Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kits 10:09 - Jun 22 with 20693 viewsMedwayR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-20192020-kits-revealed/

Home shirt is tidy, although the sponsors logo looks a bit off. Away shirt is atrocious again.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 10:10]

Poll: Who’s better?

New kits on 18:36 - Jun 22 with 3465 viewsVancouverHoop

New kits on 12:35 - Jun 22 by timcocking

Thing is, though, people have wildly varying personalities. One person's tantrum is a life threatening issue for others. And this should be so bloody easy to get right. We all know what we want here.

For me, the number one thing when considering QPR has always been and will always be the kit. It's the very reason i supported the club as a child. I couldn't particularly give a rat's arse who the manager is or what division we're in, but i'll fight to the death over the kit. So it really is bloody infuriating to see the team with the nicest kit in the whole football league trotting out in a cheapass home shirt and the castoff coaching/training shirts from last year that really are fcuking diabolical. I mean, come on, that really is an abhorrent shade for a football jersey. There is a very good reason no football team in 150 years has ever played in that colour. Our lass'll be quick to tell you, i must have spent 15 or 20 hours of the last year bitching about that snot green coaching kit they are all wearing on our bench. Repulsive. After they inflicted pink on us last year! That would have been ok with white shorts, it grew on me, but we had school pe kit shorts. It's a living nightmare for somebody as stylish as yours truly.

I honestly find it astonishing that everybody isn't absolutely mortified with that away shirt. It's honestly a fcuking insult to me. If i was French, i'd be heading to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium or whatever the Hell it is and burning sheep carcasses outside the gates round about now.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 12:38]

Low marks for historical research too. The away shirt was also Chelsea's original kit colour: Eton Blue.
New kits on 20:43 - Jun 22 with 3334 viewssmegma

New kits on 12:51 - Jun 22 by Gloucs_R

Carlisle have the same away kit as us this season

No no , you're wrong. Clubshop manager claims he designed it. He also claims he designed the home shirt until I said ' it's basically the 70s admiral shirt' to which he claimed he designed the same retro version on sale in the shop !!!!! Erm, it's a retro version of a shirt last worn about 1974 !!!!!
New kits on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 3320 viewsconnell10

New kits on 20:43 - Jun 22 by smegma

No no , you're wrong. Clubshop manager claims he designed it. He also claims he designed the home shirt until I said ' it's basically the 70s admiral shirt' to which he claimed he designed the same retro version on sale in the shop !!!!! Erm, it's a retro version of a shirt last worn about 1974 !!!!!

Maybe he was have a laugh with you mate! Anyhow like the home kit but once again the away kit is shite real shite!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New kits on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 3319 viewsGloucs_R

New kits on 20:43 - Jun 22 by smegma

When was this, today?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

New kits on 20:59 - Jun 22 with 3307 viewssmegma

New kits on 20:50 - Jun 22 by Gloucs_R

When was this, today?

Yes. A year ago he claimed he designed the pink kit. Look in any errea catalogue and you will find literally every erred away kit .
New kits on 21:33 - Jun 22 with 3238 viewsGloucs_R

New kits on 20:59 - Jun 22 by smegma

Yes. A year ago he claimed he designed the pink kit. Look in any errea catalogue and you will find literally every erred away kit .

This season's away kit is straight from a catalogue but maybe tweaked a bit. Agree that it's the old admiral kit

New kits on 22:24 - Jun 22 with 3177 viewscharmr

Please tell me when a new kit has been introduced that either every one likes it or doesn’t. The club knows they can’t please everyone. The pink kit was the biggest selling away kit in years. Box ticked For the accounts department. Anyone considered that the club might have pushed for a pink kit

Also some of these shirt manufacturers are a nightmare to work with.

If you had seen what Briatore wanted our shirt to be you’d be grateful that some at the club are fighting the corner for the clubs tradition. The blue and white hooped shirt is the best football shirt out there. There’s only so many things that can be done with it though.

Warnock said he’d always have us in hoops at every opportunity. Others didn’t care and allowed the men upstairs / kit manager/ referee /players to decide what kit to wear . Away kits are worn as much as possible to help generate sales. Every away TV game and anyone remember playing Watford away once and we wore that blue binatone shirt.

The fuss That generated. I wrote to Mark Devlin and asked why who kindly replied with the above information. It’s all about sales. If the away kit is too close to previous years people don’t buy it. Hence no red and black hoops. I even asked if we could have shirts without a sponsor going with the argument that more people would buy it. I think he’s still chuckling to himself about that suggestion.

