Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banfield red card 12:20 - Aug 22 with 2657 viewsWrightUp5hit___

What happened there then?
Banfield red card on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 2621 viewsflynnbo

Was wondering the same. Think it happened straight after our near misses in the penalty box- over exuberant claims for handball maybe?
Banfield red card on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 2584 viewsNW5Hoop

He was going mental at the fourth official after the penalty appeal. Obviously went too mental.
Banfield red card on 12:40 - Aug 22 with 2535 viewsWalnut

Banfield red card on 12:33 - Aug 22 by NW5Hoop

He was going mental at the fourth official after the penalty appeal. Obviously went too mental.

As the ref flashed the red, he made a diving save gesture with both hands so it was about the handball
Banfield red card on 14:02 - Aug 22 with 2276 viewsWatford_Ranger

Banfield red card on 12:40 - Aug 22 by Walnut

As the ref flashed the red, he made a diving save gesture with both hands so it was about the handball

The commentary didn’t mention it nor did the Beeb report. Was it that blatant?
Banfield red card on 14:13 - Aug 22 with 2233 viewsRog

Yep. Was right behind it, clear as day. Ref may not have seen it as there were a lot of players in the way but everyone called it around us. Obvs as the Ellerslie lino was completely unaware of any of the rules of the game he did nothing.
Banfield red card on 15:21 - Aug 22 with 2060 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 14:13 - Aug 22 by Rog

Yep. Was right behind it, clear as day. Ref may not have seen it as there were a lot of players in the way but everyone called it around us. Obvs as the Ellerslie lino was completely unaware of any of the rules of the game he did nothing.

Too far away from him and if anything even more players in his way I would have thought.

Also I couldn't understand why everyone was going mad about the BOS offside call right near the end.

He was miles offside, the fact that the ball struck a Swansea player on the way doesn't make him onside.
Banfield red card on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 2045 viewsEsox_Lucius

Banfield red card on 15:21 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Too far away from him and if anything even more players in his way I would have thought.

Also I couldn't understand why everyone was going mad about the BOS offside call right near the end.

He was miles offside, the fact that the ball struck a Swansea player on the way doesn't make him onside.

Wasn't that the one near the end that was given against Hugill (due to the positioning of the free kick) but he wan't active? Also, which part of the handball law deemed that Bidwell smothering the ball with his arms and body wasn't handball under the new interpretation?

The grass is always greener.

Banfield red card on 15:28 - Aug 22 with 2038 viewsMick_S

Used to hear "came off their own player" all the time to try and justify an onside - am I right in saying that the only way BOS could have been onside is if a Swansea player (not noticing BOS) played an uninterrupted back pass to his keeper that was intercepted?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Banfield red card on 15:49 - Aug 22 with 1977 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 15:25 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

Wasn't that the one near the end that was given against Hugill (due to the positioning of the free kick) but he wan't active? Also, which part of the handball law deemed that Bidwell smothering the ball with his arms and body wasn't handball under the new interpretation?

Seen the hand ball and yes I think it was.

Reason I don't think ref saw it is that was another appeal (not handball this time) soon after that he dismissed using the cutting arms motion. It was a big shout against Bidwell, if he saw it then I think he would have made same motion, or given it of course!
Banfield red card on 15:52 - Aug 22 with 1965 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 15:28 - Aug 22 by Mick_S

Used to hear "came off their own player" all the time to try and justify an onside - am I right in saying that the only way BOS could have been onside is if a Swansea player (not noticing BOS) played an uninterrupted back pass to his keeper that was intercepted?

Not quite, it could be any 'deliberate act' by Swansea player.

EG if he tried to head the ball backwards to keeper and QPR player intercepted it, that's fine.

This one though just hit the Swansea player on the head. You're right - you used to be able to be 'played onside' but that changed a long long time ago.
Banfield red card on 15:54 - Aug 22 with 1956 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 15:25 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

There was one against Hugill that the ref missed - how with 'comms' I don't know but he did.

When he eventually blew his whistle it looked a nonsense call, but the flag had gone up much earlier.

AR did the right thing, ref somehow missed him.
Banfield red card on 16:33 - Aug 22 with 1863 viewsdaveB

it was right in front of him, wasn't too far away at all. Bidwell dives in with his arm up and it clearly hit him. Diabolical decision
Banfield red card on 17:13 - Aug 22 with 1727 viewsQPROslo

Banfield red card on 14:02 - Aug 22 by Watford_Ranger

The commentary didn’t mention it nor did the Beeb report. Was it that blatant?

Sinton and the other one certainly mentioned it on the Officials stream! A diabolical decision not to give us a pen and Bidwell red + banned from LR/KP forever. Doubt Sinton will be presenting Bidwell as a Forever R just yet.
Banfield red card on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 1648 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 16:33 - Aug 22 by daveB

it was right in front of him, wasn't too far away at all. Bidwell dives in with his arm up and it clearly hit him. Diabolical decision

Sorry Dave if not clear - too far away from AR I meant. Won't get many ARs flagging for something when the ref is much closer, which in this case he was - albeit as I said above I think he was unsighted
Banfield red card on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 1645 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 17:13 - Aug 22 by QPROslo

Sinton and the other one certainly mentioned it on the Officials stream! A diabolical decision not to give us a pen and Bidwell red + banned from LR/KP forever. Doubt Sinton will be presenting Bidwell as a Forever R just yet.

Never thought about the red card - you're right would have been red if pen given.
Banfield red card on 18:29 - Aug 22 with 1568 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was watching the line, and at the time Scowen struck it, no one was offside - although it may have looked like he was because the ball looped so high in the air and by the time you looked down, he appeared to be off.

Bare bones.

Banfield red card on 11:16 - Aug 24 with 958 viewsPinnerPaul

Banfield red card on 18:29 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

I was watching the line, and at the time Scowen struck it, no one was offside - although it may have looked like he was because the ball looped so high in the air and by the time you looked down, he appeared to be off.

Fair enough AH - I thought he came 'back' from the goal line, but then again I don't watch our games in quite the same way as the ones I officiate!
Banfield red card on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 911 viewsdachiltern

Clearly on-side, blatant handball, officials indifferent all night, for indifferent read poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024