Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman to the blades 14:32 - Jun 21 with 37554 viewsGloucs_R

For just £4m???

Surely we'd not let him go that cheaply

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Freeman to the blades on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 7698 viewsRblockPrior

Although I can not see him going to Sheff U, I do think we will sell him for around that figure. We should be pushing for a figure closer to 7/8 million imo

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Freeman to the blades on 14:34 - Jun 21 with 7691 viewsGloucs_R

Freeman to the blades on 14:33 - Jun 21 by RblockPrior

Although I can not see him going to Sheff U, I do think we will sell him for around that figure. We should be pushing for a figure closer to 7/8 million imo

6m plus add ons at least

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Freeman to the blades on 14:42 - Jun 21 with 7638 viewsconnell10

Sorry if true 4 million is a joke!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman to the blades on 14:43 - Jun 21 with 7623 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

According to the reports... £4m is what they’re going to offer. Doesn’t mean we’d accept it. I guess it depends on other offers or if there’s a buyout clause in his contract. Does seem like a bargain.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Freeman to the blades on 14:47 - Jun 21 with 7585 viewsrichranger

Will be amazed if he goes for as little as that. Surely this is the opening bid on what could be a long auction. Surely Leeds will make a bid too?
Freeman to the blades on 14:50 - Jun 21 with 7562 viewsrsonist

The same report (from Alan Nixon who probably gets more right than wrong) mentions they'll also offer Swansea £15m for Ollie McBurnie...
Freeman to the blades on 15:10 - Jun 21 with 7442 viewsbosh67

We sold Smithies to Cardiff for £1.50 + VAT so I am not sure whether we would get a fiver for Luke?

Problem we have is is there a figure in any kind of release clause? We turned down £4 million last season and he signed a longterm contract but if it still said £4 million in that (which knowing us we didn't adjust) then we are screwed.

I think they may get some add ons but I sadly think he will go for £4 million and we'll be told it's great business because we bought him for £315K in 2017.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman to the blades on 15:17 - Jun 21 with 7405 viewsPunteR

£4 mill ? If he goes for that then what is the point of trying to buy cheap players or bring through youngsters if we're not going to get decent money for them.?
Ok we got him on a free but the point is we should get what the players worth to us not what other clubs thinks he's worth. He our best player by a mile. Might as well keep him for that money.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman to the blades on 15:24 - Jun 21 with 7365 viewssimmo

Depends on if that's the only offer and if there's a clause that's activated for a PL team making the offer. £4m is a tragic fee considering what he means to us and what similar/lesser players in this league seem to go for, but he wants to move and we need to sell, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened - just disappointed!

I think closer to £7m is more realistic, but there doesn't seem to be a flurry of suitors at our door and with the obvious route of Pulis at Boro gone, maybe beggars can't be choosers...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman to the blades on 15:26 - Jun 21 with 7349 viewsBostonR

Nothing less than £8-10M.
Freeman to the blades on 15:28 - Jun 21 with 7326 viewstimcocking

Yes, it is fcuking aggravating.

If he was pretty sh!t and playing for some cr@p French team or something they'd probably get 25 million, we'll get 4.
Freeman to the blades on 15:41 - Jun 21 with 7282 viewstkqpr

It wouldn't surprise me that he inserted a release clause in his last contract he signed for us. £4m is a figure that keeps getting banded about so there maybe some truth in this as the release amount?
Freeman to the blades on 15:58 - Jun 21 with 7202 viewsDejR_vu

Freeman to the blades on 14:42 - Jun 21 by connell10

Sorry if true 4 million is a joke!

We're skint and everyone knows it, so they're going to take the p1ss.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Freeman to the blades on 16:01 - Jun 21 with 7185 viewsconnell10

Freeman to the blades on 15:58 - Jun 21 by DejR_vu

Sorry mate thats not made me feel any better.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman to the blades on 16:12 - Jun 21 with 7115 viewsPunteR

So what's the point in trying to become a selling club if everyone is going to take the P ? We to establish some sort of reputation as bringing through top class players rather then being some sort of charity club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Freeman to the blades on 16:13 - Jun 21 with 7107 viewsDejR_vu

Freeman to the blades on 16:01 - Jun 21 by connell10

Sorry mate thats not made me feel any better.