The away hooped shirt of light blue and black with the white stripe of two years ago was inmo a work of art. Some do and some don’t share that opinion.

Please read the top line again. And if anyone who either cares or knows there onions or expensive boutique attire the away kit is Tiffany blue.

Check out that catalogue
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 22:52]
New kits on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 3169 viewssmegma

New kits on 20:50 - Jun 22 by connell10

Maybe he was have a laugh with you mate! Anyhow like the home kit but once again the away kit is shite real shite!

Believe me he was serious, plus he has no sense of humour. Has also claimed he invented the 1982 badge when he won a design competition about 1981..... can anyone confirm.
Login to get fewer ads

New kits on 03:34 - Jun 23 with 3030 viewsHooparoo

Utter crap - both of them. What’s with the naff collar? Was going to upgrade my son’s kit but I won’t be buying that rubbish

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New kits on 05:21 - Jun 23 with 2996 viewsToast_R

New kits on 03:34 - Jun 23 by Hooparoo

Utter crap - both of them. What’s with the naff collar? Was going to upgrade my son’s kit but I won’t be buying that rubbish

Have you asked your son if he likes it?
New kits on 08:11 - Jun 23 with 2904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New kits on 11:25 - Jun 22 by rsonist

I don't like the home personally. Moving the hoops up is a huge red line for me. Shoulders should always be white and crest on a blue hoop.

It's pretty much like a mash up of all the naff kits between 1989-1993. Rugby shirt collar, hoops wrong like the CSF kit, gold piping like the yellow on the Brooks kit, ugly sponsor bunged anywhere over several hoops like Classic FM/Fly KLM. Thought Errea were better than this.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 11:27]

You’ve nailed it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New kits on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 2876 views100percent

I think the away kit should always be hoops too. For me there should be a variation on the hoop theme - whether it is red and black (preferred) or green and white, yellow and white or pink and black.... always with the hoops. We are QPR and should always play in hoops...
New kits on 08:51 - Jun 23 with 2866 viewsGloucs_R

New kits on 22:24 - Jun 22 by charmr

Please tell me when a new kit has been introduced that either every one likes it or doesn’t. The club knows they can’t please everyone. The pink kit was the biggest selling away kit in years. Box ticked For the accounts department. Anyone considered that the club might have pushed for a pink kit

Also some of these shirt manufacturers are a nightmare to work with.

If you had seen what Briatore wanted our shirt to be you’d be grateful that some at the club are fighting the corner for the clubs tradition. The blue and white hooped shirt is the best football shirt out there. There’s only so many things that can be done with it though.

Warnock said he’d always have us in hoops at every opportunity. Others didn’t care and allowed the men upstairs / kit manager/ referee /players to decide what kit to wear . Away kits are worn as much as possible to help generate sales. Every away TV game and anyone remember playing Watford away once and we wore that blue binatone shirt.

The fuss That generated. I wrote to Mark Devlin and asked why who kindly replied with the above information. It’s all about sales. If the away kit is too close to previous years people don’t buy it. Hence no red and black hoops. I even asked if we could have shirts without a sponsor going with the argument that more people would buy it. I think he’s still chuckling to himself about that suggestion.

The away hooped shirt of light blue and black with the white stripe of two years ago was inmo a work of art. Some do and some don’t share that opinion.

Please read the top line again. And if anyone who either cares or knows there onions or expensive boutique attire the away kit is Tiffany blue.

Check out that catalogue
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 22:52]

I just think we should play on hoops regardless of being home or away. Loads you can do with the away kit to change the combinations.

Put black hoops on the away kit and it looks like the old duck egg kit by Dryworld, maybe that was the problem.

New kits on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 2752 viewsTacticalR

The home kit is not too bad, although I don't think we've been able to match the Dryworld home kit a couple of years ago. As Watford_Ranger implied, the Panda logo is a bit overpowering.

The away kit is odd (as others have said doesn't really look like a football kit), but at least plain. It might grow on me. The days of following some kind of tradition in away kits seem long gone.

Air hostess clique

New kits on 11:00 - Jun 23 with 2751 viewsPikey

New kits on 11:25 - Jun 22 by rsonist

I don't like the home personally. Moving the hoops up is a huge red line for me. Shoulders should always be white and crest on a blue hoop.

