Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill medical 11:24 - Jul 27 with 10563 viewsBAWHoops

According to Dave Mc

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-west-ham-jordan-hugill-medical-2707

Encouraged by this as they’ve wanted him for 18 months so very obviously a Penrice signing.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hugill medical on 11:39 - Jul 27 with 6954 viewsWatford_Ranger

Would be happy with this. West Ham was a big step up but looked a decent player at Preston although all of Preston’s team looks good at Loftus Road. Still waiting for that dreadlocked midfielder to be snapped up by Barca.
Hugill medical on 11:50 - Jul 27 with 6884 viewsdistortR

Hugill medical on 11:39 - Jul 27 by Watford_Ranger

Would be happy with this. West Ham was a big step up but looked a decent player at Preston although all of Preston’s team looks good at Loftus Road. Still waiting for that dreadlocked midfielder to be snapped up by Barca.

I understand needs must, but potentially far too many loaned players in our team for my liking, who we have no realistic chance of signing permanently bar promotion. Ha!

F'kin long term strategy appears yearly survival. And I do kind of get that

i also get ffp, but we must be spending a whack on players we have to give back, and not on unearthing diamonds in the rough.

And what clauses are the loanee's teams putting into these contracts?

bollocks.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 11:51]
Hugill medical on 11:52 - Jul 27 with 6868 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hugill medical on 11:50 - Jul 27 by distortR

I understand needs must, but potentially far too many loaned players in our team for my liking, who we have no realistic chance of signing permanently bar promotion. Ha!

F'kin long term strategy appears yearly survival. And I do kind of get that

i also get ffp, but we must be spending a whack on players we have to give back, and not on unearthing diamonds in the rough.

And what clauses are the loanee's teams putting into these contracts?

bollocks.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 11:51]

I should have really clicked the link. Assumed it was a permanent deal.
Hugill medical on 11:56 - Jul 27 with 6833 viewsdistortR

Hugill medical on 11:52 - Jul 27 by Watford_Ranger

I should have really clicked the link. Assumed it was a permanent deal.

aha!

assumption is the mother of consumption.

something like that, anyway.
Hugill medical on 12:04 - Jul 27 with 6770 viewsHooparoo

Hugill medical on 11:56 - Jul 27 by distortR

aha!

assumption is the mother of consumption.

something like that, anyway.

Faith is the opposite of fear

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hugill medical on 12:09 - Jul 27 with 6720 viewsisawqpratwcity

Nice if it comes through.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hugill medical on 12:29 - Jul 27 with 6555 viewsDavieQPR

What loaning players like Norwich, Sheff Utd and every other team in this division. This is how the Championship survives nowdays.
Hugill medical on 12:52 - Jul 27 with 6422 viewsdistortR

Hugill medical on 12:29 - Jul 27 by DavieQPR

What loaning players like Norwich, Sheff Utd and every other team in this division. This is how the Championship survives nowdays.

i think norwich fielded 2 loanees last season (Taken from an article on their club site), one of whom played 4 times.

I find the fact that our forward line isn't ours (Again) thoroughly disheartening. I hope Oteh and Walker can step up, but it'd not as if we've got in some prospects from non-league, etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill medical on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 6377 viewsDorse

I'm not sure how I feel about this. If he's up for it and he sees the potential benefits of a good season with us, I think it'd be a good move for all parties (not that I care about Wet Spam). However, he will still Foxtrot Oscar at the end of the season, leaving us back to Square 1. Actually, back to Square -2, if you think about it.

