Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LHR-JFK whats the catch? 22:47 - Jul 9 with 2038 viewsenfieldargh

On BA website looking to book flight London to New York JFK

As well as advertising BA's own flights all £820 outbound flight you can also choose to fly American Airlines, their prices range from £200 to £220 outbound

Return flights via BA £620 whilst AA are £71 or £111. AA use B777 not even the grotty 757/767s

Return AA LHR-JFK £270.92 (no baggage)

Fly the flag? Why bother?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 23:15 - Jul 9 with 1967 viewsA40Bosh

Did that route for work back in late Jan.
Can’t complain about peasant class on AA
Not sure on price as our work travel team took care of that.
Robust planes too based on worst turbulence I have ever had to ensure.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 04:54 - Jul 10 with 1847 viewsMatch82

Be aware that most cross Atlantic flights onthose airlines are code share in any case. So if you book through BA you might be flying an American Airlines operated flight and vice versa. Which to be fair is another reason to go the AA roption.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 07:33 - Jul 10 with 1742 viewsRangersDave

Please remember its not the UK's flag carrier any more. (IMHO)

BA has, for many years been owned by, i believe, IAG (international airlines group), who also own Veuling, Iberia, air lingus etc.

Spanish based it trades on the spanish and british stock exchange, although the corporate HQ is London based.

https://www.iairgroup.com/en
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 7:38]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:22 - Jul 10 with 1663 viewskingo

My flight to JFK next week was booked through AA but now I have the details it is a BA flight both there and back. It is this Oneworld group they belong to.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:32 - Jul 10 with 1645 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got a return to Boston in Oct/Nov with BA for £290

Hand luggage only and the last to board but sod it good deal.

Just hope its a 747 and not a wide bodied Airbus as I hate the single cabin and being able to see/hear every other pleb in it. 747 is much better with the curtains and booze.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:56 - Jul 10 with 1591 viewsstevec

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:32 - Jul 10 by Metallica_Hoop

I got a return to Boston in Oct/Nov with BA for £290

Hand luggage only and the last to board but sod it good deal.

Just hope its a 747 and not a wide bodied Airbus as I hate the single cabin and being able to see/hear every other pleb in it. 747 is much better with the curtains and booze.

Does anyone else play the last on board game?

My wife gets in a right state, thinks the plane is going to take off without us. Píss myself watching everyone galloping to join a massive queue, even before they've opened the sodding gate.

Worst one I had was on a flight back here from Atlanta. Got down to me and this other bloke, fckin huge American, eyeballing each other right down to the point every passenger had disappeared down the tunnel and the flight staff were beckoning us over. The wife was at breaking point by this stage so I had to rush off behind her while this geezer had a big smile on his face.

Gutted.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:21 - Jul 10 with 1541 viewsthame_hoops

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:56 - Jul 10 by stevec

My wife gets in a right state, thinks the plane is going to take off without us. Píss myself watching everyone galloping to join a massive queue, even before they've opened the sodding gate.

Worst one I had was on a flight back here from Atlanta. Got down to me and this other bloke, fckin huge American, eyeballing each other right down to the point every passenger had disappeared down the tunnel and the flight staff were beckoning us over. The wife was at breaking point by this stage so I had to rush off behind her while this geezer had a big smile on his face.

Gutted.

Another odd thing about booking the same BA flight but on AA not only was cheaper than BA but free for baggage and choice of seat. BA have this new fare now -basic economy where as you have to pay for seat choice and bags.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:23 - Jul 10 with 1532 viewsthame_hoops

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 08:56 - Jul 10 by stevec

Gutted.

I do this too, when you know your pretty much the last ones on you can scope the other empty seats in the middle isles and plonk down there for more space
Login to get fewer ads

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:28 - Jul 10 with 1519 viewsRangersDave

I used todo it when going to and from Hong Kong a lot on business.

Always good to enter the aircraft last, turn right, get looks of disdain from fellow passengers, then see the look turn to surprise that this jean and t-shirted oik could side step left and go upstairs.

Twa tish but good fun. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 1507 viewsImpey0711

Take a look at Norwegian from Gatwick I got a return for £206 last week good flight times too in the big apple by 9:20 am
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:35 - Jul 10 with 1506 viewskingo

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 09:21 - Jul 10 by thame_hoops

Another odd thing about booking the same BA flight but on AA not only was cheaper than BA but free for baggage and choice of seat. BA have this new fare now -basic economy where as you have to pay for seat choice and bags.

AA have that option too. I booked it for my trip. If you buy your luggage separately it works out cheaper and you can use avios to pay.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 10:01 - Jul 10 with 1451 viewsheadhoops

BA
World's favourite airline - fark off.

2-3 times the price for appalling service.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 10:04 - Jul 10 with 1442 viewsMick_S

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 10:01 - Jul 10 by headhoops

BA

Their european city breaks from Heathrow are very, very good value for your pound. Is it BA that do not accept cash for snacks and drinks? That is a real pain if your family/friends are not sat together.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 10:22]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 11:06 - Jul 10 with 1333 viewsBostonR

I fly UK to USA 2-4 times per month mainly on business. I always avoid American carriers as the service is so poor. BA are improving but do not match the service on Virgin Atlantic whom I prefer.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 11:12 - Jul 10 with 1305 viewsSonofNorfolt

BA are far better than AA on long haul routes.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 11:38 - Jul 10 with 1253 viewsPommyhoop

2 Roach, gudgeon and a tiny crucian.Far bank waggler bronze maggot loose feeding hemp and caster Bob Nudd stylie...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 12:03 - Jul 10 with 1206 viewsrobith

BA

Flew with them to Beirut but they used one of their European short haul planes. Good thing we did it an hour quicker than scheduled both ways cos I'm not sure I'd have lasted the full 5 hours in it
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 12:18 - Jul 10 with 1172 viewsSilverfoxqpr

BA

I used to work out in Bangalore, India on and off for many years and the first couple of flights I took were with BA on a 747 up in Business Class. The stewardess came to take my food order prior to take off on both occassions (flights were within 6 weeks of each other) and informed me that both the chicken and the beef were unavailable despite being listed on the menu. "so it's prawns to start and prawns for the main then?!" I quipped with a smile on my face. I happen to like prawns so couldn't care less really, however I did mention that I wasn't the one paying for the flight but if I had just shelled out £3k I'd be pretty p1ssed off! I mean it's just rubbish isn't it? Worked out flying via Dubai on Emirates was much the better option after that, £1800 so nearly half the price and a far, far better service and experience. I can't fathom out how BA continue to operate.
LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 12:25 - Jul 10 with 1154 viewsaston_hoop

BA long haul are still decent enough but these days in short haul, you might as well fly Ryanair/Easyjet/Norwegian/Vueling or whoever else are cheapest and it'll make no difference. But never fly with Wizz Air. The bàstards changed the AIRPORT I was supposed to fly home from when I went to Kiev without bothering to inform me. Complete and utter wànkstains.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

LHR-JFK whats the catch? on 12:31 - Jul 10 with 1138 viewsMick_S

At least when you get off a BA flight you don't have to deplane.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024