Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... 18:47 - Jul 10 with 2775 viewsloftboy

They can’t afford £100 million to repair Hammersmith bridge, surely that would be their priority?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 19:35 - Jul 10 with 2654 viewsTonto

Because local authority finances doesnt work like that. Most of it is ring fenced for particular sectors. Transport funding for example comes from TfL.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 20:22 - Jul 10 with 2529 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not saying H&F are thick, but surely the LB of Richmond should be paying half?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 20:52 - Jul 10 with 2456 viewscolinallcars

I seem to remember reading a while back that Richmond offered to share responsibility for the bridge but Hammersmith refused. TFL are also involved. Engineers' test results will be made public next month and the bridge could be closed for three years.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 21:06 - Jul 10 with 2424 viewsdaveB

They are not going to build us a stadium, the club will have to pay for the land and the stadium
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 21:38 - Jul 10 with 2330 viewsWestbourneR

Says a lot about how far this country is slipping that we can't even afford to fix a vital bridge. It's embarrassing - the kind of thing you'd expect to see in Italy or Greece.

And the cluster f*** of Brexit has even hit yet

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 21:56 - Jul 10 with 2276 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 21:38 - Jul 10 by WestbourneR

Says a lot about how far this country is slipping that we can't even afford to fix a vital bridge. It's embarrassing - the kind of thing you'd expect to see in Italy or Greece.

I don't think it's because it's unaffordable.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 22:54 - Jul 10 with 2155 viewsstowmarketrange

Maybe the EU subsidise their infrastructure more than they do ours?
Or the fact that with millions of £’s going in tax cuts we don’t have enough in the public purse to pay for repairs to important things that need money spent on.And I don’t mean the Palace of Westminster or the royals houses.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:00 - Jul 10 with 2140 viewsNorthernr

1 - this does not turn into a Brexit thread.
2 - if the council is skint they may be more inclined to do a deal with us so they can shift a decaying, loss making facility they’re currently on the hook for.
Login to get fewer ads

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:01 - Jul 10 with 2129 viewsToast_R

The Councils are skint mate, the Governments public spending cuts have crippled all local authorities and that all started when we were still balls deep in EU membership.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:07 - Jul 10 with 2114 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:00 - Jul 10 by Northernr

2 - if the council is skint they may be more inclined to do a deal with us so they can shift a decaying, loss making facility they’re currently on the hook for.

I was actually more worried about Hammersmith Bridge for a minute there.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:50 - Jul 10 with 2043 viewsTacticalR

Avoid Iowa.

The U.S. Has Over 47,000 Structurally Deficient Bridges
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/04/03/report-the-u-s-has-over-47

Air hostess clique

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 00:47 - Jul 11 with 1996 viewsLythamR

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 23:07 - Jul 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was actually more worried about Hammersmith Bridge for a minute there.

I think part of the problem is related to who makes what contribution to the required repairs, it doesnt all fall on the local council some of it needs to come from TFL and some perhaps from central Gov, theres some argy bargy going on about who has to stump up what.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 01:34 - Jul 11 with 1972 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As someone else has said this is a TfL fck up not a H&F one.

London is the only region in the country with centralised surface financing and policy . The department is called TfL Surface strangely.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 1:36]
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 04:17 - Jul 11 with 1916 viewsDavieQPR

H&F Council paid 26 employees salaries of over £100K last year including bonuses and pensions.The Chief Executive £390,712, which is over double what the PM earns. He is third Chief Executive in 4 years. The Director of Housing Services, before he resigned, spent most of his time on a doomed stock transfer project. That unwanted scheme cost £1,395m plus his wages. That is where the money has gone.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 08:56 - Jul 11 with 1740 viewsstevec

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 01:34 - Jul 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

As someone else has said this is a TfL fck up not a H&F one.

London is the only region in the country with centralised surface financing and policy . The department is called TfL Surface strangely.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 1:36]

TFL/Hammersmith & Fulham, they've all got one thing in common, run by Labour.

They should have knocked the whole thing down and rebuilt after last long term shut down (Blair/Livingstone) but why serve the public when you can make a political storm out of it?

£100 million repairs? I know a Polish Builders Merchant who could rebuild the entire bloody thing for slightly North of that figure.

Next to nothing wrong with the supports, just the bridge itself. Pathetic.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 10:29 - Jul 11 with 1634 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 08:56 - Jul 11 by stevec

TFL/Hammersmith & Fulham, they've all got one thing in common, run by Labour.

They should have knocked the whole thing down and rebuilt after last long term shut down (Blair/Livingstone) but why serve the public when you can make a political storm out of it?

£100 million repairs? I know a Polish Builders Merchant who could rebuild the entire bloody thing for slightly North of that figure.

Next to nothing wrong with the supports, just the bridge itself. Pathetic.

TfL is neutral government department which has undergone £800m of cuts from central government. Like policing it's funding is totally out of the hands of the mayor (who is Labour obviously).

I worked for them for 12 years until April and campaigned with my TU to get the grant re instated endlessly.

I also lived in H&F until two years ago. This has been rumbling on for years and if we remember the bridge closed just before the 2012 Olympics panicking everyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34923879
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 11:25 - Jul 11 with 1553 viewsDavieQPR

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 10:29 - Jul 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

TfL is neutral government department which has undergone £800m of cuts from central government. Like policing it's funding is totally out of the hands of the mayor (who is Labour obviously).

I worked for them for 12 years until April and campaigned with my TU to get the grant re instated endlessly.

I also lived in H&F until two years ago. This has been rumbling on for years and if we remember the bridge closed just before the 2012 Olympics panicking everyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34923879

In 2017 the grant was cut but TFL received a percentage of Business Rates as well as any increase in Congestion Charges.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 12:39 - Jul 11 with 1473 viewsMytch_QPR

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 20:22 - Jul 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Not saying H&F are thick, but surely the LB of Richmond should be paying half?

A spokesman for H & F Council denied being thick but did admit they would have to pay for the bigger half.

Did Ciive say we could discuss Brexit?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 12:46 - Jul 11 with 1453 viewsBostonR

Your second point is on the money. The LC site will come down to two main points (apart from the various amounts of consulting with interested parties).
1. Can Rs finance the project. The answer is yes.
2. Can the local council members take credit for improving a run-down facility. The answer is yes.
I have been involved in similar deals and it always comes down to the money. The Board will have to give some ground to the Council and perhaps make a long-term commitment in the Borough which would be normal on these transactions.
I sense R’s want to move reasonably quickly and I would be pressing for some for of “Heads of Terms “ agreement on the way forward. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this come to fruition shortly.
How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 12:58 - Jul 11 with 1428 viewsTonto

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 11:25 - Jul 11 by DavieQPR

In 2017 the grant was cut but TFL received a percentage of Business Rates as well as any increase in Congestion Charges.

TfL's massive funding cut that Bazza refers to was done at very short notice. TfL would have had contracts, projects already stared and so on that they had to honour. In addition the two things you mention are not even close to the value of the lost Central Govt grant.

Someone above also spoke about "sharing an asset". Usually the Boroughs have an agreement whereby one borough or the other has total responsibility. Otherwise, it can become a bun fight as different boroughs may have different priorities.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How can H & F build us a stadium when...... on 15:03 - Jul 11 with 1282 viewslondonscottish

Exactly. And turn it into a money-maker what with the rent QPR pay and no doubt a cut on income from other activities.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024