Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... 13:14 - Jul 12 with 4470 viewsNortholt_Rs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055

So thatÂ’s Weds, Derby and AV who have used this patently obvious ruse to cheat the rules. Why are our owners the only mugs who offered up their backsides to get well and truly shafted by the EFL? How on earth can this be in any way fair? More to the point what are our owners doing about it? They canÂ’t just sit on their hands, accept us getting massacred by FFP whilst every other club cheats to avoid our fate, and do nothing about it. Surely?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:31 - Jul 12 with 4387 viewsfrancisbowles

Different rules in different stages of FFP and now Profit and Sustainability (or whatever it is called). I believe selling your ground wasn't an option in the old rules but is not excluded in the new ones.

I agree it is ridiculous but other clubs had transfer embargoes under the old rules, so the FL unlikely to reverse any decisions as you cannot undo a transfer embargo and the damage that it caused.

We did fight the FL for several years on FFP, we didn't just accept their original rules but we lost.
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:35 - Jul 12 with 4360 viewsdavman

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:31 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

Different rules in different stages of FFP and now Profit and Sustainability (or whatever it is called). I believe selling your ground wasn't an option in the old rules but is not excluded in the new ones.

I agree it is ridiculous but other clubs had transfer embargoes under the old rules, so the FL unlikely to reverse any decisions as you cannot undo a transfer embargo and the damage that it caused.

We did fight the FL for several years on FFP, we didn't just accept their original rules but we lost.

Why not sell a bit of the ground., like an Executive Box and then buy it back for less at the end of the season?

What would the difference be?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:57 - Jul 12 with 4262 viewsconnell10

Problem is its just kicking the can down the road , you cant sell your stadium twice so next year they will have another big black hole in their accounts , also i wouldnt want any of our owners to buy our stadium lock , stock and barrel , it would all end in tears!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 09:43 - Jul 15 with 3756 viewssmegma

Shouldn't this thread be called 'sold their ground' ??

The EFL will do an inquiry and will find QPR guilty of all charges.
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 09:47 - Jul 15 with 3743 viewsdaveB

If our owners sold the ground to themselves to escape FFP as a club we would be royally screwed not owning our own stadium and looking to move ground as well, would be a disaster. Sheffield Wednesday won't be able to do this again they are just putting their clubs future on the line to avoid losing a few points this season, is utter madness
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 10:10 - Jul 15 with 3693 viewsklonk

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:35 - Jul 12 by davman

Why not sell a bit of the ground., like an Executive Box and then buy it back for less at the end of the season?

What would the difference be?

...well if we sold it to a member of the board, it would be deemed a 'related party transaction' and valued in the books at 'fair value' (regardless of whether that was more or less than the original transaction).

it's possible to make an accounting profit on the sale when fair value is higher than book value (usually a result of accounting policies meaning that the ground and stadium are recorded at lower-than-market valuations in the books). but it's very difficult to do when buying it back (unless the market valuation goes down due to, say, a property market crash).
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 11:18 - Jul 15 with 3564 viewssmegma

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 09:47 - Jul 15 by daveB

If our owners sold the ground to themselves to escape FFP as a club we would be royally screwed not owning our own stadium and looking to move ground as well, would be a disaster. Sheffield Wednesday won't be able to do this again they are just putting their clubs future on the line to avoid losing a few points this season, is utter madness

And what if the owner falls out with the club/board ?? He can then hold the club to ransom.
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 14:13 - Jul 15 with 3443 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 13:57 - Jul 12 by connell10

Problem is its just kicking the can down the road , you cant sell your stadium twice so next year they will have another big black hole in their accounts , also i wouldnt want any of our owners to buy our stadium lock , stock and barrel , it would all end in tears!

But could the owner just not sell it back to them for £1 and then another director/owner buy it back again?
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 17:59 - Jul 15 with 3278 viewsGroveR

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 10:10 - Jul 15 by klonk

...well if we sold it to a member of the board, it would be deemed a 'related party transaction' and valued in the books at 'fair value' (regardless of whether that was more or less than the original transaction).

it's possible to make an accounting profit on the sale when fair value is higher than book value (usually a result of accounting policies meaning that the ground and stadium are recorded at lower-than-market valuations in the books). but it's very difficult to do when buying it back (unless the market valuation goes down due to, say, a property market crash).

I like it. Enron Park Rangers.
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 20:08 - Jul 15 with 3144 viewsRassilon

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 11:18 - Jul 15 by smegma

And what if the owner falls out with the club/board ?? He can then hold the club to ransom.

Ron Noades did that when he sold Crystal Palace, but kept the freehold of Selhurst Park.
Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 20:59 - Jul 15 with 3065 viewsLblock

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 20:08 - Jul 15 by Rassilon

Ron Noades did that when he sold Crystal Palace, but kept the freehold of Selhurst Park.

He didn’t actually

Goldberg didn’t want it as he was a novice, he wanted the club.
He also wanted Venables despite Noades warnings to the contrary
The rest is history

I’ve seen it stated here the owners would spend again if they could and want to get back to the Prem; also that they explored all options to fight FFP.
Looks to the contrary to me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 14:31 - Jul 16 with 2706 viewsklonk

Sheffield Weds the latest club to dodge FFP by buying their ground... on 14:13 - Jul 15 by stowmarketrange

But could the owner just not sell it back to them for £1 and then another director/owner buy it back again?

to reiterate:

"...well if we sold it to a member of the board, it would be deemed a 'related party transaction' and valued in the books at 'fair value' (regardless of whether that was more or less than the original transaction).

it's possible to make an accounting profit on the sale when fair value is higher than book value (usually a result of accounting policies meaning that the ground and stadium are recorded at lower-than-market valuations in the books). but it's very difficult to do when buying it back (unless the market valuation goes down due to, say, a property market crash)."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024