Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leistner for Barbet 22:03 - Aug 21 with 11423 viewsHunterhoop

An absolute must. Shambles of a performance from Barbet. The pen was rank stupidity. That’s now 3 goals in 3 games he’s been at fault for.

But that’s the obvious. Where was the great ball player? Lots of long diagonals a la Lynch. Where was he for their free header for the third? How many times was he beaten to the ball by their forward?

On current showing he’s neither quick, nor strong, nor good in the air, nor good at positioning, nor great at tackling. He’s competent on the ball but no more.

We will continue to concede 2+ a game with him and Hall. For all his faults, Leistner gets himself in the way and defends. We desperately need to be able to defend. On the ball we looked fine today and it wasn’t Barbet orchestrating things.

If Warburton is operating a meritocracy, Barber spends a few games on the bench.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:24 - Aug 22 with 2244 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Leistner for Barbet on 12:18 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

I don’t think there’s any scapegoating. It’s reasoned opinion and analysis, and others disagree; that’s fine.

Equally, I don’t get this narrative that Leistner couldn’t possibly play in this team/shape/style. He’s not terrible on the ball at all. Barbet isn’t that much better! And, at best, he’s marginally quicker. Leistner was a pretty well respected defender last year. And Barbet has done nothing in his career to suggest he’s a Prem centre half, let alone the reincarnation of Rio Ferdinand in his pomp.

Barbet is much better on the ball. He is composed, has vision, and some pace. All things Leistner lacks. Put them together you would have a good player. Neither have any chance of being a Prem centre half. However we are playing Warburton's system and it suits Barbet.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:26 - Aug 22 with 2233 viewsrsonist

Leistner for Barbet on 12:33 - Aug 22 by simmo

Mate, Barbet arguably cost us the game last night and has conceded 2 penalties in our first 4 games (not including his part in the comedy goal in Bristol). People are allowed to highlight that as a problem.

"Highlight" meaning "shambles....rank stupidity" and "an absolute must" we drop him immediately. Some finely minced words you got there.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 2221 viewsDannytheR

Leistner for Barbet on 13:00 - Aug 22 by Maggsinho

Thought this was interesting.

So, is his rash of penalties bad luck, a sign he's out of form, a sign our system is isolating him? Dunno.

It is interesting. I'm a big fan of Grant Hall but it's not like Barbet is playing alongside a central defensive rock at the moment - and centre backs are a partnership more than anyone else on the pitch.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 2218 viewsheadhoops

Last nights game is the first time that I have been able to see the team live this season. Had Barbet not made the penalty challenge; a) I think we would have gone on to win and, b) nobody would have noticed his performance as he did most of the basics, well basic.

First goal was a series of errors, Manning corner too long, Smith losing it and Amos giving up chasing back. Penalty. The third, Bidwell got lucky with the deflection that took the ball to Ayew and no defenders picking up the man.

I don't doubt that the BFG could step in I would stick with Barbet. My change would be up top where Chair has to start ahead of Smith. We also have to get either of Chair/Eze closer to Hugill who I thought put in a shift last night.

Even though we lost and in the manner we did so - this season is sooo much better than last year - from the start of the 2nd half to their penalty it was all relentless R's pressure.
For me the futures bright. Manning, Chair Eze Bright in fact.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Leistner for Barbet on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 2218 viewsw7r

Watched on the stream last night and for the first 30 mins or so thought we looked far the better side and were right back in it when Hugill scored and then Barbet made that ridiculous challange and that was curtains. Did anyone get a good view of the possible Bidwell handball in front of the loft? I couldn't tell from the stream but the commentator seemed adamant he'd handled it. His bodyshape looked all wrong and it looked as though he may have handled.

I was a bit disappointed with Swansea timewasting so early on - thought the ref was quite leanient on some of the fouls - Manning getting a lot of attention.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 2207 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Leistner for Barbet on 22:25 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm glad you said it Hunter because I know you pride yourself on central defensive know-how. I've been very underwhelmed with Barbet for all the reasons you cited but what I found incredulous on Saturday was the lack of acknowledgement for his part in the second goal. Yes Rangel shouldn't have thrown the ball back and yes Lumley made a hash of the clearance but Barbet took no responsibility at all and rather threw Joe under the bus by allowing the ball to simply run through.

Hall may have the armband but he has just returned from a lengthy lay-off and needs time to get up-to-speed. In the meantime, he needs a leader alongside him that will have his back and do the simple things well. If not Leistner, then Cameron could slot into central defence with Scowen ratting. Once Wallace is fit he could take the left back spot with Manning replacing Scowen in defensive midfield.

Manning is not a defensive midfielder. If memory serves me right, wasn't he a left winger before Holloway handed him is debut? Which is probably made his transition to a left back an easy fit.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:58 - Aug 22 with 2152 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Leistner for Barbet on 13:35 - Aug 22 by dodge_stoke_r

Manning is not a defensive midfielder. If memory serves me right, wasn't he a left winger before Holloway handed him is debut? Which is probably made his transition to a left back an easy fit.