Still haven't gotten over the Smithies deal last year, but it prepares you for what's to come.

If Freeman was playing for someone else I suspect they would get double what we'll end up with.

Freeman to the blades on 16:15 - Jun 21 with 7101 viewspaulparker

Those add ons really worked on the smithies deal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Freeman to the blades on 16:20 - Jun 21 with 7065 viewsDejR_vu

Freeman to the blades on 16:12 - Jun 21 by PunteR

So what's the point in trying to become a selling club if everyone is going to take the P ? We to establish some sort of reputation as bringing through top class players rather then being some sort of charity club.

Agreed, but it's only a rumour at the moment, so I guess we'll have to see where we end up with it.

Freeman to the blades on 16:28 - Jun 21 with 7026 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Freeman to the blades on 16:20 - Jun 21 by DejR_vu

Agreed, but it's only a rumour at the moment, so I guess we'll have to see where we end up with it.

This

Let us see what actually happens.
Freeman to the blades on 16:43 - Jun 21 with 6945 viewsqprd

Freeman to the blades on 15:24 - Jun 21 by simmo

Depends on if that's the only offer and if there's a clause that's activated for a PL team making the offer. £4m is a tragic fee considering what he means to us and what similar/lesser players in this league seem to go for, but he wants to move and we need to sell, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened - just disappointed!

I think closer to £7m is more realistic, but there doesn't seem to be a flurry of suitors at our door and with the obvious route of Pulis at Boro gone, maybe beggars can't be choosers...

Its too early in the window to sell at a bargain basement price.

If we get to the end of the window, and we're forced to sell b/c there are no other suitors, then fine, beggars can't be choosers. But as of now, time is on our side, and we can be selective.

If nothing else, it may prompt Blades to increase their offer to seal the deal.
Freeman to the blades on 16:53 - Jun 21 with 6887 viewsLazyFan

He will be sold to the Blades as no doubt he has a release clause for a Prem club. And they have bid that as his agent has leaked it to them this is the minimum required.

He is most likely gone, which explains how we are looking to buy cheap forwards from L1 and then we can offload Matt Smith and that will be our Business done. We shall once again try and cling on until the end.

This pattern will repeat for a while me thinks :(

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Freeman to the blades on 16:55 - Jun 21 with 6872 viewsQPR_John

Owners cannot put money in because of FFP
The club does not generate enough income from LR
The club have to sell at the first offer "because we're skint"

Future does not look very bright does it
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 16:57]
Freeman to the blades on 17:06 - Jun 21 with 6805 viewsjonno

Freeman to the blades on 15:41 - Jun 21 by tkqpr

It wouldn't surprise me that he inserted a release clause in his last contract he signed for us. £4m is a figure that keeps getting banded about so there maybe some truth in this as the release amount?

This seems quite likely.
Freeman to the blades on 17:06 - Jun 21 with 6802 viewsDejR_vu

Freeman to the blades on 16:55 - Jun 21 by QPR_John

Owners cannot put money in because of FFP
The club does not generate enough income from LR
The club have to sell at the first offer "because we're skint"

Future does not look very bright does it
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 16:57]

Without Premier League money/parachute payments, and with our infrastructure, we are a bottom quartile Championship/top half League 1 club. Depressing, given the opportunities we’ve had and blown.

Freeman to the blades on 17:14 - Jun 21 with 6764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman to the blades on 16:13 - Jun 21 by DejR_vu

Still haven't gotten over the Smithies deal last year, but it prepares you for what's to come.

If Freeman was playing for someone else I suspect they would get double what we'll end up with.

We made a decent profit on Smithies, and it just seems everyone else in the world rates him far less than we all do!
As far as selling, if only one club comes in, there's not a lot we can do. I'd brace for #4m, but I hope we might get an extra mill on top of that, which would be 10 times what we paid for him and really is about right if we're honest.
Plus, it will be undisclosed, so we'll all get upset about something we're not actually sure about.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024