Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel 07:45 - Jun 26 with 2246 viewsGloucs_R

I'm hopeful he won't sign another contract. We have Furlong and Kakay in that position, hopefully with a more solid team at the back with then. This has to be Furlongs season to make it.

Thoughts?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rangel on 08:05 - Jun 26 with 2196 viewsRblockPrior

He doesn't want to sign that is fine with me, not good enough or young enough for us to beg and define our season with the signing.

Would have been a good guy to have around the squad and I hope it still happens but I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Rangel on 08:23 - Jun 26 with 2150 viewsWatford_Ranger

Furlong has the potential to be a Premier League centre-half or a League One full-back.
Rangel on 09:22 - Jun 26 with 2005 viewsMaggsinho

He tweeted the other day that Stoke was a tough place to go on the first day of the season, rather suggested he'd be there.

I'd keep him for dressing room influence and cover at full back (usual caveats about wages etc, etc).
Rangel on 09:26 - Jun 26 with 1989 viewsNorthernr

I'm not overly fussed either way, thought people got a bit carried away with him last season. Good experience though with senior players leaving, and Furlong is a better centre back than full back atm for me.
Rangel on 10:21 - Jun 26 with 1851 viewsRangers67

I would keep him. He showed more passion ability and commitment in the few games he played for us especially Swansea than many of our players did in the whole of last season.
Rangel on 10:41 - Jun 26 with 1797 viewsmcqpr10

Am i the only person who thought Kakay looked ok at the start of the season in terms of being a back up to Furlong. West Brom apart of course!
Rangel on 10:46 - Jun 26 with 1770 viewsdannyblue

Going forward he was nice on the ball and had a decent range of subtle passing.

As a defender I thought Rangel was suspect. Beaten for high big switch passes several times, of which two led to goals if IIRC. Also broke our offside trap a couple times.

Age and injuries count against him as well.

Unless playing for peanuts, I'd steer clear.
Rangel on 10:50 - Jun 26 with 1753 viewsPunteR

Rangel on 10:46 - Jun 26 by dannyblue

Going forward he was nice on the ball and had a decent range of subtle passing.

As a defender I thought Rangel was suspect. Beaten for high big switch passes several times, of which two led to goals if IIRC. Also broke our offside trap a couple times.

Age and injuries count against him as well.

Unless playing for peanuts, I'd steer clear.

This basically. Virtually disapeared last season so not that fussed if he goes although when he did play before xmas we looked a decent side.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Rangel on 10:53 - Jun 26 with 1740 viewsGloucs_R

Looks like he's signed again. Changed his Twitter profile pic to a Rangers shirt.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rangel on 11:26 - Jun 26 with 1632 viewsaston_hoop

Torn with this one, preference has to go to Furs Jr and Kakay at RB (although like everyone else in the world apart from the player himself, I think Furs JR is a much better CB). But with senior heads gone and maybe Luongo and Freeman to follow, the likes of Rangel and Lee Wallace as old heads on the training ground and in the dressing room could be more important than we think.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rangel on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 1608 viewsBklynRanger

Rangel on 10:53 - Jun 26 by Gloucs_R

Looks like he's signed again. Changed his Twitter profile pic to a Rangers shirt.

I'd be very happy with that. I thought he did a lot of very welcome organising at the back for us until he got injured ( a concern, granted), showed a lot of passion and focus too; and allows Furlong to compete for the CB position - no reason why he can't feature there regularly this season despite the presence of BFG, Hall and Barbet. His highlight of the season for me was this:

'Five minutes before half time, with Osayi-Samuel down injured, Swansea considered putting the ball out of play but decided against it after a prolonged period of faffing about. Infuriated, Angel Rangel stormed into the centre of the field and stopped play himself with a wild challenge. The Swansea man on the deck got a spraying, the Swansea player who’d elected not to kick the ball out got both barrels, referee Andy Madley was told exactly what the fcuk was what — there’s going to be some trouble here in a minute, because I’m going to start some. Raw passion, red fury, a winner wanting to win against a club he’d adored representing for more than a decade. An impromptu standing ovation from the startled Rangers fans, fist pumps to the crowd in return.'
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 11:35]
Rangel on 11:53 - Jun 26 with 1523 viewsFDC

If Mass and Freeman leave we're losing a fair bit of experience from the team, so won't hurt having Angle Rangle around the place, assuming he's on sensible wages.
Rangel on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 1293 viewstimcocking

I agree, unless they are looking at Darnell as a centre half, in which case it might make sense, depending on how much they do or don't rate Kaka. Obviously, depends on wages as well.

Time to make their mind up about Darnell and Osman then. Can't see we should be moving Darnell around unless we have to. Find his best position, keep him there. FFP as it is means it's bloody madness to have decent players on the bench. Use somebody like Ryan Manning to fill in if we need to.

It's funny yon know. I'm certain, or let's say very confident, that if Rangel looked like Ian Dowie, he'd have been nowhere near as popular. He really was an awful lot more charming than Ian, so i understand how it happened, but i wonder if most people realise they judge partially on things like that?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 14:38]
Rangel on 15:17 - Jun 26 with 1190 viewsoldmisery

I had a number of conversations with AR whilst he was recovering from injury towards the end of last season. He said he really wanted to stay and had already taken his UEFA badges. He also said (prior to Warburton's appointment) that any new manager would need some experienced players to replace those that would be leaving so, if he has re-signed, it will be because both he and the club are in alignment. Regarding Ossie Kakay, having seen him play in the u23's and first team over the past three years, I don't believe he is consistently good enough to become a regular at Championship level. Like many others (albeit not the player himself) I believe Darnell to be a better Centre Back than Full Back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024