Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman to the blades 14:32 - Jun 21 with 37865 viewsGloucs_R

For just £4m???

Surely we'd not let him go that cheaply

Poll: Are we staying up?

Freeman to the blades on 19:55 - Jun 25 with 3189 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 16:57 - Jun 25 by derbyhoop

Not at all. But you (we?) need to learn to distinguish between fake news (Sky Sports clickbait bolox) and real news, from a source with good contacts close to the club.

I'd be surprised if Freeman is still ours by the time the pre-season games start. But I'd be equally surprised if he gets sold for £4m. And astonished if we went for less.

Ive never posted any click bait on here and take everything with a pinch of salt including "real news".

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Freeman to the blades on 19:57 - Jun 25 with 3185 viewsDorse

Freeman to the blades on 17:42 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not when you do it on the bus. It'll get you arrested.

Especially if you are debunking your bollocks.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Freeman to the blades on 20:14 - Jun 25 with 3105 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Freeman to the blades on 08:49 - Jun 24 by Hunterhoop

Aston Villa’s revenue in their first season relegated versus our forecast revenue for this coming season are entirely different things!! For a start there would be a £40m parachute payment difference.

And on the selling club’s side Brentford have never been close to missing the rolling £39m year loss figure. So there’s absolutely no pressure to sell. They don’t have to. They do because it’s their successful business model that keeps them a long way from being in danger of the £39m.

QPR, ever since Redknapp rocked up, especially that Promotion season, have spent so far beyond our revenue, since we were relegated we’ve been in constant danger of missing that rolling £39m. EVERY OTHER CLUB KNOWS THIS. So do agents. Just because our fan base doesn’t want to face up to reality or look at the details because “we’re not chartered accountants”, doesn’t mean it’s not true.

When every one you negotiate with knows you can’t hold out like Brentford can, because we have the wolf at the door, you have less leverage.

I’d love the club to sell Freeman for £10+m, and should there actually be multiple clubs desperate to have him, and he has no automatic release clause at which level we must accept offers, i’m sure the board will obtain a good price by simply playing clubs offer against each other. Nothing to do with guts, just basic intelligence. But you can’t magic up interest. It may not be there. We all though Smithies was great, myself included, but we still only received one offer!

After this season, I think we can and will become able to say “no”, or hold out for more over a 12 month period. IF we can get through this season losing only £11-12m (with £12m less revenue), we will have hopefully corrected the ship. Then we can operating in a manner where we’re no longer forced to sell to not breach FFP.

When you’re forced to sell, you can’t hold out because the other parties know the end game for you not selling is points deduction, fines and likely relegation. For them the end game of us not selling is they go buy another player. Surely you can see where the leverage lies?!

It's feels slightly remiss of me to offer a response given that it has since been widely reported that the initial offers have been rejected but I feel your excellent post is worthy of one anyway.

I totally agree that FFP is a significant constraint and share your view that negotiations will become easier once this millstone is lifted from our necks. However I don't agree that QPR is currently without any leverage regarding the sale of Freeman. On balance I feel that the club still holds the cards as the constraints you mention are balanced by a number of factors:

(1) Luke has 2 years left on his contract so there is no pressure to sell immediately.
(2) Market rate for a player like Luke is clearly significantly higher than the initial £4 million offered. This offer was an opening gambit; it should and has been rejected.
(3) He is a very good player with an excellent track record. He can ghost past players, has an eye for a pass, scores goals, assists, is excellent with set pieces, works hard and has a great attitude. I doubt we'd struggle to command £4 million in January.
(4) The club has already released at least 10 number big earners which will go someway to bridging the FFP gap.
(5) Ingram has moved on today and both Smith and Luongo are being touted with moves away. This makes more sense as Smith is likely to be surplus to requirements whilst Luongo is entering the final year of his contract and showing little signs of signing an extension.
(6) Much has been made of other clubs knowing our predicament. The reverse is also true. We know for a fact that Sheffield United have been promoted and will have £150 million burning a hole in their pockets. They can afford to pay more.
(7) We now have Warburton at the club. A shrewd operator with a successful background as a City trader and Director of Football. He has more experience and know-how of negotiating than Les and will be offering some advice. Why? Because his kitty will depend on income. He will want to keep his best players and will insist that if our best players must be sold that we command a high transfer fee. If they don't they will provide Mark with an excuse to fail.

The bottom line is that the club has embarked on a new approach of developing youngsters and recruiting raw diamonds. This strategy will only work if in tandem we strengthen our negotiating resolve as there's no point developing players to sell them on cheaply.

