Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 17:11 - Jul 15 with 91727 viewsjohnhoop

Now that the World Cup’s done and dusted we can turn our attention to the next major event.
For me the most interesting questions about team selection are;
1) Do we open with Jason Roy? For me it’s a no brainer. I know all the arguments against- he doesn’t even open for Surrey, he struggles against the moving ball etc- but I feel that he’s in such good form and the alternatives are so mediocre that it would be silly not to. If he does come off he could give us control of the game in the first couple of hours. Him and Rory Burns for me.
2) Now that Jofra Archer has to have a place in the side, who are the other two quick bowlers going to be. If fit I guess Anderson has to play and I would give the third spot to Woakes but this means no place for Stuart Broad and the 90 mph+ Mark Wood.
3) Which spinner to go with - Ali or Rashid? Ali’s batting form seems to have dipped but it’s still not an easy decision to make.
Any thoughts?
Ashes thread on 15:51 - Jan 7 with 1131 viewsjonno

Ashes thread on 15:35 - Jan 7 by flynnbo

Great victory. Everyone played a part and good captaincy skills by Root today. Ben Stokes is unbelievable!!

Good job we have Stokes or we would really be struggling. Saffers are pretty second rate to be honest.
Ashes thread on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 1001 viewsMrSheen

Solid start, but 61/0 off 27 overs sounds like a game to be savoured on text commentary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024