Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Badly Designed Objects 11:03 - Jul 12 with 3794 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Oven gloves.

Never found any that isn’t bettered by a tea towel.
Badly Designed Objects on 11:06 - Jul 12 with 2292 viewsNorthernr

Shopping trolleys.
1 - never find one with four working wheels
2 - never find a water course without one
3 - Is that really the most efficient design for the job? That enormous mass of metal?
Badly Designed Objects on 11:13 - Jul 12 with 2276 viewsDorse

Seriously. I mean, it's just asking for trouble.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Badly Designed Objects on 11:32 - Jul 12 with 2225 viewsRBlock

Badly Designed Objects on 11:06 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Shopping trolleys.
1 - never find one with four working wheels
2 - never find a water course without one
3 - Is that really the most efficient design for the job? That enormous mass of metal?

Plus they enable a special grade of mouthbreather to take them through the self-service checkouts and fumble about for 20 minutes scanning their weekly shop.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 14:55]
Badly Designed Objects on 11:39 - Jul 12 with 2194 viewsbob566

Badly Designed Objects on 11:32 - Jul 12 by RBlock

Plus they enable a special grade of mouthbreather to take them through the self-service checkouts and fumble about for 20 minutes scanning their weekly shop.

don't get me started on grocery shopping. Could have a thread of its own but I think my #1 pet hate is people who pack at the tills. Please just put the stuff in the trolley and pack it at the boot of your car. It would eradicate queues.
Badly Designed Objects on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 2190 viewsWokingR

I love you mate
I used the expression "Licky Bus" the other day and was met with blank looks even after explaining it.
You've restored my faith.
Badly Designed Objects on 11:55 - Jul 12 with 2160 viewsMytch_QPR

Coat hangers - I know they do the job when they are hanging up, but every time I go to get one from the laundry basket I end up dragging about 20 out, all hooked on to each other. It drives me insane.

It's little things like that which push you over the edge.

Cheese graters aren't too clever either.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Badly Designed Objects on 11:58 - Jul 12 with 2143 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cling Film. Would be fine if it did what it's supposed to, instead of sticking to itself, refusing to tear unless you use scissors, clinging to the bloody scissors etc.
Badly Designed Objects on 11:59 - Jul 12 with 2142 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Got a shock with one of theses the other week.

Why oh why would I want the worlds biggest ringpull 20 years after we phased them out? I ended up carrying it then shoving it in the can.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Badly Designed Objects on 12:08 - Jul 12 with 2119 viewsrsonist

Fck me how many Old Man Yells At Cloud threads can one board have.
Badly Designed Objects on 12:22 - Jul 12 with 2081 viewsMytch_QPR

Badly Designed Objects on 12:08 - Jul 12 by rsonist

Fck me how many Old Man Yells At Cloud threads can one board have.

The real moaning starts on 3 Aug

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Badly Designed Objects on 12:36 - Jul 12 with 2031 viewsKonk

Badly Designed Objects on 11:58 - Jul 12 by CiderwithRsie

Cling Film. Would be fine if it did what it's supposed to, instead of sticking to itself, refusing to tear unless you use scissors, clinging to the bloody scissors etc.

This tip changed my life: at either end of the clingfilm box, is a bit that you push in, which holds the roll in place and makes it a doddle to use. Pointing this out to people has become my new party trick - nobody knows about it. Must be very frustrating for the designer.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Badly Designed Objects on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 1988 viewsYorkRanger

Corned beef tins, with the little key object that is attached that you have to pull from the tin (when it seems to be glued so it can never move) and then somehow slot a little piece of tin into it and unwind around the tin.

Never works without getting a proper tin opener out, normally after some sort of cut to the skin.
Badly Designed Objects on 13:00 - Jul 12 with 1972 viewsRangersDave

Badly Designed Objects on 12:22 - Jul 12 by Mytch_QPR

The real moaning starts on 3 Aug

or today around 7.45pm

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Badly Designed Objects on 13:01 - Jul 12 with 1963 viewswombat

Badly Designed Objects on 12:50 - Jul 12 by YorkRanger

Corned beef tins, with the little key object that is attached that you have to pull from the tin (when it seems to be glued so it can never move) and then somehow slot a little piece of tin into it and unwind around the tin.

