Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 22:22 - Aug 3 with 10731 viewsHunterhoop

Not there today, so can’t comment on his overall performance, but, please, as a fan base, can we get behind this lad and give him all the support we can?!

His goal today was sexy. The way he runs with the ball, like he’s slaloming, it’s wonderful. He will have bad days, but no way could we afford someone like him. And he’s ours. Came through our set up. We gave him a chance Millwall wouldn’t at 15. We’ve developed him.

When he plays well, he is genuinely great to watch. He should be someone this entire fan base backs to the hilt.

Eze on 09:26 - Aug 4 with 2553 viewsPunteR

Such a natural talent. I'd happily pay to watch him. He made that goal look easy in the same way Taraabt used to. Just stroked the ball into the net like a golfer finishing with a putt.
I dont even want to start thinking how much we can get for him. Cant we just watch him reach his potential first and enjoy him while we can ?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eze on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 2500 viewsDejR_vu

Eze on 00:17 - Aug 4 by mcqpr10

No ones getting carried away. Enjoying a young talent we have score a great goal, a young talent who has been criticised heavily by a section of our fan base who never seem to be happy.

There does seem to be a bit of getting carried away going on.

He had a great start to last season and then, understandably, went off the boil. He scored what was by all accounts a very good goal yesterday and we have a poster calling other posters tw@ts because they might have a different opinion of him.

The reality is, he’s still what he was on Friday, a young player with masses of unfulfilled potential.

But, surely, everyone wants him to fulfil that potential (1) so that we can enjoy him and (2) because we will need to get as much money for him as possible.

We’ve had plenty to get tense about / disagree about over the last couple of months. This morning i’m just enjoying the fact we got a great result yesterday.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Eze on 09:57 - Aug 4 with 2437 viewsterryb

Eze on 00:36 - Aug 4 by Nov77

He needs to produce more often, can’t even remember the last goal he scored.. if he can add end product to his game he will be a very good player.

In our last league game. Away to Sheffield Wednesday!
Eze on 10:21 - Aug 4 with 2363 viewsLeedsR

Eze on 08:09 - Aug 4 by westberksr

love watching him carry the ball; makes it look effortless. Irritated me beyond belief last season when fans started digging him out and the 'lazy' accusations.

he has a languid style that should not be confused with laziness, and if we manage to get the best out of him he could be great for us. Hopefully Warburton's playing style which will involve the ball moving a bit faster will suit Eze and also see him, like yesterday, able to attack opposition players who will start to fear him.

Last year the ball was getting to him too slowly and he was getting crowded out or getting it with his back to goal and a CB ready to have a go; not really his strengths. Fingers crossed we see him improve this season by utilising his talents better.

This, this and a hundred times this. Eze is not the arm-pumping, gut-busting, grimacing runner around the park in the mould of a Jamie Mackie. We all loved Mackie because he made up for his relative lack of skill with sheer effort and bloody-mindedness, and as a result, over-achieved.

I’m not saying that Mackie was without skill, because he still had to put away the chances he had often made for himself, but his short-comings were often forgiven, understandably, because of his effort. But I don’t think that Eze is lazy, just more efficient. Of course he doesn’t always get it right. Who does??

I think Eze has an elegant, graceful style. His speed is deceptive. He might appear languid because he doesn’t pump his arms about like an olympic sprinter, but I equate him more to a downhill skier, calmly gliding from side to side while actually going at about 100 miles an hour.

I think we’re all agreed, he is by no means the finished article, but again, we can all see his undoubted skill and potential. He has that X-Factor that people go to watch football matches for and I for one bl**dy love him. He is still young and so all the more reason to get behind him 100%. If he improves in the way we all hope he will, he won’t be with us long. Let’s enjoy him while we can!

Apologies for going on a bit!!
Eze on 10:32 - Aug 4 with 2332 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's also got another season of experience under his belt, now might be his time to thrive..... we can but dream.

Great goal yesterday looked the business, but not he needs to follow this up and back it up regularly for us and himself to fulfill his undoubted potential.
Eze on 10:34 - Aug 4 with 2322 viewsSnipper

I know Les Ferdinand has said that every player is for sale, but we’d be mad to sell him in this window if a late bid comes in. The way he took his goal yesterday wouldn’t have gone unnoticed by at least half the Premier teams and the bigger teams in the Championship.

We’re playing a different way this season, and it’s playing to Eze’s strengths. If he continues to play well this season with eye catching performances, then the price will only go up. The club will need to look at the bigger picture here. A great season by Eze and a few other players will mean that we’ll be challenging for the playoffs come May.

