Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A scary stat 23:09 - Aug 2 with 2345 viewsonlyrinmoray

I see the last time Rangers won away the first game of the season was at West Ham Upton Park where we won 3-0. I went to that game with my at that time, two little boys We went in the wrong end amongst the home fans I went down the front to help them get a better look. I deliberately went up to a woman and asked if she would move to let them see better" no chance "was her reply and we ended up way up the back with the boys balancing on a stanchion to see. I cant remember much about the game except that Paul Parker scored

On the way home on the underground we went past a cemetery my youngest in a broad Scottish accent said" are all the dead people in London buried there Dad ? " much smiling and laughter from nearby passengers. One of whom was a Sikh with a turban which fascinated the youngest one (We were on hols from the Highlands, not many Sikhs up our way)

What is really worrying is those little boys are now 39 and 42 years old So Im not too confident about tomorrows result
A scary stat on 23:15 - Aug 2 with 2317 viewswokingrs

Pretty sure Parker didn't score that day. Remember Kevin Brook got a screamer as Rangers were 3 up by HT.
A scary stat on 23:29 - Aug 2 with 2283 viewsCamberleyR

Parker's only goal for us was against Luton in a 6-1 win at LR in 1990. The scorers in the West Ham game were an OG, Bannister and Brock.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

A scary stat on 23:30 - Aug 2 with 2282 viewsonlyrinmoray

A scary stat on 23:15 - Aug 2 by wokingrs

Pretty sure Parker didn't score that day. Remember Kevin Brook got a screamer as Rangers were 3 up by HT.

You are right ....told you I didn't remember much about the game. Im always impressed with the memories of those on here Was it Paul Parkers debut?

scorers Bannister Brock and Stewart OG
A scary stat on 23:34 - Aug 2 with 2267 viewsCamberleyR

A scary stat on 23:30 - Aug 2 by onlyrinmoray

You are right ....told you I didn't remember much about the game. Im always impressed with the memories of those on here Was it Paul Parkers debut?

scorers Bannister Brock and Stewart OG

Yes, it was Parker's debut. Also Dennis, Coney and Brock were making their debuts.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

A scary stat on 23:41 - Aug 2 with 2241 viewssmegma

And at 5pm that day we were top of the English football league.
A scary stat on 23:58 - Aug 2 with 2216 viewsLoftgirl

A scary stat on 23:15 - Aug 2 by wokingrs

I also remember they kept us in for what seemed like forever.
A scary stat on 00:13 - Aug 3 with 2197 viewsDannyPaddox

Another scary stat. 1938. Elm Park, Biscuit Land. The only time QPR have won on the opening day of the season on an English football ground outside of London. Sounds too bad to be true.

From a previous thread entitled, Astonishing opening day fact about QPR. You won't believe it!
A scary stat on 03:41 - Aug 3 with 2107 viewsHooparoo

I don’t know what it is and maybe I’ve just got Kangaroos loose in my top paddock but this season is reminding me of our Warnock promotion season. A few experienced journeymen, a sprinkling of good young loans from the prem and the lowest expectations from the fans I can recall in recent memory. Maybe Pugh is our Taarabt - The spark that lights it all up.

Or, maybe I’m just crazy. 😬
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 3:56]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

A scary stat on 06:40 - Aug 3 with 2023 viewsDannyPaddox

A scary stat on 03:41 - Aug 3 by Hooparoo

I don’t know what it is and maybe I’ve just got Kangaroos loose in my top paddock but this season is reminding me of our Warnock promotion season. A few experienced journeymen, a sprinkling of good young loans from the prem and the lowest expectations from the fans I can recall in recent memory. Maybe Pugh is our Taarabt - The spark that lights it all up.

Or, maybe I’m just crazy. 😬
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 3:56]

Paddy, Clint, Bradley, Matt, Kaspars, Shaun, Ale, Tommy, Jamie, Wayne, Heidar, A-d-e-l,
Uncle Neil, Muck & Nettles, Top o’ the League,
2010, Lets do it again.

What a Kangaroo dreams in August.
A scary stat on 09:13 - Aug 3 with 1903 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking about that day all Summer. Great day, and very like today in that we had absolutely no idea what to expect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A scary stat on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 1699 viewsfrancisbowles

Just like the win at Forest all bad runs come to an end
A scary stat on 13:18 - Aug 3 with 1667 viewsonlyrinmoray

A scary stat on 06:40 - Aug 3 by DannyPaddox

Paddy, Clint, Bradley, Matt, Kaspars, Shaun, Ale, Tommy, Jamie, Wayne, Heidar, A-d-e-l,
2010, Lets do it again.

Kangeroos are just great aren't they
A scary stat on 13:49 - Aug 3 with 1620 viewsstowmarketrange

A scary stat on 06:40 - Aug 3 by DannyPaddox

2010, Lets do it again.

I went to the open day on Monday and that’s the first time I’ve been since August 2010.Look what happened that season.
I was also at the West Ham 3-0 win too.Great day.
Come on you R’s.
A scary stat on 14:09 - Aug 3 with 1596 viewsDavieQPR

Don't think Stoke have won on the first day for 10 years???
A scary stat on 14:36 - Aug 3 with 1576 viewsstowmarketrange

A scary stat on 14:09 - Aug 3 by DavieQPR

Don't think Stoke have won on the first day for 10 years???

They haven’t played us though have they?
A scary stat on 14:43 - Aug 3 with 1560 viewsjohncharles

A scary stat on 23:34 - Aug 2 by CamberleyR

Yes, it was Parker's debut. Also Dennis, Coney and Brock were making their debuts.

Be a few debuts today. Maybe an omen.
I'll clutch at any straw 😃

Strong and stable my arse.

A scary stat on 14:46 - Aug 3 with 1557 viewstimcocking

I seem to have gone from horrified to strangely optimistic. I've heard and read some reassuring stuff. Eight of that starting lineup played for us last season, plus Hugill and Amos who i'm hoping are upgrades. Is it possible Mark Warburton is in fact the miracle worker we need? That'd be truly something.

Vive la QPR!
A scary stat on 16:58 - Aug 3 with 1509 viewsMoonshineSteve

Ha!

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

A scary stat on 17:15 - Aug 3 with 1428 viewspaulparker

Funny enough we had a new team that day as well
Parker , Coney , Brock , Dennis etc

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024