Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? 23:00 - Jul 30 with 5911 viewsbosh67

Very little news on Mass at the moment. Lined up for sale and with 24 hours to go seemingly very little interest in him. Only Forest on the public radar.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:14 - Jul 30 with 3486 viewssmegma

He took part in the trading session yesterday at the open day. First time I've seen him in months
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:17 - Jul 30 with 3469 viewsdaveB

window closes next thursday
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:35 - Jul 30 with 3422 viewsHooparoo

Let’s keep him. It’s a long season

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 00:45 - Jul 31 with 3313 viewsLoftgirl

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:17 - Jul 30 by daveB

Slams shut.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 02:45 - Jul 31 with 3228 viewstimcocking

So shitty.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 07:39 - Jul 31 with 3019 viewsLblock

The fact there’s not a disorderly queue of clubs wanting his signature speaks volumes for me.

Another big money signing that’ll be a loss for us.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:01 - Jul 31 with 2949 viewsGloucs_R

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 07:39 - Jul 31 by Lblock

The fact there’s not a disorderly queue of clubs wanting his signature speaks volumes for me.

Another big money signing that’ll be a loss for us.

Or maybe there is but they aren't willing to pay£3-4m. Which is what I reckon we are currently doing for. He'll go, probably for£2m on transfer deadline day.

Also, we can still sell players after our transfer window closes.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:17 - Jul 31 with 2900 viewsLythamR

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:01 - Jul 31 by Gloucs_R

Or maybe there is but they aren't willing to pay£3-4m. Which is what I reckon we are currently doing for. He'll go, probably for£2m on transfer deadline day.

Also, we can still sell players after our transfer window closes.

Still waiting for one of the Chinese clubs to Swoop in for him perhaps ?
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:37 - Jul 31 with 2846 viewsmakaveli1882

Regardless of what happens the Club has treated him like a caant, if he still here when the window shuts he wont be match fit so bit of a waste ... having said that doubt he will be here and some over club with get him on loan.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:42 - Jul 31 with 2820 viewsterryb

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:17 - Jul 30 by daveB

Only for The Premier & The Championship.

It doesn't in Europe & loans (at least) are still available for EFL one & two clubs until September.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:49 - Jul 31 with 2796 viewsmakaveli1882

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:42 - Jul 31 by terryb

Only for The Premier & The Championship.

It doesn't in Europe & loans (at least) are still available for EFL one & two clubs until September.

Forest green may be interested then
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:50 - Jul 31 with 2794 viewsrunningman75

With lack of pre-season games even if he stays he will be a liability early in the season exactly like after sitting on the bench at the World cup. Good player but confidence player. Wonder if no offers come he will be properly managed.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:59 - Jul 31 with 2770 viewshoopdog

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 08:50 - Jul 31 by runningman75

With lack of pre-season games even if he stays he will be a liability early in the season exactly like after sitting on the bench at the World cup. Good player but confidence player. Wonder if no offers come he will be properly managed.

Yep just like he was when returned from sunning himself on the bench in the middle East last winter
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:01 - Jul 31 with 2762 viewsNorthernr

Answer of sorts in the interview I posted earlier.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:25 - Jul 31 with 2677 viewsDavieQPR

Well I hope we do sell him and use the money for a position where we need cover. Far too inconsistent for me. Unfortunately the Forest hoover seems to be broken and some people here might rate him but it seems no one else does.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 2600 viewsdaveB

I'm sure he'll go and we'll all lose our shit when we guess the undisclosed fee
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 10:12 - Jul 31 with 2535 viewsstevec

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:47 - Jul 31 by daveB

I'm sure he'll go and we'll all lose our shit when we guess the undisclosed fee

A fee?

Lee Hoos is good but he ain't that good.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 10:14 - Jul 31 with 2525 viewsmakaveli1882

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:01 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Could not open link (work ban) spill the beans
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 11:23 - Jul 31 with 2413 viewsFDC

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:01 - Jul 31 by Northernr

When you pressed him into saying we'd presumably see him in the team were he not to be sold, he replied "let's see what happens in the next few days", which I took to mean "he's almost certainly off somewhere" -- is that what you took that to mean?

As an interviewee he comes across as an unusual mix of straight-talking and politician-like, but quite considered in both cases, which at least makes him an unusually engaging listen.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:23 - Jul 31 with 2083 viewsnumptydumpty

I have never myself had any issues with this player - he is a solid performer at this level - we seem to have much better stats when he in team as opposed to not - and methinks he is one of those players that his contributions to the overall team performance go unnoticed on a good day and seem highly visible on a bad day...

