Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane 17:58 - Jul 27 with 5296 viewsBklynRanger

'Kane did not make a first-team appearance for Chelsea but...'

Stop there Todd - no need to apologise.. That makes you a far more acceptable signing. Welcome to a proper team yong maan.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 17:58]
Todd Kane on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 5177 viewsGroveR

I hate the Chel*** with a passion that is religious at times but we've played them 10 times since this kid has been playing football and won - twice? Most of them consider spurs or liverpool bigger rivals than us.
Todd Kane on 18:14 - Jul 27 with 5143 viewsrsonist

Big Toddy Kane will get the job done.
Todd Kane on 18:16 - Jul 27 with 5128 viewsBklynRanger

Todd Kane on 18:08 - Jul 27 by GroveR

I hate the Chel*** with a passion that is religious at times but we've played them 10 times since this kid has been playing football and won - twice? Most of them consider spurs or liverpool bigger rivals than us.

Yeah, all true. But from our side of the grass it's still very much real. Don't realistically expect the lad to care and good luck to him.

Anyway, you never know - three years from now FFP could have perished in the high courts and, under our diligent tutelage, Kane-o will be raking his studs down Ruben Loftus-Cheek's shin.
Todd Kane on 07:38 - Jul 28 with 4484 viewsSirNose

Todd Kane on 18:14 - Jul 27 by rsonist

Big Toddy Kane will get the job done.

Song was 👎🏻
Todd Kane on 08:27 - Jul 28 with 4371 views18StoneOfHoop

Todd Kane on 07:38 - Jul 28 by SirNose

Song was 👎🏻

Bridge besmirched kid? I do hope not.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Todd Kane on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 4251 viewshoopdog

He may not have made a 1st team ap , and I hate Chelsea more than most but they are a top side loaded with top players so surely he's got to be decent been there a long time and was offered a new deal , he decided leave
Todd Kane on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 4214 viewsfrancisbowles

Todd Kane on 09:28 - Jul 28 by hoopdog

He may not have made a 1st team ap , and I hate Chelsea more than most but they are a top side loaded with top players so surely he's got to be decent been there a long time and was offered a new deal , he decided leave

hoopdog, where did you read he was offered a new deal but chose to leave?
Todd Kane on 09:54 - Jul 28 with 4174 viewsspencer

I read that some...plus read this from another QPR site.

Former Chelsea youth captain Todd Kane signs with QPR

After 17 years, countless loans, multiple accolades, a few key injuries, and one Champions League final trip, former Chelsea youth prospect and captain Todd Kane ended his association with the club earlier this summer by opting to not sign a new contract. Instead, the 25-year-old decided to test the market and today, has landed himself a three-year contract with nearby QPR.

The R’s confirmed the move on their website, with new manager Mark Warburton, formerly of also nearby Brentford and one of the key men behind the NextGen Series, which prompted UEFA to create the U19 Youth League, expressing his delight at the arrival of the marauding full back.

“Todd is a player who I’ve watched right throughout the academy system. He joined Chelsea at a young age and I watched his performances for Hull last season, where he showed his qualities as an attack-minded and technically-gifted full-back. He has a real desire to play the game with intensity, so we’re delighted to see him join us.”

-Mark Warburton; source: QPR FC
Like many of our favorite youth prospects, Kane joined Chelsea at the under-8 level just after the turn of the millennium, but despite excelling and impressing at every level and even joining the traveling squad for the 2012 Champions League final in Munich as reward for winning the FA Youth Cup, he never quite managed to get over the hurdle of the Chelsea first-team.

FC Bayern Muenchen v Chelsea FC - UEFA Champions League Final
Nathaniel Chalobah, Todd Kane, Jamal Blackman on May 19, 2012 Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images
The closest he came was probably in 2016, when he looked likely to leverage an excellent season on loan at NEC Nijmegen into a squad spot under incoming head coach Antonio Conte. But Kane suffered a torn ACL on the final day of the Eredivisie season, spent the next season on the sidelines and was still feeling the effects two seasons later, as it often tends to be the case with that terrible injury. (Meanwhile, Conte repurposed Victor Moses as a marauding right wing-back. One can only speculate how well Kane could’ve fit that role at least as a backup or rotational option.)

A True Blue through and through, Kane once would’ve been happy to sign a 10-year contract with Chelsea. Alas, football is a harsh business sometimes.

