Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. 08:26 - Aug 14 with 3720 viewsnix

Last season we lost six out of our first ten league matches and drew one, albeit we lost against some difficult sides, including two of the teams that eventually went up. But still we only got ten out of a possible thirty.

So far, we've got four out of six.

What do people think we can get for the same period this season.

Our fixtures are:

Bristol City A
Swansea H
Wigan H
Sheffield W A
Luton H
Millwall A
WBA H
Cardiff A

I reckon we can get a further twelve points here. What's the view?
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 08:30 - Aug 14 with 3698 viewsCroydonCaptJack

There is some tough away fixtures in there so it will be a good test.

10-12 points from those. Any more would suggest a good season ahead.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 3453 viewsRblockPrior

I would take 12 points from those if I was offered them, that said we are more than capable of getting 14/15 points from them

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 16:57 - Aug 14 with 3432 viewsheadhoops

Its a big if, if we keep the current momentum then there are some winnable games in the list. You would have to fancy us at home and there really are a couple of potential away's.

Bristol City - draw 1pt
Swansea - draw 1pt
Wigan - win 3 pts
Sheffield W - loss - 0pts
Luton - win 3pts
Millwall A - draw - 1pt
WBA - lose - 0pts
Cardiff A lose 0 pts

Total of 9 pts would be bare minimum so take any double figure haul.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:03 - Aug 14 with 3415 viewsdaveB

The home games look winnable so would expect us to be around halfway as still not convinced we'll do that well away from home
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:07 - Aug 14 with 3410 viewsPinnerPaul

As you would expect the bookies have shortened us up on all the positive markets and lengthened us for the negatives ones but really its so hard to tell yet.

We LOOK like a team that has a consistency to the way we play AND the squad looks stronger than any we have seen in a while.

Will be disappointed if we finish bottom half now - still trying to keep a lid on the optimism!
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 3409 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not sure it's possible to guess the results of Championship games accurately.

However i'm certain that if we sustain our form so far then we'll be top six easy and in a promotion place by the end of the season.

We are the irritating team that I dreaded playing last season.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:50 - Aug 14 with 3359 viewsDannyPaddox

if teams do what Huddersfield did on their visit and park the bus there may be a few frustrating home games where we can’t unlock the opposition and they hit us on the break. When we go away and the home team takes the initiative and want a good old game of football we’ll go toe to toe with them. I foresee some great away days coming up and overall we’re just as likely to be successful away as we are at home. Speaking to a Bees mate in the summer about Warburton he said you’ll see good football and you’ll see plenty of goals ... at both ends. Seems the case so far. Where will be after ten games? I quite like this nestling in the top 6 malarkey.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:54 - Aug 14 with 3349 viewsPinnerPaul

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:50 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

if teams do what Huddersfield did on their visit and park the bus there may be a few frustrating home games where we can’t unlock the opposition and they hit us on the break. When we go away and the home team takes the initiative and want a good old game of football we’ll go toe to toe with them. I foresee some great away days coming up and overall we’re just as likely to be successful away as we are at home. Speaking to a Bees mate in the summer about Warburton he said you’ll see good football and you’ll see plenty of goals ... at both ends. Seems the case so far. Where will be after ten games? I quite like this nestling in the top 6 malarkey.

Pretty sensible analysis based on what we've seen so far.

Although Huddersfield only parked the bus after they scored tbf.

Poorer teams than them might well go for the point from minute 1 though I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:13 - Aug 14 with 3316 viewsnix

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:54 - Aug 14 by PinnerPaul

Pretty sensible analysis based on what we've seen so far.

Although Huddersfield only parked the bus after they scored tbf.

Poorer teams than them might well go for the point from minute 1 though I guess.

We struggled a bit last season against the park-the-bus teams. Interesting to see if Warburton's teams do better. I think possibly yes as we already seem to move the ball quicker than last season, which helps against these teams I think.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:16 - Aug 14 with 3312 viewsPinnerPaul

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:13 - Aug 14 by nix

We struggled a bit last season against the park-the-bus teams. Interesting to see if Warburton's teams do better. I think possibly yes as we already seem to move the ball quicker than last season, which helps against these teams I think.

Yes I agree.

The key is patience and trying something a bit more subtle than throwing on Matt Smith for the last 15 and sending Joel Lynch up front for the last 5!
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:23 - Aug 14 with 3302 viewsnix

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:16 - Aug 14 by PinnerPaul

Yes I agree.

