Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goss and other fringe players 13:37 - Aug 12 with 10812 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Is it too late for them to go out on loan (or give them away?)

Cheers

U R's
Goss and other fringe players on 15:32 - Aug 14 with 2703 viewsrsonist

Goss and other fringe players on 14:57 - Aug 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Guess what? Players can change. Criticism of Grant Hall was justified because he spent too long mimicking Matthew Rose. Thankfully he woke up, knuckled down, sacrificed this summer to improve his fitness and is now finally showing us what he's capable of. He deserves great credit for that but the original criticism was justified, just as it is with Goss.

Except you've just made that all up haven't you.
Goss and other fringe players on 16:32 - Aug 14 with 2602 viewsderbyhoop

Goss and other fringe players on 17:06 - Aug 13 by rsonist

"I've never seen him play but, from the comments... we should bomb him out as soon as possible. Get rid and move on. "

That's you that is.

But, heavily qualified if you read the rest of my comments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Goss and other fringe players on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 2572 viewsDavieQPR

From what I've seen in U23 matches he can deliver good passes but doesn't like to get the ball expects it to be given him. Plays deep like a DM but can't tackle to save his life. Just doesn't suit any of the formations we have played in the last few years.
Goss and other fringe players on 14:08 - Aug 15 with 2352 viewsBakes

Midfielder Charlie Owens has signed a new contract until 2021.

Was on loan at Wycombe for the second half of last season.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Goss and other fringe players on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 2275 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Good news for Charlie Owens. Hopefully he'll kick on and replicate Manning and Chair.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:50]
Goss and other fringe players on 14:50 - Aug 15 with 2266 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goss and other fringe players on 15:32 - Aug 14 by rsonist

Except you've just made that all up haven't you.

No. Where have you been living the last 2 years? The moon? The least you can do is own it.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 14:54]
Goss and other fringe players on 15:05 - Aug 15 with 2221 viewsMaggsinho

Oh his way to Shrewsbury on a free it appears.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/unwanted-goss-close-to-leaving-qpr#.XVVmUg4S
Goss and other fringe players on 15:53 - Aug 15 with 2140 viewskensalriser

Great to learn that Grant Hall has decided to stop malingering and start playing. Idiot that I am, I just thought he'd been unlucky with injuries.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Goss and other fringe players on 15:59 - Aug 15 with 2117 viewsbosh67

Goss certainly has some talent but it appears he just hasn't got the consistency. I saw him fill in as a centre back in a pre-season against Bournemouth and I thought he looked pretty good taking on that role but it never happened again. Perhaps had he had the same aptitude as Manning and the desire he could have retrained for another role. Definitely has a good left foot on him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Goss and other fringe players on 16:00 - Aug 15 with 2114 viewsRBlock

Goss and other fringe players on 15:05 - Aug 15 by Maggsinho

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/unwanted-goss-close-to-leaving-qpr#.XVVmUg4S

Bet Simmo is hard af right now.
Goss and other fringe players on 16:17 - Aug 15 with 2070 viewsPeterS16

Just seen this on The Independent Rs Facebook page

Adam Borsiuk for West London Sport.....Sean Goss appears to be close to leaving QPR.
Shrewsbury are in talks to sign the midfielder, who can leave on a free transfer, and a number of other clubs have indicated that they are also interested.
Goss, 23, has failed to impress since being signed from Manchester United in January 2017.
He did not make a senior appearance for United, has started just three league games for QPR and has had loan spells in Scotland with Glasgow Rangers and St Johnstone.
Goss has a year remaining on his contract but new R’s boss Mark Warburton quickly decided that the player was surplus to requirements and could leave along with David Wheeler, who has since joined Wycombe.
Goss and other fringe players on 16:41 - Aug 15 with 2015 viewssimmo

Goss and other fringe players on 16:00 - Aug 15 by RBlock

Bet Simmo is hard af right now.

