Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman to the blades 14:32 - Jun 21 with 37569 viewsGloucs_R

For just £4m???

Surely we'd not let him go that cheaply

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Freeman to the blades on 12:13 - Jun 25 with 3246 viewsWoodlaneR

Although 3-or 4 mil may not be what most Rangers fans value him at we have to leave it to the people in power to make the call and trust that it is in the best interests of the club.
This isn't the same strategy we had in the prem seasons so to keep throwing that at the club everytime there is potential transfer of one of our better players is unfair. They cocked up, they know it.... they won't do it again. Let's draw a line under it and move on.
We need money, everyone knows it so I'm pretty confident the club wouldn't just sell someone without putting much thought into it given our current situation.
The fact that they have allegedly rejected a bid already should back that up.
They have all the facts and figures and I'm sure will make the best decision for the long term stability of the club.
I know people talk about the Smithies deal.... I was one of them but it was only after he left that I found out he actually wanted to go.
Anyway.... ultimately I'm sure both ourselves and the club want as much for him as we can get.
Freeman to the blades on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 3228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Why is this thread accepting 3-4m as the likely range when we know from Dave Mac that the club have already tuned down 4m?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman to the blades on 12:21 - Jun 25 with 3176 viewsMatch82

Freeman to the blades on 12:14 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Why is this thread accepting 3-4m as the likely range when we know from Dave Mac that the club have already tuned down 4m?

You're right. Time to up the ante. Any truly progressive website would be looking at the meltdown here and wondering just how many clicks they could get if a "source" told them it was actually only 2m plus add ons
Freeman to the blades on 12:59 - Jun 25 with 2995 viewsR_from_afar

...because the default setting for many of our fans these days is that the club is incompetent.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Freeman to the blades on 13:06 - Jun 25 with 2957 viewsNorthernr

Because people are fcking stupid Brian.
Freeman to the blades on 13:09 - Jun 25 with 2943 viewsconnell10

Freeman to the blades on 12:59 - Jun 25 by R_from_afar

...because the default setting for many of our fans these days is that the club is incompetent.

To be fair mate their past track record leaves a lot to be desired!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman to the blades on 13:21 - Jun 25 with 2862 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 13:09 - Jun 25 by connell10

To be fair mate their past track record leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Which means there's plenty to have a go at them about, without taking a news story from an organisation we know make sht up and beating the club over the head with it.

Particularly in this case when somebody who is actually connected, and does have proper sources and does proper journalism has already said it's bolox.
Freeman to the blades on 13:25 - Jun 25 with 2841 viewsconnell10

Freeman to the blades on 13:21 - Jun 25 by Northernr

Which means there's plenty to have a go at them about, without taking a news story from an organisation we know make sht up and beating the club over the head with it.

Particularly in this case when somebody who is actually connected, and does have proper sources and does proper journalism has already said it's bolox.

Agree mate but a lot of the fan opinion that Rangers couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery stems from massive mismanagement of our club in the past. I think it will take a while before some of our fans trust this lot again.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman to the blades on 13:32 - Jun 25 with 2813 viewsrobith

There's no point trying to turn back the tide Brian. Just let it envelop you
Freeman to the blades on 13:50 - Jun 25 with 2706 viewsPunteR

Yeh cynical sniping at other fans venting frustration at the direction the club are heading in is very constructive as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Freeman to the blades on 13:58 - Jun 25 with 2652 viewsrobith

Freeman to the blades on 13:50 - Jun 25 by PunteR

Yeh cynical sniping at other fans venting frustration at the direction the club are heading in is very constructive as well.

Is it more or less constructive than getting angry at debunked bollocks?

Asking for a friend
Freeman to the blades on 14:10 - Jun 25 with 2597 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 13:25 - Jun 25 by connell10

Agree mate but a lot of the fan opinion that Rangers couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery stems from massive mismanagement of our club in the past. I think it will take a while before some of our fans trust this lot again.

And rightly so, nor should we, they are idiots. But this specific case is a bit daft. We've been told A by somebody who knows what he's talking about who has the contacts and the track record, but we're choosing to believe B from somebody who has none of that.

