Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Room 101 09:12 - Jun 23 with 9610 viewscolinallcars

Not a great fan of the TV programme of that name, but there are things that really irritate me and should be consigned to Room 101. My pet hate is people who blow their noses on serviettes in a restaurant and leave it on the table. I witness this all the time.
Room 101 on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 1635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

People beeping their car horns unnecessarily.

It bemuses me. I live in Cork. It's a small city, laid-back, relaxed and free of stress. Most journeys are less than ten minutes. If the driver in front of you takes five seconds to react to a green light, you're still getting through and your journey will be five seconds longer. I don't ever remember leaving the house thinking "if someone delays me by five seconds on this journey, it may have a major impact on my life"!

Up until recently, Cork drivers have been like rural drivers - chilled, polite, decent. But I think there might be signs that a few people are now having identity problems and are thinking they've moved to a major metropolis so they need to hammer the horn. It's Cork city, not fuggin' Manhattan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Room 101 on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 1632 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh, and Big Racist John Terry as well.

Naturally.

Room 101 on 10:10 - Jun 25 with 1620 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 10:05 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

People beeping their car horns unnecessarily.

It bemuses me. I live in Cork. It's a small city, laid-back, relaxed and free of stress. Most journeys are less than ten minutes. If the driver in front of you takes five seconds to react to a green light, you're still getting through and your journey will be five seconds longer. I don't ever remember leaving the house thinking "if someone delays me by five seconds on this journey, it may have a major impact on my life"!

Up until recently, Cork drivers have been like rural drivers - chilled, polite, decent. But I think there might be signs that a few people are now having identity problems and are thinking they've moved to a major metropolis so they need to hammer the horn. It's Cork city, not fuggin' Manhattan.

It's horrible, Brian - it really puts my back up. Another one for me - ambulance sirens, particularly when they first start up, make me want to kick something.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Room 101 on 10:12 - Jun 25 with 1611 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Room 101 on 10:10 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

It's horrible, Brian - it really puts my back up. Another one for me - ambulance sirens, particularly when they first start up, make me want to kick something.

And squad cars with their sirens and red light jumping.

I have yet to see a squad car stop at a red light. They always seem to be informed of an emergency as the lights turn red!

No, it's grand, lads. Work away there. We'll all wait!

Room 101 on 10:14 - Jun 25 with 1599 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 09:54 - Jun 25 by Northernr

I've seen rollers in the supermarket recently. Lots of them in London have signs on the door now saying no nightwear. WTF is wrong with people?

Morning Clive.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 10:19]

Room 101 on 10:18 - Jun 25 with 1580 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 09:50 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

Do people still go shopping in their pyjamas? I saw some daft young lady walking through a shopping centre with her rollers in at 11 in the morning. Pleeeeeeaaaase look at me.

Not something i do, but most Thai girls go out to the shop in their sleeping clothes, which will be a football shirt usually*. And their fellas' football shorts probably. I don't think it's ever occurred to them people would look at them twice for it, that'd be the polar opposite of their motivation. It's what everybody would do in their culture. They are just not at all vain and generally just quite lazy like that. They'd consider dressing up just to go to the shop as being ostentatious. There are plenty of things we do that the Thais would be amazed to find out about. Putting your feet up or stepping over somebodies leg or whatever.

I don't agree with 'em, by the way, they are lazy dressers. Just reporting it's the social norm for large parts of the world imo. So in a place like London in particular, i'd bet it's typically considered a cultural thing for us to dress appropriately (dress up) in the supermarket, whereas in most countries that's really nothing to look down on. Hair rollers in a mall? That's just a sh!t fashion statement i presume? Better than walking around with one trouser leg rolled up, now that really is a kant's trick.

* so if anybody ever sees a Thai lass wearing a QPR shirt (not that awful puke green away shirt), it'll be our lass. I try to send her out in it as much as i can manage, because of course we gotta represent.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 10:26]
Room 101 on 10:29 - Jun 25 with 1555 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 06:57 - Jun 24 by Konk

Litter does my fu cking head in. We left our local park at about 6pm on Saturday night - no litter. Returned at 8am on the Sunday, and I must have picked-up 20-25 plastic soft drinks bottles, about 30 Mr Freeze wrappers and a shed load of crisp packets. None further than about 20 feet from a half-empty bin. It's almost like there's a load of 15 year olds sitting around going, "I was gonna put this in the bin, but Mason just left his on the floor, and so did Jayden, and I don't want to look like a tw at, so I better just leave mine here as well".

Fly tippers and taggers fu ck me off massively, but I'm guessing they don't usually do their thing in their own areas. People who leave litter in parks that they themselves use are just weird - surely no-one looks at a park full of litter without thinking, "Oh, mate, look at all this horrible litter"?

