Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 08:25 - Jul 2 with 16809 viewskingo

Sky saying Sheffield United to announce Freeman. Hope it’s a good price

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Freeman on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 2992 viewsstowmarketrange

Freeman on 15:27 - Jul 3 by peterlund_dk

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/freeman-signs/

According to their own site, it's a "club record fee". Previous record signing was Josh Egan at 4.1m.

That probably means that it is a record low deal,or record steal?
Freeman on 15:31 - Jul 3 with 2990 viewsNorthernr

Freeman on 15:27 - Jul 3 by peterlund_dk

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/freeman-signs/

According to their own site, it's a "club record fee". Previous record signing was Josh Egan at 4.1m.

Good spot. They paid £4m for James Beattie previously as well.
Freeman on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 2975 viewsMytch_QPR

Freeman on 15:21 - Jul 3 by Mick_S

I think he's worried about his card shop in Westfields, Brian. Konk will know.

I'm going to pop into the Sheffield Clintons to say hello and thanks in the near future.

Very creative lad, our Luke. Where is our spark going to come from this season?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 16:18]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Freeman on 15:35 - Jul 3 with 2933 viewsMick_S

Freeman on 15:32 - Jul 3 by Mytch_QPR

I'm going to pop into the Sheffield Clintons to say hello and thanks in the near future.

Very creative lad, our Luke. Where is our spark going to come from this season?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 16:18]

Just send him a card mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Freeman on 15:39 - Jul 3 with 2890 viewsconnell10

Best player in the championship according to the Sheffield boss. Love to know how much we sold him for. Good luck Luke hope you do well.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman on 16:07 - Jul 3 with 2697 viewsDejR_vu

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Freeman on 16:41 - Jul 3 with 2460 viewsrsonist

Looking forward to Chair stepping up. It's time.
Freeman on 16:44 - Jul 3 with 2440 viewsToast_R

Why all this undisclosed nonsense?

They have to declare how much is spent on agents fees so a little more transparency please, they've no problem telling us how much we have to pay to watch the sh*t?
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 16:51 - Jul 3 with 2391 viewsconnell10

Freeman on 16:44 - Jul 3 by Toast_R

Why all this undisclosed nonsense?

They have to declare how much is spent on agents fees so a little more transparency please, they've no problem telling us how much we have to pay to watch the sh*t?

It's in case we buy someone apparently mate.

Freeman on 16:54 - Jul 3 with 2364 viewsEsox_Lucius

It is one less thing for all the whinging cünts on SM from bitching and crying about over every little thing that QPR do.

The grass is always greener.

Freeman on 18:55 - Jul 3 with 2124 viewsbosh67

According to TransferMarkt it's £3.15m!! So I am guessing the add ons are what make it a club record. That will be the microwave oven, his wife's recipe for lemon merengue and use of the swivel chair at weekends!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman on 19:08 - Jul 3 with 2079 viewsBenny_the_Ball

As many erudite posters have already pointed out, Sheffield United have confirmed it's a new club transfer record so it must be greater than £4 miilion paid for past players. Most reports seem to be averaging at £5 million whilst our dear old friends at Sky are sticking with their "in excess of £3 million" cop out.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 22:22]
Freeman on 19:24 - Jul 3 with 2051 viewsstainrods_elbow

Freeman on 19:08 - Jul 3 by Benny_the_Ball

As many erudite posters have already pointed out, Sheffield United have confirmed it's a new club transfer record so it must be greater than £4 miilion paid for past players. Most reports seem to be averaging at £5 million whilst our dear old friends at Sky are sticking with their "in excess of £3 million" cop out.

Clearly, the entire grimly predictable script was engineered last season, with his fake 'contract renewal', McClaren's fake statement of how great this was for QPR, and Luke's and Les's fake beaming smiles to the camera. Why do we fans put up with such brazen bullshit and cynical dissimulation? We're the true mugs here.

In words that seem from another dimension now that LH and LF have established their 'sell, sell, sell any day of the year' plans for building a squad and team that managers can nurture and young supporters can reverence over years to come, Hair Island said on the club's official bullshit site at the time:

"He is one of the players who attracted a lot of interest from a lot of clubs last summer. We resisted that because of what he brings to the team - his goals, his assists, his infectious enthusiasm and his willingness to work."

