Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet from Bees? 12:17 - Jun 18 with 12793 viewsLblock

Hearing from my Bentford ST holder member of staff we've signed their Left Back.

"Much better than Bidwell" says he

"So's a bollard" says me

Have we?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barbet from Bees? on 12:22 - Jun 18 with 6406 viewsDannyPaddox

To be fair Jimmy Bollard was half decent
Barbet from Bees? on 12:25 - Jun 18 with 6373 viewsHayesender

Isn't Wallace a left back?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Barbet from Bees? on 12:30 - Jun 18 with 6328 viewsMoonshineSteve

God, we have SO MANY left backs.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Barbet from Bees? on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 6319 viewsQPRSteve

I thought he was a central defender
Barbet from Bees? on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 6311 viewsMaggsinho

He's a centre back who can play left back isn't he?

Some tweets out of France suggesting he's having a medical today.
Barbet from Bees? on 12:32 - Jun 18 with 6306 viewsHayesender

https://the72.co.uk/135365/brentford-defender-closing-in-on-qpr-switch/amp/

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Barbet from Bees? on 12:32 - Jun 18 with 6306 viewsMoonshineSteve

FFS, we don't have enough left backs.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Barbet from Bees? on 12:35 - Jun 18 with 6285 viewsMaggsinho

And now from Dave Mc.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/barbet-set-for-move-to-qpr#.XQjMRQT65aI.twit
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet from Bees? on 12:43 - Jun 18 with 6223 viewsDavieQPR

He is a CB who was dropped to the bench. He was used as a LB when Rico Henry was injured.
Barbet from Bees? on 12:51 - Jun 18 with 6159 viewsBAWHoops

Defence looks like it's coming together slowly

Furlong Leistner Barbet Wallace

with Kakay and Hall in reserve

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Barbet from Bees? on 12:55 - Jun 18 with 6116 viewsrsonist

Barbet from Bees? on 12:43 - Jun 18 by DavieQPR

He is a CB who was dropped to the bench. He was used as a LB when Rico Henry was injured.

Can't wait til we sign Henry once Barbet's contract expires.
Barbet from Bees? on 12:58 - Jun 18 with 6084 viewssimmo

Looks legit if Dave Mc is on it.

Positives - Championship experience, good age, can play 2 positions we need people for, free transfer and known to the manager.

Negatives - Seemed to be constantly either behind other 1st choice CB's or injured, meaning he's averaged 27 games a season over 4 years at Brentford. Turned down a renewal at Brentford meaning he's likely after more money.

The same 'managers signing over QPR target' thing applies too, but I like that we're building from the back and doing it without transfer fees

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barbet from Bees? on 14:18 - Jun 18 with 5739 viewsswitchingcode

Barbet from Bees? on 12:55 - Jun 18 by rsonist

Can't wait til we sign Henry once Barbet's contract expires.

😃😃😃
Barbet from Bees? on 14:21 - Jun 18 with 5723 viewspaulparker

Barbet from Bees? on 12:51 - Jun 18 by BAWHoops

Defence looks like it's coming together slowly

Furlong Leistner Barbet Wallace

with Kakay and Hall in reserve

Kakay & hall in reserve

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barbet from Bees? on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 5691 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barbet from Bees? on 12:58 - Jun 18 by simmo

Positives - Championship experience, good age, can play 2 positions we need people for, free transfer and known to the manager.

Negatives - Seemed to be constantly either behind other 1st choice CB's or injured, meaning he's averaged 27 games a season over 4 years at Brentford. Turned down a renewal at Brentford meaning he's likely after more money.

The same 'managers signing over QPR target' thing applies too, but I like that we're building from the back and doing it without transfer fees

Maybe, although an out-of-contract CB in this division is likely someone we'd have been looking at for a while. Would be surprised if Penrice hadn't watched him.

Also, this isn't an either/or. I think Les said a manager says if they want a particular player they will look at him but also have others for that position and then discuss it. I don't think it is - nor should it be - players foisted on managers - or vice versa.

Bare bones.

Barbet from Bees? on 14:25 - Jun 18 with 5692 viewseghamranger

Barbet from Bees? on 12:58 - Jun 18 by simmo

You never know... he may want to take a pay cut and play every week!!
Barbet from Bees? on 14:25 - Jun 18 with 5691 viewsLowerloftLad

would he improve our back four and is he good enough to help us stay up again this season ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Barbet from Bees? on 14:33 - Jun 18 with 5631 viewsLblock

Best thing about this for me is that I now have a Bentford supporter sitting opposite me who is "gutted (we've) signed him for nothing, really good player"

Look forward to this nutter being pictured on Loftus Road pitch holding a blue and white scarf above his head whilst grinning madly

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barbet from Bees? on 14:46 - Jun 18 with 5544 viewsJJB

Barbet from Bees? on 14:25 - Jun 18 by LowerloftLad

would he improve our back four and is he good enough to help us stay up again this season ?

If he doesn't improve our back four he must be proper shit.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Barbet from Bees? on 14:58 - Jun 18 with 5493 viewsrsonist

Barbet from Bees? on 14:24 - Jun 18 by Antti_Heinola

Maybe, although an out-of-contract CB in this division is likely someone we'd have been looking at for a while. Would be surprised if Penrice hadn't watched him.

Also, this isn't an either/or. I think Les said a manager says if they want a particular player they will look at him but also have others for that position and then discuss it. I don't think it is - nor should it be - players foisted on managers - or vice versa.

He's one of if not the most well-known free agent defenders at this level this summer, I don't think it's much of a nepotism or scouting masterclass either way tbh.

Maybe it's been agent porkies all along but he's been linked with Wolves, Newcastle, Leeds, Huddersfield, Villa this whole time and surely we wouldn't have raised his Bees contract by too much. It's all a bit of a shock really. I guess he just really likes living in London...
Barbet from Bees? on 15:00 - Jun 18 with 5471 viewsNorthernr

Him and Warburton didn't overlap at Brentford which I didn't realise - he arrived the month after Warburton left.
Barbet from Bees? on 15:14 - Jun 18 with 5398 viewsrsonist

Barbet from Bees? on 14:18 - Jun 18 by switchingcode

😃😃😃

Barbet from Bees? on 15:31 - Jun 18 with 5311 viewsrobith

Brentford fans online seem extremely mad about this, and thus i am Into It
Barbet from Bees? on 15:39 - Jun 18 with 5269 viewskensalriser

Barbet from Bees? on 15:00 - Jun 18 by Northernr

Him and Warburton didn't overlap at Brentford which I didn't realise - he arrived the month after Warburton left.

Is the 'him' a northern thing or do you just like to keep the subs on their toes?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barbet from Bees? on 15:50 - Jun 18 with 5194 viewsNorthernr

Barbet from Bees? on 15:39 - Jun 18 by kensalriser

Is the 'him' a northern thing or do you just like to keep the subs on their toes?

I'm blaming my upbringing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024