Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos from Tottenham 15:15 - Jun 27 with 16028 viewsGloucs_R

On his way to us apparently for a 12-month loan deal. He's a defensive midfielder who was highly rated before getting badly injured and being out for 11 months.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 7527 viewsaston_hoop

Saw a discussion on the Stevenage messageboard a while back asking who the best loanee they ever had was - Freeman, Chair or Amos?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 7419 viewsRblockPrior

Extremely hard to determine if this is a good signing, hopefully after such a terrible injury he will come back stronger and with something to prove.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:07 - Jun 27 with 7270 viewsfrancisbowles

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 15:37 - Jun 27 by RblockPrior

Extremely hard to determine if this is a good signing, hopefully after such a terrible injury he will come back stronger and with something to prove.

Depends on what our contribution is and whether we have to play him when fit.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:16 - Jun 27 with 7232 viewsDorse

Mass definitely off then?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:16 - Jun 27 with 7228 viewsflitwickhoop

I would imagine using common sense regarding the injury that it would be wages (or a percentage of wages) only.

Spuds ST mate of mine says Pochettino rates him really highly and he would have featured a lot last season if it wasn't for the injury so from the sounds of it this will benefit both clubs
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:24 - Jun 27 with 7167 viewsBoston

Good name, shame he hasn’t got a big set of sideburns.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:26 - Jun 27 with 7154 viewsTonto

any incoming loanee from a Premiership team is simple:

Does this person improve our team and:

Does this person prevent one of our youngsters from getting first team time.

I think it was Clive who pointed out that if we get a "10" as a loanee, tat blocks Eze and Chair, so what is the point.

The DM position was mostly filled by Geoff Cameron last yea, with Grant Hall before that. Rat boy doesn't want toplay there, and Ill leave it to Smegma to answer on whether or not there s someone in the U23s who is being blocked.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:43 - Jun 27 with 7021 viewspaulparker

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:16 - Jun 27 by Dorse

Mass definitely off then?

Or replacing cousins

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:48 - Jun 27 with 6989 viewsDavieQPR

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:16 - Jun 27 by flitwickhoop

I would imagine using common sense regarding the injury that it would be wages (or a percentage of wages) only.

Spuds ST mate of mine says Pochettino rates him really highly and he would have featured a lot last season if it wasn't for the injury so from the sounds of it this will benefit both clubs

It would be a % of wages. They pay their kids quite a bit more than we do our first team.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:50 - Jun 27 with 6977 viewsSnipper

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 16:24 - Jun 27 by Boston

Good name, shame he hasn’t got a big set of sideburns.

Neigh Mr Wilkes, neigh.

Only our older posters will know what I’m on about.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 17:44 - Jun 27 with 6678 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 15:19 - Jun 27 by aston_hoop

Saw a discussion on the Stevenage messageboard a while back asking who the best loanee they ever had was - Freeman, Chair or Amos?

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/borochat/article/466349

Amos. If he recovers from his serious injury there's no reason why he can't go all the way.

Impact in the team, Chair. Better player, Amos.

Amos is the best player we’ve ever had on loan in terms of talent. Ilias has that spark though that he can produce a magical moment.

The thought of having Amos and Chair in midfield is one that I’d rather not have because it is X-rated and ultimately probably will never happen sadly.

If we’re in L2 next year and have these two then the other 23 teams may as well not bother turning up.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 17:45]
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 17:50 - Jun 27 with 6640 viewskingo

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 17:44 - Jun 27 by rsonist

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/borochat/article/466349

Amos. If he recovers from his serious injury there's no reason why he can't go all the way.

Impact in the team, Chair. Better player, Amos.

Amos is the best player we’ve ever had on loan in terms of talent. Ilias has that spark though that he can produce a magical moment.

The thought of having Amos and Chair in midfield is one that I’d rather not have because it is X-rated and ultimately probably will never happen sadly.

