Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ray Jones 14:16 - Aug 2 with 1809 viewsGloucs_R

Is there a point when we stop including him in the squad list? Is he any different to any other decreased player? Interested to know what people's thoughts are.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ray Jones on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 1744 viewssmegma

His death was while he was a QPR player. I don't recall any others apart from Kayan Prince who never had a squad number as he was an academy player. Both deaths were horrific.
Ray Jones on 14:31 - Aug 2 with 1733 viewsblacky200

I think at this moment in time it is more important than ever to keep his name going. Knife crime is now an epidemic and increasing. I saw an interview with his father the other night. He came across really well and is positive despite his own personal tragedy. I think it would be a good move for the government / mayor to bring him in and be part of a national campaign. As to keeping his name on the squad list, that and the naming of the stadium is a fantastic move by the club and hope they continue with it.
Ray Jones on 14:38 - Aug 2 with 1676 viewsGloucs_R

Ray Jones on 14:30 - Aug 2 by smegma

His death was while he was a QPR player. I don't recall any others apart from Kayan Prince who never had a squad number as he was an academy player. Both deaths were horrific.

Not disputing they were both tragic. We lost players to both world wars didn't we? It's been over a decade now, just maybe think his name shouldn't be on the squad list but his number should remain retired.

Also, I'm sure I read he was about to be sold (Colchester) as we had no money. Does anyone know?

Ray Jones on 14:39 - Aug 2 with 1670 viewssmegma

Ray Jones on 14:31 - Aug 2 by blacky200

I think at this moment in time it is more important than ever to keep his name going. Knife crime is now an epidemic and increasing. I saw an interview with his father the other night. He came across really well and is positive despite his own personal tragedy. I think it would be a good move for the government / mayor to bring him in and be part of a national campaign. As to keeping his name on the squad list, that and the naming of the stadium is a fantastic move by the club and hope they continue with it.

Ray Jones wasn't a knife crime victim, which is what is being discussed.
Ray Jones on 14:39 - Aug 2 with 1668 viewsGloucs_R

Ray Jones on 14:31 - Aug 2 by blacky200

Jones want knife crime buddy. It was a terrible car accident, him and his friend were killed.

Ray Jones on 14:45 - Aug 2 with 1621 viewssmegma

Ray Jones on 14:38 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

Not disputing they were both tragic. We lost players to both world wars didn't we? It's been over a decade now, just maybe think his name shouldn't be on the squad list but his number should remain retired.

Also, I'm sure I read he was about to be sold (Colchester) as we had no money. Does anyone know?

I'm not arguing about it, I'm just stating the facts. The option to have his name on the back f the programme is a moot point. His name wasn't on the Watford programme.
Ray Jones on 15:01 - Aug 2 with 1554 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Let the families of both decide when enough is enough.

Their inclusion is no skin off anyone’s nose.
Ray Jones on 15:07 - Aug 2 with 1527 viewsGloucs_R

Ray Jones on 15:01 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Let the families of both decide when enough is enough.

Their inclusion is no skin off anyone’s nose.

I've not mentioned Kiyan in this thread. His name, charity and knife crime needs constant publicity.

Login to get fewer ads

Ray Jones on 15:49 - Aug 2 with 1417 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ray Jones on 15:07 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

I've not mentioned Kiyan in this thread. His name, charity and knife crime needs constant publicity.

Never said you did.

Not sure why this is a issue for you to be honest?
Ray Jones on 16:03 - Aug 2 with 1385 viewsNorthernr

What do we gain by not doing it any more? Are we really that desperate to reclaim the 31 shirt for Charlie fcking Owens? Honestly some of the stuff on here sometimes...
Ray Jones on 16:10 - Aug 2 with 1350 viewshoopsmark

Ray Jones on 16:03 - Aug 2 by Northernr

What do we gain by not doing it any more? Are we really that desperate to reclaim the 31 shirt for Charlie fcking Owens? Honestly some of the stuff on here sometimes...

Agree...I despair sometimes...
Ray Jones on 16:14 - Aug 2 with 1339 viewssmegma

Yeah but was he about to be sold to Colchester ????
Ray Jones on 16:31 - Aug 2 with 1275 viewsGloucs_R

Not saying to reclaim the shirt ffs.

The original question was... Do we continue to include him in the squad every season?

Ray Jones on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 1249 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ray Jones on 16:31 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

Not saying to reclaim the shirt ffs.

The original question was... Do we continue to include him in the squad every season?

Yes.

Tightens the QPR family together and probably provides some nice relief for his family and friends.

No downside.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:43]
Ray Jones on 16:46 - Aug 2 with 1212 viewsGloucs_R

Ray Jones on 16:37 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes.

Tightens the QPR family together and probably provides some nice relief for his family and friends.

No downside.

It doesn't offend me in the slightest. I do find it a little strange that after 10 years it's still included. For me, personally, I wouldn't have it listed now. But keep the shirt retired and remember him once a year.

I get what you're saying though.

Ray Jones on 16:49 - Aug 2 with 1200 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ray Jones on 16:37 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes.

No downside.

This. Unless Ronaldo or Messi want it, I see no harm in Ray keeping the number 31 shirt.
Ray Jones on 16:49 - Aug 2 with 1200 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ray Jones on 16:46 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

It doesn't offend me in the slightest. I do find it a little strange that after 10 years it's still included. For me, personally, I wouldn't have it listed now. But keep the shirt retired and remember him once a year.

I get what you're saying though.

Why wouldn't you have it listed? What's your rationale?
Ray Jones on 17:04 - Aug 2 with 1149 viewsGloucs_R

Ray Jones on 16:49 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why wouldn't you have it listed? What's your rationale?

Good question.

Is it really required, to remember him every year by putting him in the actual squad.

But, I hadn't considered the flip of that which is... Why wouldn't you.

Which is why I posted, to understand other opinions.

Ray Jones on 17:09 - Aug 2 with 1132 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ray Jones on 17:04 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

Good question.

Is it really required, to remember him every year by putting him in the actual squad.

But, I hadn't considered the flip of that which is... Why wouldn't you.

Which is why I posted, to understand other opinions.

I guess it’s just that there was a very good reason why we started doing this but there hasn’t really been a good reason to stop doing it yet.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:34 - Aug 2 with 1011 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024