Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mascot cost 14:22 - Aug 6 with 1086 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-mascot-packages-on-sale-for-201920/

That's £420 for 1 or £540 for 2

Expensive or the correct 'market rate'?

I suppose the 4 tickets and the kit are worth about £200

Thoughts?
Mascot cost on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 1058 viewsdaveB

well over the top but if you tell them you don't want the tickets or kit and buy them separately it's a bit cheaper, think they were going to charge me £200 the other year as I already had the kit and tickets for my son but was still too much to pay imo
Mascot cost on 14:32 - Aug 6 with 1037 viewskingsburyR

I think this is an absolute disgrace.

A Mascot or two should be at the pleasure of the club not some sort of financial reward.

Make it a lottery or draw of sone sort.

There's enough cash in football without this bull5hit!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mascot cost on 14:40 - Aug 6 with 998 viewsRblockPrior

Amazed me when I first found out you had to pay to be a mascot, wrong on so many levels!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Mascot cost on 14:43 - Aug 6 with 978 viewsBuckR

Mascot cost on 14:40 - Aug 6 by RblockPrior

Amazed me when I first found out you had to pay to be a mascot, wrong on so many levels!

Its always the game after Christmas where there's about 20 of the feckers! Obviously been bought as the main present. So wrong, should be drawn from all the junior season ticket holders
Mascot cost on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 955 viewskingsburyR

Mascot cost on 14:43 - Aug 6 by BuckR

Its always the game after Christmas where there's about 20 of the feckers! Obviously been bought as the main present. So wrong, should be drawn from all the junior season ticket holders

It's a fu(k!n disgrace!!!!!

There said it again!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mascot cost on 14:50 - Aug 6 with 943 viewsLunarJetman

This. Always wanted my boy to do it when I thought it was drawn at random from Junior Rs. Always seemed a bit fixed as well.

Still the boy is 21 next year so I might do it for a laugh around his birthday.

That said, he did win a Nintendo GameCube with Mario Smash Football a few years ago so did get something out of them!
Mascot cost on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 935 viewsthame_hoops

Its an awful lot of money but did I read previously the money goes towards the down syndrome team? If so it's a good idea
Mascot cost on 14:53 - Aug 6 with 926 viewsNorthernr

Without getting into the cost itself, I'd be pisd off if I forked out 420 sheets for my lad to be the mascot for the day only to arrive and find he was one of 20 of them. Every photo you had done would look like a school trip, trying to pick your kid out.
Login to get fewer ads

Mascot cost on 15:12 - Aug 6 with 875 viewsPinnerPaul

Mascot cost on 14:53 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Without getting into the cost itself, I'd be pisd off if I forked out 420 sheets for my lad to be the mascot for the day only to arrive and find he was one of 20 of them. Every photo you had done would look like a school trip, trying to pick your kid out.

Fair point and while there may not always be 20 there are always a fair few!
Mascot cost on 15:14 - Aug 6 with 867 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't like quoting without the VAT. I get it for Corporate events etc but this is surely aimed at 'normal' families who won't be able to claim back the VAT!
Mascot cost on 15:36 - Aug 6 with 813 viewsconnell10

It should be free , end of.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mascot cost on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 710 viewsStevenageRanger

So just to add a bit of balance to this thread both my boys when they were around 9 were mascots.

One in 2010 away to Coventry (Walked out with Lee Cook and we lost 1-0) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8508692.stm

One in 2017 at Villa Park (anopther 1-0 defeat) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39414011

Both had amazing days, in the changing room, met all the players, tour of grounds. Villa was great for parents and family as we all get fed behind the scenes.

All for the cost of ZERO. Yes we had to provide kit (and it had to be latest full strip), we had to buy tickets for game (including for the mascot)

I even got to go in changing room for Coventry. Spoke to Adel in corridor as we was waiting outside to be allowed in and Mick Harford announced the team and he was on the bench! He said "On the bench,its crazy!" (or something like that) I said something back and he said something back and walked off.

Villa was great as well. Nedum was superb with my lad. Alex Smithies came over to the stand at end of game, picked out my lad and gave him his gloves. I asked Curtis Fleming to ask Alex and he must have gone in and done that and he remembered after the game.

Also every game does have a Junior Hoop drawn out, this just gives those that want to be a mascot at home the opportunity to buy. Would I pay it, No, would it be worth money, maybe. Most clubs offer a paid package on top of the usual draws

https://www.90min.com/posts/6264530-11-of-the-most-expensive-mascot-prices-charg

So in summary, drop the club an email, ask for an away game and fill your boots.
Mascot cost on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 578 viewsqpr1976

Can’t speak for now but my Son was mascot twice in 2000’s.
First time, I paid £250 which included a full kit and meal for 4 in a box from where we watched the game after. Some friends & family joined us at an additional £50 per person. In all honesty, it was an absolute bargain and we all had a great day, even if we had to drink beer out of tea cups as you were’nt allowed to drink in view of the pitch.....!
Second time, we got a call from the club saying he’d won the mascot lottery, so it was free. Just had to kit him up fully, which we had already, before the call. Even better value for money.

Seems steep nowadays and for less, but I guess with so many ankle biters on the pitch beforehand every game, market forces suggest, there is a demand.....and plenty are willing to pay the asking price.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024