Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton on defeat 22:29 - Aug 21 with 4708 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-reacts-to-swansea-defeat/

Hard to argue with any of that. I think the changes on the forum tonight may happen. He is brutally honest and although we have lost a few I hope that he is brave enough to take the decisions to change the CB partnership and give players like BOS, Chair and Eze the platform to go and hurt teams. All 3 are really coming along.

Having watched tonight's game, unlike other seasons where we have lost and looked clueless, if we can fix the problems surfacing at the moment we could be a very developing and exciting team. Just need that home win.

I don't think we are under any illusions. It will be a tough season but if we get this right the platform is there to be a team that holds its own and entertains.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton on defeat on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 3502 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, brutally honest. Fair play to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on defeat on 22:39 - Aug 21 with 3473 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Interviewer: " The scoreline doesn't look too favourable but in many ways was that the best that Rangers have played this season?"

Warburton: "No."

Ridiculous question. Fair play to Warburton for honest answers.

"It's us being loose and naive in key areas of the park and we have to eradicate that quickly. We can't be seen as a team with a soft under-belly".
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 22:45]
Warburton on defeat on 22:55 - Aug 21 with 3349 viewsessextaxiboy

We gifted a good team two goals and went toe to toe with them the whole game . I think their are lots of positives . Chair , Eze who's defending was superb IMO and BOS who.looks like a different player under Warburton . Barbet , is making some poor decisions ,but I think his passing into Hugill and Eze was Ok especially 2nd half . Better than a punt into the corners . Pugh looked lively and we will need his experience .Crap result but green shoots ...
Warburton on defeat on 23:03 - Aug 21 with 3287 viewsqueensparker

I’m not too down after that - it’s a whole new team we’ve got here, playing football I wouldn’t have believed possible of us after years of high energy grift, but we have to cut out the stupid f–king mistakes which basically gifted them their first and second goals plus points in the other games

Both Swansea and Bristol City look like real contenders this year and we’ve given both of them a proper battle not by putting 10 men behind the ball and grafting but also by by passing and keeping possession.

Give Warburton and these guys a bit of time and keep the toys in the pram for now, we’ve been in way worse positions than this (ie every season since Zamora Day).

Random final thought - reckon Luongo would have been brilliant in this setup in the New Smith/Amos roles.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:26]
Warburton on defeat on 23:05 - Aug 21 with 3271 viewsted_hendrix

'Gifting' teams who are top of the league is ridiculous of course it is and those teams will invariably punish you.
However four league games into a bloody long season in my opinion doesn't give the Manager a complete idea of where we are on the pitch given the fact that we are still blooding new players into the squad.
Just my opinion again but I think we've got a pretty decent squad of players to work with and a good Manager and I have every confidence that Warburton will sort our problems out.
Shyte result tonight, take it on the chin and get back on the training pitch tomorrow morning.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton on defeat on 23:52 - Aug 21 with 3102 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well... the one excuse he won't really have is, not my players.

Personally, I think peps have been over-optimistic about Warburton.

Pretty football with a soft underbelly in the last 2 games.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton on defeat on 23:59 - Aug 21 with 3091 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton on defeat on 23:03 - Aug 21 by queensparker

I’m not too down after that - it’s a whole new team we’ve got here, playing football I wouldn’t have believed possible of us after years of high energy grift, but we have to cut out the stupid f–king mistakes which basically gifted them their first and second goals plus points in the other games

Both Swansea and Bristol City look like real contenders this year and we’ve given both of them a proper battle not by putting 10 men behind the ball and grafting but also by by passing and keeping possession.

Give Warburton and these guys a bit of time and keep the toys in the pram for now, we’ve been in way worse positions than this (ie every season since Zamora Day).

Random final thought - reckon Luongo would have been brilliant in this setup in the New Smith/Amos roles.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:26]

Agreed with all of that until you mentioned the waddler.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton on defeat on 05:46 - Aug 22 with 2886 viewsMelakaRanger

Warburton on defeat on 23:05 - Aug 21 by ted_hendrix

'Gifting' teams who are top of the league is ridiculous of course it is and those teams will invariably punish you.
However four league games into a bloody long season in my opinion doesn't give the Manager a complete idea of where we are on the pitch given the fact that we are still blooding new players into the squad.
Just my opinion again but I think we've got a pretty decent squad of players to work with and a good Manager and I have every confidence that Warburton will sort our problems out.
Shyte result tonight, take it on the chin and get back on the training pitch tomorrow morning.

