Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mass going too 18:54 - Jun 24 with 17746 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-ready-to-sell-luongo-as-sheffield-united

Blimey, proper fire sale. 😁
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 19:37]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mass going too on 08:26 - Jun 25 with 3332 viewsBAWHoops

Will be gutted to see Mass go, but this was point the of signing him. Buy him young and then sell him on a few years later.
Whenever Mass plays well we play well and I think our fans vastly underrate him. He inevitably sets the tempo for us by breaking up play and finding our creative players.
Truth is we are selling him a year to late. He should've been the big departure last summer with 2 years left on his contract but as Dave Mc has alluded to on Twitter we live in a QPR populist world where selling players is bad.

The pattern should be
Sign Player
Season 1 bed in
Season 2 first team
Season 3 vital cog then sold

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Mass going too on 08:36 - Jun 25 with 3291 viewsrsonist

Mass going too on 04:05 - Jun 25 by stainrods_elbow

All I can say is you're probably nuts if you think that version of three in, three out will have us going places. Take out Freeman, Luongo and our sole remaining reliable goalscorer will have us grasping at straws and young player potential. If Warburton and our director of football think that a couple of Prem loans (thinking of how our last ones worked out) will plug the holes, I'd be even more worried.

Oh no, the letter-writing laughing-stock thinks I'm nuts. Didn't say it was going to be easy or like-for-like but the situation the club are in is simple and plain for all to see and they have a duty to act and, y'know, actually try and make sales and develop kids the way we've been screaming at them to do forever. (Seriously - six months solid bitching about loaning out Manning and Chair and now we're crying when it's finally time to step them up?) I think it would be preferable that the fans were clued-up and onside with that instead of suddenly hysterically canonising every stale mediocrity on the way out.
Mass going too on 08:49 - Jun 25 with 3231 viewsHooparoo

Mass going too on 08:26 - Jun 25 by BAWHoops

Will be gutted to see Mass go, but this was point the of signing him. Buy him young and then sell him on a few years later.
Whenever Mass plays well we play well and I think our fans vastly underrate him. He inevitably sets the tempo for us by breaking up play and finding our creative players.
Truth is we are selling him a year to late. He should've been the big departure last summer with 2 years left on his contract but as Dave Mc has alluded to on Twitter we live in a QPR populist world where selling players is bad.

The pattern should be
Sign Player
Season 1 bed in
Season 2 first team
Season 3 vital cog then sold

Agree mate

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Mass going too on 09:21 - Jun 25 with 3132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It would be difficult to replace Luongo. He may not score enough golas but his work rate, positioning, tackling and short passing have been very important for us.

Still, I trust Penrice and Ferdinand on this and it sounds like prudent financial planning again. While it would probably take some time for any replacement to settle in, I think it's likely that we'll be able to cash in on Luongo and eventually replace him for a lesser fee and lesser wages.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mass going too on 09:31 - Jun 25 with 3107 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc has summed it up perfectly on his Twitter feed last night.

The more you sell, the higher the prices will go, the more you can bring in. But we get stuck at the selling part, because every time we try and do it the fans go apeshit at Fernandes and co on social media. People even lost their sht over us letting Kpekawa go.

If Dave is right it is absolutely mental that we had an offer from Stoke for Bidwell last summer, when they were swimming in money, and kept him only to release him for free this year.
Mass going too on 09:36 - Jun 25 with 3077 viewsfrancisbowles

Mass going too on 09:31 - Jun 25 by Northernr

The more you sell, the higher the prices will go, the more you can bring in. But we get stuck at the selling part, because every time we try and do it the fans go apeshit at Fernandes and co on social media. People even lost their sht over us letting Kpekawa go.

If Dave is right it is absolutely mental that we had an offer from Stoke for Bidwell last summer, when they were swimming in money, and kept him only to release him for free this year.

Agree but would we have found a replacement left back?
Mass going too on 09:40 - Jun 25 with 3068 viewsdaveB

Mass going too on 09:36 - Jun 25 by francisbowles

we found one this summer so yes sure we would have
Mass going too on 09:40 - Jun 25 with 3066 viewsJAPRANGERS

Sorry guys, I feel I have been out of the loop lately.
Has Freeman actually signed Sheff Utd or it just in the works?
Sorry for the question.
Login to get fewer ads

Mass going too on 09:45 - Jun 25 with 3054 viewsNorthernr

Not an insurmountable problem as we've shown this summer.
Or could have stuck Manning there.
Mass going too on 09:47 - Jun 25 with 3037 viewsMaggsinho

Mass going too on 09:40 - Jun 25 by JAPRANGERS

Sorry guys, I feel I have been out of the loop lately.
Has Freeman actually signed Sheff Utd or it just in the works?
Sorry for the question.