Yes, we’re a selling club now, but we have to be clever too. If we’re playing devils advocate here, how much would the club accept now? With him just turning 21, it would have to be more than we got for Freeman. For arguments sake, let’s say that Southampton offered £7m this window. If Eze continues performing well, it’d be a minimum of £10m in January. If he played well all season, you’re looking at a minimum of £15m next summer.

IMO, the club will have to say no if any bids come in before and including Thursday/Friday.

Anyway, that was a great start yesterday, and from reading other teams forums, we’re well under the radar. Long may it continue.
Eze on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 2301 viewsTGRRRSSS

The everybody is for sale by Ferdinand was a stupid way of putting it, it means you end up getting poor offers, whilst Brentford sell for multi millions.

What you ought to say is "every player has his price"

Incidentally I see the Cardiff Goalkeeper went off injured at Wigna, the reserve wasn't even Smithies a real disaster for his career.
Eze on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 2276 viewsLythamR

Eze on 09:20 - Aug 4 by Dorse

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vAojGFExY/?igshid=mjeyh6e5a17b

That is the goal of a QPR number 10.

I would be happy to bet that is our goal of the season

it gets better every time i watch it
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 10:55 - Aug 4 with 2239 viewsTacticalR

Another nifty thing was that after taking out the Stoke defence Eze then placed it in the corner rather than blasting it at the keeper (which he has done on occasion).

Air hostess clique

Eze on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 2203 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze on 09:57 - Aug 4 by terryb

HAHA

He was our second top scorer last season too I believe.

EDIT no he wasn't he was third.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 11:06]
Eze on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 2201 viewskensalriser

Wonderful goal and as PuntR says, Adel like in the way he took the ball in a non-threatening part of the pitch and seconds later it’s a goal. Incredible that from the centre circle to shooting he had to beat only one player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze on 11:21 - Aug 4 with 2170 viewsDevon_4_England

Eze on 10:55 - Aug 4 by TacticalR

Another nifty thing was that after taking out the Stoke defence Eze then placed it in the corner rather than blasting it at the keeper (which he has done on occasion).

During the warm up Eze looked on fire during the shooting session towards the end and was smashing the ball into the top corners but also scored a few by placing the ball into the corner like you describe below. Normally our shooting practise is putting your life in danger behind the goal but the whole team looked really sharp pre-match yesterday
Eze on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 2114 viewsNov77

Eze on 09:57 - Aug 4 by terryb

Didn’t he miss a penalty in that game? I thought scowen and Matt smith scored our goals?

Last goal I remember from Eze was away to villa on 1st jan.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eze on 11:58 - Aug 4 with 2053 viewsjonno

Eze on 10:21 - Aug 4 by LeedsR

This, this and a hundred times this. Eze is not the arm-pumping, gut-busting, grimacing runner around the park in the mould of a Jamie Mackie. We all loved Mackie because he made up for his relative lack of skill with sheer effort and bloody-mindedness, and as a result, over-achieved.

I’m not saying that Mackie was without skill, because he still had to put away the chances he had often made for himself, but his short-comings were often forgiven, understandably, because of his effort. But I don’t think that Eze is lazy, just more efficient. Of course he doesn’t always get it right. Who does??

I think Eze has an elegant, graceful style. His speed is deceptive. He might appear languid because he doesn’t pump his arms about like an olympic sprinter, but I equate him more to a downhill skier, calmly gliding from side to side while actually going at about 100 miles an hour.

I think we’re all agreed, he is by no means the finished article, but again, we can all see his undoubted skill and potential. He has that X-Factor that people go to watch football matches for and I for one bl**dy love him. He is still young and so all the more reason to get behind him 100%. If he improves in the way we all hope he will, he won’t be with us long. Let’s enjoy him while we can!

Apologies for going on a bit!!

Agree. Eze has huge potential and is brilliant to watch. Like any player, he needs to work on his game (his heading for instance for this level is quite poor and he clearly doesn't like to challenge for the ball in the air). Lazy though, he isn't. As he gains more experience he will learn to close down smarter when we don't have the ball. He simply glides past players, as he did yesterday for his goal, and that is an impressive skill to have. Tends to fall over fairly easily under a challenge (obviously to win free kicks and there are plenty of players who do this now) and he will have to be careful not to get a reputation for that which referees will pick up on. Looking forward to seeing him play regularly and develop further.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 11:59]
Eze on 12:08 - Aug 4 with 2028 viewsHastings_Hoops

Aside from the great goal, two other things that some may have missed:

1) On about 80 mins he tracked back and calmly intercepted a cross which was fizzing across our own 6 yard box which had Stoke players queuing up to get on the end of and knocked it into touch - a lazier number 10 (eg, Roy Wegerle) would not have got back there to defend and a less able player (name your centre back) may well have lashed the ball into his own net.