Currently It seems every silly mistake we make gifts the opposition a goal. However we are just 4 games into the season and although, like many, I am critical of certain players I think we should all wait until the International break before making any real assessments.

Despite these disappointing results Ive seen plenty to be encouraged by. Lets hope MW can coach out these 'mistakes'
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on defeat on 06:06 - Aug 22 with 2855 viewsPommyhoop

Warburton on defeat on 05:46 - Aug 22 by MelakaRanger

Currently It seems every silly mistake we make gifts the opposition a goal. However we are just 4 games into the season and although, like many, I am critical of certain players I think we should all wait until the International break before making any real assessments.

Despite these disappointing results Ive seen plenty to be encouraged by. Lets hope MW can coach out these 'mistakes'

Fair play lads. I concur, especially when you look at the financial mess we were/are in when he joined.I'm leaving my colours on that mast ...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Warburton on defeat on 07:19 - Aug 22 with 2721 viewsRs_Holy

Agree with just about everyone on this thread. For me the game hinged on the pen as we were well on top at that point. Some of our build up play was great to watch and Chair made a huge difference when he came on.
Wasnt quite sure where Warbs was going with the subs at first but he knew exactly what he was doing :)
Warburton on defeat on 07:37 - Aug 22 with 2649 viewstoboboly

I think Smith looks like the weaker link in midfield. Would like to see Chair in for him, Cameron/Scowen sitting deep and thought Pugh looked good last night.

Someone has to tell Barbet to start being a defender and to stop the brain farts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Warburton on defeat on 07:55 - Aug 22 with 2610 viewsHunterhoop

Warburton on defeat on 07:37 - Aug 22 by toboboly

I think Smith looks like the weaker link in midfield. Would like to see Chair in for him, Cameron/Scowen sitting deep and thought Pugh looked good last night.

Someone has to tell Barbet to start being a defender and to stop the brain farts.

I think Scowen is a far weaker link. The bloke cannot pick a forward pass and needs 3 touches to control it.

For a team trying to play this style, he simply isn’t up to it. Would much rather see Smith there, or Amos, or Manning....as long as they are disciplined and get back behind the ball as soon as we lose it.
Warburton on defeat on 08:33 - Aug 22 with 2543 viewsozranger

Warburton on defeat on 07:55 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

I think Scowen is a far weaker link. The bloke cannot pick a forward pass and needs 3 touches to control it.

For a team trying to play this style, he simply isn’t up to it. Would much rather see Smith there, or Amos, or Manning....as long as they are disciplined and get back behind the ball as soon as we lose it.

Interesting about Scowen. To me, he seems to have been placed in that forward role to win balls high up the ground or at least to create mistakes by the opposition defence. This is a new role for him as he tended to be in the Cameron role or certinaly much further back. Scowen is a ball-winner and not a distributor and that concurs with your assessment as well. Trouble is that he has to win the ball more often than he does and too often he gets placed in a position of being a link man which he struggles with. Depending on how bad Amos is, we could see Scowen playing a bit more and hopefully he can get both his ability and confidence up.
Warburton on defeat on 08:41 - Aug 22 with 2504 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warburton on defeat on 23:52 - Aug 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well... the one excuse he won't really have is, not my players.

Personally, I think peps have been over-optimistic about Warburton.

Pretty football with a soft underbelly in the last 2 games.

I have witnessed two games we have lost through silly errors but have arguably been the better team in both. Some lovely football on display as well.
Warburton on defeat on 09:10 - Aug 22 with 2435 viewsElHoop

Pluses - very nice football at times; Eze was magnificent; Pugh looked like he should be starting games now; Manning was very tidy and willing; we never gave up.

Minuses - set pieces were rubbish (their first goal came from a break from our badly taken corner); offsides - never seen us have so many offsides in a game; defence looked likely to concede every time the Swans stepped up a gear; lack of midfield cohesion in the first half; poor finishing.
Warburton on defeat on 09:20 - Aug 22 with 2391 viewsEastR

Warburton on defeat on 07:37 - Aug 22 by toboboly

the BFG will be back to break up the current partnership, which is by far our biggest current weakness

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Warburton on defeat on 09:25 - Aug 22 with 2375 viewsrsonist

Fair assessment on his part, but put it this way, if Warburton hadn't have talked about naivety and soft underbellies as many times as he has done in his career he wouldn't be in charge of us. This is what it's looked like it would be with him from the outside and indeed exactly what we were told to expect.