If Freeman now sits and wilts on the bench for the Blades like Smithies' career has been wound down by Cardiff, I really will feel like kicking someone at the club hard in the nuts. But that's just strange ol' Elbow whose only been supporting, suffering and publishing on QPR for forty odd years of course, so just shake your heads in sympathy!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 19:25]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Freeman on 19:35 - Jul 3 with 2002 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Freeman on 19:24 - Jul 3 by stainrods_elbow

Clearly, the entire grimly predictable script was engineered last season, with his fake 'contract renewal', McClaren's fake statement of how great this was for QPR, and Luke's and Les's fake beaming smiles to the camera. Why do we fans put up with such brazen bullshit and cynical dissimulation? We're the true mugs here.

In words that seem from another dimension now that LH and LF have established their 'sell, sell, sell any day of the year' plans for building a squad and team that managers can nurture and young supporters can reverence over years to come, Hair Island said on the club's official bullshit site at the time:

"He is one of the players who attracted a lot of interest from a lot of clubs last summer. We resisted that because of what he brings to the team - his goals, his assists, his infectious enthusiasm and his willingness to work."

If Freeman now sits and wilts on the bench for the Blades like Smithies' career has been wound down by Cardiff, I really will feel like kicking someone at the club hard in the nuts. But that's just strange ol' Elbow whose only been supporting, suffering and publishing on QPR for forty odd years of course, so just shake your heads in sympathy!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 19:25]

I understand the sentiment but the bottom line is Freeman is the ultimate example of what this club is trying to achieve. Picking up talent cheaply, developing them as players and then selling them on a profit. QPR need more of its acquisitions to follow suit if it is to rise from the ashes.
Freeman on 19:52 - Jul 3 with 1925 viewsHunterhoop

Freeman on 19:35 - Jul 3 by Benny_the_Ball

I understand the sentiment but the bottom line is Freeman is the ultimate example of what this club is trying to achieve. Picking up talent cheaply, developing them as players and then selling them on a profit. QPR need more of its acquisitions to follow suit if it is to rise from the ashes.

Excellent. If you’re a fan who can’t get your head around that, I despair. It’s the only way we’ll continue to exist and have a modicum if success for the next 40 yrs.
Freeman on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 1776 viewssupahoopsa

Freeman on 18:55 - Jul 3 by bosh67

According to TransferMarkt it's £3.15m!! So I am guessing the add ons are what make it a club record. That will be the microwave oven, his wife's recipe for lemon merengue and use of the swivel chair at weekends!

Not the nine o'clock news 😃
For those of us old enough to remember 😁

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Freeman on 20:48 - Jul 3 with 1736 viewsloftboy

“If Freeman now sits and wilts on the bench for the Blades like Smithies' career has been wound down by Cardiff, I really will feel like kicking someone at the club hard in the nuts. But that's just strange ol' Elbow whose only been supporting, suffering and publishing on QPR for forty odd years of course, so just shake your heads in sympathy!”

That’s hardly the club’s fault if the blades don’t play him, we have made 4.5 million profit on him, we wouldn’t get that next season, we had to sell him and we shouldn’t stand in the way of players given the chance to Play in the PL.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 20:54]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Freeman on 21:04 - Jul 3 with 1685 viewsdavman

Freeman on 19:52 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

Excellent. If you’re a fan who can’t get your head around that, I despair. It’s the only way we’ll continue to exist and have a modicum if success for the next 40 yrs.

.. and yet Richard Thompson was the anti-christ in the 90s to some for doing exactly that...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Freeman on 21:28 - Jul 3 with 1596 viewsQPR_John

Freeman on 21:04 - Jul 3 by davman

.. and yet Richard Thompson was the anti-christ in the 90s to some for doing exactly that...

FFP did not exist then
Freeman on 21:30 - Jul 3 with 1590 viewsconnell10

Freeman on 21:04 - Jul 3 by davman

Yep and a kunt to boot!

Freeman on 22:29 - Jul 3 with 1472 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman on 19:08 - Jul 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Sky Sports have now just gone to undisclosed club record fee as well, Benny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024