I'm not so sure about that but in any event he's a midfielder who's filled in well at left-back so I think he has the right characteristics to succeed in the defensive midfield role. In any event, you're missing the key point I made. If Warburton has reservations about Leistner fitting his football philosophy then he could drop Cameron into central defence and work on Barbet on the training ground. What he mustn't do is keep a player who's hopelessly out of fom in the team just to suit his style.
Leistner for Barbet on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 2099 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Despite Barbet playing reasonably well and some lovely passes, I keep watching the highlights and see his challenge and just think what the f*ck were you thinking. In no dangerous position whatsoever, why he thought I'm going to sprint and lunge into this I do not know. Joel Lynchesque. Hopefully he doesn't do it again

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Leistner for Barbet on 14:50 - Aug 22 with 2091 viewssimmo

Leistner for Barbet on 13:26 - Aug 22 by rsonist

"Highlight" meaning "shambles....rank stupidity" and "an absolute must" we drop him immediately. Some finely minced words you got there.

Jesus, you're a pedant sometimes.

I just mean it can be brought up and discussed on this forum, sometimes in strong terms, without it meaning we're making a scapegoat.

Also, quoting the most extreme examples to try to make a point against me ignores the reasoned and thought out criticism and solutions being discussed, which are in the majority.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Leistner for Barbet on 21:29 - Aug 22 with 1952 viewsPommyhoop

Leistner for Barbet on 13:21 - Aug 22 by timcocking

You haven't? Can you read?

If you think removing a (supposed) ball player in the centre and swapping him for a stopper won't have a significant detrimental effect on any teams' ability to retain possession, i don't really know what to say to that, other than i'm guessing you haven't actually played much football in reality? Of course that'd be abandoning plan A, Jesus wept.

Yeah ,yeah f@ckin yeah.We all know you played football, you crow about it every 3rd boring post you put up. Well guess what so did I but I don't brag about it .Its not big and its not clever as my old Mum used to say.
The only hysterical posts I've read are by sanctimonious, patronizing dikeads like you.

edit .....you putting (supposed) in your post was a bit of an own goal don't you think?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 21:32]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Leistner for Barbet on 21:31 - Aug 22 with 1949 viewsBurnleyhoop

Conceded 3 penalties in the last 7 games......idiotic at best.... sort your shit out dude!
Leistner for Barbet on 10:02 - Aug 23 with 1806 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can we at least get him to change his name? My predictive text keeps writing Barber.
Leistner for Barbet on 10:57 - Aug 23 with 1772 viewsWatford_Ranger

scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I just blame him for his own mistakes which have so far been pretty big ones. I’d still like to stick with Plan A but god help us all if it happens again tomorrow.
Leistner for Barbet on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 1540 viewsDejR_vu

I thought we looked far better with BFG on the pitch. Didn’t concede and scored three. Maybe a better team would have undone us, who knows, but he was more than good enough today.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Leistner for Barbet on 19:34 - Aug 24 with 1497 viewsStreathamRanger

He was great. That mouthy little Wigan forward had our centre backs and Lumley rattled in the first half. Toni dealt with him in the second half.

This also freed Hall and Barbet to play a bit more football in the second half and they got forward and supported the attacks really well in the second half. Quite often we had just Leistner and Ball or Smith sitting deep with everyone else attacking. It was great to watch.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 19:36]
Leistner for Barbet on 19:57 - Aug 24 with 1354 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

At one point Leistner took the ball well into the midfield and pulled a quality pass that if it had come off would have been the best assist of the season.

Felt like a bit of a fck you moment.

Barbet mistackled a few times but launched a couple of class passes out wide that set in motion some nice attacks.

I’d say stick with him for those for now but glad Leistner is breathing down his neck.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 20:01]
Leistner for Barbet on 20:04 - Aug 24 with 1320 viewsStreathamRanger

It will be interesting to see if he thinks 3 at the back might be something worth starting wihh. Rangel was good in the second half but Kane has more pace and could do some real damage in that system.
Leistner for Barbet on 20:05 - Aug 24 with 1318 viewsrsonist

This is all a bit of a departure for Warbs isn't it? Six changes already had a whiff of tombola and then a (reasoned, thought-through) tactical change at HT on top. Fair play.
Leistner for Barbet on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 1305 viewsStreathamRanger

I think we missed Cameron in the first half. It's not really working out for Scowen at the moment. His touch isn't quite as good as those around him and his passing can be hit and miss. I like that Warbs has given him the opportunity to play through a slightly rocky patch but when all others are fit, I don't see him as a starter. Ball was basic but better than Scowen today.
Leistner for Barbet on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 978 viewsBenny_the_Ball

So in the end the answer to the OP was not Leistner for Barbet but add Leistner to Barbet and Hall! Still, for me the original questions remain should Warburton revert to his favoured formation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024