Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New St's/Credit card 11:16 - Jul 23 with 2951 viewsenfieldargh

Just received an email from the club stating my new st/credit card(???) has been dispatched.

at the foot of the email is this statement

"Please note, your QPR Pay Cards are ready to give you access to our pre-season friendly v Watford on Saturday 27th July 2019 kick-off 3:00pm."

Does this mean I get free access to the watford game or they will use the card as a payment method to gain entry?

I intend to go to this game; because I'm using a credit card to gain access as mentioned in the email will I get hit with a £3.50 booking fee?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

New St's/Credit card on 11:20 - Jul 23 with 2645 viewsfrancisbowles

It means that if you buy a ticket for the Watford game it will be loaded onto the card. Yes you will have to pay a booking fee unless you go to the box office to purchase.

This is based on my purchase of Bristol City cup tickets.
New St's/Credit card on 16:09 - Jul 23 with 2461 viewsmarky67

from what i`ve read in the e-mail i got is that its a contactless debit card not credit card.
New St's/Credit card on 13:02 - Jul 24 with 2235 viewsWokingR

2 copies of one of mine have arrived this morning
But no copies of the other.
Same old Qpr
New St's/Credit card on 13:44 - Jul 24 with 2171 viewsstowmarketrange

New St's/Credit card on 13:02 - Jul 24 by WokingR

2 copies of one of mine have arrived this morning
But no copies of the other.
Same old Qpr

Both of the U18’s got 2 of theirs,but no sign of mine.
New St's/Credit card on 13:55 - Jul 24 with 2131 viewsWokingR

New St's/Credit card on 13:44 - Jul 24 by stowmarketrange

Yep, that's what I got.
2 copies of the Junior Hoops ticket and noting else.
New St's/Credit card on 13:57 - Jul 24 with 2130 viewsLythamR

New St's/Credit card on 13:44 - Jul 24 by stowmarketrange

Hmm Just got mine and going through the activation and reading the terms it seems that there is a transaction fee chargeable on any transactions of 15P which is refunded via QPR cash up to an annual maximum of £100 . that seems to me that I got to Mcdonalds buy a breakfast and will get charged the £4.49 plus and additional 15p for using the QPR pay card instead of my normal debit card but i can redeem the accumulated 15p's via QPR Cash (But you cant use QPR cash on some purchases such as special offer / reduced items)

on top of the transaction fee there is also a 0.75% transaction value fee so if i pay for something i pay 15P plus 0.75% of the purchase value again to be redeemed later via QPR cash

Am i understanding this right or has the heat rendered my stupid. I thought you could earn QPR cash by using the card, this seems like getting your own money back that you have lent them.

Fees and Limits Schedule

Fees

Issuing Fees

GBP

Card Issue Fee

Card Renewal/Replacement

Transaction Fees and usage

Transaction Fee

15p

Transaction Value Fee

0.75%

Foreign Exchange charge

2%
New St's/Credit card on 14:20 - Jul 24 with 2103 viewsactonman

As above , x2 exactly the same junior hoop cards have arrived sent separately but not my own ?

Why the friggedy fudge are the duplicating junior cards

My son has opened them and basically said wtf is this card , I’m 15 not 5 ... junior hoop indeed

He has a point , these cards are issued to all under 18 year olds, not very street cred for the older ones .

Anyway, until something better to moan about comes up ... shouldn’t have to wait long
New St's/Credit card on 14:46 - Jul 24 with 2055 viewsdaveB

my son got 2 season tickets as well for some reason
Login to get fewer ads

New St's/Credit card on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 2039 viewsRog

We got duplicate Junior ones today but no adult one. Looks like a cockup to me.
New St's/Credit card on 14:55 - Jul 24 with 2033 viewsHarbour

So being a Luddite ...if I just want to use the card to access LR on match days as I do not want to use the card as a debit or credit ...I assume I do not need to activate the card?
New St's/Credit card on 14:59 - Jul 24 with 2028 viewsdaveB

New St's/Credit card on 14:55 - Jul 24 by Harbour

So being a Luddite ...if I just want to use the card to access LR on match days as I do not want to use the card as a debit or credit ...I assume I do not need to activate the card?

yeah just don't activate the card and use it as you would have last season
New St's/Credit card on 15:31 - Jul 24 with 1996 viewsPinnerPaul

New St's/Credit card on 14:59 - Jul 24 by daveB

Yep

On a general note, never seen the point in using a debit card (usually leaves account in a couple of days) instead of a credit card which can take up to 6 weeks to clear your account.
New St's/Credit card on 15:39 - Jul 24 with 1977 viewsdaveB

New St's/Credit card on 15:31 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

Yep

On a general note, never seen the point in using a debit card (usually leaves account in a couple of days) instead of a credit card which can take up to 6 weeks to clear your account.

you don't get charged to use a debit card but you do with a credit card
New St's/Credit card on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 1976 viewsHarbour

Great ta
New St's/Credit card on 15:42 - Jul 24 with 1971 viewsPinnerPaul

New St's/Credit card on 15:39 - Jul 24 by daveB

you don't get charged to use a debit card but you do with a credit card

??????????