Never works without getting a proper tin opener out, normally after some sort of cut to the skin.

sports socks !!! who has ever managed to wear the same pair twice after washing them . I must have about 20 single socks of every colour known to man but not one with a second

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Badly Designed Objects on 13:24 - Jul 12 with 1910 viewsTacticalR

Badly Designed Objects on 11:39 - Jul 12 by bob566

don't get me started on grocery shopping. Could have a thread of its own but I think my #1 pet hate is people who pack at the tills. Please just put the stuff in the trolley and pack it at the boot of your car. It would eradicate queues.

At Sainsbury's in Holborn you can scan your shopping with their Android app and pack as you go, and then scan a QR code at the end. Payment is deducted automatically so you don't have to queue at the till.

Supermarket giant Sainsbury’s opens UK’s first checkout-free store
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/supermarket-giant-sainsburys-opens-uks-first-che

At Waitrose you can scan your shopping with their Android app and pack as you go, and then scan a QR code at the end, but you have to pay with your card at the till.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 13:25]

Air hostess clique

Badly Designed Objects on 13:26 - Jul 12 with 1901 viewsDorse

Speed bumps: absolute garbage. If anything, they make you go slower.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Badly Designed Objects on 13:27 - Jul 12 with 1901 viewsJacksDad

As a personal favour please remove that W word from your vocabulary, some children with sensory processing disorder experience the world primary through their mouth. This is even worse than the re**rd word which as a community we are fighting to make obsolete.

No judgement .. just passing on the word.

Thanks
JacksDad
Badly Designed Objects on 13:28 - Jul 12 with 1893 viewsJacksDad

Those seats that they used to have in McDonalds where you would half perch your Aris whilst standing!
Badly Designed Objects on 13:35 - Jul 12 with 1872 viewsMick_S

Badly Designed Objects on 11:39 - Jul 12 by bob566

You want to try getting stuck behind someone who is sorting their clingfilm origami out before they get home.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Badly Designed Objects on 14:09 - Jul 12 with 1800 viewsBoston

Badly Designed Objects on 11:59 - Jul 12 by Metallica_Hoop

Got a shock with one of theses the other week.

Why oh why would I want the worlds biggest ringpull 20 years after we phased them out? I ended up carrying it then shoving it in the can.

I remember the tv ads, ‘now Coca Cola comes in easy open cans’... sigh

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Badly Designed Objects on 14:22 - Jul 12 with 1773 viewsTonto

Badly Designed Objects on 12:50 - Jul 12 by YorkRanger

a neat tie into the OP here...

wear oven gloves when you separate the two parts of the tin to avoid the cuts.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Badly Designed Objects on 14:27 - Jul 12 with 1761 viewsMick_S

Useless.

And this - never got one that didn't clog.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 14:28]

Badly Designed Objects on 14:36 - Jul 12 with 1736 viewsMick_S

Could they not just design a chair that holds an umbrella instead of this degrading 5 hit?

Tennis is rubbish.

Badly Designed Objects on 14:48 - Jul 12 with 1723 viewsTonto

aeroplane seats.

Bloody uncomfortable, full of padding which makes them bulky and means airway companies cram the buggers close together in order to carry s many people/profit as possible.

I remember watching a TV program where 2 guys re-designed a bunch of things, including bras and airline seats. they used netting instead of foam, and the result was a more comfortable, lighter thinner seat meaning more leg room. but no-one took it on.

their bra design is used commercially today though

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Badly Designed Objects on 14:53 - Jul 12 with 1708 viewsBoston

Badly Designed Objects on 14:48 - Jul 12 by Tonto

aeroplane seats.

Bloody uncomfortable, full of padding which makes them bulky and means airway companies cram the buggers close together in order to carry s many people/profit as possible.

I remember watching a TV program where 2 guys re-designed a bunch of things, including bras and airline seats. they used netting instead of foam, and the result was a more comfortable, lighter thinner seat meaning more leg room. but no-one took it on.

their bra design is used commercially today though

I’ve never sat down in a bra, sort of hammock I presume, I’ll give it a go when I get home.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024