Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loaning in Prem youngsters? 17:07 - Jun 19 with 2461 viewsconnell10

Good idea or not? Im a bit worried that our own youngsters could miss out.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 17:12 - Jun 19 with 2445 viewsNorthernr

Well it would depend on position I guess.
If we're going to loan some fancy '10' in and play him ahead of Chair, Eze, Samuel etc then yeh that seems like a waste of time. But it would be a bold move going into the season with a strike force of Smith and Oteh.
Suspect they will try and use this to get round the obscene cost of strikers.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 17:44 - Jun 19 with 2374 viewsGloucs_R

A villa striker had been mentioned, plus one from Arsenal too

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 17:58 - Jun 19 with 2348 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wages and loan fees might also be a factor.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 18:07 - Jun 19 with 2333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 17:58 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Wages and loan fees might also be a factor.

This.

I read somewhere that loaning a player from a top four club is really expensive because they demand fees.

Chelsea got fined for abusing the systems didn’t they?

Maybe target newly promoted sides and the players that got them there but are no longer wanted.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 18:44]
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 18:27 - Jun 19 with 2292 viewsdaveB

cost of them is the big problem and as we saw with Tom Carroll and Will Keane a superstar in under 23 football can look like a little boy when he plays in the championship
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 23:09 - Jun 19 with 2074 viewsDavieQPR

All the teams that did well last season relied heavily on loan players.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 23:32 - Jun 19 with 2046 viewsWadR

Good idea but with the caveat that, as Clive said, it shouldn't impede the development of our own youngsters.

Mount, Abraham, Harry Wilson, DaSilva, Reece James were standout players in the league last season.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 23:36 - Jun 19 with 2042 viewsMatch82

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 18:07 - Jun 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

This.

I read somewhere that loaning a player from a top four club is really expensive because they demand fees.

Chelsea got fined for abusing the systems didn’t they?

Maybe target newly promoted sides and the players that got them there but are no longer wanted.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 18:44]

Like Hemed and Wells?

I don't disagree by the way, and I actually thought both of those were fantastic signings (whoops) but I hope we get a bit of luck this time
Login to get fewer ads

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 01:19 - Jun 20 with 1987 viewstimcocking

Generally speaking i'm 100% against loan signing as a strategy, i fcuking hate it, don't want to watch other teams players, no interest in it. I'd rather we played our own boys and lost. We lose anyway. Perhaps an individual loan here or there (Kyle Walker springs to mind), but in my opinion loans should be completely illegal and every squad should have a maximum number of players allowed with no loans ever by any team under any circumstances.

As it stands, if i was made manager of a team though, i'd obviously be looking to bomb my young players out and replace them with the best premier league loanees i could get. This is shit, though.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 08:33 - Jun 20 with 1866 viewsconnell10

Well it dont sit easy with me, i thought we were meant to be bringing through our own youth players not loaning in other teams youth with no possible future benefits for our club! I can understand bringing in a few older players on loan to give our boys their experience but not some bertie big bollox from Chelsea or Arsenal giving it the big un! Not for me.

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 08:34 - Jun 20 with 1866 viewsRblockPrior

It is extremely rare for a team to do well without having a couple of loan signings, if you look back to when we won the league. Routledge and Walker were massive for us.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 08:46 - Jun 20 with 1849 viewsrunningman75

Taarabt's first spell was on loan. I had never heard of him when he first came. We have to give players a chance wherever they come from. Some players will not have the attitude and think they are too good without needing to graft (Jay Emmanuel-Thomas), Others may come good. As our striking department is very sparse anyone who vaguely knows where a goal is without the need for GPS will be welcome.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 08:46 - Jun 20 with 1849 viewsMaggsinho

I've got no problem with it, it feels like we're deliberately limiting the pool of talent to choose from if we turn our nose up at them to be purer than pure. If the short term aim this season is to stay up then why not use a short term solution?

