Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa spending £150m+ 23:44 - Aug 1 with 2999 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Now I'm not one to normally rant about something other clubs are doing as I normally couldn't care less, but this is simply ridiculous. A newly promoted club, who were probably half a season away from being hit with FFP and being on their arse, have now spent more than £150m+ this window. And the worst bit is, it's being praised by the media! Everyone is loving it. When did this become normalised? That is an insane amount of spending. We will forever be tarnished for our reputation for spending £12m on one player and now £150m is apparently the way forward.

I hate Villa
I hate Terry
I hate Dean Smith
And I hate the Premier League for what it's become and I cannot wait until the day it all goes tits up.

Rant over

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Villa spending £150m+ on 23:49 - Aug 1 with 2978 viewsenfieldargh

I will larf if they get relegated

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Villa spending £150m+ on 00:36 - Aug 2 with 2866 viewsMatch82

Villa spending £150m+ on 23:49 - Aug 1 by enfieldargh

I will larf if they get relegated

What is the rule on FFP? Seasons in premier league don't count, but if they come straight back down would it take their last two years into account or does the clock reset? And is there a timeframe within that year? For instance if they get relegated and spunk 50m on transfers at the end of May, does that still count as their "premier league" year?
Villa spending £150m+ on 01:39 - Aug 2 with 2806 viewsbob566

Good luck to them I say. Nobody bats an eyelid when utd, city, pool spend the cash. I hate Terry, I'm no fan of villa but the premiership is so stacked towards the big five.
Villa spending £150m+ on 07:08 - Aug 2 with 2618 viewsLblock

Last night I flicked on SSN’s and they have a whole hour or so called the transfer show
I heard that Dahma chap say “who joined the club in a cut price £20 million deal
Switched straight off.
It’s obscene
I still look back in disdain myself at Bungles uncontrolled sugar rush spending. I was never happy with it and I’m a staunch capitalist!!!

The game has gone.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Villa spending £150m+ on 07:23 - Aug 2 with 2585 viewsRoller

Villa spending £150m+ on 00:36 - Aug 2 by Match82

What is the rule on FFP? Seasons in premier league don't count, but if they come straight back down would it take their last two years into account or does the clock reset? And is there a timeframe within that year? For instance if they get relegated and spunk 50m on transfers at the end of May, does that still count as their "premier league" year?

Seasons in the Premier League do count although the FA have shown no appetite to act on any breaches. Each season spent in the Premier League contributes £35 million to the roll 3-year limit (as opposed to £13 million on the Championship). If Vila come straight back down next season their limit will be £61 million (£13m + £35m + £13m).

Villa's year end is 31st May. I don't know when the transfer window opens next summer. If it is before then (as the domestic transfer window was this summer) and they can offload players that will be included in their 2019/20 season's accounts.

Out of interest, their last two sets of published accounts show losses of £7.5m (2016/17) and £32.5m (2017/18), but I believe they have a far larger amount of disallowable costs than we do, perhaps £11m per season.
Villa spending £150m+ on 08:20 - Aug 2 with 2475 viewskingsburyR

This summers biggest spender!!!!!

8) Bayern Munich (£106.2m) ...
7) Sevilla (£111.6m) ...
6) Borussia Dortmund (£114.75m) ...
5) Aston Villa (£134.11m) ...
4) Juventus (£136.35m) ...
3) Barcelona (£213.3m) ...
3) Atletico Madrid (£219.15m) ...
1) Real Madrid (£272.7m)

Obscene when you consider the amount of money the likes of Bolton and Bury owe and will go bust over!!!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 8:21]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:23 - Aug 2 with 2451 views00calben

Their recruitment looks worse than Fulham's last year.

I'm going to enjoy their decline
Villa spending £150m+ on 08:28 - Aug 2 with 2431 viewsdistortR

Villa spending £150m+ on 07:23 - Aug 2 by Roller

Seasons in the Premier League do count although the FA have shown no appetite to act on any breaches. Each season spent in the Premier League contributes £35 million to the roll 3-year limit (as opposed to £13 million on the Championship). If Vila come straight back down next season their limit will be £61 million (£13m + £35m + £13m).

Villa's year end is 31st May. I don't know when the transfer window opens next summer. If it is before then (as the domestic transfer window was this summer) and they can offload players that will be included in their 2019/20 season's accounts.

Out of interest, their last two sets of published accounts show losses of £7.5m (2016/17) and £32.5m (2017/18), but I believe they have a far larger amount of disallowable costs than we do, perhaps £11m per season.

sorry mate, but what are "disallowable costs"?
Login to get fewer ads

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:31 - Aug 2 with 2418 viewsterryb

At the time, the media lavished praise on us for our Premiership spending.

It was only after relegation that it changed to having overspent!

I do detest Villa (mainly due to Tommy Docherty) & would love them to be relegated. It would be very funny if that was to happen & they then faced FFP.
Villa spending £150m+ on 08:41 - Aug 2 with 2377 viewsdodge_stoke_r

We all want us to have a successful season. For me, the downside is that if we do, we could be up up back in the Premier League and all the shit that that brings. ie higher prices, weekly drubbings, average players paid way, way more than thier worth, more rearranged games and the definition of success being not being relegated. For the average fan the Prem is toss and the only people that it's good for are the owners and bang average players that earn lottery wins each week. Unfortunately, the media machine has brainwashed the football watching public that it's everything.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:07]
Villa spending £150m+ on 09:11 - Aug 2 with 2282 viewsLowerloftLad

and what they have done is completely different to what fulham did according to talksport

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Villa spending £150m+ on 09:16 - Aug 2 with 2264 viewskernowhoop

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:41 - Aug 2 by dodge_stoke_r

We all want us to have a successful season. For me, the downside is that if we do, we could be up up back in the Premier League and all the shit that that brings. ie higher prices, weekly drubbings, average players paid way, way more than thier worth, more rearranged games and the definition of success being not being relegated. For the average fan the Prem is toss and the only people that it's good for are the owners and bang average players that earn lottery wins each week. Unfortunately, the media machine has brainwashed the football watching public that it's everything.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:07]

So, what do you think of the Premier League then, Dodge?
Villa spending £150m+ on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 2181 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Villa spending £150m+ on 09:16 - Aug 2 by kernowhoop

So, what do you think of the Premier League then, Dodge?

