Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth of today 14:03 - Jul 22 with 4026 viewsRblockPrior

Just been watching a group of young lads all play football at a 5aside pitch which is local to me they all must have been 13/14, the quality was unreal and the skills and how they read the game was so great to watch. They must have broken up for the school holidays but you could tell every single one of them was having such an amazing time playing football with their mates and for free at that.

What saddened me massively is about 30 mins into their game 3 lads a similar age came on the pitch all hoods up, hands down their tracksuit bottoms and just totally stopped the game asking for the ball and decided just to do some kick ups in the centre stopping the lads game totally. You could see all the lads who were originally playing were very scared of these 3 lads, they clearly knew them and were intimated.

It really upset me as here we are living in a city where youth crime is sky high and you have a load of lads doing what they love and playing football with their mates staying out of trouble for a few idiots to ruin it and try and stamp some authority down.

I admit I didn't say anything as I didn't want to interfere but it made me think how things like that an be avoided and how sad it is that just a few can ruin it. How many of Londons kids are intimidated off local pitches or end up down the wrong path through fear. I know this is a random thread so apologies for that
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 14:21]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Youth of today on 14:10 - Jul 22 with 3989 viewsTonto

I get how you didn't get involved... don't feel ashamed. Its horrible how there is no respect for anyone (older, younger, doesn't matter). Last time I tried to get involved, was when a young woman walking down the path of my then flat started yelling "help help" so I rush out of the flat. Turns out she was having a domestic with her boyfriend, and when I challenged him, she told me to "f off and mind my own business", whilst her boyfriend uses the dog leash to try and whip me. 5 mins later she is screaming "help help" again on the other side of the park.

there were 3 of them, one of you.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Youth of today on 14:55 - Jul 22 with 3865 viewsrsonist

I don't mean to diminish your anecdote cos it does sound a shame but is it all really that different to what most of us would have grown up with? If you're in your 40s you would probably recall having been menaced by rude boys in tracksuits too. Never mind the knife crime epidemic of I dunno, the swinging 60s... or ancient Rome...

Obviously there are new extremes modern youth find themselves having to deal with but a little perspective would help in getting to the bottom of them.
Youth of today on 15:04 - Jul 22 with 3816 viewsPunteR

Theres always been bully boys. Just a shame kids dont play football in the streets or park anymore. Jumpers for goalposts ...etc. They're all playing Fifa 19 etc.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Youth of today on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 3770 viewsrsonist

Youth of today on 15:04 - Jul 22 by PunteR

Theres always been bully boys. Just a shame kids dont play football in the streets or park anymore. Jumpers for goalposts ...etc. They're all playing Fifa 19 etc.

This is also a caricature. Where there are accessible pitches they are in use. Instead of blaming Subbuteo you could also look at cuts to grassroots funding, youth facilities being sold off or rented out for lucrative yuppie 5-a-side, etc etc.
Youth of today on 15:25 - Jul 22 with 3742 viewsRblockPrior

Youth of today on 14:55 - Jul 22 by rsonist

I don't mean to diminish your anecdote cos it does sound a shame but is it all really that different to what most of us would have grown up with? If you're in your 40s you would probably recall having been menaced by rude boys in tracksuits too. Never mind the knife crime epidemic of I dunno, the swinging 60s... or ancient Rome...

Obviously there are new extremes modern youth find themselves having to deal with but a little perspective would help in getting to the bottom of them.

You are not wrong, I am in my 30s and there was similar issues it just was a shame to see really

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Youth of today on 15:26 - Jul 22 with 3739 viewsTonto

Youth of today on 15:17 - Jul 22 by rsonist

This is also a caricature. Where there are accessible pitches they are in use. Instead of blaming Subbuteo you could also look at cuts to grassroots funding, youth facilities being sold off or rented out for lucrative yuppie 5-a-side, etc etc.

are you a member of Save Warren Farm?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Youth of today on 01:22 - Jul 23 with 3343 viewsLoftgirl

Youth of today on 15:04 - Jul 22 by PunteR

Home for tea? Isn't it?
Youth of today on 11:37 - Jul 23 with 3102 viewsPommyhoop

Youth of today on 14:55 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Absolute Guardianista bollox. Are you saying the out of controll knife crime in London are lies from the from the right wing MSM yada yada yada ?.
Deny Deny Deny...Typical left-wing nonsense.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Youth of today on 12:04 - Jul 23 with 3051 viewsDannytheR

Youth of today on 11:37 - Jul 23 by Pommyhoop

Absolute Guardianista bollox. Are you saying the out of controll knife crime in London are lies from the from the right wing MSM yada yada yada ?.