Not yet. We've rejected a £4m bid/accepted a £3m bid depending on which corner of the internet you believe.
Mass going too on 09:48 - Jun 25 with 3034 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

It’s about time people at QPR started being held accountable for the long term shaping of the squad. Right now their hands are tied by the monumental pressure applied by spoiled fans every time there’s even a hint of interest in any of our players.

Freeman HAS to go this summer. He’s in his prime in terms of the fee and salary he’d command. And he was clearly told when he signed that dodgy 1 year extension that he’d be sold this summer. He’s earned his move, he’s earned the pay rise, we can’t afford it, move him on. Luongo is a similar situation. It’s not even as if we’re on the verge of achieving something where we just need one crack of the whip with these lads. This squad has been pretty painful to watch for 24 months. These two just happen to be the pick of the bunch.

QPR should have the utmost confidence that they can replace these types of players with the academy investment they’ve been making over the last 5 years and / or by signing replacements with 20% of the profit from the transfers. That’s what the plan is and that’s what we should stick to.

Now if the people at the club are incapable of doing that then that’s fine. Let’s find out and move them on too, until we find someone that is capable. As having someone able to do the above is paramount for the sustainable plan to succeed.

Right now we’re stuck in limbo again where everyone at the club (Chairmen, CEOs, DOFs) are tiptoeing around all the major moves for fear of the backlash. If we don’t let them make mistakes, we’ll never enable their successful moves either.
Mass going too on 10:14 - Jun 25 with 2949 viewsrsonist

"Fee not much - but now gone on a free" is what he said... if we couldn't find a better replacement for that not much and bedding one in was instability we wouldn't risk I don't hugely blame them. "Stick Manning there" with a January transfer ban down the line? Come on now.
Mass going too on 10:27 - Jun 25 with 2893 viewsrsonist

Mass going too on 09:48 - Jun 25 by Padulas_Shampoo

It’s about time people at QPR started being held accountable for the long term shaping of the squad. Right now their hands are tied by the monumental pressure applied by spoiled fans every time there’s even a hint of interest in any of our players.

Freeman HAS to go this summer. He’s in his prime in terms of the fee and salary he’d command. And he was clearly told when he signed that dodgy 1 year extension that he’d be sold this summer. He’s earned his move, he’s earned the pay rise, we can’t afford it, move him on. Luongo is a similar situation. It’s not even as if we’re on the verge of achieving something where we just need one crack of the whip with these lads. This squad has been pretty painful to watch for 24 months. These two just happen to be the pick of the bunch.

QPR should have the utmost confidence that they can replace these types of players with the academy investment they’ve been making over the last 5 years and / or by signing replacements with 20% of the profit from the transfers. That’s what the plan is and that’s what we should stick to.

Now if the people at the club are incapable of doing that then that’s fine. Let’s find out and move them on too, until we find someone that is capable. As having someone able to do the above is paramount for the sustainable plan to succeed.

Right now we’re stuck in limbo again where everyone at the club (Chairmen, CEOs, DOFs) are tiptoeing around all the major moves for fear of the backlash. If we don’t let them make mistakes, we’ll never enable their successful moves either.

Sorry but Bidwell aside is there really enough evidence to suggest that the club have consistently, over a period of several years, "had their hands tied" or refused bids for fear of fan backlash. Or is this rather just a new meme brewing.

They sold Smithies. They would have sold Luongo. They are selling now. The obstacle to squad turnover to date has been buying players that we don't develop, that no one hugely wants, sat on comfy contracts.
Mass going too on 11:28 - Jun 25 with 2755 viewsThGrimRanger

I like Mass and compared to 90% of the other signings we've made in the last 5 years he's been a successful one.

However if scowen continues as he finished the season then I think we can do without Mass. Conversely if the Rat hits another bad patch or gets injured then we're screwed as effective defensive midfielders are the key position for any struggling championship side (ie. us).

TheGrimRanger

Mass going too on 12:16 - Jun 25 with 2634 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Mass going too on 10:27 - Jun 25 by rsonist

Sorry but Bidwell aside is there really enough evidence to suggest that the club have consistently, over a period of several years, "had their hands tied" or refused bids for fear of fan backlash. Or is this rather just a new meme brewing.

They sold Smithies. They would have sold Luongo. They are selling now. The obstacle to squad turnover to date has been buying players that we don't develop, that no one hugely wants, sat on comfy contracts.

Yep, fair comment.

My point wasn’t really to defend the club, more to point out that anyone complaining about the likes of Mass and Freeman leaving this season clearly hasn’t been following the script. Undoubtedly, the club has been guilty of drastically veering from it too.

At this point I’d rather have a plan, follow it, fail and then have another bash than saying one thing, doing another and being stuck in purgatorial middle ground for eternity.

The club (presumably the DOF) should finally get ballsy this summer, sell some players at a profit and trust his judgment in replacing them with academy graduates or external players at a fraction of the cost. That’s his job. We need to find out whether he’s good at it.
Mass going too on 12:20 - Jun 25 with 2607 viewsFDC

I totally understand the logic and the necessity of selling the likes of Luongo and Freeman (if he goes). It is still quite alarming to see two of the first names on the team sheet leave though.