I'll draw the line here because in all honesty if and when Freeman is sold it will be for an "undisclosed fee" and we'll all be none the wiser.
Freeman to the blades on 20:31 - Jun 25 with 3041 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman to the blades on 20:14 - Jun 25 by Benny_the_Ball

It's feels slightly remiss of me to offer a response given that it has since been widely reported that the initial offers have been rejected but I feel your excellent post is worthy of one anyway.

I totally agree that FFP is a significant constraint and share your view that negotiations will become easier once this millstone is lifted from our necks. However I don't agree that QPR is currently without any leverage regarding the sale of Freeman. On balance I feel that the club still holds the cards as the constraints you mention are balanced by a number of factors:

(1) Luke has 2 years left on his contract so there is no pressure to sell immediately.
(2) Market rate for a player like Luke is clearly significantly higher than the initial £4 million offered. This offer was an opening gambit; it should and has been rejected.
(3) He is a very good player with an excellent track record. He can ghost past players, has an eye for a pass, scores goals, assists, is excellent with set pieces, works hard and has a great attitude. I doubt we'd struggle to command £4 million in January.
(4) The club has already released at least 10 number big earners which will go someway to bridging the FFP gap.
(5) Ingram has moved on today and both Smith and Luongo are being touted with moves away. This makes more sense as Smith is likely to be surplus to requirements whilst Luongo is entering the final year of his contract and showing little signs of signing an extension.
(6) Much has been made of other clubs knowing our predicament. The reverse is also true. We know for a fact that Sheffield United have been promoted and will have £150 million burning a hole in their pockets. They can afford to pay more.
(7) We now have Warburton at the club. A shrewd operator with a successful background as a City trader and Director of Football. He has more experience and know-how of negotiating than Les and will be offering some advice. Why? Because his kitty will depend on income. He will want to keep his best players and will insist that if our best players must be sold that we command a high transfer fee. If they don't they will provide Mark with an excuse to fail.

The bottom line is that the club has embarked on a new approach of developing youngsters and recruiting raw diamonds. This strategy will only work if in tandem we strengthen our negotiating resolve as there's no point developing players to sell them on cheaply.

I'll draw the line here because in all honesty if and when Freeman is sold it will be for an "undisclosed fee" and we'll all be none the wiser.

Excellent post, Benny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman to the blades on 20:53 - Jun 25 with 2977 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 20:14 - Jun 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes good post that..

Freeman to the blades on 21:24 - Jun 25 with 2868 viewsCiderwithRsie

Excellent posts from BennytheBall and Hunterhoop. I especially like Benny's point about maybe selling in Jan when clubs get desperate - we've been caught on the wrong side of that one often enough.

I still think Hunter's point about the FFP pressures on us to sell over the last few years compared to better run clubs with exactly the same players is key. Also, a lot depends on what sort of players are in demand - IIRC damn few clubs changed their first choice GK the year Smithies was sold and that reduces his price. Ideally we want two loaded clubs who've just sold a key playmaker/goalscoring midfielder needing someone like Freeman and bidding against each other.
Freeman to the blades on 23:27 - Jun 25 with 2663 viewsBoston

Move over Benny the Ball, you are now Top Cat.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Freeman to the blades on 23:45 - Jun 25 with 2623 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 23:27 - Jun 25 by Boston

Move over Benny the Ball, you are now Top Cat.

That would make Hunterhoop Officer Dibble..

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman to the blades on 01:59 - Jun 26 with 2513 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

... saw a post elsewhere that Freeman has just bought a house in Surrey too,,. so sheff sounds unlikely, if true.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Freeman to the blades on 02:22 - Jun 26 with 2479 viewstimcocking

I wonder how he'll actually do in the Premier League? Brilliant Championship player but he isn't a superb natural athlete, i.e. he's short and fat, and he likes to hold on to the ball too long. I hope it goes well for him, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle. It's partially for this reason that i'm not surprised we get such a low price for him.

False economy for us of course, but he's earned his opportunity so good luck to him. Without Luke Freeman, we're in the third division already. I forget what they call it now, Division 1?

Bloody sickening to lose our best players and then they barely even get a kick.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 2:25]
Freeman to the blades on 09:30 - Jun 26 with 2280 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 01:59 - Jun 26 by UPPERLOFTNZ

... saw a post elsewhere that Freeman has just bought a house in Surrey too,,. so sheff sounds unlikely, if true.

Ha ha, is it Danny Graham's old gaff? (one for the message board veterans there)
Freeman to the blades on 09:32 - Jun 26 with 2273 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 15:36 - Jun 25 by PunteR

So we can only comment on Dave Mcs storeys?

