Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells? 10:00 - Aug 8 with 18300 viewsconnell10

Being reported we are interested in taking him back.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells? on 10:07 - Aug 8 with 6311 viewsenfieldargh

get that bus out

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wells? on 10:08 - Aug 8 with 6303 viewsWestbourneR

This would be worthwhile for the bench if he cost no more than £1 mill.

He has many qualities. Finishing may not be one of them, weak strike.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells? on 10:08 - Aug 8 with 6298 viewsboysfromthebush

Would be chuffed if this happened. More suited to Warburton's style of play.

Fingers crossed - just don't let him near penalties!
Wells? on 10:08 - Aug 8 with 6290 viewsconnell10

Ahhhhhhhh I hate you Butler!!!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 10:09]

Wells? on 10:15 - Aug 8 with 6195 viewsstevec

Wells? on 10:08 - Aug 8 by connell10

Ahhhhhhhh I hate you Butler!!!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 10:09]

Good impression.

I'd have given you 10/10 but wasn't it 'I hate you Butler, Ehhhhh' ?

I stand to be corrected though.
Wells? on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 6162 viewsconnell10

Wells? on 10:15 - Aug 8 by stevec

Good impression.

I'd have given you 10/10 but wasn't it 'I hate you Butler, Ehhhhh' ?

I stand to be corrected though.

You know what I think your right mate

Wells? on 10:24 - Aug 8 with 6094 viewsDavieQPR

Wells? on 10:07 - Aug 8 by enfieldargh

get that bus out

Don't you mean stagecoach?
Wells? on 10:29 - Aug 8 with 6032 viewsfrancisbowles

Came with a decent reputation, looked the complete forward when he arrived, then struggled for goals, then hit a purple patch, then slowly went downhill, in a team that was doing the same, goals were rare and by the end of the season confidence totally shot.

He has since scored a penalty for Bermuda, so he must have some confidence to carry on trying.

Can we really afford to add him to the other two strikers that we already have, all three on loan?

What happens to Oteh? Can we fix him up with a decent loan today or do we have a bit longer with loans to somewhere abroad? Have we had a rethink on Leistner?
Login to get fewer ads

Wells? on 10:40 - Aug 8 with 5956 viewseghamranger

Think on loan would be very sensible at a decent price.
He would work well in the system but shouldn’t be allowed to take pens .
We are still weak up front as Oteh isn’t all that.
Wells? on 10:44 - Aug 8 with 5913 viewsBostonR

Really clever footballer and on his day is very good - destroyed the Brentford defence at LR last season.

Great move - hope it comes off.
Wells? on 10:44 - Aug 8 with 5913 viewsRblockPrior

Looks like it is going ahead and he has opted for us over other clubs. Will be suited much better to Warburtons style of play

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Wells? on 10:47 - Aug 8 with 5873 viewsHarbour

No thanks very average second half of season and as for penalties do not let him near them
Wells? on 11:01 - Aug 8 with 5751 viewsPikey

Underwhelmed by him.
Last season over rated .
No point having the kid from Brighton as 3rd choice may as well use Oteh
Wells? on 11:07 - Aug 8 with 5696 viewsBlackCrowe

Yes please if Warburton can get consistency out of him and the playing style to suit. On his day last season he looked the most complete striker we've had since Chaz - but he blew hot and cold.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Wells? on 11:42 - Aug 8 with 5484 viewsDejR_vu

I think most strikers are confidence players. Feed them scraps and they’ll snatch at chances and confidence dries up. I don’t think it was any coincidence his form dropped off in our run after Christmas. Give them lots of chances and they’ll get in the groove and start taking them more to regularly.

I think a fit, motivated, confident Wells could be pretty lethal.