Kane will be turning 26 in September and is coming off of a solid season on loan at Hull City in the Championship. He previously spent time at Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest, NEC Nijmegen, Groningen, and Oxford United.

At QPR, he will be expected to replace Darnell Furlong, who moved to Championship promotion hopefuls West Brom earlier in the week. QPR finished towards the other end of the second division table last season and will be looking to improve on that.

Good luck, Todd!
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 4117 viewsrsonist

Todd Kane on 09:39 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

hoopdog, where did you read he was offered a new deal but chose to leave?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/todd-kane-chase-may-lead-to-frank-lampard-con

Think it was originally reported here as an aside. Hard to say whether it was because Lampard thought he might actually play him or if the club just wanted to milk him for loan fees until he retired.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 10:09]
Todd Kane on 23:54 - Jul 28 with 3822 viewsSirNose

Todd Kane on 08:27 - Jul 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

Bridge besmirched kid? I do hope not.

Always thought this was his worst song
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 23:56]
Todd Kane on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 3521 viewsaston_hoop

Todd Kane on 23:54 - Jul 28 by SirNose

Always thought this was his worst song
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 23:56]

If he isn't recreating this image for the club photoshoot, is it even worth signing him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Todd Kane on 15:04 - Jul 29 with 3280 viewsrsonist

Todd Kane on 07:38 - Jul 28 by SirNose

Song was 👎🏻

You're not wrong. Crap gags no endorsement.

I suppose we can always chant Warm It Up Kane whenever he's preparing to come on as sub.
Todd Kane on 03:36 - Jul 30 with 3057 viewsSirNose

Todd Kane on 15:04 - Jul 29 by rsonist

You're not wrong. Crap gags no endorsement.

I suppose we can always chant Warm It Up Kane whenever he's preparing to come on as sub.

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:51]
Todd Kane on 07:11 - Jul 30 with 2951 views18StoneOfHoop

" A True Blue through and through.." dread phrase.

I suggest he comes in on his day off for intense deprogramming sessions.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Todd Kane on 07:33 - Jul 30 with 2899 viewsHooparoo

Todd Kane on 07:11 - Jul 30 by 18StoneOfHoop

" A True Blue through and through.." dread phrase.

I suggest he comes in on his day off for intense deprogramming sessions.

Nothing that a cattle prod and a rubber glove can’t fix 😳

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Todd Kane on 08:58 - Jul 30 with 2824 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Todd Kane on 16:00 - Jul 30 with 2630 viewsDavieQPR

Or a trip on the Central Line.
Todd Kane on 16:46 - Jul 30 with 2567 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm worried. Todd Kane I'm sure is a high school jock/bully who treats his beautiful, sensitive girlfriend like crap and pushes nerds around. His Dad is also uber-strict, so there's that side to him. The coach of the gridiron team bullies him a bit too. He'll break down in tears at the QPR prom, his girlfriend will leave him for lovely lad Amos, but another girl will see beyond it all and help rehabilitate him.

Bare bones.

Todd Kane on 20:37 - Jul 30 with 2387 viewsBklynRanger

Todd Kane on 16:46 - Jul 30 by Antti_Heinola

I'm worried. Todd Kane I'm sure is a high school jock/bully who treats his beautiful, sensitive girlfriend like crap and pushes nerds around. His Dad is also uber-strict, so there's that side to him. The coach of the gridiron team bullies him a bit too. He'll break down in tears at the QPR prom, his girlfriend will leave him for lovely lad Amos, but another girl will see beyond it all and help rehabilitate him.

Under the careful tutelage of his new squeeze, Daphne, Todd will blossom emotionally, including a moving scene at a local diving hole where he tearfully admits that he is dyslexic, and therefore is indeed the individual responsible for various mis-spelled epithets strewn around White City.

Daphne, she of heaving bosom and excessive do-goodery, will persuade Todd to confide in Coach Banfield who, being of the old school, will immediately cut Todd from the team-squad roster.

This will prompt another moving scene wherein each of his fellow seniors, led by team captain and All-American JimBob Cameroon, lines up to lay their soccer-field jersey on Coach Banfield's desk requesting that Todd be allowed to suit up for the final game of the schedule-season against the West Bromwich Bald Brunmies. Banfield will give in, all seething with cigar smoke and big-bellied good naturedness, and the Toddster will make the game tying block that secures a world record 14th place for The Rangers that season-year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024