Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The positivity is oozing. 08:49 - Aug 1 with 7853 viewsSnipper

Two weeks ago, I thought we were in for a tough season. We still could be really if things go wrong.

But with the additions of Marc Pugh, who’s a very good player at this level, and Todd Kane, I think we have done some great business this summer. MW has said he’s hoping for one more signing, the lad McKenna from Aberdeen is rumoured.

We all hope that they can hit the ground running, but it’s practically a new team, so I’m not expecting a blistering start. But in my opinion, MW has laid the foundations of a good team for this season. Patience will be key from the start from the fans.

I’m also feeling positive after reading Clive’s brilliant season guide for every team in the division. I honestly don’t fear any team in this league.

So, fwiw, I’m feeling bloody positive about the season. Bring it on.
The positivity is oozing. on 09:00 - Aug 1 with 5189 viewsHooparoo

Your avatar makes me feel “positive” 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The positivity is oozing. on 09:09 - Aug 1 with 5155 viewsLblock

We’ve got a tough start, the bit in the middle isn’t easy and the end will be a slog

I’m still concerned about our depth in the striking department but really hope Eze chips in with around 10 goals and Oteh can find some form in cameos and cups. Hugill is a fantastic signing as is Pugh but nobody is prolific

The imminent departure of Toni concerns me. You need the physical stature he possesses against Sjoke, Boro, Millwall etc so I see him as a big loss IF he goes.

It’s going to be tough, really tough in patches, and a few may have noticed I’m rarely positive save for my STD tests. I am however hugely behind Warbs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The positivity is oozing. on 09:13 - Aug 1 with 5138 viewsGetMeRangers

Second that, coupled with MW words about the squad, how they choose to recruit, or not Ie in Chair's case and hearing that Ryan has , for the moment made him first choice all seems encouraging. Clive's insight on the podcast, to the possibility of players last year feeling secure in their position and possibly one of the reasons for a sweep out if the cobwebs, is another reason for optimism... Players having to put in 100â„… if they want to maintain a starting position, is another
Yet my main reason for optimism, and hoping for a modicum of success, is MW preferred style if jeoing the ball mainly on the floor, or what I grew up expecting from Rangers sides
Fingers crossed but surely an intriguing season ahead
The positivity is oozing. on 09:33 - Aug 1 with 5046 viewsWatford_Ranger

Still nervous about the defence and goalkeeper(s) to be honest. I think Hall will cost us. Hope to be wrong.
The positivity is oozing. on 09:39 - Aug 1 with 5018 viewsdistortR

feeling it Snipper, I'm feeling it!
The positivity is oozing. on 10:50 - Aug 1 with 4907 viewsdavman

The positivity is oozing. on 09:33 - Aug 1 by Watford_Ranger

Still nervous about the defence and goalkeeper(s) to be honest. I think Hall will cost us. Hope to be wrong.

Goals, goals, goals.

We'll not score that many, will we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The positivity is oozing. on 11:50 - Aug 1 with 4813 viewsLongsufferingR

The positivity is oozing. on 10:50 - Aug 1 by davman

Goals, goals, goals.

We'll not score that many, will we?

That depends on BOS. Really needs to hurry up and get his finishing in good order.
The positivity is oozing. on 11:52 - Aug 1 with 4801 viewsted_hendrix

I'm having a bit of an ooze too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

The positivity is oozing. on 12:00 - Aug 1 with 4766 viewsichbinnaughty

Calm down everybody.
While positivity is a nice thing; we have tragically short memories.

Remember the positivity felt when signing the likes of Ji Sung Park, Boswanka (both recent Champions League veterans), SWP, Junior Hoilett (honestly, he was decent at blackburn and young), Caulker, Fer, Rio, Sandro; Remi, Cisse; Samba, Granero. *

And we still stank of shi t.

*Note: at the time, these signings were largely greeted with fanfare and excitement. Hindsight is a wonderful (and soul destroying) thing. They were established, top-level pro's; that should have been able to compete with the division, but they all collectively and individually under-performed and let us down, the bastids.
The positivity is oozing. on 12:35 - Aug 1 with 4671 viewscolinallcars

The positivity is oozing. on 12:00 - Aug 1 by ichbinnaughty

Calm down everybody.

Remember the positivity felt when signing the likes of Ji Sung Park, Boswanka (both recent Champions League veterans), SWP, Junior Hoilett (honestly, he was decent at blackburn and young), Caulker, Fer, Rio, Sandro; Remi, Cisse; Samba, Granero. *

*Note: at the time, these signings were largely greeted with fanfare and excitement. Hindsight is a wonderful (and soul destroying) thing. They were established, top-level pro's; that should have been able to compete with the division, but they all collectively and individually under-performed and let us down, the bastids.

I keep reading about fans being thrilled at Hughes' signings. I certainly wasn't and neither were any of my mates. It was obviously a train crash waiting to happen.
The positivity is oozing. on 12:39 - Aug 1 with 4655 viewsrunningman75

Calm down everybody.