2) Even before his goal, the commentators on the Stoke stream were singing the praised of Eze and BOS and saying they are two players that Stoke need and should have signed.

- We can't enjoy nice things anymore can we!
Eze on 12:55 - Aug 4 with 1905 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Eze on 08:26 - Aug 4 by ElHoop

I've said it before but I think that he's good enough to build the side around, but presumably if someone walks in with a £7m offer on Tuesday then many would be happy to accept that, so there's not much point in building the side around him. Everyone is for sale. It's slightly depressing to think that might happen, but whilst we've got him he's a great talent. Sometimes he cocks a leg instead of making a challenge. I wouldn't describe that as 'languid' - he needs to improve that side of his game, but he should be able to achieve that with one to one coaching. Not too many players can improve very much at the things that he does well. He's pretty unique.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 8:26]

Can't see it happening on the back of yesterday's performance. For what ever reason, last season he was on the whole quite poor. This season is a very big one for him and maybe if he turns in the sort of performances that we all know he can, on a regular basis, then maybe January of next summer we could be waving goodbye. But for a lot more than £7 M.
Eze on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 1857 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eze on 12:55 - Aug 4 by dodge_stoke_r

Can't see it happening on the back of yesterday's performance. For what ever reason, last season he was on the whole quite poor. This season is a very big one for him and maybe if he turns in the sort of performances that we all know he can, on a regular basis, then maybe January of next summer we could be waving goodbye. But for a lot more than £7 M.

19 year old in loss of form shocker in his first full season. He wasn't poor last season, he lacked the nous to deal with being double and treble marked in games once other teams spotted the threat he posed. He'll get more of that again this season and will learn what he needs to do to overcome it. He isn't going to boss every game he plays in, far from it I believe, but what he does need is the full support of the crowd during his bad games so he doesn't lose heart or belief in what he is doing. We want a payer that loves playing for us so that when that fateful day comes when good money is being offered, he will have already signed a long contract to allow QPR to reap full value.

The grass is always greener.

Eze (n/t) on 13:30 - Aug 4 with 1823 viewsCHUBBS

Eze (n/t) on 05:57 - Aug 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions aren’t automatically entitled to respect just because they exist.

This misconception is why we have flat earthers.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 6:24]

What an extreme analogy,you do realise we’re discussing whether a footballer works hard enough during games right??
If that justifies calling people nasty names in your world then don’t let me try and stop you!
Have a nice day Bazza😉
Eze on 13:43 - Aug 4 with 1798 viewsHunterhoop

I think the conversation has moved on from what I meant in the OPz

In my opinion, it’s not about whether a player deserves to be supported, especially a youth team graduate, based on how good they are or how hard they may or may not work.

The point is that they MUST be supported. It should not be optional for genuine supporters. Experienced pros who’ve played a lot for us, but also other sides, I can understand it more. Attitude and also comparing performances to performances at past clubs are easy to judge.

With Eze, he’s ours, he’s only got one season under his belt at this level, he’s come through the youth set up, and we have no idea how high his ceiling is. My OP was making the point that the LR faithful MUST give the lad all the support we can regardless of how he plays, what he delivers. Judge him in May, not now or on a game by game basis. We all, as QPR fans, supporting a club with our financial pressures, need him to succeed. To do this he needs our full support. We are not the Roman mob, watching a gladiator, entitled to the spectacular, and when we don’t get it demand death. We’re entitled to nothing. It’s a slippery slope when you get into that mindset. Let’s support this lad, and the likes of BOS and Chair regardless of anything. We all have our favourites and can all have an opinion on how good they are, but for the sake of QPR, let’s support them regardless.
Eze on 13:49 - Aug 4 with 1783 viewsCHUBBS

Eze on 06:39 - Aug 4 by paulparker

Welcome back Chubbs !!!