Mason and Jayden lol, love it, that's good.

Must admit, i've being paying a local hoodlum to throw 20 packets and crisps and ten cans or bottles in your park every week just to annoy you as my urban art project...
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 10:30]
Room 101 on 10:36 - Jun 25 with 1540 viewsloftboy

My flight is currently delayed by 40 mins yet people are still stood by the gate pushing to get on an imaginary plane.so they can all go in room 101
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 10:36]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Room 101 on 10:39 - Jun 25 with 1530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Room 101 on 10:36 - Jun 25 by loftboy

My flight is currently delayed by 40 mins yet people are still stood by the gate pushing to get on an imaginary plane.so they can all go in room 101
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 10:36]

Love that, too.

Most people now have specific seats booked, so what the need for the big queue for half an hour is, I'll never know.

Room 101 on 10:42 - Jun 25 with 1520 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 10:39 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Love that, too.

Most people now have specific seats booked, so what the need for the big queue for half an hour is, I'll never know.

Add the rush to get off an aircraft that has barely landed and still has the doors shut. Apart from that, holidays are good.

Room 101 on 10:53 - Jun 25 with 1501 viewsaston_hoop

Fireworks and firecracker type things - had a whole bloody weekend of them going on all night. Whats the fcking point?

Charity people with clipboards outside my metro station every morning when I am trying to get to work. You're only making me and every other pissed off commuter less likely to donate.

Reggaeton.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Room 101 on 10:59 - Jun 25 with 1487 viewstimcocking

Room 101 on 10:42 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

Add the rush to get off an aircraft that has barely landed and still has the doors shut. Apart from that, holidays are good.

Ah, well, you see, depending on where you land (for example, Phuket), darting to the front of the exit queue can literally save you 45 minutes or more in the immigration line, so i always hustle like fcuk when the plane lands. Boom, when that light goes on to stand, i'm to be found sprinting down the aisle, as somebody who does it very often. They might well just have a couple of tired, grumpy, lazy immigration officials, so you can be first in line at a minute a pop or 50th in line at a minute a pop.

It's a war with the Chinese nowadays, sheer carnage when they're involved. They're like the fcuking Huns steaming through to reach the front. If the Huns carried never-ending packed lunches and saved all of the seats for there friends, that is. And if even one of the little bastards gets in front of you, they'll invite tow or three hundred of their friends and relatives also to go in front of you every sodding time. In very loud voices.

I make a specific point now of always moving a Chinese person's bag and sitting on their seat when i can. Doesn't matter if a grandmother who's lost her wheelchair is giving birth in front of them, if they aren't Chinese they'd still keep their bag on the empty seat.
Room 101 on 11:07 - Jun 25 with 1475 viewsWoodlaneR

Room 101 on 10:39 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Love that, too.

I would put this in as well. A big reason is because people try to take more and more into the cabin with them. If you get on towards the end, the cabin crew will quite often tell you that there is no space for anymore cabin bags and you have to check it in. This happens quite a lot on the airline I work for.
I get that people want to get away quickly after arrival but the standing up for ages waiting before departure and after arrival always makes me chuckle.
Room 101 on 11:19 - Jun 25 with 1451 viewsQPRSteve

Piers Morgan's mouth
Room 101 on 11:20 - Jun 25 with 1444 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 11:19 - Jun 25 by QPRSteve

Piers Morgan's mouth

Don't forget the rest.

Room 101 on 11:21 - Jun 25 with 1440 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 11:26 - Jun 25 with 1426 viewsloftboy

Room 101 on 10:42 - Jun 25 by Mick_S

Best bit we got taken down a ramp and put on a bus to travel the ten yards to the plane, everyone in front of me got on the plane after, oh did I chuckle.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Room 101 on 12:50 - Jun 25 with 1336 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Large Umbrellas.

There is no need for them on a London street and people look surprised when I shout at them for putting a sharp piece of metal in my neck. ('kin shortarses)

Or as we were discussing in the IT office here, have umbrella permits like LGV licenses.
The bigger the umbrella the more you have to train in a controlled environment.

Lily Allen

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Room 101 on 13:08 - Jun 25 with 1319 viewsR_from_afar

Room 101 on 18:03 - Jun 23 by loftboy

All religions.

That's very draconian. Billions of people manage to be religious without resorting to extremism or starting wars in the name of their faith.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Room 101 on 13:23 - Jun 25 with 1305 viewsPhildo

I have been walking a lot lately in an effort to contain middle age spread (25 lbs down so far since you ask) and I have been really shocked at how cyclists treat pedestrians. It is usually Lycra clad middle aged men rather than other cyclists but the behaviour is regularly very poor. Stopping on crossings blocking pedestrians path, cycling over to the pavement and then across the crossing in green man time without regard to the - often elderly -pedestrians.

