Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrie McKay 21:37 - Jul 3 with 2092 viewsHunterhoop

Are we signing McKay? Seen it reported by a Rangers website. Isn’t this the absolutely rapid lad who tore us apart at the City ground a couple of years ago?? He looked absolutely class that day.

I know we’re loaded on wingers, and perhaps some will be repurposed as forwards, but I think this would be a real coup.

Or am I missing something? Is there something wrong with him?
Barrie McKay on 03:27 - Jul 4 with 1793 viewsBoston

Dunno, I’ll ask Fletch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barrie McKay on 11:18 - Jul 4 with 1471 viewssimmo

From what I hear, he's a bit of a luxury in that when he's on it, he's brilliant, but goes missing for large parts and you'll only get those good performances 1 in 3 or 4 games. I always have concerns about a player that moves so regularly too, this will potentially be 3 clubs in 3 years, some question marks there...

Other side of it is that you're right, he ripped us up for Forest that day along with a Kieron Dowell and a few others and Warburton knows him really well and could maybe get more consistency out of him. He's also a good age, knows the Championship and you'd assume would link up well with Wallace on the left.

If the money is right and wages are reasonable, it's worth considering, but I'd be disappointed to see him come in and play over Bright, Chair or Eze.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barrie McKay on 11:30 - Jul 4 with 1432 viewsDean

I hope so.

Really good player who's at the age now where he needs to bed in at a club and make a name for himself. Would be a proper old school QPR player / fans favourite if we do get him.
Barrie McKay on 11:31 - Jul 4 with 1422 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barrie McKay on 11:18 - Jul 4 by simmo

From what I hear, he's a bit of a luxury in that when he's on it, he's brilliant, but goes missing for large parts and you'll only get those good performances 1 in 3 or 4 games. I always have concerns about a player that moves so regularly too, this will potentially be 3 clubs in 3 years, some question marks there...

Other side of it is that you're right, he ripped us up for Forest that day along with a Kieron Dowell and a few others and Warburton knows him really well and could maybe get more consistency out of him. He's also a good age, knows the Championship and you'd assume would link up well with Wallace on the left.

If the money is right and wages are reasonable, it's worth considering, but I'd be disappointed to see him come in and play over Bright, Chair or Eze.

I wonder if Bright might move up front this season?

Bare bones.

Barrie McKay on 11:36 - Jul 4 with 1395 viewsdannyblue

Barrie McKay on 11:31 - Jul 4 by Antti_Heinola

He's got the physical attributes, but his composure and finishing need work to be s striker. He just hits it as hard as he can. Doesn't find corners, give the keeper the eyes, use any finesse...

Feels to me like Eze as false 9, with BOS and AN Other running beyond might work well. Eze receiving the ball on the half turn to play them through as they run into the space he's vacated, or lay it off to a midfielder to do the same. That makes the most of his ability to carry the ball, gets him the ball in more dangerous areas, and means we're not so compressed by the fact Eze wants it to feet and doesn't run beyond.
Barrie McKay on 11:39 - Jul 4 with 1384 viewsLongsufferingR

Barrie McKay on 11:31 - Jul 4 by Antti_Heinola

Only if he's been practising his finishing 24/7 since the end of last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024