Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugills miss 19:41 - Aug 24 with 4358 viewsloftboy

Up there with Dean coneys down at Portsmouth.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 19:41]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hugills miss on 10:50 - Aug 25 with 954 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugills miss on 20:00 - Aug 24 by VancouverHoop

The one he did score was real quality I thought. The finish reminded me of Eze's from a few week's back. Just passed it inside the far post. It would've been much easier to snatch 'n' blast it. Goals like that indicate a proper striker. (Unlike the one the two chances he muffed.) Still, three goals so far are not shabby.

Yes the 'skier' after his goal wasn't great.

However, the thing is, if he WAS knocking in hat tricks he would be worth more than the £10M West Ham paid for him AND he would be playing for them not us!
Hugills miss on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 954 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugills miss on 01:21 - Aug 25 by smegma

Coney took aim from 3 yards , under the bar and put it yards over the bar. Hugill stabbed a foot at a fast moving ball and it ricocheted over the bar. Dean still holds the unenviable 'worse miss ever' Im afraid. He did score the only goal that day at Fratton Park though.

Easier, but similar to, one Hughes missed for Watford yesterday as well - it happens.
Hugills miss on 13:10 - Aug 25 with 891 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hugills miss on 01:21 - Aug 25 by smegma

Coney took aim from 3 yards , under the bar and put it yards over the bar. Hugill stabbed a foot at a fast moving ball and it ricocheted over the bar. Dean still holds the unenviable 'worse miss ever' Im afraid. He did score the only goal that day at Fratton Park though.

Maybe memory playing tricks but I remember it as Clive Walker firing the ball low across the area past Flahaven in goals and Coney sweeping his foot at it and watching in horror as it rolled up his shin and over the crossbar from around 2-3 feet. I was stood behind the goal with my brothers and we joined in with all the R's "YEEEEESSSSSS... the fück did he miss that?"

The grass is always greener.

Hugills miss on 13:26 - Aug 25 with 860 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hugills miss on 10:52 - Aug 25 by PinnerPaul

Easier, but similar to, one Hughes missed for Watford yesterday as well - it happens.

Hughes' was a slightly tougher chance as he had to stretch at the far post but he still should have scored. Hugill missed a tap in from 2 yards out, middle of an open goal. Still, if someone can guarantee we'll win 3-1 every week but Hugill will miss sitters I'll take it.
Hugills miss on 13:26 - Aug 25 with 859 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugills miss on 22:43 - Aug 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I hate being negative after a win, but I thought their keeper Marshall should have got to it, and Eze's goal.

But we were the better side and missed a couple of chances we should have put away so swings and roundabouts.

I thought that he should have gotten to Eze's. He took a jump just as the free was taken and that delayed him getting across (Seaman used to have the same flaw).

Don't think there was any getting to Hugill's shot, though. it was lifted beautifully over the dive. Class goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugills miss on 13:35 - Aug 25 with 842 viewsFearless

Hugills miss on 13:10 - Aug 25 by Esox_Lucius

Maybe memory playing tricks but I remember it as Clive Walker firing the ball low across the area past Flahaven in goals and Coney sweeping his foot at it and watching in horror as it rolled up his shin and over the crossbar from around 2-3 feet. I was stood behind the goal with my brothers and we joined in with all the R's "YEEEEESSSSSS... the fück did he miss that?"

My memory could be wrong too- but I thought Martin Allen crossed it!
And continued his run into the away end “celebrating”
Hugills miss on 13:42 - Aug 25 with 824 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugills miss on 13:35 - Aug 25 by Fearless

My memory could be wrong too- but I thought Martin Allen crossed it!
And continued his run into the away end “celebrating”

I can't remember who crossed it but it wasn't Walker, I'd say, as he would have been mercifully binned by the time Coney joined us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugills miss on 14:51 - Aug 25 with 765 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugills miss on 13:26 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that he should have gotten to Eze's. He took a jump just as the free was taken and that delayed him getting across (Seaman used to have the same flaw).

Don't think there was any getting to Hugill's shot, though. it was lifted beautifully over the dive. Class goal.

I thought another keeper may have come charging out of his area to try and get to the ball first, before Hugill had time to collect, set himself and shoot.

The later miss, I couldn't believe he didn't try and set himself as before but just lashed at it. Not as if he had played the whole 90 and was shot. Nevertheless, if he keeps scoring 3 in 5 (games) we will all be very happy.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugills miss on 16:18 - Aug 25 with 718 viewsderbyhoop

At the moment, Hugill is converting 1 in 4 chances. Great that we're creating chances for him but the conversion record is not good.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hugills miss on 16:36 - Aug 25 with 700 viewsBoston

Hugills miss on 16:18 - Aug 25 by derbyhoop

At the moment, Hugill is converting 1 in 4 chances. Great that we're creating chances for him but the conversion record is not good.

'tis, if it's one more than the opposition.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hugills miss on 17:31 - Aug 25 with 649 viewsJuzzie

Matt Smith’s conversation rate wasn’t good either, something like the 6th worst in the Championship last seasn. Funnily enough, Maupay’s was just as bad in terms of ratio but had a lot more chances and scored more from them, then got sold for £20m.

So, was he that bad or is just interpretation of stats?

Its hot, i need a drink.....
Hugills miss on 17:31 - Aug 25 with 648 viewsNeil_SI

It was an extraordinary miss by Hugill, but thankfully he scored a beauty shortly after and it never was a problem in terms of the outcome of the match, or (hopefully) on him personally.

I think he's played very well for us so far and his experience coming up through the ranks is evident in the way he contests every ball and makes life difficult for defenders.

We're in a position where we have two strikers in Hugill and Wells who can go it alone on their own, or look like they can team up and compliment one another quite well too.

If we can find a system that works where both can play together, they'd cause a lot of teams problems because they're a handful.
Hugills miss on 17:42 - Aug 25 with 627 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not seen Coney's or Hugill's misses, but I'd like to throw into the mix: one from John Spencer at Gigg Lane on a chilly evening.

From the away end, he looked to be on the six yard line when the cross came in. To be fair to him, he was still on the line when his effort not only missed the goal, but ended up flying over the home stand and was last seen making all good haste toward Rochdale.

To get such purchase to lob all that was quite spectacular upon reflection; not that we appreciated it at the time.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hugills miss on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 612 viewsted_hendrix

Hugills miss on 17:42 - Aug 25 by PlanetHonneywood

Not seen Coney's or Hugill's misses, but I'd like to throw into the mix: one from John Spencer at Gigg Lane on a chilly evening.

From the away end, he looked to be on the six yard line when the cross came in. To be fair to him, he was still on the line when his effort not only missed the goal, but ended up flying over the home stand and was last seen making all good haste toward Rochdale.

To get such purchase to lob all that was quite spectacular upon reflection; not that we appreciated it at the time.

We were there that night, think we either won 1-0 or drew 0-0 me memory is boloxed at the moment.
Lineker missed a simple chance in front of the loft one day (simple for him anyway) the loft went silent as he received the ball cos you knew what was coming, it didn't as he mis-cued it, you could hear Lineker groan for a split second and then the loft gave him both barrels.
We went on to win 4-1.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024