I know motorists often are dicks to cyclists but is there some rule that you had to sh:t on the realm of existence you consider to be one rung below you? I am in favour of more cycling for a host of reasons but the cycling community really need to address and self police this behaviour.
Room 101 on 13:25 - Jun 25 with 1300 viewsNorthernr

Room 101 on 13:23 - Jun 25 by Phildo

I have been walking a lot lately in an effort to contain middle age spread (25 lbs down so far since you ask) and I have been really shocked at how cyclists treat pedestrians. It is usually Lycra clad middle aged men rather than other cyclists but the behaviour is regularly very poor. Stopping on crossings blocking pedestrians path, cycling over to the pavement and then across the crossing in green man time without regard to the - often elderly -pedestrians.

I know motorists often are dicks to cyclists but is there some rule that you had to sh:t on the realm of existence you consider to be one rung below you? I am in favour of more cycling for a host of reasons but the cycling community really need to address and self police this behaviour.

Ooooh you've started one there, think this went to a whole thread of about half a dozen pages before.
Room 101 on 13:26 - Jun 25 with 1299 viewsTonto

Room 101 on 09:45 - Jun 25 by timcocking

Le Corbusier?

Ummm, well i take your point, but if we didn't build up, we'd be completely screwed. Pretty sure somebody else would have thought of it. Are you Canadian? Don't forget, you guys have a helluva lot of space to play around with, Toronto is probably bigger than Western Europe.

Also, if you must live in a cheap council flat sort of thing, a nice view is your best bet imo.

So i'd find this very difficult to bin. It'd mean most people outside huge countries would be homeless or get enough food to eat. All the trees would be gone. You've destroyed the world here Tonto...
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 9:55]

no I am not Canadian. not sure where you got that from.

I would counter by saying that tower blocks are usually surrounded by large swathes of land (which just get used for parking or dumping sh!t). A lower rise collation of buildings could use the same amount of land with the same number of units, without creating the social issues tower blocks have.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Room 101 on 14:05 - Jun 25 with 1265 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

“I have a confession to make, my friends.
I am a little leery of seafood. I want to love it, but I’m mostly ambivalent about it.
Unless, that is, my seafood is deep fried. And even then, I’m mostly only interested in white fish.

I’m not very adventurous, am I?
I think it’s way past time I branched out and tried new seafood recipes and this lemon baked cod was a total hit with my entire family.

My son is like me — generally only accepting of fried fish — but he totally loved this!
I think it’s because I talked up the buttery garlic topping on this baked cod recipe.
Who can resist the words butter and garlic?”

Food Recipe websites for me. The amount of shite they write to fill up their web pages to force you into scrolling through their adverts is unbelievable! Today for instance I was searching for a nice cod fillet recipe to help use up a bit of fish that’s been lurking at the bottom of my freezer for ages. ‘Lemon Baked Cod’ catches my eye. So I click on the link to look at the cooking method and ingredients list and what do I get? The utter w@nk at the top of this page that’s what!

Does my nut in!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Room 101 on 14:12 - Jun 25 with 1243 viewsMick_S

Room 101 on 14:05 - Jun 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

“I have a confession to make, my friends.
I am a little leery of seafood. I want to love it, but I’m mostly ambivalent about it.
Unless, that is, my seafood is deep fried. And even then, I’m mostly only interested in white fish.

I’m not very adventurous, am I?
I think it’s way past time I branched out and tried new seafood recipes and this lemon baked cod was a total hit with my entire family.

My son is like me — generally only accepting of fried fish — but he totally loved this!
I think it’s because I talked up the buttery garlic topping on this baked cod recipe.
Who can resist the words butter and garlic?”

Food Recipe websites for me. The amount of shite they write to fill up their web pages to force you into scrolling through their adverts is unbelievable! Today for instance I was searching for a nice cod fillet recipe to help use up a bit of fish that’s been lurking at the bottom of my freezer for ages. ‘Lemon Baked Cod’ catches my eye. So I click on the link to look at the cooking method and ingredients list and what do I get? The utter w@nk at the top of this page that’s what!

Does my nut in!

Fresh lemon, olive oil and a bit of chilli - in the oven. Twelve words and no life story.

Room 101 on 14:32 - Jun 25 with 1207 viewsrunningman75

Would add in people texting whilst walking down the road. Nearly run into a few of those on morning jogs.

Vegans- I am all for a healthy lifestyle and have cut down my meat consumption but hate being preached what I should or shout not eat..

Football matches on a Friday night- as it ruins my whole weekend when the r's lose rather than Saturday evenings onwards from a 3 p.m kickoff. Maybe the r's should play at La Liga time on a Sunday night to avoid weekend disappointment though .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024