It's
Villa spending £150m+ on 10:37 - Aug 2 with 2119 viewsderbyhoop

It does look very close to what Fulham did last season. That went so well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Villa spending £150m+ on 11:07 - Aug 2 with 2083 viewsdaveB

Villa spending £150m+ on 01:39 - Aug 2 by bob566

Good luck to them I say. Nobody bats an eyelid when utd, city, pool spend the cash. I hate Terry, I'm no fan of villa but the premiership is so stacked towards the big five.

Those clubs are not going to get relegated and are not gambling their clubs existence on one transfer window.
Villa spending £150m+ on 12:07 - Aug 2 with 2004 viewsAntti_Heinola

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:31 - Aug 2 by terryb

At the time, the media lavished praise on us for our Premiership spending.

It was only after relegation that it changed to having overspent!

I do detest Villa (mainly due to Tommy Docherty) & would love them to be relegated. It would be very funny if that was to happen & they then faced FFP.

my memory is the opposite - it was constantly 'what are little QPR doing spending this money - who do they think they are?'

Bare bones.

Villa spending £150m+ on 12:15 - Aug 2 with 1983 viewsisawqpratwcity

Villa spending £150m+ on 07:08 - Aug 2 by Lblock

Last night I flicked on SSN’s and they have a whole hour or so called the transfer show
I heard that Dahma chap say “who joined the club in a cut price £20 million deal
Switched straight off.
It’s obscene
I still look back in disdain myself at Bungles uncontrolled sugar rush spending. I was never happy with it and I’m a staunch capitalist!!!

The game has gone.....

You and Bazza sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Villa spending £150m+ on 12:39 - Aug 2 with 1937 viewsMatch82

Villa spending £150m+ on 07:23 - Aug 2 by Roller

Thanks!
Villa spending £150m+ on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 1930 viewsMatch82

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:20 - Aug 2 by kingsburyR

7) Sevilla (£111.6m) ...
1) Real Madrid (£272.7m)

Obscene when you consider the amount of money the likes of Bolton and Bury owe and will go bust over!!!!

Um, we should probably not pull at this particular thread, I recall a similar list from a few years ago with our name on it!
Villa spending £150m+ on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 1876 viewsManinBlack

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:20 - Aug 2 by kingsburyR

7) Sevilla (£111.6m) ...
1) Real Madrid (£272.7m)

To be honest football is in many ways a reflection of everyday life for people. Football clubs with obscene amounts of money mirrored by people like we discussed in the recent BBC thread earning obscene amounts of money.

Then you have the poorer football clubs and the poorer people in society who get no help when in trouble. Nobody will make allowances for the poverty I live in or the fact the government hold me responsible for the financial crash freezing my wages or offering me a 1% pay rise when they feel generous.

Nice to see Fifi Le Brucey getting a £75,000 pay rise for taking on Question Time whilst I have still not been able to raise the funds to pay for my mother's funeral three years ago. The mantra is keep on giving the richest people and richest football clubs all the money and the rest of us can go under.
Villa spending £150m+ on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 1773 viewsdistortR

Villa spending £150m+ on 13:00 - Aug 2 by ManinBlack

To be honest football is in many ways a reflection of everyday life for people. Football clubs with obscene amounts of money mirrored by people like we discussed in the recent BBC thread earning obscene amounts of money.

Then you have the poorer football clubs and the poorer people in society who get no help when in trouble. Nobody will make allowances for the poverty I live in or the fact the government hold me responsible for the financial crash freezing my wages or offering me a 1% pay rise when they feel generous.

Nice to see Fifi Le Brucey getting a £75,000 pay rise for taking on Question Time whilst I have still not been able to raise the funds to pay for my mother's funeral three years ago. The mantra is keep on giving the richest people and richest football clubs all the money and the rest of us can go under.

and they sell it as 'trickle down' economics.

Being in the precariat is shit.

Good luck mate.
Villa spending £150m+ on 19:45 - Aug 2 with 1614 viewsRoller

Villa spending £150m+ on 08:28 - Aug 2 by distortR

sorry mate, but what are "disallowable costs"?

Clubs are allowed to exclude investment in the their academy and youth development, expenditure on the women’s football team and donations to their Community Trust from their published accounts for the purposes of FFP.
Villa spending £150m+ on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 1513 viewsdistortR

Villa spending £150m+ on 19:45 - Aug 2 by Roller

Clubs are allowed to exclude investment in the their academy and youth development, expenditure on the women’s football team and donations to their Community Trust from their published accounts for the purposes of FFP.

ok, cheers, nothing dubious there.
Villa spending £150m+ on 21:42 - Aug 2 with 1452 viewsSimplyNico

You might want to check out Keiran Maguire's blog, Price of Football. Very savvy individual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024