Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman to the blades 14:32 - Jun 21 with 37557 viewsGloucs_R

For just £4m???

Surely we'd not let him go that cheaply

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Freeman to the blades on 14:48 - Jun 23 with 2355 viewsblacky2013

Freeman to the blades on 21:19 - Jun 22 by QPR_John

OK let's help out a Premier League club by accepting their offer we would not want them to take a risk.

Jeez how difficult is it to understand the concept of a release fee. If a club meets it and the player wants to go then we have to accept it.
Freeman to the blades on 15:04 - Jun 23 with 2297 viewsNed_Kennedys

Freeman to the blades on 14:48 - Jun 23 by blacky2013

Jeez how difficult is it to understand the concept of a release fee. If a club meets it and the player wants to go then we have to accept it.

So its been confirmed there is a minimum release fee then? There's a load of guesswork going on here.
Freeman to the blades on 15:26 - Jun 23 with 2255 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 13:49 - Jun 23 by Benny_the_Ball

You're forgetting the fundamental basics of any negotiation: guts.

QPR have more leverage than you think. Luke is an excellent player who is currently under contract. There are 3 clubs (Leeds, 'Boro and Sheffield United) interested in signing him this summer. These are excellent conditions for QPR to encourage a bidding war.

Besides, if QPR need to find £12-16 million this season by selling its best players then it needs to command a premium. £4 million simply won't cut it; QPR would end up without Luke and still failing FFP.

So I stand by my assessment. Unless Luke has a release clause in his contract, QPR should reject initial offers and counter with £8 million. That's not "holding out", it's simply good negotiation skills coupled with common sense.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 13:55]

Agree. Freeman is an excellent player, so was Smithies. That should be leverage in negotiations in itself. If we keep undervaluing these types of players ie our best ones how can we command decent prices for any of our players? Considering we want to now be a selling club we're at risk of dropping the stock of all our players aren't we?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Freeman to the blades on 16:38 - Jun 23 with 2155 viewsblacky2013

Freeman to the blades on 15:04 - Jun 23 by Ned_Kennedys

So its been confirmed there is a minimum release fee then? There's a load of guesswork going on here.

No I can't confirm he has a release clause. I have a friend who is a agent and previous conversations with him about contracts where he has said any player who has a chance of playing Premier league football would be insane not to have a release clause in their contract and any agent not insisting on a release clause would be bordering on incompetent.
Also why are you questioning me about knowing whether or not he has a release clause when you are ready to slag the club off for selling on the cheap when you don't know the facts either.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 16:44]
Freeman to the blades on 16:52 - Jun 23 with 2116 viewsQPR_John

Freeman to the blades on 14:48 - Jun 23 by blacky2013

My post to which you are referring has nothing to do with a release clause. It was your assertion that a Premier League club would be taking a risk at £4M. Of course if there is a release clause there is nothing the club can do. We can all understand the concept so don't be so patronising.
Freeman to the blades on 17:08 - Jun 23 with 2074 viewsNed_Kennedys

Freeman to the blades on 16:38 - Jun 23 by blacky2013

No I can't confirm he has a release clause. I have a friend who is a agent and previous conversations with him about contracts where he has said any player who has a chance of playing Premier league football would be insane not to have a release clause in their contract and any agent not insisting on a release clause would be bordering on incompetent.
Also why are you questioning me about knowing whether or not he has a release clause when you are ready to slag the club off for selling on the cheap when you don't know the facts either.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 16:44]

Oh you've got a friend who is a football agent? In which case whatever you say must be correct then.

Or perhaps you know just as much as anyone else on here. Wind your neck in.
Freeman to the blades on 18:43 - Jun 23 with 1957 viewsdaveB

Freeman is a good player but if you are not a QPR fan then this is a player who struggled to get into a good Bristol City side and hasn't finished above 16th since joining QPR, if we get 6 million for him we've done well imo

Any scout who watched him in the last 10 games of last season wouldn't be recommending him.
Freeman to the blades on 19:03 - Jun 23 with 1924 viewsterryb

QPR have more leverage than you think. Luke is an excellent player who is currently under contract. There are 3 clubs (Leeds, 'Boro and Sheffield United) interested in signing him this summer. These are excellent conditions for QPR to encourage a bidding war.

Besides, if QPR need to find £12-16 million this season by selling its best players then it needs to command a premium. £4 million simply won't cut it; QPR would end up without Luke and still failing FFP.