To tie in to Clive's post above, if we ever properly implemented the buy-cheap and sell-high strategy for a couple of seasons, the hysteria and anxiety around seeing players leave would probably subside. But obviously that takes a bit of back-bone in the short-term.
Mass going too on 13:01 - Jun 25 with 2478 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mass going too on 08:36 - Jun 25 by rsonist

Oh no, the letter-writing laughing-stock thinks I'm nuts. Didn't say it was going to be easy or like-for-like but the situation the club are in is simple and plain for all to see and they have a duty to act and, y'know, actually try and make sales and develop kids the way we've been screaming at them to do forever. (Seriously - six months solid bitching about loaning out Manning and Chair and now we're crying when it's finally time to step them up?) I think it would be preferable that the fans were clued-up and onside with that instead of suddenly hysterically canonising every stale mediocrity on the way out.

'Letter-writing laughing stock'? Jesus, you sad, scapegoating d*ck.

I'm certainly not averse to our developing our home-grown talent, but it has to be a balance in bedding it alongside established quality, or our relegation odds just got higher.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mass going too on 14:45 - Jun 25 with 2312 viewsJAPRANGERS

Mass going too on 09:47 - Jun 25 by Maggsinho

Not yet. We've rejected a £4m bid/accepted a £3m bid depending on which corner of the internet you believe.

Thanks!
Mass going too on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 2211 viewsjonno

Mass going too on 12:16 - Jun 25 by Padulas_Shampoo

Yep, fair comment.

My point wasn’t really to defend the club, more to point out that anyone complaining about the likes of Mass and Freeman leaving this season clearly hasn’t been following the script. Undoubtedly, the club has been guilty of drastically veering from it too.

At this point I’d rather have a plan, follow it, fail and then have another bash than saying one thing, doing another and being stuck in purgatorial middle ground for eternity.

The club (presumably the DOF) should finally get ballsy this summer, sell some players at a profit and trust his judgment in replacing them with academy graduates or external players at a fraction of the cost. That’s his job. We need to find out whether he’s good at it.

Makes absolute sense to me.
Mass going too on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 2211 viewsRangersw12

We shouldn't be worried about any of our players going let's not forget they have all contributed to us finishing bottom half for last 3 years

All of them are serial losers
Mass going too on 15:33 - Jun 25 with 2188 viewsPinnerPaul

Mass going too on 19:32 - Jun 24 by Lblock

Gives you, what, 8 great games a season?

Scowen further forward or Chair for 20 games and I don't think we'll miss him much.
Warbs seems to be lining up personnel in his area so he'll be off.

I cannot see us mugging someone for circa 3mill so another loss.....

Can we not offer him and Goss as a package? (Or buying club must take Goss as condiiton of the transfer)

Agree with you and Scowen keeps telling anyone who will listen that he wants to play further forward any way
Mass going too on 20:52 - Jun 25 with 1937 viewsLazyFan

It would have been blocked by Mclaren no doubt.
Probably claiming we needed to keep experienced players like Bids. As he probably had no idea who to sign as a LB as he's finished as a manager. And also with the view that we would extend him as he's so quality. It was then realised that he was just not worth the expense after all those years. Has he even been snapped up yet?

This and all the rest would have no doubt contributed to Steve getting the tin-tack as he did. And also Les and Hoos making sure the next Manager, knew who to bring and on the cheap and why.

The squad has been improved at the back finally. Still, need one more CB to be sure as Hall could be finished. And of course, that elusive mystical forward who will score some goals.

We know who they are, they are the ones Brentford and PNE sign every year!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Mass going too on 11:40 - Jun 26 with 1679 viewsstevec

Blimey I picked a great time to go on holiday.

I do hope this is true. 4 years trying to build a midfield around the most broken part of it.

As pointed out, he’s hopeless at one touch football and a significant reason why we’ve looked so slow and predictable, sounds like Warburton is on his case.
Mass going too on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 1502 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mass going too on 11:28 - Jun 25 by ThGrimRanger

I like Mass and compared to 90% of the other signings we've made in the last 5 years he's been a successful one.

However if scowen continues as he finished the season then I think we can do without Mass. Conversely if the Rat hits another bad patch or gets injured then we're screwed as effective defensive midfielders are the key position for any struggling championship side (ie. us).

Yes it'll be interesting to see what Warburton has planned for Scowen (and indeed Chair, Wheeler, Manning and Goss). Potentially Hall (if he can get/stay fit) and Manning can play defensive midfield, leaving the likes of Scowen to operate further forward. Having made a public case for playing further forward Scowen will be under pressure to deliver should he be given the opportunity there.
Mass going too on 15:07 - Jun 26 with 1403 viewskensalriser

Scowen would be a much more useful player if he could get his discipline under control.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024