Edit: i’d imagine Clive will be a bit gutted we’ve chosen Wells again over Hemed
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 11:51]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wells? on 12:03 - Aug 8 with 5280 viewsDorse

Doesn't feel like a move in the right direction to me but you never know.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wells? on 12:16 - Aug 8 with 5171 viewsDWQPR

Sometimes a good player just needs a good manager, to convince him that he has the ability. Wells pre-Christmas was pulling up trees and looking a very decent player, with great movement and great intelligence. I like him. Personally I think that Warburton can get him going and for me this would be a good move at the right price. Had he scored those pens last season then we would have been raving about him and unlikely to have been able to talk about signing him now given that he would have hit double figures in a struggling side and clubs like Florist and Wednesday would have continued to stick two fingers up at FFP and signed him.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wells? on 12:32 - Aug 8 with 5015 viewsDavieQPR

Didn't start to well either. Scored his first goal on 23rd October. Flattered to deceive a lot.
Wells? on 12:36 - Aug 8 with 4971 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Unnecessary and takes game time from Oteh for me, who even if he’s not going to be a star striker for us still needs to be developed for either a fee later on or as an example of the ‘QPR pathway’.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 12:37]
Wells? on 12:39 - Aug 8 with 4922 viewsLblock

Wells? on 11:42 - Aug 8 by DejR_vu

I think most strikers are confidence players. Feed them scraps and they’ll snatch at chances and confidence dries up. I don’t think it was any coincidence his form dropped off in our run after Christmas. Give them lots of chances and they’ll get in the groove and start taking them more to regularly.

I think a fit, motivated, confident Wells could be pretty lethal.

Edit: i’d imagine Clive will be a bit gutted we’ve chosen Wells again over Hemed
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 11:51]

Operative statement :- "a fit, motivated, confident Wells could be pretty lethal"

He was one of those over used by Schteeve and seemed to suffer.
The real shame was the dip in attitude at the fag end of the season when he started to just play for himself IMHO

I'd take him back if all the Leslie Crowther factors are in place.
Plus also if we have a guaranteed home on loan for Oteh for the season where he will get game time --- any room in Wycombe Rangers squad???????

Him and Hugill up top could be fantastic but we are then pure loan rangers in attack. Not one option is "ours"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wells? on 12:41 - Aug 8 with 4915 viewsBklynRanger

As long as we're being hard-nosed about how much of his wages we'll pay I'd be happy to have him back.
Wells? on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 4818 viewsenfieldargh

no from me, dont like him

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wells? on 12:50 - Aug 8 with 4804 viewsqpr1976

Wells? on 12:39 - Aug 8 by Lblock

Operative statement :- "a fit, motivated, confident Wells could be pretty lethal"

He was one of those over used by Schteeve and seemed to suffer.
The real shame was the dip in attitude at the fag end of the season when he started to just play for himself IMHO

I'd take him back if all the Leslie Crowther factors are in place.
Plus also if we have a guaranteed home on loan for Oteh for the season where he will get game time --- any room in Wycombe Rangers squad???????

Him and Hugill up top could be fantastic but we are then pure loan rangers in attack. Not one option is "ours"

Does no one else think there is room for 4 strikers in our squad of 25 ?
(ok, 28 with Hämäläinen, Kakay & Owens)

Even if we start every game with 1 up front, we'll need 2 on a bench of 7 to cover Plan B or injuries or just chasing the game. Having 4 options would cover us for longer term injuries, suspensions or loss of form, It's not like we can bring anyone else in until January.
Walker hasn't been given a squad number, and he didn't impress much late last season.....Probably better to send him out on loan IMO
Wells? on 13:03 - Aug 8 with 4701 viewsfrancisbowles

Wells? on 12:50 - Aug 8 by qpr1976

Does no one else think there is room for 4 strikers in our squad of 25 ?
(ok, 28 with Hämäläinen, Kakay & Owens)

Even if we start every game with 1 up front, we'll need 2 on a bench of 7 to cover Plan B or injuries or just chasing the game. Having 4 options would cover us for longer term injuries, suspensions or loss of form, It's not like we can bring anyone else in until January.
Walker hasn't been given a squad number, and he didn't impress much late last season.....Probably better to send him out on loan IMO

Oteh needs games.
Wells? on 13:03 - Aug 8 with 4697 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wells? on 12:03 - Aug 8 by Dorse

Doesn't feel like a move in the right direction to me but you never know.

Know what you mean but going into the season with Mlaker and Oteh as 2nd and 3rd choice strikers would worry me more.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024