If we’re in L2 next year and have these two then the other 23 teams may as well not bother turning up.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 17:45]

Hopefully that dream ticket can do the business in the Championship

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 02:28 - Jun 28 with 5972 viewstimcocking

Stinker. I'd rather we didn't play other teams players players in our team. Why should i be expected to take pleasure watching a fcuking Spurs youngster gaining experience p!ssing around playing for QPR? It's a fcuking insult imo. Buy him? Great. Loan him, no, fcuk right off.

All of the small teams should shake hands and agree to say fcuk that, let your 900 young players rot. This little sh!t gonna take Josh Scowen's place? Disgusting, makes me sick to my stomach, i don't want him. Why isn't there a squad limit? American football teams have less players than Chelsea or Spurs.

If he does as well as Kyle Walker i'll be quick to change my mind, but that still doesn't mean deep inside i'm happy with it, it just means i'm shallow and hypocritical. Integrity and honour should be considered more important than league position imo. So far, i've been disappointed with every single thing that's happened since we've signed Warburton. I hate bankers. Sigh. Hope he proves me wrong and i've no right to be judging before we've even played a match, but if i'm watching Spurs players, to be honest i'm not sure i care any more. It gets harder and harder to understand why we bother with it all. And that fcuking away shirt. It's like they're doing everything to drive me away. I would not be a QPR fan today if i' d seen them play in that shirt as a child. I'm only still here because i know Clive would miss me :-)
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 2:35]
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:06 - Jun 28 with 5948 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 02:28 - Jun 28 by timcocking

Stinker. I'd rather we didn't play other teams players players in our team. Why should i be expected to take pleasure watching a fcuking Spurs youngster gaining experience p!ssing around playing for QPR? It's a fcuking insult imo. Buy him? Great. Loan him, no, fcuk right off.

All of the small teams should shake hands and agree to say fcuk that, let your 900 young players rot. This little sh!t gonna take Josh Scowen's place? Disgusting, makes me sick to my stomach, i don't want him. Why isn't there a squad limit? American football teams have less players than Chelsea or Spurs.

If he does as well as Kyle Walker i'll be quick to change my mind, but that still doesn't mean deep inside i'm happy with it, it just means i'm shallow and hypocritical. Integrity and honour should be considered more important than league position imo. So far, i've been disappointed with every single thing that's happened since we've signed Warburton. I hate bankers. Sigh. Hope he proves me wrong and i've no right to be judging before we've even played a match, but if i'm watching Spurs players, to be honest i'm not sure i care any more. It gets harder and harder to understand why we bother with it all. And that fcuking away shirt. It's like they're doing everything to drive me away. I would not be a QPR fan today if i' d seen them play in that shirt as a child. I'm only still here because i know Clive would miss me :-)
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 2:35]

Out of interest, where do you stand on us loaning out the likes of: Eze; Chair; Lumley; Oteh; Smyth; and Manning?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:22 - Jun 28 with 5937 viewstimcocking

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:06 - Jun 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Out of interest, where do you stand on us loaning out the likes of: Eze; Chair; Lumley; Oteh; Smyth; and Manning?

Well, obviously i'm a hypocrite, so i couldn't care less about us loaning players to somebody else. That's QPR exploiting another team, so no problem.

Isn't it obvious, though, it'd be better for every fan by a million miles if there was a squad cap and zero loans? Remember, football operated for over a hundred years without them. We do all of this stuff, thereby ruining football in the long term, just for a negligible short term benefit. Basically, it's just to help the big teams get bigger. Better to die with dignity. I think people don't appreciate results aren't everything. I love watching young QPR boys out there on the pitch fighting for us. I love that, win or lose. Watching Paul Smyth, Kakay, Darnell, Lumley and Scowen lose would give me greater pleasure than watching a team of Chelsea loanees winning but not really giving a sh!t. I know i'd be outvoted 100-1, but i'm confident it's the correct view to hold, but then i rarely view the world like regular people seem to. I don't even own a mobile phone. I think they've ruined football at the moment, or they have for me. None of our good players we sell on even get a bloody game, it's a tragedy really.