Also, I keep wanting to pronounce his name Huge-Ill. Or even Hugh Janus. Quick, call the nickname committee! I think I've got it!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hugill medical on 13:15 - Jul 27 with 6273 viewskensalriser

The upside of loans is that if they don't turn out well they go back and that's it. Contracted players that don't turn out well become an expensive encumbrance. How many tens of millions have we spunked on the latter in the last few years?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill medical on 13:18 - Jul 27 with 6255 viewsGloucs_R

Hugill is a target man forward, has great strength and is able to out-muscle opposition defenders.[37][38] Former Port Vale teammate Tom Pope stated that Hugill had an excellent attitude and "was desperate to learn and improve".[39]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Hugill medical on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 6176 viewsbosh67

I am sure he will be a welcome addition to the team. We are short on keepers or I am sure he would do well up front with Smyth when we loan him to Wycombe. Had anyone told the lad these things yet?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill medical on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 6177 viewsRuislipHoop

Hugill medical on 12:52 - Jul 27 by distortR

i think norwich fielded 2 loanees last season (Taken from an article on their club site), one of whom played 4 times.

I find the fact that our forward line isn't ours (Again) thoroughly disheartening. I hope Oteh and Walker can step up, but it'd not as if we've got in some prospects from non-league, etc.

If they do step up,we will sell them.
Hugill medical on 13:40 - Jul 27 with 6083 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Sorry, not for me. Would love him to prove me wrong but he just doesn't score enough goals. Two average seasons with Preston and hay presto he's a £10 million player.
Hugill medical on 13:47 - Jul 27 with 6032 viewsLblock

Rated him at PNE

Not sure why he didn’t start more games last year for Boro? Perhaps Pullis saw more in Assambolonga

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hugill medical on 14:10 - Jul 27 with 5874 viewskropotkin41

Hugill medical on 13:47 - Jul 27 by Lblock

Rated him at PNE

Not sure why he didn’t start more games last year for Boro? Perhaps Pullis saw more in Assambolonga

Loans or permanent doesn't make much difference this season does it? Score goals, stay up!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hugill medical on 14:51 - Jul 27 with 5630 viewsted_hendrix

Former Chelsea defender Todd Kane is undergoing a medical at QPR ahead of signing on a free transfer.

The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at Championship club Hull. He turned down a new contract at Chelsea this summer, having been at Stamford Bridge since the age of eight.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hugill medical on 14:56 - Jul 27 with 5589 viewspaulparker

He must be on at least 50k a week at West Ham so how much are we paying towards this plus the loan fee , I’d rather we got someone in for the money even if it’s cheap lower league player
I don’t know it all seems like a last minute rush again with hardly any preseason games left to get these players bedded in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hugill medical on 15:05 - Jul 27 with 5547 viewsterryb

Hugill medical on 14:56 - Jul 27 by paulparker

He must be on at least 50k a week at West Ham so how much are we paying towards this plus the loan fee , I’d rather we got someone in for the money even if it’s cheap lower league player
I don’t know it all seems like a last minute rush again with hardly any preseason games left to get these players bedded in

I have read that there is no loan fee & West Ham will be paying 40% of his wages of £33k per week. That would still leave us £20 k p/w to find!

This comes from something called westhamfootball. How factual it is I wouldn't have a clue!
Hugill medical on 15:10 - Jul 27 with 5520 viewstimcocking

Hugill medical on 12:04 - Jul 27 by Hooparoo

Faith is the opposite of fear

I wouldn't know...
Hugill medical on 15:25 - Jul 27 with 5484 viewswood_hoop

Hugill medical on 14:10 - Jul 27 by kropotkin41

Loans or permanent doesn't make much difference this season does it? Score goals, stay up!

I don't quite understand this 'finding hidden gems' in lower leagues, most pro leagues around GB plus Europe are awash with scouts of varying grades, plus the amount of stuff put out on the net, must be almost impossible for any 'protege' to slip through the net unnoticed, yes there will be players that can enhance their playing abilities by moving clubs but that initial spark must be to the fore before 'bigger clubs' start taking an interest and upping the ante.

I was coaching schoolkids for a number of years and had kids (7-11) in my teams 'scouted' by various London clubs,don't think one went on to become a pro.

Once they hit 14-15 years old, they are then showing that just maybe they might be able to go that bit higher.

