Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 08:25 - Jul 2 with 16748 viewskingo

Sky saying Sheffield United to announce Freeman. Hope it’s a good price

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Freeman on 10:12 - Jul 2 with 3079 viewsdaveB

Freeman on 10:08 - Jul 2 by Mick_S

What did the club buy him for Dave? Seems very decent business to me, if that figure is true.

Edit - seen Antti's post - £300,000.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:12]

think it was 300 or 400k, probably been our best signing for years. Good Luck to him
Freeman on 10:15 - Jul 2 with 3060 viewsPeterHucker

Freeman on 09:44 - Jul 2 by Silverfoxqpr

Four? For this gourd? Four?! Look at it. It's worth ten if it's worth a shekel.

But you just gave me it for nothing!
Freeman on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 3009 viewstimeforheroes

Anyone know what is owed to Stevenage and Bristol City from the fee- read in their local presses that they can each expect a 10% cut 🧐
Freeman on 10:21 - Jul 2 with 3007 viewsrsonist

Freeman on 09:36 - Jul 2 by daveB

well it is their job to make the guess sound factual, seems to have worked

Sure but if you were making it up you'd probably choose a higher figure. Even when WLS reported £4m rejected they stuck to £3m.

Unless they do troll figures to whip up a scandal, but I think they've probably bigger fish to fry than us.

Anyway WLS now confirming it's happening but no new word on fee.
Freeman on 10:22 - Jul 2 with 3000 viewsconnell10

Freeman on 10:05 - Jul 2 by daveB

So clubs don't know how much we have to spend and drive prices up, if they know we sold someone for 10 million the price os his replacement would be more

Just watching SSN now and they just said fee was 5million plus add ons

Do you really think we will actually be in position to buy anyone???? I don't , I reckon all the money from Freeman and Mass sales will go toward FFP , so the undisclosed business becomes obsolete. Any way I thought the club was always transparent with the fans.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman on 10:25 - Jul 2 with 2979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman on 10:20 - Jul 2 by timeforheroes

Anyone know what is owed to Stevenage and Bristol City from the fee- read in their local presses that they can each expect a 10% cut 🧐

Would find it hard to believe we owe Bristol City much, if anything at all, as Freeman's contract was almost up and they had no bargaining power.

I'd find it harder still to believe that we owe Stevenage anything as we had no contractual dealings with them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman on 10:26 - Jul 2 with 2971 viewsPhildo

Sheffield fans all seem to be reporting the 5m figure.

The side we have had now for about 2-3 years is being broken up isn't it. Going to be an interesting one next season as we are going to look very different.
Freeman on 10:27 - Jul 2 with 2955 viewsloftboy

Freeman on 09:01 - Jul 2 by paulparker

When was the last time we got top money for one out players ?? Got to have been Les
Years of mismanagement and being in the crap have now allowed our players to be picked up for peanuts , 3 million plus add ons is Sh1t , a bit like those smithies add ons last year as well
3 million doesn’t get you half a Gary Madine FFS

Samba 12 million 😇😇😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 2920 viewsdaveB

Freeman on 10:22 - Jul 2 by connell10

Do you really think we will actually be in position to buy anyone???? I don't , I reckon all the money from Freeman and Mass sales will go toward FFP , so the undisclosed business becomes obsolete. Any way I thought the club was always transparent with the fans.

When they are transparent such as saying players will be sold the get slaughtered.
The club accounts for this year will show how much he went for so won't be secret forever

I do think we'll spend, we already have with 5 players in so far and more will come
Freeman on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 2917 viewsGloucs_R

A low fee leaked to the press helps us negotiate lower fees for the players we are after....

Just saying....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Freeman on 10:37 - Jul 2 with 2874 viewsrsonist

Freeman on 10:26 - Jul 2 by Phildo

Sheffield fans all seem to be reporting the 5m figure.

The side we have had now for about 2-3 years is being broken up isn't it. Going to be an interesting one next season as we are going to look very different.

£5m could still be £3m with add ons... :)

Oh well. It's a good move for him at a now or never stage of his career. Even if there had been a Championship bidding war the Prem side's always going to win in this scenario. Not sure why Norwich, Burnley, Villa weren't interested at that price.
Freeman on 10:44 - Jul 2 with 2822 viewstimeforheroes

Freeman on 10:25 - Jul 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Would find it hard to believe we owe Bristol City much, if anything at all, as Freeman's contract was almost up and they had no bargaining power.