To me, the most important thing is that we play in hoops, but people actually laugh at that idea. I find that outlook genuinely puzzling. We're being literally mugged off and treated like their b!tch, but people bend over to take it. That's never been my way. Different strokes i guess.

A slight over reaction i suppose, but them i'm an emotional Celt. Might have been better just to say 'i'm not keen on loan signings' and leave it at that. And good luck to the lad. I certainly don't blame him any of this. Reading the quotes, sounds good as well. But he's a Spurs player. It's not a signing.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 3:47]
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 05:57 - Jun 28 with 5780 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:22 - Jun 28 by timcocking

Well, obviously i'm a hypocrite, so i couldn't care less about us loaning players to somebody else. That's QPR exploiting another team, so no problem.

Isn't it obvious, though, it'd be better for every fan by a million miles if there was a squad cap and zero loans? Remember, football operated for over a hundred years without them. We do all of this stuff, thereby ruining football in the long term, just for a negligible short term benefit. Basically, it's just to help the big teams get bigger. Better to die with dignity. I think people don't appreciate results aren't everything. I love watching young QPR boys out there on the pitch fighting for us. I love that, win or lose. Watching Paul Smyth, Kakay, Darnell, Lumley and Scowen lose would give me greater pleasure than watching a team of Chelsea loanees winning but not really giving a sh!t. I know i'd be outvoted 100-1, but i'm confident it's the correct view to hold, but then i rarely view the world like regular people seem to. I don't even own a mobile phone. I think they've ruined football at the moment, or they have for me. None of our good players we sell on even get a bloody game, it's a tragedy really.

To me, the most important thing is that we play in hoops, but people actually laugh at that idea. I find that outlook genuinely puzzling. We're being literally mugged off and treated like their b!tch, but people bend over to take it. That's never been my way. Different strokes i guess.

A slight over reaction i suppose, but them i'm an emotional Celt. Might have been better just to say 'i'm not keen on loan signings' and leave it at that. And good luck to the lad. I certainly don't blame him any of this. Reading the quotes, sounds good as well. But he's a Spurs player. It's not a signing.

So in summary: it’s important we loan-in the right sort, as it is that we loan-out our players to the right team. We should also ensure we buy-in the right players; sell-on the dead wood for exorbitant fees; and nurture from within our ranks, the best young talent to eventually fill first XI slots, negating the need to ever buy- and/or loan-in anyone, ever.

Preferably this should be done in broadband blue and white home shirts, and Dennis the Menace away or, Feyenoord style away shirts. All prepared and planned out from a state of the art training facility, and played out before a similar stadium in the W12 area before thousands of proper Rfosi.

Well that’s easy enough....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 07:12 - Jun 28 with 5684 viewsdistortR

I know where Tim is coming from, I only really like bringing in loanees if there's a fee agreed if we want to make the move permanent.
Interestingly, while I don't like watching other teams players, I like drinking other peoples beer and spending other peoples money.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 08:45 - Jun 28 with 5477 viewstimcocking

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 05:57 - Jun 28 by PlanetHonneywood

So in summary: it’s important we loan-in the right sort, as it is that we loan-out our players to the right team. We should also ensure we buy-in the right players; sell-on the dead wood for exorbitant fees; and nurture from within our ranks, the best young talent to eventually fill first XI slots, negating the need to ever buy- and/or loan-in anyone, ever.

Preferably this should be done in broadband blue and white home shirts, and Dennis the Menace away or, Feyenoord style away shirts. All prepared and planned out from a state of the art training facility, and played out before a similar stadium in the W12 area before thousands of proper Rfosi.

Well that’s easy enough....