So I stand by my assessment. Unless Luke has a release clause in his contract, QPR should reject initial offers and counter with £8 million. That's not "holding out", it's simply good negotiation skills coupled with common sense.

" There are 3 clubs (Leeds, 'Boro and Sheffield United) interested in signing him this summer. These are excellent conditions for QPR to encourage a bidding war."

I maybe wrong, but I can't recall reading of any interest from Leeds or 'boro this summer. There certainly was last summer & perhaps in January, but that doesn't mean that they are still interested.

I also can't recall any club coming close to offering the £8 million that you are waiting for.

Hopefully there will be more than one club wanting Luke Freeman & hopefully we will receive £8 million minimum. It can't be taken fot granted though!
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman to the blades on 19:08 - Jun 23 with 1906 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Freeman to the blades on 19:03 - Jun 23 by terryb

" There are 3 clubs (Leeds, 'Boro and Sheffield United) interested in signing him this summer. These are excellent conditions for QPR to encourage a bidding war."

I maybe wrong, but I can't recall reading of any interest from Leeds or 'boro this summer. There certainly was last summer & perhaps in January, but that doesn't mean that they are still interested.

I also can't recall any club coming close to offering the £8 million that you are waiting for.

Hopefully there will be more than one club wanting Luke Freeman & hopefully we will receive £8 million minimum. It can't be taken fot granted though!

Well if there is a clause, and if it’s £4m, then they won’t need to go over that to trigger it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Freeman to the blades on 19:16 - Jun 23 with 1887 viewssmegma

84 posts( or this makes 85) over 4 pages based on a rumour. I cant wait for him to leave as this board will go into meltdown.
Freeman to the blades on 19:33 - Jun 23 with 1856 viewsstevec

Freeman to the blades on 18:43 - Jun 23 by daveB

Freeman is a good player but if you are not a QPR fan then this is a player who struggled to get into a good Bristol City side and hasn't finished above 16th since joining QPR, if we get 6 million for him we've done well imo

Any scout who watched him in the last 10 games of last season wouldn't be recommending him.

About right.

Excellent Championship player, would struggle in Premier.
Freeman to the blades on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 1856 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 19:16 - Jun 23 by smegma

84 posts( or this makes 85) over 4 pages based on a rumour. I cant wait for him to leave as this board will go into meltdown.

And..?

Freeman to the blades on 19:38 - Jun 23 with 1846 viewsDejR_vu

Freeman to the blades on 19:16 - Jun 23 by smegma

That’s sort of the point of a message board though, isn’t it? If we were limited to cold, hard facts there wouldn’t be much to talk about and Clive would have to give up one of his Bentleys.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Freeman to the blades on 19:58 - Jun 23 with 1784 viewsHunterhoop

Utter nonsense. “Guts” that metaphorical term for what?

I completely agree we want a bidding war. If there is, the price will start high and rise; great.

But if there isn’t, and we only get a bid or two around £4-6m, what are we to do? Say no, and fail FFP, potentially incurring a whopping fine (repeat offenders) or points deduction, both endangering the long term future of the club? Or accept the offer?

That’s what having little leverage means. We are in a corner. A bidding war is our hope, but we don’t control of there is one; the market does.

Guts are irrelevant.
Freeman to the blades on 21:13 - Jun 23 with 1635 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 19:58 - Jun 23 by Hunterhoop

Utter nonsense. “Guts” that metaphorical term for what?

I completely agree we want a bidding war. If there is, the price will start high and rise; great.

But if there isn’t, and we only get a bid or two around £4-6m, what are we to do? Say no, and fail FFP, potentially incurring a whopping fine (repeat offenders) or points deduction, both endangering the long term future of the club? Or accept the offer?

That’s what having little leverage means. We are in a corner. A bidding war is our hope, but we don’t control of there is one; the market does.

Guts are irrelevant.

Don't agree.
As a selling club we are the ones that put the graft in . Get our scouts out there , train the players, taking gambles on lower league players, getting youngsters into the 1st team. All that has an impact on our league position and finances.
If Sheffield utd don't want to spend £8-10 mill on our best player. .. sorry but fk them and fk FFP. There's always other ways round things.
This discussion has everything to to do with guts and resolve and a bit of pride. Its the role of a football fan isn't it?. and the role of a football message boards? Yeh i get it, we all want to be sensible and level headed, but we're are not all chartered accountants.!
In a corner?.. cmon. We still have the richest owners in this league don't we?

