Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury in bother 16:10 - Jul 28 with 3266 viewsozranger

I think many of us can relate to this..

and especially some of the comments
Bury in bother on 16:23 - Jul 28 with 3206 viewsloftboy

Their manager and half their squad has gone to Plymouth, I reckon they’ll get expelled, verily sad state of affairs.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bury in bother on 16:29 - Jul 28 with 3197 viewsNorthernr

Bury in bother on 16:23 - Jul 28 by loftboy

Their manager and half their squad has gone to Plymouth, I reckon they’ll get expelled, verily sad state of affairs.

Owner passed the league's fit and proper person test not even 18 months ago.
Bury in bother on 16:43 - Jul 28 with 3168 viewsted_hendrix

Drove past Notts County's ground last week, looks like a derelict and closed out of business 'Poundsaver' shop.

Sign of the times I guess but sad all the same.

You've either got vast amounts of wealth or you aint.

£££££££££££££££

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bury in bother on 17:14 - Jul 28 with 3080 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bury in bother on 16:43 - Jul 28 by ted_hendrix

Drove past Notts County's ground last week, looks like a derelict and closed out of business 'Poundsaver' shop.

£££££££££££££££

How long ago was it since they had Sven in charge and Sol Campbell playing for them. There is something very rotten about football these days.

The grass is always greener.

Bury in bother on 17:42 - Jul 28 with 3017 viewsisawqpratwcity

For those (like me) who need a bit more background...

Financial crisis in 2019
Businessman Steve Dale bought the club in December 2018[33] and, in February 2019, paid an outstanding tax bill in full to avoid a HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) winding-up order.[34] Nevertheless, financial issues resurfaced on 2 April 2019 when the club said "unforeseen circumstances have led to interim internal financial restrictions".[35] Staff and players had not received their March salaries on time but the club committed to resolve the issues as soon as possible. When the problems arose, Bury had been unbeaten in fourteen league matches but they then lost two home games in four days, leaving themselves third in League Two with seven games remaining.[36] An additional problem arose when former head coach Chris Brass, claiming to be a creditor of the club, issued a winding-up petition to be heard in the High Court on 10 April 2019.[37]

The club's situation caused "extreme concern" at the EFL and there was some doubt about whether the home game against Colchester United on 13 April could be played (it was, Bury winning 2—0). On 12 April, a club statement said the outstanding wage bill would be settled, by agreement with players and staff, within the next seven days. Meanwhile, the winding-up petition was adjourned until 15 May (after the end of the league season); in addition to the amount claimed by Chris Brass, HMRC were claiming approximately £277,000.[38]

On 25 April, Dale admitted that the club's financial issues had been "far in excess" of what he understood when he took over. He placed the club on the open market, saying £1.6m was needed to pay wages, HMRC and pensions to the end of May, with only £180,000 income expected during that period.[39] A winding-up petition hearing at the High Court on 19 June 2019 was adjourned for six weeks, until Wednesday, 31 July, to allow additional time for a potential sale.[40] In order to secure the club's future, Dale proposed a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) to ensure payment of the club's football creditors in full while unsecured creditors including HMRC would receive 25% of monies owed. This was approved by the creditors on 18 July 2019. Under EFL rules, a CVA is an insolvency event and left the club liable to a 12-point deduction ahead of the 2019—20 league season. The team's preparation for the new season was further impacted by the loss of manager Ryan Lowe and several members of the first team squad.[41]

On 25 July 2019, the EFL sought further details on how Bury would satisfy the CVA; failure to provide proof of the club's financial viability could result in it being expelled from the EFL.[42] The crisis deepened the following day when the EFL said it would suspend the club's opening league match of the 2019—20 season (scheduled for Saturday, 3 August against MK Dons at Gigg Lane) unless proof of financial viability could be provided before noon on Monday, 29 July.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_F.C.#Financial_crisis_in_2019

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bury in bother on 17:51 - Jul 28 with 2972 viewsClive_Anderson

Bury in bother on 16:29 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Owner passed the league's fit and proper person test not even 18 months ago.

I thought he failed it and they let him buy them anyway, which is even more ridiculous.
Bury in bother on 17:53 - Jul 28 with 2967 viewsClive_Anderson

Bury in bother on 16:43 - Jul 28 by ted_hendrix

£££££££££££££££

It was all owned by their trust and they sold it for £1 to someone pretending to be a billionaire.
Bury in bother on 18:06 - Jul 28 with 2921 viewsNorthernr

Bury in bother on 17:51 - Jul 28 by Clive_Anderson

I thought he failed it and they let him buy them anyway, which is even more ridiculous.

Shaun Harvey's governance of the football league is borderline criminal - just as his spells as CEO at Bradford and Leeds were. Three administrations between them while he was there. He's a dangerously incompetent, potentially highly corruptible, executive and the FL will spend the next 15 years reaping the rewards of his oversight.

You've got clubs of 120 years Football League membership like Coventry, Bury, Bolton, Birmingham and others handed over to complete chancers, waved through the 'fit and proper' test. Blackpool run into the ground by a convicted rapist, but the co-owner that actually wanted to take it off him and run it properly disqualified because of a dodgy Latvian court CCJ in his distant past.

FL Trophy destroyed.

League Cup a laughing stock.

League One starts next season with two clubs on -12, with one contracted player between them.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury in bother on 18:30 - Jul 28 with 2835 viewsClive_Anderson

Had a look at Shaun Harvey's "CV".