And sadly, as the club persist with this "undisclosed fee" bolox, selling Freeman for "only £3m" will forever be something people drill them for.
Freeman to the blades on 14:11 - Jun 25 with 2587 viewsNorthernr

Freeman to the blades on 13:50 - Jun 25 by PunteR

There's a difference between venting frustration at the direction the club is heading in (too fcking right) and believing this specific Sky story in this specific instance, which is moronic.
Freeman to the blades on 15:36 - Jun 25 with 2413 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 14:11 - Jun 25 by Northernr

There's a difference between venting frustration at the direction the club is heading in (too fcking right) and believing this specific Sky story in this specific instance, which is moronic.

So we can only comment on Dave Mcs storeys?

Freeman to the blades on 15:39 - Jun 25 with 2397 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 13:58 - Jun 25 by robith

Is it more or less constructive than getting angry at debunked bollocks?

Asking for a friend

Its a messageboard. The title of the OP had £4 mill as the price. Its up for discussion. So what?.

Freeman to the blades on 16:35 - Jun 25 with 2228 viewsrobith

Freeman to the blades on 15:39 - Jun 25 by PunteR

Its a messageboard. The title of the OP had £4 mill as the price. Its up for discussion. So what?.

I don't want to get into a protracted argument on it, but since the topic was started a reputable source has said that the case set out in the OP isn't happening. So continuing to be riled by it seems a bit...odd? Like discussing whether gravity is real or not
Freeman to the blades on 16:57 - Jun 25 with 2144 viewsderbyhoop

Freeman to the blades on 15:36 - Jun 25 by PunteR

So we can only comment on Dave Mcs storeys?

Not at all. But you (we?) need to learn to distinguish between fake news (Sky Sports clickbait bolox) and real news, from a source with good contacts close to the club.

I'd be surprised if Freeman is still ours by the time the pre-season games start. But I'd be equally surprised if he gets sold for £4m. And astonished if we went for less.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Freeman to the blades on 17:28 - Jun 25 with 2047 viewsrsonist

Freeman to the blades on 16:35 - Jun 25 by robith

I don't want to get into a protracted argument on it, but since the topic was started a reputable source has said that the case set out in the OP isn't happening. So continuing to be riled by it seems a bit...odd? Like discussing whether gravity is real or not

Self-care is a radical act.
Freeman to the blades on 17:42 - Jun 25 with 1982 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Freeman to the blades on 17:28 - Jun 25 by rsonist

Self-care is a radical act.

Not when you do it on the bus. It'll get you arrested.
Freeman to the blades on 17:47 - Jun 25 with 1959 viewsPunteR

Freeman to the blades on 16:35 - Jun 25 by robith

Continuing to be riled by it.?
As far as i can tell since Maggsinho posted that they turned down the offer (good) i dont think anyone has been riled by it.? Cue the snide remarks about other posters.
And whilst you say you dont want to get into a protracted argument about it you've seem to have done your best to get into one..
This is an odd discussion. The club have done what the "outraged" posters wanted. Turn down the £4 mill bid..
All a bit weird on here these days. I think there's a presumed twitter/ LFW crossover.

Freeman to the blades on 17:56 - Jun 25 with 1915 viewsstainrods_elbow

Freeman to the blades on 12:59 - Jun 25 by R_from_afar

To be fair, some would say a lot of the club's actions in recent years have generated that default in the first place.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Freeman to the blades on 18:34 - Jun 25 with 1775 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Freeman to the blades on 15:39 - Jun 25 by PunteR

Hear hear. It's a perfectly reasonable discussion to have given the OP and differences in opinion as to how the club should approach negotiations in light of it's change of strategy and FFP constraints.

If some of you don't have an opinion then don't offer one instead of making snide comments about fellow fans.
Freeman to the blades on 18:49 - Jun 25 with 1698 viewsswitchingcode

Don’t get why a PL team with an excellent manager is trying to sign him even if it’s for 3 to 4 million.Would have thought this would have started an auction for the player from some of the big championship sides if he was that good.
Freeman to the blades on 19:25 - Jun 25 with 1571 viewsdaveB

Freeman to the blades on 18:49 - Jun 25 by switchingcode

Don’t get why a PL team with an excellent manager is trying to sign him even if it’s for 3 to 4 million.Would have thought this would have started an auction for the player from some of the big championship sides if he was that good.

the likes of Middlesbrough and Leeds should come in for him but no idea if they will or not
Freeman to the blades on 19:30 - Jun 25 with 1554 viewsRangersw12

Freeman to the blades on 18:49 - Jun 25 by switchingcode

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024