Rfosi, i rather like that.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:01 - Jun 28 with 5425 viewshorshamHoop

And a 19 year old Citeee midfielder on loan as well called Matt Smitt according to this lot

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/tottenham-man-city-youngsters
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:13 - Jun 28 with 5376 viewsWestbourneR

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:22 - Jun 28 by timcocking

God you’re exhaustingly stupid. Have a day off.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:17 - Jun 28 with 5363 viewsmakaveli1882

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:01 - Jun 28 by horshamHoop

And a 19 year old Citeee midfielder on loan as well called Matt Smitt according to this lot

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/tottenham-man-city-youngsters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48044775

Manchester City's title hopes remain unclear, but for City midfielder, Wales international Matt Smith, a league winners' medal is safely secured.

Smith, who recently signed a new deal with Pep Guardiola's side, has helped FC Twente win the Dutch Eerste Divisie as he plots a breakthrough at Man City.

However, Smith is not ruling out a loan move next term as he looks to establish himself in Ryan Giggs' Wales team.

"I don't know what the future holds," he told BBC Sport Wales.

Smith was barely known outside of the Manchester City academy a year ago, but has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign.

He has played 31 games for Twente as they booked a return to the Eredivisie by winning the league, while also earning international honours.

Smith made his Wales bow in their 4-1 win over Ireland in September and played a key role in midfield as Giggs' side made a great start to their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win over Slovakia.

The 19-year old admits it has been a season where everything has changed.

"It has been really good, everything I wanted in a first loan move," he said.

"We didn't think we could win the title, but we stuck together and we've managed to do it.

"FC Twente is a club that deserves to be at the top level and we are really happy we have got the club back there.

"I knew coming over was a big gamble, especially as there was pressure to win the league.

"Fortunately for me it has gone really well."
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:53 - Jun 28 with 5245 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:13 - Jun 28 by WestbourneR

God you’re exhaustingly stupid. Have a day off.

Can't even block him properly because everyone insists on engaging with his drivel.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:54 - Jun 28 with 5236 viewsfrancisbowles

If Freeman and Luongo both leave then with Cameron, Wszolek and Cousins leaving we have lost five midfielders. We have Smyth, Chair and Wheeler returning from loans and Manning seemingly released from left back duties. So it seems that two incoming is surplus to the numbers required.

Perhaps we are thinking of loaning out Chair or Smyth again but at a higher level than last time. Maybe they are not considered ready by those that have seen them day in/day out to be ready for a regular start. They are both still relatively inexperienced and although Chair's loan was very successful, at top end of league two level, Smyth's overall was less of a success in league one.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:57 - Jun 28 with 5211 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:01 - Jun 28 by horshamHoop

It's going to be a frighteningly young midfield. Scowen's going to be the eldest statesman at 26 and well, if he's the mature one...

At the same time though, bags of talent (better than we could find/afford ourselves in the loans case). High risk high reward.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 5154 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 09:54 - Jun 28 by francisbowles

If Freeman and Luongo both leave then with Cameron, Wszolek and Cousins leaving we have lost five midfielders. We have Smyth, Chair and Wheeler returning from loans and Manning seemingly released from left back duties. So it seems that two incoming is surplus to the numbers required.

Perhaps we are thinking of loaning out Chair or Smyth again but at a higher level than last time. Maybe they are not considered ready by those that have seen them day in/day out to be ready for a regular start. They are both still relatively inexperienced and although Chair's loan was very successful, at top end of league two level, Smyth's overall was less of a success in league one.

Warburton hasn't ever and will never play 4-4-2 touchline wingers crossing in. So the lines between strikers and midfielders are already blurred.

Smyth is more of a inside-forward type in my view, and Wheeler (if he has any future with us) has played and was indeed bought with that brief intention. Bright would be another one I'd expect to see off the striker.

If it were twenty years ago Smyth would be a Michael Owen type case closed, but now no one plays with those. (Same way they don't play floating 10s or seven foot target men of course...)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024