Over and above grown men arguing on the internet, I've got a 13 year old son growing up in inner London and there's a lot more about his future I'm worried about than him getting knifed.

There is definitely an issue in London and elsewhere that 5-a-side pitches, green spaces and youth centres have been closed down and sold off. I've seen it happening over the last 10 years, as have plenty of others. I think I'll take the evidence of my own eyes on that - as I would over knife crime as a parent living here - over Katie Hopkins retweets.
Youth of today on 12:10 - Jul 23 with 3029 viewsClive_Anderson

Part of London are pretty scary these days. Gangs of blokes around Finsbury Park hassling people especially women in broad daylight is a common occurrence.
Youth of today on 12:56 - Jul 23 with 2956 viewsrsonist

What are you chuntering on about you silly tart. I said exactly what I said and no more.
Youth of today on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 2854 viewsSimonJames

Youth of today on 14:10 - Jul 22 by Tonto

I get how you didn't get involved... don't feel ashamed. Its horrible how there is no respect for anyone (older, younger, doesn't matter). Last time I tried to get involved, was when a young woman walking down the path of my then flat started yelling "help help" so I rush out of the flat. Turns out she was having a domestic with her boyfriend, and when I challenged him, she told me to "f off and mind my own business", whilst her boyfriend uses the dog leash to try and whip me. 5 mins later she is screaming "help help" again on the other side of the park.

there were 3 of them, one of you.

I had something similar about 30 years ago. Driving through Dersingham and I see a bloke smacking a woman about.
So I stop the car and run over there.
He takes a swing at me, I deck him. She starts effing and blinding and laying into me!
I beat a hasty retreat.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Youth of today on 14:07 - Jul 23 with 2804 viewsClive_Anderson

There's no point trying to reason with these people, even with easily verifiable statistics like the rise in knife crime.

They just put their fingers in their ears and start shouting about Katie Hopkins to absolutely everything these days.
Youth of today on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 2601 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I was brought up in Shepherds Bush as a teenager in the 1980's and Ravenscourt Park was a favourite of ours. This sort of occurrence was commonplace throughout this time and you just let them get on with it until they got bored. Usually football but I remember one cricket game we played between the cage and the dog park and four boys older than us took over our game of cricket. Just humoured them and eventually they left. There was an air of menace at that time also.
Youth of today on 22:23 - Jul 23 with 2464 viewsHamptonR

I grew up in Camberwell in the early seventies and this was a daily occurrence, playing footy, cricket or whatever, there were always bigger boys, yobs who wanted to Balls things up.
They had nothing better to do than cause trouble, sometimes they won (more often than not) sometimes we fought back and won but our triumphs were always short lived.
Funnily enough one of the yobs was Kenny Samson but to be honest he only ever wanted to play footy, his mates were dicks.
Youth of today on 22:58 - Jul 23 with 2403 viewsPommyhoop

Youth of today on 12:56 - Jul 23 by rsonist

What are you chuntering on about you silly tart. I said exactly what I said and no more.

''Obviously there are new extremes modern youth find themselves having to deal with but a little perspective would help in getting to the bottom of them.'''

Ok,ok , Well lets keep this civil shall we.

What Exactly are ''the new extremes ..yada,yada,yada''?

Youth of today on 00:19 - Jul 24 with 2337 viewsPommyhoop

Just to add a bit of levity to the tread try this exercise.
Just imagine or even actually repeat Rsonists lovely words in time with this characters moving lips.

''Obviously there are new extremes modern youth find themselves having to deal with but a little perspective would help in getting to the bottom of them.'
Turn the volume down for full effect

Sort of fits don't you think..

Youth of today on 01:24 - Jul 24 with 2299 viewsbob566

Similar thing in Dublin. Few lads pushing themselves in trolleys smashing off cars. Had a word. Told them great craic for them but would cost car owners thousands to repair. They saw their wrongdoings. With that a few young girls appeared and started mouthing off at me. Then the lads behaviour changed. Started offering me out. Three lads had changed to a pack of twenty plus. The lads I'd got through to were now hungry for blood in the girls company. I left. Not worth it
Youth of today on 02:58 - Jul 24 with 2263 viewsBoston

I believe that children are our future.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024