As said above I wouldn't want a number 10 blocking the likes of Eze or Chair but if it means we get eg a new striker in and it improves us a side then why not? What if there a chance we could sign them permanently the season after next, or does it give space and time for a youngster to develop for the season after.
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 09:03 - Jun 20 with 1833 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 23:36 - Jun 19 by Match82

Like Hemed and Wells?

I don't disagree by the way, and I actually thought both of those were fantastic signings (whoops) but I hope we get a bit of luck this time

HAHA so did I.

Who wouldn't want Wells!

Then again I celebrated every Mark Hughes signing too.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 9:03]
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 09:06 - Jun 20 with 1819 viewskingsburyR

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 17:44 - Jun 19 by Gloucs_R

A villa striker had been mentioned, plus one from Arsenal too

Ozil can do one!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 12:58 - Jun 20 with 1671 viewsGloucs_R

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 09:06 - Jun 20 by kingsburyR

Ozil can do one!

😂😂😂

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 13:13 - Jun 20 with 1628 viewsPBLOCK

Don’t have a problem with loan players as long as they add to the team

Over the years we have had some quality loan signings Taarabt, Routledge, Idiakez, Ward, Kennedy etc

Equally we have had some absolute garbage Malcolm, Caesar Macheda etc

As long as it doesn’t stunt the development of players and adds to what we have and is sensible money wise then why not?

The loaning in of an Ale Faurlin (my god what would we give for him right now) or a goal machine a la Austin would be fine by me
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 1543 viewspaulparker

It’s a waste of time for where we need to be , we were worse off with 3 loan players than the previous season, a mason mount isn’t going to becoming here
It’s about developing our youngsters and selling them on, by the sounds of things this is what MW is going to do I look forward to the continued bargain signings we have been making

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 14:43 - Jun 20 with 1518 viewsrsonist

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 14:27 - Jun 20 by paulparker

It’s a waste of time for where we need to be , we were worse off with 3 loan players than the previous season, a mason mount isn’t going to becoming here
It’s about developing our youngsters and selling them on, by the sounds of things this is what MW is going to do I look forward to the continued bargain signings we have been making

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-boss-wants-premier-league-y
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 15:00 - Jun 20 with 1480 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've just googled Will Keane.

8 goals in about 92 apps.

I forgot how shit he was.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 08:48 - Jun 21 with 1238 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 15:00 - Jun 20 by Metallica_Hoop

I've just googled Will Keane.

8 goals in about 92 apps.

I forgot how shit he was.

I reckon, I could score 8 in 92
Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 09:11 - Jun 21 with 1194 viewsTonto

there are three issues here: f

irstly, as has been said above, we have had some right rubbish down the years - and that probably far outweighs the number of decent loan players we have had. i accept a lot of that was down to the attitude of the player - are they willing to get stuck in or want to avoid getting injured (Scott Sinclair anyone?) Most of the prem clubs want longer term loans, so once you have one in, you are likely stuck with them

And then there are the fees and wages. I suspect a starlet at Chelsea is on more than half our first team. What are we getting in terms of value?

Finally its the route to the first tea of our own youngsters, which Chris Ramsey and co are ding a decent job of producing, for the first time in a decade or two.

So unless we get a special sort at a knock down price in a position that doesn't get in the way of our own potential stars, its a no from me. So lets cut to the quick. its a straight no.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 14:49 - Jun 21 with 1071 viewsJigsore

Depends if we have a gaping hole in the squad by this time next month

and I don't mean Joey Barton, sorry for the confusion
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 15:08]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 15:09 - Jun 21 with 1041 viewsPunteR

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 14:27 - Jun 20 by paulparker

Agree with this. We're not pushing for promotion we're trying to build the squad from scratch again. Loans are a short term option.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 15:15 - Jun 21 with 1029 viewsconnell10

Loaning in Prem youngsters? on 15:09 - Jun 21 by PunteR

Agree with this. We're not pushing for promotion we're trying to build the squad from scratch again. Loans are a short term option.

Agree mate it just seems a bit silly loaning in other clubs young players when i thought we were meant to bringing through our own!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024