As for Eze I like him a lot his confidence must have taken a battering when he was dropped towards the end of the season ,he has a great football brain the way he wins free kicks when the team is under pressure, if the team does well and he scores 15 or so goals then hopefully we can start a bidding war and get serious money for him, instead of the peanuts we got for freeman and furlong

Thanks Paul
I know we need the money but we’d be crazy to sell any time soon as I think his value will soar under MW.
Bristol sold Webster for 22 million,a 24 year old centre half who they paid 3 million for a year ago!
Also a 19 year old left back for 15 mill.
As a club we seem to undersell our players but If we can’t get at least 30 for him in this market then we may as well give up.
On a personal note,I haven’t really seen him in the flesh so would be gutted if he went( stopped going when we replaced Olly with schteeve,still bugs me)
However I think the technical style of football MW is practicing will only benefit our young players and should start benefiting our incoming transfer fees.
Eze on 15:43 - Aug 4 with 1621 viewsVancouverHoop

We've a (probably natural) tendency to over-analyse our own club's players. Of course we're greedy to see more of what Eze produced yesterday, who wouldn't be.* But, if I saw a goal like that even two or three times a season it'd be worth going to all the other QPR matches just on the off-chance something that blissful happens again.

*I got an email from a Stoke supporter this morning. He was at the match yesterday and creaming himself over the play of both Eze and BOS. Also bewailing the fact that Tom Smith is supposed be the best player at his position in the league and Eze totally undressed him.
Eze on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 1603 viewsfrancisbowles

Eze on 13:43 - Aug 4 by Hunterhoop

I think the conversation has moved on from what I meant in the OPz

In my opinion, it’s not about whether a player deserves to be supported, especially a youth team graduate, based on how good they are or how hard they may or may not work.

The point is that they MUST be supported. It should not be optional for genuine supporters. Experienced pros who’ve played a lot for us, but also other sides, I can understand it more. Attitude and also comparing performances to performances at past clubs are easy to judge.

With Eze, he’s ours, he’s only got one season under his belt at this level, he’s come through the youth set up, and we have no idea how high his ceiling is. My OP was making the point that the LR faithful MUST give the lad all the support we can regardless of how he plays, what he delivers. Judge him in May, not now or on a game by game basis. We all, as QPR fans, supporting a club with our financial pressures, need him to succeed. To do this he needs our full support. We are not the Roman mob, watching a gladiator, entitled to the spectacular, and when we don’t get it demand death. We’re entitled to nothing. It’s a slippery slope when you get into that mindset. Let’s support this lad, and the likes of BOS and Chair regardless of anything. We all have our favourites and can all have an opinion on how good they are, but for the sake of QPR, let’s support them regardless.

Absolutely spot on Hunter.

Vote this post of the year.

Can somebody put this on social media site for the benefit of those who don't come on here.
Eze on 15:59 - Aug 4 with 1593 viewsTacticalR

Let's not bring gladiators into this.

Air hostess clique

Eze on 16:24 - Aug 4 with 1533 viewsmcqpr10

Eze on 09:40 - Aug 4 by DejR_vu

There does seem to be a bit of getting carried away going on.

He had a great start to last season and then, understandably, went off the boil. He scored what was by all accounts a very good goal yesterday and we have a poster calling other posters tw@ts because they might have a different opinion of him.

The reality is, he’s still what he was on Friday, a young player with masses of unfulfilled potential.

But, surely, everyone wants him to fulfil that potential (1) so that we can enjoy him and (2) because we will need to get as much money for him as possible.

We’ve had plenty to get tense about / disagree about over the last couple of months. This morning i’m just enjoying the fact we got a great result yesterday.

how are people getting carried away? Trust me no one is getting carried away. No one is saying he is going to make a big premier move, yet. We are enjoying him scoring a fantastic goal, a goal not many players would score. People so quick to criticise him, when he does well he deserves the praise.
Eze on 09:16 - Aug 6 with 1185 viewsWren67

Great post Hunterhoop. Good to see so many on here recognising Eze's potential and giving the support he so clearly needs, including calling out the 'lazy' label some people have pinned on him.

I love this young man's style of play, his deceptive movements, deft touches, weighted passes and good positioning. He will improve given time and our support.

His goal yesterday has obviously been lauded at length but this was not just a great goal scored by Eze, it was a great QPR team goal. There were at least 10 passes between Rss players including 2 touches by Lumley as the ball got to Eze, without a Stoke player touching the ball.
It reminds me of a goal scored by QPR a long long time ago in 1975/6 (I think) at home against Liverpool on the first day of the season too, where Phil Parkes started the move which ended with Gerry Francis scoring past Clemence without a Liverpool player touching the ball.

Thanks you the 2019/2020 QPR team for conjuring up this old memory for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024