Not denying there aren't plenty of positives to focus on (and please don't start chirping on at the loan kids now you thick cnts...) but every game goes by we look a bit softer, everyone else a bit harder, and the league that much tougher.
Warburton on defeat on 09:33 - Aug 22 with 2346 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Warburton on defeat on 08:41 - Aug 22 by CroydonCaptJack

I have witnessed two games we have lost through silly errors but have arguably been the better team in both. Some lovely football on display as well.

My sentiments exactly - I'm actually looking forward to seeing us play for the first time in years!
Warburton on defeat on 10:13 - Aug 22 with 2252 viewssimmo

Good interview and he says all the right things, hopefully he acts on his words and utlises some of the ‘competition’ we have for places, but I do think there’s plenty to work with and I’d rather go down 3-1 with 22 attempts than spend the game deep, tight and narrow only to get beat anyway. On another day we could have rattled in 4 or 5 and Swansea are less clinical — sure we’ll have one of those games at some point soon, hopefully Saturday…

You also have to say that although we’re leaking goals at an alarming rate, the methods, coaching and way of playing is really getting the most out of the attacking players. Maybe it’s the fact they’re more settled now it’s their 2nd seasons or whatever, but Eze and especially Bright are properly taking responsibility for the team going forwards. Bright has been let off the lead big time here, he’s terrorising people and starting to show end product too — so great to see.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Warburton on defeat on 10:35 - Aug 22 with 2196 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warburton on defeat on 10:13 - Aug 22 by simmo

Good interview and he says all the right things, hopefully he acts on his words and utlises some of the ‘competition’ we have for places, but I do think there’s plenty to work with and I’d rather go down 3-1 with 22 attempts than spend the game deep, tight and narrow only to get beat anyway. On another day we could have rattled in 4 or 5 and Swansea are less clinical — sure we’ll have one of those games at some point soon, hopefully Saturday…

You also have to say that although we’re leaking goals at an alarming rate, the methods, coaching and way of playing is really getting the most out of the attacking players. Maybe it’s the fact they’re more settled now it’s their 2nd seasons or whatever, but Eze and especially Bright are properly taking responsibility for the team going forwards. Bright has been let off the lead big time here, he’s terrorising people and starting to show end product too — so great to see.

100% this.
Warburton on defeat on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 2172 viewsdaveB

Warburton on defeat on 07:55 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

Smith was struggling last night but do agree Scowen was poor again
Warburton on defeat on 10:58 - Aug 22 with 2153 viewsA40Bosh

So many people on the central line home last night chatting positively about that performance and no one slating the actual result.

At 1:1 we had them on the ropes from their kickoff and if that chance immediately had gone in I think we would have tanked them.

Unfortunately totally naive defending to lunge in and give away the penalty. I still saw us coming back.

Plus points: Eze his usual self going forward but a number of times he tracked back with his man and snuffed out an attack.

Chair looking like a real talent.

Manning on the left has a great left foot for getting ball in to the box but not leaving it anywhere near the keeper.

Pugh seemed more up to speed when he came on last night

BOS was BOSS

I think it will happen this Saturday.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warburton on defeat on 11:06 - Aug 22 with 2129 viewsHarbour

Shame couple of mistakes ruined good overall performance. Entertaining game both sides playing positive football. Much better start to the season compared to last year. Hopefully MW keeps the team positive and we get a win on Saturday really hoping Barbet improves and he does not become the Lynch replacement fall guy. The kids doing well some great performances from Eze Chair Manning and Ose.
Warburton on defeat on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 2041 viewsTHEBUSH

Very disappointing result, but last two games have been against decent teams.

Think we can see why Warburton wanted the Aberdeen centre half.
Warburton on defeat on 13:55 - Aug 22 with 1862 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton on defeat on 22:39 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Interviewer: " The scoreline doesn't look too favourable but in many ways was that the best that Rangers have played this season?"

Warburton: "No."

Ridiculous question. Fair play to Warburton for honest answers.

"It's us being loose and naive in key areas of the park and we have to eradicate that quickly. We can't be seen as a team with a soft under-belly".
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 22:45]

The interviewer is also the offy commentator.

He manages to annoy me more every week I have to listen to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024