Scouting is a good thing but with the rewards so high in the game now, you really do need a massive slice of luck to find any young player that hasn't had a good going over by many clubs, if whispers start about .hidden talents'.

We are not even in a position to offer the sort of financial inducements it takes to get 'up and coming' players from lower leagues as plenty of clubs seem to want to go so close to breaking FFP its almost inevitable it will all go 'tits up' one day.

It will be amazing if any club can even get a group of young players to go through the ranks and all come together to beak into the first team at roughly the same time al a 'Class of 92'.

They really did hit pay dirt when that happened, but being one of the biggest, richest, clubs in the world certainly helped, none too many other clubs could come close to inducing their 'proteges' away at that time.

Not now when all the top clubs are virtually signing up players when barely have they got past the nappy rash stage of their lives, and offering zillions to pluck any player in their teens showing the slightest hint of ability from there initial mentoring club.

Our only real way is hoping for a manager that can use his 'sources' in the game to sign players who maybe have been on the treadmill for a while, and for whatever reason don't fit in with their current club but have shown a reasonable standard of ability, and the getting 'on paper' a group of players that maybe not top every ones 'Christmas List' but instills in them the confidence to go out and play week in week out as though their lives depended on it when wearing the hoops.

Lower down the 'skills ladder' it might seem to many, of our crop of signings this summer, but just lets see if MW can press the right buttons before any real castigation will inevitably start if the team don't start off on solid results.

One look at Raheem Sterling shows just how hard it is for or club to keep and use to better our first team, any young players we do have showing signs will surely be tempted to 'bigger clubs' if we keep hovering near the foot of the table, so MW really will be hit with a double edged sword if this season a solid showing is not forth coming.
Hugill medical on 16:32 - Jul 27 with 5221 viewsBakes

Spotted walking into the ground earlier

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Hugill medical on 17:10 - Jul 27 with 5035 viewsrsonist

Hugill medical on 15:05 - Jul 27 by terryb

I have read that there is no loan fee & West Ham will be paying 40% of his wages of £33k per week. That would still leave us £20 k p/w to find!

This comes from something called westhamfootball. How factual it is I wouldn't have a clue!

From a Boro forum recently:

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/8141-the-head-coach-thread/?do=findComment

Jordan Hugill is not on 60k. He is on around 35k. We were paying approx 15k of that. Only reason I know this is because my uni friend works in the analysis department for Preston.

The loan fee is maybe what we should be more worried about. (We still have no idea how much last season's cost us do we?)
Hugill medical on 18:18 - Jul 27 with 4702 viewsLongsufferingR

Hugill medical on 14:56 - Jul 27 by paulparker

Dear me. If you're moaning about today's transfers then I despair, but you do love wallowing in self-pity, don't you.

First, he's on nowhere near £50k. Second, he's a good Championship player with experience. Third, we've signed a decent right back of a good age to overcome the criticisms of Rangel's age. Fourth, we have signed Marc Pugh, who Bournemouth fans loved, on a free, saving us £500k on a fee for Judge, who wouldn't have been as good anyway. Fifth, everybody tries to get their new players in early, but it's not that simple is it?

I've got some tablets that might help you if you want.
Hugill medical on 18:23 - Jul 27 with 4670 viewsdangould

Hugill medical on 18:18 - Jul 27 by LongsufferingR

Dear me. If you're moaning about today's transfers then I despair, but you do love wallowing in self-pity, don't you.

First, he's on nowhere near £50k. Second, he's a good Championship player with experience. Third, we've signed a decent right back of a good age to overcome the criticisms of Rangel's age. Fourth, we have signed Marc Pugh, who Bournemouth fans loved, on a free, saving us £500k on a fee for Judge, who wouldn't have been as good anyway. Fifth, everybody tries to get their new players in early, but it's not that simple is it?

I've got some tablets that might help you if you want.

All true

Poll: Will we finish above Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024