Remy was a good player. Is he available for the play-offs?
The positivity is oozing. on 12:41 - Aug 1 with 4641 viewsdaveB

I'm excited about the new season but have no idea how it's going to go, could be a complete disaster still or a nice surprise.
The positivity is oozing. on 12:42 - Aug 1 with 4641 viewsingeminate

Calm down everybody.

Bang on, at the time the overwhelming response to most of these signings was positive.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

The positivity is oozing. on 12:47 - Aug 1 with 4615 viewsichbinnaughty

The positivity is oozing. on 12:39 - Aug 1 by runningman75

Excellent question.
The positivity is oozing. on 12:56 - Aug 1 with 4579 viewsloftus77

The positivity is oozing. on 12:39 - Aug 1 by runningman75

No - but Adel is.
The positivity is oozing. on 13:02 - Aug 1 with 4559 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

The positivity is oozing. on 13:05 - Aug 1 with 4534 viewsjohnhoop

The positivity is oozing. on 12:42 - Aug 1 by ingeminate

Bang on, at the time the overwhelming response to most of these signings was positive.

Most of them maybe but I don’t think many people were too enthusiastic about it when our ‘Arry splashed the cash on Rio and Sandro.
The positivity is oozing. on 13:27 - Aug 1 with 4467 viewssmegma

Mark the date in your diary folks, snipper in positive post thread !!!

If we don't win 5-0 at Stoke some will be moaning.
The positivity is oozing. on 13:41 - Aug 1 with 4407 viewssimmo

Not convinced we'll be clinical enough to take the chances we have, also big concerns at the defending part of our central defence. The flip side is that we'll get to watch some youngsters having a good go, we'll be good to watch on occasions and I think we'll improve as the season goes on.

I think when we're good and it all clicks and the opposition aren't built to deal with our style, we'll have some properly wonderful afternoons carving up teams with all the excellent young boys looking amazing. But then there will be the bad days where we get pressed high, give the ball away with no cover and watch teams consistently walk it in.

I'm not sure there will be much in-between, so strap in and let' try to stay positive!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The positivity is oozing. on 14:25 - Aug 1 with 4308 viewsrunningman75

The positivity is oozing. on 13:41 - Aug 1 by simmo

Not convinced we'll be clinical enough to take the chances we have, also big concerns at the defending part of our central defence. The flip side is that we'll get to watch some youngsters having a good go, we'll be good to watch on occasions and I think we'll improve as the season goes on.

I think when we're good and it all clicks and the opposition aren't built to deal with our style, we'll have some properly wonderful afternoons carving up teams with all the excellent young boys looking amazing. But then there will be the bad days where we get pressed high, give the ball away with no cover and watch teams consistently walk it in.

I'm not sure there will be much in-between, so strap in and let' try to stay positive!

The thing is the unpredictably of the Championship means that with an unpredictable QPR team this is a roller coaster of a season. Watching a crap Norwich lose 4-1 ( including a QPR own goal) a couple of seasons ago no one would have thought they would get promoted. I had them down as relegation candidates last season.

Fulham are favourites for the division, now watch them lose at Barnsley .We will probably lose 3-0 at Stoke but the season is 46 games and you do not sprint the start of a marathon.
The positivity is oozing. on 14:30 - Aug 1 with 4296 viewsSnipper

The positivity is oozing. on 13:27 - Aug 1 by smegma

Mark the date in your diary folks, snipper in positive post thread !!!

If we don't win 5-0 at Stoke some will be moaning.

I know, I’ve shocked myself Chris. 😱😱

I just feel so positive as I think MW has done well so far with the recruiting.
The positivity is oozing. on 14:50 - Aug 1 with 4250 viewspaulparker

I like Warburton a lot and I hope he is given time even if we go down , I know we have made a ton of signings but I’m still in the camp of I think we will be in the bottom five
I hope I’m wrong and I’m being a moaning git but it will be a miracle if we are even near the top ten

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The positivity is oozing. on 15:52 - Aug 1 with 4169 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’d be surprised nee shocked, if we don’t tear this division a new one!!

Nailed on 100point season and probably unbeaten as well. Could see us doing a Man City in the FACup final as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The positivity is oozing. on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 4138 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive's previews and list of players brought in/let go by other clubs is what encourages me.

OK, no one has had quite the turnover we have but many have bought in 5/6, letting an equal number go so we're not going to be the only team that will need time to gel.

I DID think 16th a few weeks ago, now going for the giddy heights of 12th I think.

As I said on the odds thread though, the top 6/promotion odds look more attractive than the relegation odds...…………………….until about 5.00pm on Saturday that is!
The positivity is oozing. on 16:09 - Aug 1 with 4117 viewsdaveB

I've just got a feeling about this season, i don't know if it's a good or bad feeling but it's a feeling
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024