I use my contactless credit card for everything and have never paid a penny in fees.
New St's/Credit card on 15:47 - Jul 24 with 1961 viewsdaveB

New St's/Credit card on 15:42 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

??????????

I use my contactless credit card for everything and have never paid a penny in fees.

suppose it depends on deal you get if you pay interest on purchases.
New St's/Credit card on 16:00 - Jul 24 with 1944 viewsterryb

New St's/Credit card on 15:42 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

??????????

I think this depends on whether you pay your balance in full every month.

The only time I've paid fees or interest on a debit or credit card in years was when my wife f****d up & withdrew cash on the wrong card!

I'm still waiting for my new ST card, but the tickets I ordered for Stoke yestreday arrived today!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 16:01]
New St's/Credit card on 16:04 - Jul 24 with 1936 viewsPinnerPaul

New St's/Credit card on 16:00 - Jul 24 by terryb

I think this depends on whether you pay your balance in full every month.

The only time I've paid fees or interest on a debit or credit card in years was when my wife f****d up & withdrew cash on the wrong card!

I'm still waiting for my new ST card, but the tickets I ordered for Stoke yestreday arrived today!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 16:01]

Terry and Dave

Yes I was assuming paid off in full each month so excluded interest.

Terry also spot on - you can't usually withdraw cash for free on a credit card either, but with contactless that's becoming rarer anyway I find.
New St's/Credit card on 13:36 - Jul 26 with 1697 viewsBklynRanger

New St's/Credit card on 13:57 - Jul 24 by LythamR

Hmm Just got mine and going through the activation and reading the terms it seems that there is a transaction fee chargeable on any transactions of 15P which is refunded via QPR cash up to an annual maximum of £100 . that seems to me that I got to Mcdonalds buy a breakfast and will get charged the £4.49 plus and additional 15p for using the QPR pay card instead of my normal debit card but i can redeem the accumulated 15p's via QPR Cash (But you cant use QPR cash on some purchases such as special offer / reduced items)

on top of the transaction fee there is also a 0.75% transaction value fee so if i pay for something i pay 15P plus 0.75% of the purchase value again to be redeemed later via QPR cash

Am i understanding this right or has the heat rendered my stupid. I thought you could earn QPR cash by using the card, this seems like getting your own money back that you have lent them.

Fees and Limits Schedule

Fees

Issuing Fees

GBP

Card Issue Fee

Card Renewal/Replacement

Transaction Fees and usage

Transaction Fee

15p

Transaction Value Fee

0.75%

Foreign Exchange charge

2%

So for the benefit of someone who just ate a whole container of special fried rice and now needs a nap and a pint (in no particular order):

We use this like a normal debit card - it's linked to my bank account?

The bits that I get charged for using it are funneled into an account that I can only spend at the club shop - so basically it's a way of saving money (whether I want to or not) to spend in the club shop?
New St's/Credit card on 14:26 - Jul 26 with 1636 viewsStevenageRanger

JUst read this and thought it was me but its not.

Yes you pay for using the card but get back in QPR cash and for that reason I'm Out :)

I also have a 15 year old and he opened the card and said "What the hell is this" I said its your new Season Ticket, jokingly he replied "I want to cancel it looks ridiculous"

So the new design doesn't seem to have gone down t0o well with the older JUNIOR HOOPS!!

PS He also got two but we got a letter today saying destroy one as the one you use first will be your ticket for the whole season (also said it was a 3rd party suppliers fault)
New St's/Credit card on 23:04 - Jul 26 with 1495 viewsqpr1976

Forgive if I missed something.....

Does this mean my old s/t (‘s) are now defunct, ie. no longer valid ?
And have been replaced by this new card ??

And should I take Both to the Huddersfield game, just in case...?
New St's/Credit card on 23:18 - Jul 26 with 1479 viewsHadders

The whole thing totally irritates me for some reason and I don't really understand it, but the idea of "QPR cash" appeals to me. I'm going to be using the term all the time now. Can I pay in QPR cash? Do you take QPR cash? Do you take supaaahoopsaaa cashaaa? I'm also going to use it to withdraw £75 million in QPR money (like we paid in wages in 2013-14). I've checked, and FFP doesn't apply to primary school teachers living in Muswell Hill.
New St's/Credit card on 00:14 - Jul 27 with 1445 viewsSouthend_Rss

New St's/Credit card on 23:18 - Jul 26 by Hadders

The whole thing totally irritates me for some reason and I don't really understand it, but the idea of "QPR cash" appeals to me. I'm going to be using the term all the time now. Can I pay in QPR cash? Do you take QPR cash? Do you take supaaahoopsaaa cashaaa? I'm also going to use it to withdraw £75 million in QPR money (like we paid in wages in 2013-14). I've checked, and FFP doesn't apply to primary school teachers living in Muswell Hill.

“Supaaahoopsaaa cashaaa” Hahaha brilliant
New St's/Credit card on 20:59 - Jul 27 with 1221 viewsrsonist

Meanwhile...

New St's/Credit card on 22:11 - Jul 27 with 1186 viewsBklynRanger

New St's/Credit card on 20:59 - Jul 27 by rsonist

Meanwhile...

Is that real? It's all gone mental!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024