Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Smith- Wales International 14:30 - Jun 21 with 11203 viewsthame_hoops

Another player potentially incoming, Man city and Wales international, central midfielder, thoughts?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:32 - Jun 21 with 7239 viewsMaggsinho

Good job we're selling Matt Smith or it would get confusing.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 7224 viewsGloucs_R

Defensive midfielder whos only 19 but played 30 games last year for FC Twente

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:37 - Jun 21 with 7197 viewsRblockPrior

Would be another top signing if true

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:38 - Jun 21 with 7188 viewsMaggsinho

Matt Smith meeting Matt Smith on his first day.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 7077 viewsrichranger

Sounds top signing if true :>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46177730
Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 7064 viewsBoston

I’d be delighted if a young player with potential is willing to sign for us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 7073 viewsaston_hoop

We can simply refer to them as Matthew and Mathieu - sorted

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:56 - Jun 21 with 7038 viewsrsonist

Phew, I was worried the Smith, Smyth, Smithies production line was coming to an end.

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:01 - Jun 21 with 7011 viewsextratimeR

Yes, it would be a very good signing for us, but a bit surprised he would choose us.

I'm only guessing, but if we are going to let Luongo go, (a big loss), then he would be a natural replacement, (and he would get guaranteed first team football).

The Championship doesn't take any prisoners, and he will have big shoes to fill.

Good player though.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:31 - Jun 21 with 6876 viewsBostonR

I hear this Portugese U21 player - Alberto Alves Coelho, known as Betinho is being liked with Rs through his association with Warburton.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:46 - Jun 21 with 6785 viewstimcocking

Matt Smith- Wales International on 14:32 - Jun 21 by Maggsinho

Good job we're selling Matt Smith or it would get confusing.

Reason enough to keep him in my book. Perhaps we could come up with a cunning plan, get an extra player on without anybody noticing or something...
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:47 - Jun 21 with 6799 viewsrsonist

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:01 - Jun 21 by extratimeR

Yes, it would be a very good signing for us, but a bit surprised he would choose us.

I'm only guessing, but if we are going to let Luongo go, (a big loss), then he would be a natural replacement, (and he would get guaranteed first team football).

The Championship doesn't take any prisoners, and he will have big shoes to fill.

Good player though.

Hadn't heard of him before the recent Wales game. He sounds a bit like Scowen.

Where is this rumour from anyway, I can't see the source anywhere.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:14 - Jun 21 with 6680 viewssimmo

What is the source for him being linked with us?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:30 - Jun 21 with 6606 viewsLongsufferingR

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:14 - Jun 21 by simmo

The first post in this thread I think.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 6574 viewsMatch82

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:46 - Jun 21 by timcocking

Reason enough to keep him in my book. Perhaps we could come up with a cunning plan, get an extra player on without anybody noticing or something...

I like it. Though if we are trying to sneak an extra player on without people noticing then 9ft tall Matt Smith might not be the subtlest choice!
Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:13 - Jun 21 with 6418 viewsthame_hoops

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:14 - Jun 21 by simmo

I work in Redditch and that’s where he’s from. Lads in the company under my office know him so told me we are showing an interest
Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:38 - Jun 21 with 6348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:13 - Jun 21 by thame_hoops

I work in Redditch and that’s where he’s from. Lads in the company under my office know him so told me we are showing an interest

UNDER your office?

Are you a roof tiler?
Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:51 - Jun 21 with 6303 viewsHastings_Hoops

I've got to say that Mark Warburton is really impressing me so far aside from this. Certainly using his head for business, balancing the books and in theory improving us on the pitch as he goes.

I am assuming that the three (soon to be six) signings he's brought in already are less expensive than the half dozen he's released - assuming £5k/player/week that's the best part of £1.5m a year saved already. so there's a chunk off the annual deficit. If he can shift Ingram (probably earning a decent wage) and then if he can get a good offer for Freeman - great work.

