Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How poor is this women’s football 18:38 - Jun 9 with 22572 viewsloftboy

Shocking defending by England for Scotland to pull one back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How poor is this women’s football on 16:32 - Jun 10 with 2728 viewsDylanP

I've thought the two matches I've watched so far were great. Much more interesting than the usual boring tripe the men's national teams serve up. I watched the England game and the Australia/Italy game and both were end to end, with positive, creative attacking play. In contrast, watching international men's teams play these days seems to always involve 90 minutes of one team sitting in two banks of defenders and the other team passing it around in their own half looking for a chink in the armour. It might be technically better (debatable), but its boring as hell to watch.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

How poor is this women’s football on 19:56 - Jun 10 with 2636 viewsNorthLondonR

How poor is this women’s football on 16:32 - Jun 10 by DylanP

I've thought the two matches I've watched so far were great. Much more interesting than the usual boring tripe the men's national teams serve up. I watched the England game and the Australia/Italy game and both were end to end, with positive, creative attacking play. In contrast, watching international men's teams play these days seems to always involve 90 minutes of one team sitting in two banks of defenders and the other team passing it around in their own half looking for a chink in the armour. It might be technically better (debatable), but its boring as hell to watch.

My missus has really got into it and I've enjoyed it so far. Such a relief from watching the sterile Male professional game with its regulatory sterile approach.

Fan's being nice and respectful to one another and some decent football. The French team were brilliant and the England vs Scotland encounter was from a different era.

I hope our move will result in more international players in future.
How poor is this women’s football on 20:36 - Jun 10 with 2571 viewspaulparker

Its sh1t but not as Sh1t as what Eire are , god they are making Scotland look like Brazil 1970 tonight

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How poor is this women’s football on 18:12 - Jun 11 with 2383 viewsDorse

At the risk of sounding like a sad pervy, I am enjoying watching the Swedish team.

Purely for research purposes, you understand.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How poor is this women’s football on 19:02 - Jun 11 with 2327 viewsBerkoRanger

I've also enjoyed the games I've watched. The only thing missing for me is the tough tackling you get in the men's game. Everything else is there - the pace, the clever one-twos, the set pieces. What's not to like? I think Women's football has hugely improved in the last 10 years.
How poor is this women’s football on 23:53 - Jun 11 with 2200 viewsRassilon

USA 13 Thailand 0 (Thirteen - Nil)
While it shows that the best of the women's teams are in a different class to the others, it also shows that you should never sit back once you have a lead. Stop time wasting, score more goals and improve your goal difference, entertain the paying customers (although the Thai fans probably wish the USA hadn't).
How poor is this women’s football on 00:03 - Jun 12 with 2186 viewsPommyhoop

How poor is this women’s football on 18:12 - Jun 11 by Dorse

At the risk of sounding like a sad pervy, I am enjoying watching the Swedish team.

Purely for research purposes, you understand.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

How poor is this women’s football on 00:52 - Jun 12 with 2157 viewstimcocking

Just saw Thailand lost 13-0. I've never seen a girl playing football in Thailand in more than a decade, i imagine they picked the first dozen girls who asked to play. Seriously.
Login to get fewer ads

How poor is this women’s football on 08:16 - Jun 12 with 2074 viewsloftboy

How poor is this women’s football on 00:03 - Jun 12 by Pommyhoop

Flipping brilliant 😂

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How poor is this women’s football on 08:56 - Jun 12 with 2033 views2Thomas2Bowles

How poor is this women’s football on 00:52 - Jun 12 by timcocking

Just saw Thailand lost 13-0. I've never seen a girl playing football in Thailand in more than a decade, i imagine they picked the first dozen girls who asked to play. Seriously.

Qualified ahead of the Philippines and Jordan, how poor must they be.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

How poor is this women’s football on 09:41 - Jun 12 with 2000 viewsDorse

How poor is this women’s football on 08:56 - Jun 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I believe she prefers to be called Katie Price these days but your point is still valid.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How poor is this women’s football on 09:55 - Jun 12 with 1987 viewsMrSheen

How poor is this women’s football on 00:52 - Jun 12 by timcocking

I bet they wanted the ground to open up and swallow them at the end. They wouldn’t be the first Thai team that had happened to. Maybe the introduction of self-ID to women’s sports might yet make Thailand a football superpower.
How poor is this women’s football on 09:57 - Jun 12 with 1984 viewsTheChef

How poor is this women’s football on 09:55 - Jun 12 by MrSheen

I bet they wanted the ground to open up and swallow them at the end. They wouldn’t be the first Thai team that had happened to. Maybe the introduction of self-ID to women’s sports might yet make Thailand a football superpower.

Well like all the other teams I assume they qualified so they must be there by right. Just that the compared to some nations, the US team is that far ahead of them.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How poor is this women’s football on 10:19 - Jun 12 with 1963 viewsMrSheen

How poor is this women’s football on 09:57 - Jun 12 by TheChef

Well like all the other teams I assume they qualified so they must be there by right. Just that the compared to some nations, the US team is that far ahead of them.

