Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New goal kick rule in action 12:19 - Jul 30 with 6837 viewsrsonist

Wonder if it's having any bearing on MW's preparations.

New goal kick rule in action on 12:22 - Jul 30 with 5321 viewsLongsufferingR

No idea about his preparations but it's already having a distinct bearing on my nerves.
New goal kick rule in action on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 5265 viewsozexile

Some people on that thread said that the ref shoukd have stopped play. Supposedly not allowed.
New goal kick rule in action on 12:36 - Jul 30 with 5254 viewsrsonist

New goal kick rule in action on 12:22 - Jul 30 by LongsufferingR

No idea about his preparations but it's already having a distinct bearing on my nerves.

Plan A is our master. We have been chosen.
New goal kick rule in action on 13:09 - Jul 30 with 5132 viewsloftboy

Going to be some time wasting whilst the keeper points out the forward is 3 inches inside the box

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New goal kick rule in action on 16:51 - Jul 30 with 4907 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 12:34 - Jul 30 by ozexile

Some people on that thread said that the ref shoukd have stopped play. Supposedly not allowed.

Not surprised!
New goal kick rule in action on 16:55 - Jul 30 with 4895 viewsPinnerPaul

Under old law, attackers could obviously strand close to defender receiving the ball (outside PA), now they have got be outside the area and if a fk, also 10 yards away.

This, in theory gives receiving defender more space and time - however, it seems to benefit the attackers as they can close down defenders closer to the goal line.

It was introduced to combat the (allegedly) often used tactic of playing the ball inside the PA, thus forcing a retake and wasting time.

NEVER seen it myself but ho hum!
New goal kick rule in action on 17:01 - Jul 30 with 4878 viewssmegma

New goal kick rule in action on 16:55 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Under old law, attackers could obviously strand close to defender receiving the ball (outside PA), now they have got be outside the area and if a fk, also 10 yards away.

This, in theory gives receiving defender more space and time - however, it seems to benefit the attackers as they can close down defenders closer to the goal line.

It was introduced to combat the (allegedly) often used tactic of playing the ball inside the PA, thus forcing a retake and wasting time.

NEVER seen it myself but ho hum!

Watching preseason games at all levels I wondered whether the opposition could even stand inside the box so thanks for clearing it up. I understand why it's been changed to a degree but like yourself I cannot recall the last time I saw the team in possession intercept the ball inside the box thus wasting time.
New goal kick rule in action on 17:05 - Jul 30 with 4860 viewsPinnerPaul

and wouldn't you know it - someone has already come up with a way to 'cheat' or at least 'gain an advantage'

Login to get fewer ads

New goal kick rule in action on 17:06 - Jul 30 with 4859 viewsDavieQPR

You have also got the bit where attackers can't join a defensive wall unless it has less than 3 players in it. Can Championship refs count up to 3?
New goal kick rule in action on 17:12 - Jul 30 with 4844 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can you imagine if we still had Rob Green with this new rule.
New goal kick rule in action on 17:22 - Jul 30 with 4793 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 17:06 - Jul 30 by DavieQPR

You have also got the bit where attackers can't join a defensive wall unless it has less than 3 players in it. Can Championship refs count up to 3?

Wrong way round Davie!

They can NOT join wall if it has 3 or more players in it!
New goal kick rule in action on 17:32 - Jul 30 with 4756 viewsNorthernr

New goal kick rule in action on 17:22 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Wrong way round Davie!

Happy little farces to come where players from both teams run in and out trying to join walls late.
New goal kick rule in action on 17:42 - Jul 30 with 4730 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 17:32 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Happy little farces to come where players from both teams run in and out trying to join walls late.

On the 'trick' posted above - it seems no one can agree if that's allowed or not!

Danish FA say no, Dutch FA say yes and unconfirmed reports say IFAB say OK, also PGMOL also 'happy'

Not allowing at the lower levels seems to be the general consensus of opinion on 'Ref Chat'

As you said in relation to Sin Bins, football seems to have come up with the knack of making the beautiful game ever more complicated!
New goal kick rule in action on 17:54 - Jul 30 with 4698 viewsNorthernr

New goal kick rule in action on 17:12 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can you imagine if we still had Rob Green with this new rule.