I even put specific in there twice and you've still missed it.
Freeman to the blades on 09:36 - Jun 26 with 2252 viewsTheChef

Freeman to the blades on 20:53 - Jun 25 by PunteR

Yes good post that..

In other words - we've turned into Brentford.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Freeman to the blades on 09:50 - Jun 26 with 2188 viewsrobith

Freeman to the blades on 09:30 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Ha ha, is it Danny Graham's old gaff? (one for the message board veterans there)

deep cut
Freeman to the blades on 10:07 - Jun 26 with 2115 viewsJacksDad

BBC report Spuds to pick up Young Clarke 18yo Dirty Lids winger for 8/9Mil,
Freeman to the blades on 10:09 - Jun 26 with 2106 viewsStanisgod

Freeman to the blades on 02:22 - Jun 26 by timcocking

I wonder how he'll actually do in the Premier League? Brilliant Championship player but he isn't a superb natural athlete, i.e. he's short and fat, and he likes to hold on to the ball too long. I hope it goes well for him, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle. It's partially for this reason that i'm not surprised we get such a low price for him.

False economy for us of course, but he's earned his opportunity so good luck to him. Without Luke Freeman, we're in the third division already. I forget what they call it now, Division 1?

Bloody sickening to lose our best players and then they barely even get a kick.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 2:25]

Fat 🤔

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Freeman to the blades on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 2066 viewsRs_Holy

Freeman to the blades on 09:30 - Jun 26 by Northernr

No its Ched Evan's old place :)
Freeman to the blades on 10:30 - Jun 26 with 2009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman to the blades on 21:24 - Jun 25 by CiderwithRsie

Excellent posts from BennytheBall and Hunterhoop. I especially like Benny's point about maybe selling in Jan when clubs get desperate - we've been caught on the wrong side of that one often enough.

I still think Hunter's point about the FFP pressures on us to sell over the last few years compared to better run clubs with exactly the same players is key. Also, a lot depends on what sort of players are in demand - IIRC damn few clubs changed their first choice GK the year Smithies was sold and that reduces his price. Ideally we want two loaded clubs who've just sold a key playmaker/goalscoring midfielder needing someone like Freeman and bidding against each other.

The problem with selling in Jan, as we saw this year, is that teams are panicking less and less at that time of year. They're really reluctant to spend big money then. The flipside as well is that if we sell in Jan you have almost no time to replace, and suddenly you become the 'desperate' club with a few mill burning a bloody obvious hole in your pocket. See Austin/Washington.

Bare bones.

Freeman to the blades on 10:41 - Jun 26 with 1965 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 09:32 - Jun 26 by Northernr

I even put specific in there twice and you've still missed it.

No i didnt miss that, but it seems the only credible source is from Dave Mc.

Freeman to the blades on 12:01 - Jun 26 with 1795 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 10:41 - Jun 26 by PunteR

No i didnt miss that, but it seems the only credible source is from Dave Mc.

He's more credible than just about anywhere else on QPR yes, but I'm not saying all you should talk about is his stories. I'm saying that in this specific example, taking the Sky story as true and his as false is a stupid thing to do.
Freeman to the blades on 12:58 - Jun 26 with 1613 viewsLowerloftLad

talk of leeds and forest now showing interest now so i would expect to see that price tag sneaking up

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Freeman to the blades on 13:17 - Jun 26 with 1516 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 12:58 - Jun 26 by LowerloftLad

talk of leeds and forest now showing interest now so i would expect to see that price tag sneaking up

Good. I think it's inevitable he's going, and we need as much as poss, so a bidding war would be fantastic news.

Annoying if he ends up at Leeds though.
Freeman to the blades on 13:26 - Jun 26 with 1461 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman to the blades on 12:58 - Jun 26 by LowerloftLad

zero chance Leeds have anything like the money to make an offer. I could be wrong, but not sure where on earth they'd even get #4m for one player from.

Bare bones.

Freeman to the blades on 13:29 - Jun 26 with 1447 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 13:26 - Jun 26 by Antti_Heinola

zero chance Leeds have anything like the money to make an offer. I could be wrong, but not sure where on earth they'd even get #4m for one player from.

Sell Elland Road to the fcking Tooth Fairy or some such bolox.

(Or, more realistically, Jack Clarke heavily linked with £9m Tottenham move)

This post has been edited by an administrator
Freeman to the blades on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 1421 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Freeman to the blades on 10:07 - Jun 26 by JacksDad

BBC report Spuds to pick up Young Clarke 18yo Dirty Lids winger for 8/9Mil,

Maybe that's where they would get the dosh to bid on Freeman.

SNAP!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 13:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024