I was reading about why they were there and North Korea weren’t, though NK have a strong record. NK were slung out of qualifying last time because five players tested positive for steroids. They claimed they had been struck by lightning and were given deer glands to help them recover, but strangely weren’t believed. The Thais qualifier instead and only missed the knockout stage on goal difference. This qualifying the Thais were seeded and NK weren’t, and they got knocked out by South Korea.
How poor is this women’s football on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 1891 viewstimcocking

How poor is this women’s football on 08:56 - Jun 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Philippines is baseball and basketball, they wouldn't even know what football is. Jordan women are Muslim i assume, so not exactly a huge level of participation, they've mostly been blown up or stoned. In fact, i read Jordan only had 4 players available for selection. Ok, i didn't, but it's probably true anyway *.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the Thais are a very graceful and coordinated people generally. You show 100 Thai lasses a pool table, 90% of them would have a flawless cue action straight away. Most western men are unable to ever hold a snooker cue comfortably or correctly, even after trying for years (no jokes intended). If Thai girls had any interest whatsoever in playing football, they'd no doubt have much better natural ability than the average American girls (lest we not forget Tiger Woods). I should think my daughter is in with a realistic chance of making it in and she doesn't like football. Nobody realised we even had a team in it.

It's like laughing if Man United played my team, but i wouldn't expect us to lose 13-0, even to United. It's actually p!ssed me off.
How poor is this women’s football on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 1861 viewsMick_S

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48600012

Now, she can play.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

How poor is this women’s football on 12:27 - Jun 12 with 1842 views2Thomas2Bowles

How poor is this women’s football on 12:04 - Jun 12 by timcocking

Philippines is baseball and basketball, they wouldn't even know what football is. Jordan women are Muslim i assume, so not exactly a huge level of participation, they've mostly been blown up or stoned. In fact, i read Jordan only had 4 players available for selection. Ok, i didn't, but it's probably true anyway *.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the Thais are a very graceful and coordinated people generally. You show 100 Thai lasses a pool table, 90% of them would have a flawless cue action straight away. Most western men are unable to ever hold a snooker cue comfortably or correctly, even after trying for years (no jokes intended). If Thai girls had any interest whatsoever in playing football, they'd no doubt have much better natural ability than the average American girls (lest we not forget Tiger Woods). I should think my daughter is in with a realistic chance of making it in and she doesn't like football. Nobody realised we even had a team in it.

It's like laughing if Man United played my team, but i wouldn't expect us to lose 13-0, even to United. It's actually p!ssed me off.

Bowing and saying "sah-wah-dee kha " every time they faced a US player did not help

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

How poor is this women’s football on 12:50 - Jun 12 with 1815 viewsLythamR

How poor is this women’s football on 12:04 - Jun 12 by timcocking

I discovered some years ago that a Thai womans ability to play pool goes up exponentially depending on the money on the table, they were crap when no money on it, acceptably challenging, win some lose some at 20 baht and almost unbeatable at anything over 100 baht
How poor is this women’s football on 23:21 - Jun 12 with 1649 viewsTrom

How poor is this women’s football on 06:22 - Jun 10 by Lblock

Disappointed to have watched it right to the end and then not one, not a single one of them, honoured the traditional swapping of shirts at the end of an international game.

The use of an analysis panel that are all one gender was also crass by the BBC in this day and age

I’m outraged

Over the titties or lack of diversity on the panel?

Your post made me laugh anyway
How poor is this women’s football on 02:20 - Jun 13 with 1586 viewsMiss_Terraces

Women's football is like boxing

You don't get the games/fights you want

I want to know how far down, the men's leagues they are.

I think it's a fair question, considering the air time they are getting.

Of course, the fa will never allow it. Even though it would improve the female players.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

How poor is this women’s football on 07:54 - Jun 13 with 1478 viewsPinnerPaul

How poor is this women’s football on 02:20 - Jun 13 by Miss_Terraces

Of course, the fa will never allow it. Even though it would improve the female players.

Do you mean the women should play with the men?

Wouldn't work - several international teams including Australia have been heavily defeated by Under 14s boys teams.

I'm enjoying the WC, mostly, competitive games.
How poor is this women’s football on 07:58 - Jun 13 with 1471 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is it possible to not care much for it myself, not begrudge those who do and think there’s a bit of an agenda, perhaps rightly, to promote it beyond what it could realistically achieve on its own merits? Anyway that’s where I’m at.
How poor is this women’s football on 08:40 - Jun 13 with 1425 viewsstowmarketrange

How poor is this women’s football on 02:20 - Jun 13 by Miss_Terraces

Women and girls are allowed to play mixed football until the age of 18.But normally only the better players go to mixed football teams.
A lot of the girls playing in those leagues tend to give it up at U16 level because of the more physical nature of the football playing with young men.
It does tend to make them better and more aggressive players than girls who have played in girls teams while they were developing.
That’s my experience in the Suffolk leagues,but I can’t speak for the rest of the country.

The standard of the women’s World Cup is acceptable in my view,but you can’t compare it to the men’s game.
Would you stop watching qpr because the standard dropped below what it used to be?It is what it is.But it’s more enjoyable to watch than some men’s games I’ve watched lately.
How poor is this women’s football on 09:51 - Jun 13 with 1369 viewsMick_S

My eldest son used to play in the same team as Scott Donnelly's sister Stacey. Around our way back then, the girls had to move on to single sex football at around the age of thirteen. Prior to that she was the best player by a mile in a very strong side and went on to represent The Republic of Ireland. It's doubtful whether she could have competed physically much longer, but she was undoubtedly good enough to play alongside male players older than 13.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 9:12]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

How poor is this women’s football on 10:25 - Jun 13 with 1308 viewsToast_R

France's OG yesterday would give Zesh Rehman a run for his money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024