Might have benefited him as most of his goalkicks struggled to reach the edge of the box.
New goal kick rule in action on 17:57 - Jul 30 with 4692 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New goal kick rule in action on 17:42 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

On the 'trick' posted above - it seems no one can agree if that's allowed or not!

Danish FA say no, Dutch FA say yes and unconfirmed reports say IFAB say OK, also PGMOL also 'happy'

Not allowing at the lower levels seems to be the general consensus of opinion on 'Ref Chat'

As you said in relation to Sin Bins, football seems to have come up with the knack of making the beautiful game ever more complicated!

ELO say everybody all over the world is going to feel tonight.
New goal kick rule in action on 02:06 - Jul 31 with 4343 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New goal kick rule in action on 17:22 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Wrong way round Davie!

Isn't that the same thing?
New goal kick rule in action on 09:31 - Jul 31 with 4173 viewsfrancisbowles

New goal kick rule in action on 17:42 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

So what would/could be the reason for not allowing it?
New goal kick rule in action on 09:40 - Jul 31 with 4153 viewsLongsufferingR

New goal kick rule in action on 09:31 - Jul 31 by francisbowles

I wonder if it's to do with it being a manufactured situation rather than a natural passage of play. I remember when they brought in the back pass rule, it was not permitted if, for instance, the defender got down on his knees to head the ball back to the keeper.

Or it could just be that nobody knows what the fcuk is going on.
New goal kick rule in action on 09:42 - Jul 31 with 4150 viewsOldPedro

Can one of the refs on here give us a summary of all the rule changes this season?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

New goal kick rule in action on 10:14 - Jul 31 with 4119 viewsLongsufferingR

New goal kick rule in action on 09:42 - Jul 31 by OldPedro

Can one of the refs on here give us a summary of all the rule changes this season?

Yes - basically anything that was simple about the game previously is now no longer so. Also, anything about the game that provided enjoyment has been removed or will be removed in the near future.
New goal kick rule in action on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 4034 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 02:06 - Jul 31 by Benny_the_Ball

Isn't that the same thing?

Yep, my mistake - never trust a ref!
New goal kick rule in action on 11:52 - Jul 31 with 4032 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 09:31 - Jul 31 by francisbowles

It could be seen as a 'trick' like lying on the floor to head the ball back to GK.

That would be seen as 'circumventing the law' and would be a caution.
New goal kick rule in action on 12:01 - Jul 31 with 4025 viewsPinnerPaul

New goal kick rule in action on 09:42 - Jul 31 by OldPedro

I did earlier in the summer, but will have another go

1) Players being subbed can be made to leave by nearest touchline
2) GKs and FKs in the pen area are in play as soon as kicked. EG Can be played again inside area
3) Drop balls go to side who had the ball when play stopped - none of this I'll kick it back nonsense
4) Ball hits ref and changes possession its a drop ball back to team who kicked the ball
5) Handball - attackers - its handball if they gain an advantage from ball hitting them - doesn't have to be deliberate. Defenders - its complicated but anything that makes body unnaturally bigger is handball. Of course, if deliberate its still handball whatever
6) No attackers in wall of 3 or more - have to be 1m away
7) Team who wins toss can kick off or choose ends

More technical and or obscure changes that will never turn up and praise be offside has been left alone!

IFAB website has all the changes and a PDF of the laws for the really committed!
New goal kick rule in action on 12:39 - Jul 31 with 3969 viewsfrancisbowles

New goal kick rule in action on 11:52 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

It could be seen as a 'trick' like lying on the floor to head the ball back to GK.

That would be seen as 'circumventing the law' and would be a caution.

Ah, circumventing the law! Now that opens up a 'can of worms' but don't worry I won't go there as it could go on a bit...... ha ha!

Thanks Pinner
New goal kick rule in action on 12:47 - Jul 31 with 3956 viewsEsox_Lucius

"6) No attackers in wall of 3 or more - have to be 1m away " I take this to mean any member of the opposing team, am I correct?

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024