It's pretty much like a mash up of all the naff kits between 1989-1993. Rugby shirt collar, hoops wrong like the CSF kit, gold piping like the yellow on the Brooks kit, ugly sponsor bunged anywhere over several hoops like Classic FM/Fly KLM. Thought Errea were better than this.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 11:27]

Shoulders were blue in the 30s 50s and dare I say 1967 so I think the new is more of the old
New kits on 13:09 - Jun 23 with 2655 viewstimcocking

Gonorrhoea coloured away shirts.
New kits on 13:16 - Jun 23 with 2659 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yay! Favourite time of the year where grown ups go absolutely mental about the exact placement of some hoops on a shirt! Woohoo!

Both look lovely to me. Love the away kit. Home kit looks great.

Job done. Well done the club and Errea - love the models they've used too - another small touch by the club that means a lot.

Bare bones.

New kits on 14:12 - Jun 23 with 2632 viewsisawqpratwcity

New kits on 13:16 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Yay! Favourite time of the year where grown ups go absolutely mental about the exact placement of some hoops on a shirt! Woohoo!

Both look lovely to me. Love the away kit. Home kit looks great.

Job done. Well done the club and Errea - love the models they've used too - another small touch by the club that means a lot.

Agree about the models.

The away kit is completely devoid of character: pastel-shaded awfulness. Was beige already taken?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New kits on 14:57 - Jun 23 with 2571 viewsCiderwithRsie

New kits on 08:51 - Jun 23 by Gloucs_R

I just think we should play on hoops regardless of being home or away. Loads you can do with the away kit to change the combinations.

Put black hoops on the away kit and it looks like the old duck egg kit by Dryworld, maybe that was the problem.

This. I'd have had contrasting hoops on the pink kit too.

I thought the duck egg kit was OK - prefer Dennis The Menace by miles but I get the need for a new colour scheme to drive sales.

It must be possible to find something other than black which contrasts with aqua or tiffany blue or whatever the bloody thing is. Deep purple? Rainbows? White snaky hoops?

Sorry, I've just lost it.
New kits on 15:37 - Jun 23 with 2537 viewsTacticalR

New kits on 14:57 - Jun 23 by CiderwithRsie

This. I'd have had contrasting hoops on the pink kit too.

I thought the duck egg kit was OK - prefer Dennis The Menace by miles but I get the need for a new colour scheme to drive sales.

It must be possible to find something other than black which contrasts with aqua or tiffany blue or whatever the bloody thing is. Deep purple? Rainbows? White snaky hoops?

Sorry, I've just lost it.

Sounds like a kit-related bad trip.

Air hostess clique

New kits on 17:19 - Jun 23 with 2464 viewsAntti_Heinola

New kits on 14:12 - Jun 23 by isawqpratwcity

Agree about the models.

The away kit is completely devoid of character: pastel-shaded awfulness. Was beige already taken?

Beige is brilliant. Not appreciated enough.

Bare bones.

New kits on 13:45 - Jun 24 with 2248 viewsheadhoops

New kits on 17:19 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Beige is brilliant. Not appreciated enough.

Beige is the new magnolia.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

New kits on 13:57 - Jun 24 with 2204 viewstimcocking

My favourite time of year, where grown men freely admit they have no style and don't care what they look like or whether we're even wearing a QPR shirt or not.

We are QPR, we're supposed to be more stylish than other teams and they've taken it away from us again. Now, we are merely plebs like Watford or somebody. Wouldn't be so painful, but we're a west London team, we're supposed to be setting the example here. It's our only good thing.

If people don't care about the kit, well, i'll beg to differ on that, to me it's the most important thing of all. But anybody actually trying to say they are happy we're wearing Eustace's Chernobyl green training kit or it looks nice...you're fcuking lying, that's just contemptible bullish!t, i don't believe you for a second. Anybody who genuinely believed that's nice, i actually pity you. I imagine you didn't do very well in nightclubs and stuff.

Also, if we had an away kit with hoops, we'd actually accumulate more points over the course of the season. If that isn't obvious...again, i don't know what is. Anybody who thinks a kit won't effect the score...again, not my fault if people are too unintelligent to understand the power a shirt can have. Pretty sure the All-Blacks understand it. So by not having hoops, we actually get less points, as well as look pony.

Lest we not forget, QPR is only a name and a shirt.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 14:14]
New kits on 14:24 - Jun 24 with 2137 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New kits on 15:37 - Jun 23 by TacticalR

Sounds like a kit-related bad trip.

Sounds like too much Cider-With-Rosie to me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New kits on 14:39 - Jun 24 with 2112 viewsDannyPaddox

New kits on 13:45 - Jun 24 by headhoops

Beige is the new magnolia.

Beigenolia
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024