Freeman to the blades on 21:20 - Jun 23 with 1605 viewsblacky2013

Freeman to the blades on 17:08 - Jun 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Oh you've got a friend who is a football agent? In which case whatever you say must be correct then.

Or perhaps you know just as much as anyone else on here. Wind your neck in.

Read the post dick. I said agent. But the skills are transferable and I think he knows more than most of you on here about negotiating contracts and clauses. Wind your neck in and read the post properly.
Freeman to the blades on 21:50 - Jun 23 with 1507 viewsGroveR

There's more winding going on in this post than a Jamaican dancehall night. Irie.
Freeman to the blades on 21:52 - Jun 23 with 1494 viewsdaveB

Freeman to the blades on 21:13 - Jun 23 by PunteR

Don't agree.
As a selling club we are the ones that put the graft in . Get our scouts out there , train the players, taking gambles on lower league players, getting youngsters into the 1st team. All that has an impact on our league position and finances.
If Sheffield utd don't want to spend £8-10 mill on our best player. .. sorry but fk them and fk FFP. There's always other ways round things.
This discussion has everything to to do with guts and resolve and a bit of pride. Its the role of a football fan isn't it?. and the role of a football message boards? Yeh i get it, we all want to be sensible and level headed, but we're are not all chartered accountants.!
In a corner?.. cmon. We still have the richest owners in this league don't we?

doesn't matter how rich our owners are, as Hunter said if we say no to 5-6 million we risk failing FFP and facing a points deduction next season
Freeman to the blades on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 1472 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 21:52 - Jun 23 by daveB

doesn't matter how rich our owners are, as Hunter said if we say no to 5-6 million we risk failing FFP and facing a points deduction next season

Then the owners have to find another way of raising £5 or 6 mill. Can't be that hard for shrewd businessmen like ours can it?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 21:59]

Freeman to the blades on 22:01 - Jun 23 with 1460 viewsQPR_John

Freeman to the blades on 21:52 - Jun 23 by daveB

Point is why prolong the agony. We cannot sell a player every year for £4M but maybe selling a player for £10M every two to three years is possible. What happens the year we have not got a player worth £4M do we fail FFP
Freeman to the blades on 22:02 - Jun 23 with 1457 viewsQPR_John

Freeman to the blades on 18:43 - Jun 23 by daveB

"Any scout who watched him in the last 10 games of last season wouldn't be recommending him."

Good
Freeman to the blades on 22:03 - Jun 23 with 1455 viewsCiderwithRsie

Freeman to the blades on 21:58 - Jun 23 by PunteR

Then the owners have to find another way of raising £5 or 6 mill. Can't be that hard for shrewd businessmen like ours can it?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 21:59]

Yes it can.
Freeman to the blades on 22:11 - Jun 23 with 1427 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 22:03 - Jun 23 by CiderwithRsie

Yes it can.

Well they could start with not having to pay 2 managers at the start of every season.

Freeman to the blades on 22:13 - Jun 23 with 1416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Freeman to the blades on 22:11 - Jun 23 by PunteR

Well they could start with not having to pay 2 managers at the start of every season.

Post of the year
Freeman to the blades on 22:18 - Jun 23 with 1382 viewsNortholt_Rs

Freeman to the blades on 13:33 - Jun 23 by Benny_the_Ball

This is exactly the kind of mindset that makes QPR such poor negotiators and an easy touch. It's the same for all clubs but others (e.g. Brentford) manage to secure great deals whilst QPR virtually give players away.

You're seriously deluded if you believe that Freeman signed a contract extension to help the club out. No agent would allow that; he did what was best for him at the time.

As for Luke deserving a move, we're a business not a charity. I don't see players who perform badly ripping up their contracts because the club deserve it so why should it work the other way? The Football League certainly didn't take players' feelings and aspirations into account when they calculated FFP.

Football League: You've breached FFP rules by exceeding the maximum losses permissable over 3 years. What do you have to say for yourself?

QPR: Well, technically that's true but there are extenuating circumstances. We let our best players go cheaply because, bless 'em, they performed well and deserved a big money move. Had we sold at market rate, sure we would have complied with FFP rules but that would've hurt the players' feelings.

Football League: That was awfully decent of you. In that case, appeal upheld and fine overturned.

Top post.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024