I'm not at that level of hatred for him, but I certainly won't be losing any sleep thinking we've let a potential player go here. Huge waste of money for us all told, but we cut our losses and move on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Goss and other fringe players on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 1668 viewsRs_Holy

Goss and other fringe players on 15:05 - Aug 15 by Maggsinho

I was in Shrewsbury last Sunday... very pleasant
Goss and other fringe players on 12:44 - Aug 16 with 1536 viewsdaveB

Good Luck to him, i don't really get the anger towards him. He was a bit of a gamble signing who fitted profile of player we were after at the time, young and development potential but didn't work out, not the end of the world
Goss and other fringe players on 12:50 - Aug 16 with 1503 viewsderbyhoop

Goss and other fringe players on 12:44 - Aug 16 by daveB

Good Luck to him, i don't really get the anger towards him. He was a bit of a gamble signing who fitted profile of player we were after at the time, young and development potential but didn't work out, not the end of the world

Exactly so.
From all comments he appears to have the talent but, maybe , not the physique/desire/competitiveness to make it with us. Or the other clubs where he was loaned out.
A gamble that didn't work. It happens. No sleep lost.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Goss and other fringe players on 12:59 - Aug 16 with 1474 viewsLongsufferingR

Sounds like we actually got a fee for him!
Goss and other fringe players on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 1378 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goss and other fringe players on 15:53 - Aug 15 by kensalriser

Great to learn that Grant Hall has decided to stop malingering and start playing. Idiot that I am, I just thought he'd been unlucky with injuries.

My pleasure. Don't be so on hard on yourself; we're not all lucky to be blessed with natural logical reasoning ability.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 14:22]
Goss and other fringe players on 13:36 - Aug 16 with 1350 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goss gone. Delighted.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sean-goss-joins-shrewsbury-town/

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2019/august/sean-goss-joins-town-from-qpr/
Goss and other fringe players on 13:41 - Aug 16 with 1332 viewssmegma

Goss and other fringe players on 14:57 - Aug 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Guess what? Players can change. Criticism of Grant Hall was justified because he spent too long mimicking Matthew Rose. Thankfully he woke up, knuckled down, sacrificed this summer to improve his fitness and is now finally showing us what he's capable of. He deserves great credit for that but the original criticism was justified, just as it is with Goss.

Criticism of someone who is out injured is totally different to a fit player not being good enough.
Goss and other fringe players on 14:17 - Aug 16 with 1239 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goss and other fringe players on 13:41 - Aug 16 by smegma

Criticism of someone who is out injured is totally different to a fit player not being good enough.

It is somewhat different, granted, but that's besides the point. The key here is their contrasting reactions to constructive criticism. Hall worked hard to improve his fitness and show what he's capable of whilst Goss didn't seem bothered about improving on his weaknesses. That speaks volumes about their respective characters.

For example, there are quite a few posts on this thread about how talented Goss is if given time and space but he doesn't relish the physical side of the game. It doesn't take a genius to see that he needs to hit the gym but here we are 2 years later and there's still more meat on a sparrow's kneecap.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 14:23]
Goss and other fringe players on 14:27 - Aug 16 with 1206 viewsrobith

Was about to Photoshop Goss in with those two Russians before realising that was Salisbury
Goss and other fringe players on 14:49 - Aug 16 with 1158 viewsRBlock

Goss and other fringe players on 12:59 - Aug 16 by LongsufferingR

Sounds like we actually got a fee for him!

I'd be surprised if it was anything more than a nominal 'undisclosed' fee. He will surely be taking a wage drop to go there, and with a year left on his contract with us I'm surprised we haven't paid him to leave.
Goss and other fringe players on 14:53 - Aug 16 with 1142 viewssexton

Goss wasn't helped by the club hyping him up with an introduction to the crowd after he signed and handing him the sacred number 10 shirt.

He really wasn't very good though.
Goss and other fringe players on 15:32 - Aug 16 with 1066 viewsTonto

undisclosed FEE

not expecting that we got much, but at least it was something!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Goss and other fringe players on 15:37 - Aug 16 with 1056 viewslongbottom

Goss and other fringe players on 15:32 - Aug 16 by Tonto

undisclosed FEE

not expecting that we got much, but at least it was something!

Yep. That'll be about £50 then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024