I'm not sure he needs to invest in central midfield given that we'd have Luongo, Scowen, Manning and (apparently) Barbet if needed to anchor midfield and release Chair/Eze to play a "number 10" role.

What I really like is that he seems to be bringing in players who can rotate a bit and give him some options. For example, Rangel coming back in would add real balance and allow some head room if he chose to play Barbet in midfield on occasions as it would mean that Furlong could move the CB on those occasions with Rangel stepping in at RB.

Great wingers already (BOS, Shodipo, Chair, Eze), so we should look to focus on getting a decent striker in to support Smyth / Eze or to play off of Smith (if he stays*).

*Given the strength of wingers we are likely to have next season, we should think long and hard about whether Smith should be sold. He will get us 15 goals next year given the above, so it comes down to whether Warburton wants to stick or twist.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 18:12 - Jun 21 with 6226 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:51 - Jun 21 by Hastings_Hoops

I've got to say that Mark Warburton is really impressing me so far aside from this. Certainly using his head for business, balancing the books and in theory improving us on the pitch as he goes.

I am assuming that the three (soon to be six) signings he's brought in already are less expensive than the half dozen he's released - assuming £5k/player/week that's the best part of £1.5m a year saved already. so there's a chunk off the annual deficit. If he can shift Ingram (probably earning a decent wage) and then if he can get a good offer for Freeman - great work.

I'm not sure he needs to invest in central midfield given that we'd have Luongo, Scowen, Manning and (apparently) Barbet if needed to anchor midfield and release Chair/Eze to play a "number 10" role.

What I really like is that he seems to be bringing in players who can rotate a bit and give him some options. For example, Rangel coming back in would add real balance and allow some head room if he chose to play Barbet in midfield on occasions as it would mean that Furlong could move the CB on those occasions with Rangel stepping in at RB.

Great wingers already (BOS, Shodipo, Chair, Eze), so we should look to focus on getting a decent striker in to support Smyth / Eze or to play off of Smith (if he stays*).

*Given the strength of wingers we are likely to have next season, we should think long and hard about whether Smith should be sold. He will get us 15 goals next year given the above, so it comes down to whether Warburton wants to stick or twist.

Me too.

However, it means fck all if the mouth breathers on Twitter go mental after every defeat and TF and chums listen and kick him out after the first run of poor form he encounters.

We need to get the board’s dirty fingers out the pie and let Les and the football boys get on with it. According to Holloway he sacked against Les’s wishes. That ain’t right.

Stick to selling cheap flights to Malaysians lad and stay in the boardroom with your phone Twitter free.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 18:13]
Matt Smith- Wales International on 18:32 - Jun 21 with 6142 viewsthame_hoops

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:38 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

UNDER your office?

Are you a roof tiler?

Lol I rent the first floor above a company on the ground floor. They’re all villa fans below 😭
Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:01 - Jun 21 with 5899 viewsBoston

Villa fans eh? Feckenham all.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 11:04 - Jun 22 with 5189 viewsDorse

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:31 - Jun 21 by BostonR

I hear this Portugese U21 player - Alberto Alves Coelho, known as Betinho is being liked with Rs through his association with Warburton.

Can he change his name to Smithinho?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Matt Smith- Wales International on 13:26 - Jun 22 with 5038 viewsDannyPaddox

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:31 - Jun 21 by BostonR

Albert Pounder in the 50s

Last Albert to play for the Rs?

Edit: Immediately thought of one after posting.

'2 goals at the City Ground' Albert

[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 13:33]
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:21 - Jul 1 with 4435 viewsthame_hoops

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/01/report-qpr-to-sign-matt-smith-from-manches
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:30 - Jul 1 with 4368 viewsTW_R

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:21 - Jul 1 by thame_hoops

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/01/report-qpr-to-sign-matt-smith-from-manches

Did you just try to validate your thread by linking us to a story on HITC!!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024