The key is patience and trying something a bit more subtle than throwing on Matt Smith for the last 15 and sending Joel Lynch up front for the last 5!

Oh god. I'd forgotten about Lynch going up front 🤯
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:29 - Aug 14 with 3290 viewsPinnerPaul

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:23 - Aug 14 by nix

Oh god. I'd forgotten about Lynch going up front 🤯

How could anyone forget that!
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:39 - Aug 14 with 3269 viewsEmpireStateRanger

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:29 - Aug 14 by PinnerPaul

How could anyone forget that!

To be honest I erased that from my memory until you brought it up.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 19:33 - Aug 14 with 3168 viewsEsox_Lucius

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:39 - Aug 14 by EmpireStateRanger

To be honest I erased that from my memory until you brought it up.

One thing we CAN guarantee is getting shithoused by PNE at home and away.

The grass is always greener.

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 3155 viewsVancouverHoop

For the first time in years we appear to have genuine depth in the squad. You don't look at the team sheet and have your stomach sink because so-and-so isn't playing (or another so-and-so is!) We're also spreading goals around which is excellent. But it is only three matches, at this stage every game will offer a different kind of challenge. For instance it's difficult to win back-to-back games against the same team in any sport, and I reckon Bristol are really going come after us hard on Saturday. If we get out of there with a point we'll have done well. But, there are way more good signs than bad, I hope we're over fifteen points after leaving Cardiff.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 20:14 - Aug 14 with 3115 viewsEmpireStateRanger

It's just nice to have the sense that we won't be staring relegation in the face come April and May, which we haven't been able to say the last three seasons. The team looks composed and skillful, and most importantly, they're actually fun to watch! That's what will ultimately bring people back to W12.

As for the next eight games, I would be thrilled with anything above 10 points. Some tough fixtures in there, along with a couple of very winnable ones.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 20:14]
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 22:21 - Aug 14 with 2986 viewsDavieQPR

We are capable of winning all those and capable of losing them. Be like us to beat them all but lose to Wigan and Luton.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 23:27 - Aug 14 with 2864 viewskensalriser

3 wins, 3 losses, two draws.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 10:20 - Aug 15 with 2637 viewsfrancisbowles

We've got to be careful about not starting slow or we could find ourselves a couple of early goals down and facing the kind of confidence draining defeat that we dread.

So on the attack but tight at the back, Cameron doing his stuff as a shield, being mindful of those gaps behind the full backs, especially if the opponents have a fast winger. Being even more careful with the ball in the opening period and being prepared for the keeper to pass it long when we are being pressed. It is usually a safer option and the right pass can open up the opposition and get us higher up the pitch ala Lumley leading to Eze's goal at Stoke. We have to be aware of those in the squad who have lots to offer but may not be as comfortable with the ball. When they are playing encourage them to take the safer option and play to their personal strengths.

Going well so far and very enjoyable. Sure to be some bad days ahead, even the Warnock team lost 4-1 at Scunthorpe and 3-1 at home to Watford on the back of a 19 game unbeaten run. Those results were the exception and that squad knew how to grind out a win or draw when they had to and after a defeat or two started building another haul of points.

If this squad can show the right grit, spirit and bounce back ability, it can be the best season for a good few years.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:12 - Aug 31 with 2332 viewsCiderwithRsie

Halfway there.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:23 - Aug 31 with 2239 viewsnix

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:12 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Halfway there.

Can't believe it! I looked at my prediction of 12 points after a couple of days and thought I was mad to say that. Of course we still might get six points altogether. But we've given ourselves a chance. And it wasn't a particularly easy run either.

I don't think any of us thought our new striker would have the best goals per minute ratio in the Championship at this stage though!
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 18:03 - Aug 31 with 2079 viewsTGRRRSSS

Doing far better than I thought and Warburton is impressing me thus far I must say.

Nevertheless it's early days and Portsmouth was annoying in that we lost but in the overall context I wasnt too worried.
How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 1804 viewsBoston

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 23:27 - Aug 14 by kensalriser

3 wins, 3 losses, two draws.

Too late to put a bet on ?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How do we picture us after the first ten league matches. on 17:01 - Sep 21 with 1211 viewsCiderwithRsie

Job done.

Two games spare.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024