Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! 13:44 - Jun 22 with 4982 viewsDannyPaddox

Going full click bait on this as it's got me truly gobsmacked.

QPR have never won on an English football ground outside of London on the opening day of the season since before WWII.

I repeat:

QPR have never won on an English football ground outside of London on the opening day of the season since before WWII.

73 years of Post-War League Football. How is this possible?

We slay the Nottingham Forest demon and almost immediately another statistical goblin emerges to take its place.

No offence to Cumbrian football fans but I feel like I've just discovered I actually support Barrow or Carlisle or someone so far down the pyramid we reside in some kind of inept and desolate football catacomb.

*Heavily edited after I found out we won at Reading in 1938
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 16:25]
Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 11:33 - Jun 24 with 1019 viewsDannyPaddox

3-0 by half-time! Fereday causing havoc as a right-wing back. Liam Brady in the West Ham team. And what a goal from Kevin Van Brock - I'm assuming he's Dutch with a goal like that.
Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 15:06 - Jun 24 with 926 viewsBoston

Liam Brady in a West Ham shirt....all wrong.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 18:02 - Jun 24 with 875 viewsDannyPaddox

Liam Brady. Another one we had as a youngster (8 years old to be precise) but let go. A Quick Par from 1964.

Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 17:58 - Aug 3 with 716 viewsCamberleyR

80 years 341 days. Statue outside LR for Warbs?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 12:26 - Aug 4 with 635 viewsfrancisbowles

Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 17:58 - Aug 3 by CamberleyR

80 years 341 days. Statue outside LR for Warbs?

Oh god, Camberley! Look what happened last time we mentioned statues!
Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 13:11 - Aug 4 with 589 viewsEsox_Lucius

Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it! on 14:06 - Jun 23 by stowmarketrange

There were West Ham fans being carted out by the old bill at 2.50pm.I lost count of how many were thrown out,but there was a picture of our fans used in an advert for more people to join the police force.I only know because I was in the picture.
I will try and find it while I’m sorting out my old programmes.
I also went to Liverpool because I thought that might be the title decider.Stupid or what?

I went to that game with my Bro in Law and we were positioned at the front next to the wire fence that separated the home & away fans. We were chatting to a young police woman about what a nice day it was etc. and very shortly after the convo, an archetypal football hooligan came barging through the QPR fans towards the front and attempted to climb over the wall. The police woman stopped him and told him to return back into the terraces. This triggered a tirade of foul mouth abuse towards the WPC along the ling the lines of "I'm fücking West Ham you stupid b1tch" She stood her ground and told him to get back into the terraces which he eventually did still effing and blinding at her.
Sometime during the game the same idiot appeared at the edge of the fencing and just starting abusing the QPR fans until the police ran into the crowd and started trying to drag him out. At a rough guess it took about 7-8 of them to manhandle him to the front whilst he was spitting and swearing at them. He took the rear end of a truncheon to the middle of his face at one point which only resulted in him spitting blood at the police and threatening them that they would regret doing that to him. He was eventually removed and taken to the little police cells they had at Upton Park.
At some point further into the game I heard the squeal of a dog in pain and idly wondered to my brother wtf that was.
At that time I belonged to a camera club in West Drayton and the Thursday following the game we had a guest camera journalist called Don McCullin give a talk. During the little interval he mentioned that he had been covering this game at the weekend and told us of a tale of a hooligan being dragged out of the ground to be ejected and as soon as he was released he grabbed a police Alsatian that had been barking non stop at him and bit it's nose off. He was then arrested and taken to the cells. All I remember about his appearance was the thousand yard stare; truly one of the scariest people I have ever seen at football.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024