I'd find it harder still to believe that we owe Stevenage anything as we had no contractual dealings with them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/exclusive-luke-freema

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/stevenage-transfer-news-boro-to-receive-cu

So Bristol City to receive 15% of the profits and Stevenage 10% of the fee according to these sources. I have no idea about the veracity of either but wondering if anyone's seen any different figures reported? Maybe the Stevenage cut comes out of the Bristol City one as it's odd they're getting stuff from use when we never dealt with them.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:49]
Freeman on 10:49 - Jul 2 with 2779 viewsDorse

Fair play to Freeman. He's been outstanding for us.

£5m(ish) will go some way towards offsetting the persistent piss-boiling gob bummery that is FFP. If we can get a decent fee for Smith the Elder, that would also be nice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Freeman on 10:52 - Jul 2 with 2753 viewsswisscottage

Freeman on 10:44 - Jul 2 by timeforheroes

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/exclusive-luke-freema

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/stevenage-transfer-news-boro-to-receive-cu

So Bristol City to receive 15% of the profits and Stevenage 10% of the fee according to these sources. I have no idea about the veracity of either but wondering if anyone's seen any different figures reported? Maybe the Stevenage cut comes out of the Bristol City one as it's odd they're getting stuff from use when we never dealt with them.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:49]

Stevenage will only get a percentage of the percentage that goes to Bristol City.

So if Bristol City have a 15% clause and stevenage a 10% with Bristol City

Then Bristol City will get 13.5% and Stevenage 1.5%
Freeman on 11:03 - Jul 2 with 2661 viewspaulparker

Freeman on 10:31 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

A low fee leaked to the press helps us negotiate lower fees for the players we are after....

Just saying....

Your giving our board way to much credit there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Freeman on 11:06 - Jul 2 with 2642 viewsNorthernr

Freeman on 11:03 - Jul 2 by paulparker

Your giving our board way to much credit there

But not the CEO.
Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 2632 viewsconnell10

Freeman on 10:31 - Jul 2 by daveB

When they are transparent such as saying players will be sold the get slaughtered.
The club accounts for this year will show how much he went for so won't be secret forever

I do think we'll spend, we already have with 5 players in so far and more will come

Well mate we have to agree to disagree on this one as I think we won't spend any money on new signing s from the Freeman and Mass deals, thanks to FFP and the general mismanagement of our club in the past.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman on 11:13 - Jul 2 with 2596 viewsaston_hoop

Well bugger it, good luck Luke. Excellent player from the minute he joined us, never hid in games and looked a class above. Deserves a go in the prem.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Freeman on 11:16 - Jul 2 with 2580 viewspaulparker

Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 2 by connell10

Well mate we have to agree to disagree on this one as I think we won't spend any money on new signing s from the Freeman and Mass deals, thanks to FFP and the general mismanagement of our club in the past.

They need to we have no strikers for one thing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Freeman on 11:18 - Jul 2 with 2563 viewsNorthernr

Freeman on 11:52 - Jul 2 with 2375 viewsrsonist

Freeman on 11:18 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Phew life was getting too real there for a second.
Freeman on 12:23 - Jul 2 with 2225 viewslave16

Freeman on 11:52 - Jul 2 by rsonist

Haing flashbacks from ABC loan - go in paying 2% come out paying 10%
go in asking for 8 tell them we'll take 5 and get 3 doh!

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Freeman on 12:40 - Jul 2 with 2131 viewsqprd

Freeman on 11:52 - Jul 2 by rsonist

Who do you think is leaking him this information? Its clearly someone from the club. That person can either be (a) telling the truth or (b) misleading the journo to control the negative PR

personally, i'm pretty confident qpr will have agreed a reasonable fee. otherwise, there would be no reason to sell him this early. we still have a few more months for his price to go up
Freeman on 13:11 - Jul 2 with 1970 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman on 12:40 - Jul 2 by qprd

Who do you think is leaking him this information? Its clearly someone from the club. That person can either be (a) telling the truth or (b) misleading the journo to control the negative PR

personally, i'm pretty confident qpr will have agreed a reasonable fee. otherwise, there would be no reason to sell him this early. we still have a few more months for his price to go up

yes, but also would mean our targets ight go elsewhere. More likely they matched our valuation (or close to it), and we took it so we could move on and get business done quickly.
We almost sound professional.
This is what should have been happening last summer.

Bare bones.

Freeman on 13:32 - Jul 2 with 1803 viewscyprusmel

Freeman on 13:11 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

yes, but also would mean our targets ight go elsewhere. More likely they matched our valuation (or close to it), and we took it so we could move on and get business done quickly.
We almost sound professional.
This is what should have been happening last summer.

It could also mean that SU was the only offer on the table, so no bidding war.
What I am happy about is the club seem to be doing business early (Ins and outs) for once instead of waiting until the last minute to see what's left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024