Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? 05:52 - Jul 30 with 7028 views18StoneOfHoop

Dave Clement or David Bardsley?
Or anyone else you care to mention.

Clement died in March 1982 at the age of 34. Suffering from depression, he committed suicide by poisoning himself with weedkiller.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 6:45]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 06:28 - Jul 30 with 4734 viewsloftboy

Boswinga!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 06:39 - Jul 30 with 4719 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bardsley the best, but Big Nut my favourite!

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 08:27 - Jul 30 with 4618 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bardsley is the best I've seen. I was too young for Clement.

Respect to Mr Bignot too who did a great job as well and always gave 100% in his 172 games. (I wondered how many he played so just looked it up)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 08:30 - Jul 30 with 4611 viewsQPR_Jim

Kyle Walker, he was fantastic for us on loan.

Other than that due to my age Bardsley will always be the best and Bignot a firm favourite too.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 08:52 - Jul 30 with 4560 viewssmegma

Dave Clement is the best right back I have ever seen. It was always going to be having see him score in my first ever QPR game.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 09:00 - Jul 30 with 4545 viewsElHoop

Both were very good indeed. I'll side with Clement as I think that he was a bit bigger and stronger than Bardsley and that was important in that 70's side as the two centre backs weren't over-big, so Clement and Gillard being solidly built gave the back 4 enough physicality in a tough era.

Others worth a mention include Don Shanks who was Clement's understudy for a while and who was himself a bit of a legend through his antics with Stan. Also Warren Neill who formed part of the home produced 1-4 of the early 80's - Hucker, Neill, Dawes, Waddock. You don't hear too much about those guys these days.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 09:40 - Jul 30 with 4476 viewssmegma

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 09:00 - Jul 30 by ElHoop

Both were very good indeed. I'll side with Clement as I think that he was a bit bigger and stronger than Bardsley and that was important in that 70's side as the two centre backs weren't over-big, so Clement and Gillard being solidly built gave the back 4 enough physicality in a tough era.

Others worth a mention include Don Shanks who was Clement's understudy for a while and who was himself a bit of a legend through his antics with Stan. Also Warren Neill who formed part of the home produced 1-4 of the early 80's - Hucker, Neill, Dawes, Waddock. You don't hear too much about those guys these days.

Warren Neill interviewed in the Watford programme on Saturday. He once made a cup of tea but I declined.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 4468 viewsNW10Hoop

David Bardsley was one of my favourite players when I was a kid. Felt like we had the best right back in the country at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 4409 viewsGalileo

Am I right in thinking Macca began his career at right back ? Seem to recall him booting a few balls out over SAR stand in his early days.

Bit too young to appreciate Clement.
Bardsley was supreme.
Honorary mentions to Warren Neil for holding down the position for a few years and Bardley Orr, a vital cog in the promotion winning team.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 10:46 - Jul 30 with 4372 viewsqpr1976

Paul Parker ?
RB before moving more central.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 10:50 - Jul 30 with 4370 viewsloftboy

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 10:46 - Jul 30 by qpr1976

Paul Parker ?
RB before moving more central.

He was always central for us, it was Ferguson that moved him to right back

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 10:59 - Jul 30 with 4338 viewsstevec

Dave Clement for me.
Bardsley second.

Kyle Walker excellent too but too short term to challenge the above.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:00 - Jul 30 with 4332 viewsTheChef

John Curtis, obviously.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 4325 viewsAddinall

Anyone still remember Pat Woods?
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:04 - Jul 30 with 4317 viewsquickpassrotter

Bardsley was an outstanding right back - absolutely brilliant.

However, Dave Clement was undoubtedly our best right back, and one of the best full backs that I have seen play at top level football. A fantastic athlete - pace and acceleration, great crosser of the ball, an eye for goal, great defending and excellent in the air. Hard as nails.
What a player.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:21 - Jul 30 with 4281 viewsrsonist

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 08:30 - Jul 30 by QPR_Jim

Kyle Walker, he was fantastic for us on loan.

Other than that due to my age Bardsley will always be the best and Bignot a firm favourite too.

For all the titles and international caps and £50m fees I honestly don't think Walker has improved at all in the time since he was with us.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:31 - Jul 30 with 4257 viewsflynnbo

A special mention must also go to Bradley Orr for allegedly pinning Terry up against a wall following his racist comments to Anton Ferdinand.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 4250 viewsPunteR

I think danny simpson is worth a mention. Just for his sliding tackle with his head alone. I still cant fathom why Redknap sold him.?

Bardsley for me. Never saw Clement.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 11:38]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 4241 viewslongbottom

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:04 - Jul 30 by quickpassrotter

Bardsley was an outstanding right back - absolutely brilliant.

However, Dave Clement was undoubtedly our best right back, and one of the best full backs that I have seen play at top level football. A fantastic athlete - pace and acceleration, great crosser of the ball, an eye for goal, great defending and excellent in the air. Hard as nails.
What a player.

Could not put it better myself. You rightly emphasized his athleticism and that was the essence of the man.
Now remind me how many England caps he won. FFS.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:40 - Jul 30 with 4231 viewsBostonR

Watch them both play - both very good players.

Clement gets my vote. Played in a fantastic team and if he was around today he would be playing for one of the top four premier league teams. He had everything a full-back needs.

Apart from his outstanding technical ability he was as "hard as nails". I cannot recall ever seeing him get "done" by a winger or forward. Fantastic player!
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:42 - Jul 30 with 4224 viewsTonto

I only saw Clement play once so would be Bardsley for me based on what I saw. Having said that in his first season at QPR Bards was a bit of a boo boy. In a typical QPR way he was berated for every mistake.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 12:18 - Jul 30 with 4156 viewsDavieQPR

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:02 - Jul 30 by Addinall

Anyone still remember Pat Woods?

Remember him. Emigrated to Australia. Although seem to remember he was LB to Tony Inghams RB.
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 12:22 - Jul 30 with 4143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm old enough to have seen Clement play, but too young to appreciate him.

Bardsley was sheer class. No-one since has come close.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 12:46 - Jul 30 with 4114 viewswestberksr

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:35 - Jul 30 by PunteR

I think danny simpson is worth a mention. Just for his sliding tackle with his head alone. I still cant fathom why Redknap sold him.?

Bardsley for me. Never saw Clement.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 11:38]

Simpson currently without a club, amazing really
2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 12:52 - Jul 30 with 4103 viewsloftboy

2 is the magic number. Who is QPR's greatest-ever right-back? on 11:31 - Jul 30 by flynnbo

A special mention must also go to Bradley Orr for allegedly pinning Terry up against a wall following his racist comments to Anton Ferdinand.

He actually thumped him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024