His longer absences due to international committments I feel perhaps put off a lot of potential suitors but me myself think he is a decent player and for the minimal amounts we would receive for him - its worth keeping as a squad player - maybe more.

I unsure sometimes where fans think we are as a club when such a player is not deemed solid enough even as a squad player where from where I have been viewing he seems a reasonable team member - ok he aint scholes, keane, beckham all rolled into one and he is never going to be your freeman type of midfielder but I think he is a player who is one of those that qpr fans really like to have a moan about

Previous times - a Karl Henry type or from times gone by perhaps a Simon Barker or perhaps other clubs type whipping biy but you not know why - ie Scott Parker.

Reasonable players and sometimes the glue that enables the more expansive players to prosper

I dont mind if he stays but hos loyalty has been tested and I would not blame the guy if he wasnt exactly willing to play ball for us if indeed he is not picked up because for a loyal servant of a few years now he has been treated shoddily by this club. The other players left behind were Goss and Wheeler - neither have really featured at all but in my eyes Mass has been disrepected by the clubs hierarchy so becasue of that he needs to go but ordinarily myself - I would have been very pleased if he had remianed in our squad even if others brought in more favoured for selection.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 00:01 - Aug 1 with 2012 viewsLythamR

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:23 - Jul 31 by numptydumpty

I have never myself had any issues with this player - he is a solid performer at this level - we seem to have much better stats when he in team as opposed to not - and methinks he is one of those players that his contributions to the overall team performance go unnoticed on a good day and seem highly visible on a bad day...

His longer absences due to international committments I feel perhaps put off a lot of potential suitors but me myself think he is a decent player and for the minimal amounts we would receive for him - its worth keeping as a squad player - maybe more.

I unsure sometimes where fans think we are as a club when such a player is not deemed solid enough even as a squad player where from where I have been viewing he seems a reasonable team member - ok he aint scholes, keane, beckham all rolled into one and he is never going to be your freeman type of midfielder but I think he is a player who is one of those that qpr fans really like to have a moan about

Previous times - a Karl Henry type or from times gone by perhaps a Simon Barker or perhaps other clubs type whipping biy but you not know why - ie Scott Parker.

Reasonable players and sometimes the glue that enables the more expansive players to prosper

I dont mind if he stays but hos loyalty has been tested and I would not blame the guy if he wasnt exactly willing to play ball for us if indeed he is not picked up because for a loyal servant of a few years now he has been treated shoddily by this club. The other players left behind were Goss and Wheeler - neither have really featured at all but in my eyes Mass has been disrepected by the clubs hierarchy so becasue of that he needs to go but ordinarily myself - I would have been very pleased if he had remianed in our squad even if others brought in more favoured for selection.

I suspect his wages are a bit steep to carry as a squad player in our current circumstances. We just have to recoup what we can, thank him and wish him well.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 00:25 - Aug 1 with 1991 viewsbob566

Agree with all that but there's obviously a new wage structure in place (thank god) and mass doesn't fit it.
Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 04:19 - Aug 1 with 1911 viewsBlackCrowe

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 23:14 - Jul 30 by smegma

He took part in the trading session yesterday at the open day. First time I've seen him in months

Did he buy low and sell high on Pork Bellies and Frozen Orange Juice?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:54 - Aug 1 with 1627 viewsLblock

How do you know he hasn’t been agitating for a move?
Maybe he’s done a Maupay and had to be left out as “not in the right frame of mind”?

The club has put up with him jetting around the world, half the time for meaningless games, and then taking a few weeks to get back up to speed on return. For his wages and return per game this club needs more than he’s offering.
He’s a fantastic player one in five but that’s simply not good enough for a £3mill player.

Accept the bid, ditch the wages and move on. It’s a shame Swindon will nab a bit but there you go.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 10:05 - Aug 1 with 1607 viewsHooparoo

Luongo a gogo or a staystay? on 09:54 - Aug 1 by Lblock

How do you know he hasn’t been agitating for a move?
Maybe he’s done a Maupay and had to be left out as “not in the right frame of mind”?

The club has put up with him jetting around the world, half the time for meaningless games, and then taking a few weeks to get back up to speed on return. For his wages and return per game this club needs more than he’s offering.
He’s a fantastic player one in five but that’s simply not good enough for a £3mill player.

Accept the bid, ditch the wages and move on. It’s a shame Swindon will nab a bit but there you go.

Playing for your country in World Cup qualifiers are not “meaningless games” we should be proud that one of our Rs is good enough to represent their country. I am.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024