A job at an insurance company, followed by an administration job at Farsley Celtic F.C. Then he made a total hash out of jobs at Bradford and Leeds before magically becoming chief executive of the English Football League. Why the hell did they choose him?

Weird looking bloke as well.
Bury in bother on 18:35 - Jul 28 with 2812 viewsNorthernr

Bury in bother on 18:30 - Jul 28 by Clive_Anderson

A job at an insurance company, followed by an administration job at Farsley Celtic F.C. Then he made a total hash out of jobs at Bradford and Leeds before magically becoming chief executive of the English Football League. Why the hell did they choose him?

One of several 'long reads' we put together on him...

Bert Millichip’s ball bag — Preview 22nd Aug 2017 08:24
As QPR prepare to host Brentford in a League Cup tie that was originally announced as an away game, the Football League has stepped things up in a seemingly relentless quest to devalue the competition. 5

Bury in bother on 23:38 - Jul 28 with 2416 viewsw7r

Bury in bother on 18:30 - Jul 28 by Clive_Anderson

You really have to question how these waste of skin cases get these plum gigs.
Bury in bother on 23:58 - Jul 28 with 2396 viewsBoston

Bury in bother on 17:14 - Jul 28 by Esox_Lucius

How long ago was it since they had Sven in charge and Sol Campbell playing for them. There is something very rotten about football these days.

Nah, we just preferred the old school criminality.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bury in bother on 01:58 - Jul 29 with 2345 viewstimcocking

Depressing.

It's seems there is little solidarity amongst clubs. They all seem to take the attitude 'let's hope we can avoid the sh!t and get lucky and it happens to somebody else'.

The way things are now, though, surely the writing is on the wall for loads of teams? You'd think they'd be trying to do more to get a slightly larger share of the pie so all clubs have the opportunity at least to survive. I can't see it'll help English football long term if we end up with only one league.

Greedy fcuks.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 4:22]
Bury in bother on 14:35 - Jul 29 with 2060 viewsTonto

Bury in bother on 01:58 - Jul 29 by timcocking

Depressing.

It's seems there is little solidarity amongst clubs. They all seem to take the attitude 'let's hope we can avoid the sh!t and get lucky and it happens to somebody else'.

The way things are now, though, surely the writing is on the wall for loads of teams? You'd think they'd be trying to do more to get a slightly larger share of the pie so all clubs have the opportunity at least to survive. I can't see it'll help English football long term if we end up with only one league.

Greedy fcuks.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 4:22]

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, with the Premier League being run by the FA, not the Football League, the chances of getting a large piece of said pie are very low. We already see the current levels subject to the PL clubs using it as bait to trap lower league clubs into doing everything the PL clubs want - the youth football transfers being the most obvious and odious example.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Bury in bother on 18:49 - Jul 29 with 1933 viewsloftboy

Looks like Bolton are still fûcked as well.

Bury in bother on 18:58 - Jul 29 with 1911 viewsRangersDave

Bury in bother on 18:49 - Jul 29 by loftboy

Looks like Bolton are still fûcked as well.

Both clubs have missed the 5pm deadline.
Meanwhile Bale will get how much a week?

The game is shyte!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bury in bother on 19:37 - Jul 29 with 1840 viewskensalriser

Bury in bother on 18:58 - Jul 29 by RangersDave

The game is shyte!

Same as he's been getting, stuck at Madrid now!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bury in bother on 19:40 - Jul 29 with 1834 viewsQPR_John

Bury in bother on 14:35 - Jul 29 by Tonto

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, with the Premier League being run by the FA, not the Football League, the chances of getting a large piece of said pie are very low. We already see the current levels subject to the PL clubs using it as bait to trap lower league clubs into doing everything the PL clubs want - the youth football transfers being the most obvious and odious example.

" with the Premier League being run by the FA,"

I think that should read with the FA being run by the Premier League
Bury in bother on 20:30 - Jul 29 with 1772 viewsstowmarketrange

Bury in bother on 18:58 - Jul 29 by RangersDave

The game is shyte!

What a cruel and unfair sport this has become.Clubs go bust owing sometimes less than 1 average premier league player earns in a week.
Never has it been so unfair,and it will only get worse in the future.
Bury in bother on 23:54 - Jul 29 with 1603 viewsRassilon

According to the BBC website, Bury's game has been suspended.
Bolton are still scheduled to play Saturday, as the FL have accepted their takeover is going through.
Bury in bother on 07:46 - Jul 30 with 1518 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think it's a case of the bigger club also Ken Anderson and Harvey pally aren't they? Allegedly
Bury in bother on 08:12 - Jul 30 with 1488 viewsLowerloftLad

man city had being paying for bury training ground for the past couple of season's

the west ham owners have put 25mill into bolton to try and help them out

i do think that these bigger clubs would stay home for more friendlys to help some of these clubs out

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bury in bother on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 1374 viewsloftboy

The PFA have lent Bolton 2 million quid, how many times have they bailed them out now?

Bury in bother on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 1150 viewsozranger

Sorry to bring this up again, but it appears that the EFL are doing their best to either "take no chances" with Bury or to destroy them. I'll leave it to you to decide. There have been two statements by the new Chairman, both quite damning - first the EFL and then the trolls. Quite something.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/statement-from-chairman/

For context: https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/efl-statement/

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/chairmans-statement-after-todays-court-h
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024