Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was the window that was — Preview 18:13 - Aug 9 with 2327 viewsNorthernr

That was the window that was — Preview 9th Aug 2019 17:56
A transfer window of more than a dozen departures, and at least that many arrivals, sees a completely revamped QPR team going into Saturday’s game with Huddersfield minus Mass Luongo and plus Nahki Wells. 8

That was the window that was — Preview on 20:23 - Aug 9 with 1965 viewsoldmisery

If you count, as both an 'out' and an 'in', the three that left in May (only to return to the fold in July/August) we lost 18 players to gain 15. The one you missed was Wheeler - no I hardly remember him either.
That was the window that was — Preview on 00:41 - Aug 10 with 1491 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Working yourself into a corner where you have to ostracise a very hard working, valued and effective member of your first team from pre-season to try and force a cut price move just to shift his wage and get any kind of fee you can before he leaves for nothing next summer is poor. No other word for it."

Gonna down-arrow that, Ned Kennedys?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

That was the window that was — Preview on 05:21 - Aug 10 with 1365 viewsrsonist

That was the window that was — Preview on 00:41 - Aug 10 by isawqpratwcity

"Working yourself into a corner where you have to ostracise a very hard working, valued and effective member of your first team from pre-season to try and force a cut price move just to shift his wage and get any kind of fee you can before he leaves for nothing next summer is poor. No other word for it."

Gonna down-arrow that, Ned Kennedys?

Here now you, there's nothing more punk than pressing a button 500 times a day.
That was the window that was — Preview on 05:58 - Aug 10 with 1349 viewsrsonist

Thought Hudds were a little unfortunate v Derby's usual jammy og and long range b0ll0x, and to be honest before Mooy leaving I was half expecting us to get shredded by that absolutely rapid front line who (unlike Stoke) actually want to press and pick off Warbsball - feels more like a job for up-and-at-em Ollie chaos and Big Smith causing panic. So we'll see how adaptable Plan A really is I guess. But the Mooy thing is a huge wildcard, the totem of their recent history leaving at a key moment of uncertainty, and I don't know if Hudds won't just completely disintegrate instead.
That was the window that was — Preview on 06:47 - Aug 10 with 1316 viewsjonno

Thanks for the preview. With regard to the Wells signing, I think we had to sign another striker. Yes, we may play with only one up front but we've no idea if Mlakar is up to playing that role at our level and if not that would only leave us with one striker which would be a massive risk in the event of injuries etc. Plus you yourself banged on last season about McLaren "flogging players to death" in which case Hugill could be burnt out by Christmas if he is playing every game. Given that any new signing is a risk of some sort (whether loan or permanent) then in my view the obvious player to sign is one that you know what you will get from, in this case Wells. Seems like a no brainer to me, although I am assuming that the cost meets our budget of course.
That was the window that was — Preview on 08:16 - Aug 11 with 516 viewswrinklyhoop

I think that’s about right Jonno. I also suspect we negotiated a much better financial deal than last time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024