Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances so far.... 01:42 - Aug 25 with 4766 viewssmegma

...have been poor.
I'm hoping its because of families on holidays etc but so far we've had 14,377 (1,787 away), 12,287 (1,085 away) and today it dropped to 11,921 (402 away). That's a sub 12k average already (11,770 in fact ). I could possibly understand if we were struggling with this totally new team but some of the football played at times in the first five league games knocks spots off the fare dished up a year ago.

So, for anyone who reads this and hasn't turned up yet, what do the club need to do to attract more fans ??
Attendances so far.... on 02:19 - Aug 25 with 3135 viewsBoston

I’ll see you soon

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances so far.... on 02:29 - Aug 25 with 3128 viewstimcocking

A shame.

I think it's just people's general despondency towards the whole of football (life). The rich get richer and it's all a big pile of bollox when it comes down to it, so it almost feels...irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I mean, our world is quite literally burning around us and all the while, if you read the BBC sport headlines, they'll actually mention Real Madrid and Barcelona even before our own Premiership teams, let alone the Championship.

I think it's death by a thousand cuts for every team outside the top half a dozen. The big teams will only realise the damage they've done when it's too late.

Cheaper tickets then, short of a revolution or alien/divine intervention. Have to bring in local children. Lee Hoos doesn't like it, but imo expensive tickets in such difficult times and empty seats will always be a false economy.
Attendances so far.... on 03:09 - Aug 25 with 3099 viewsBoston

Attendances so far.... on 02:29 - Aug 25 by timcocking

A shame.

I think it's just people's general despondency towards the whole of football (life). The rich get richer and it's all a big pile of bollox when it comes down to it, so it almost feels...irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I mean, our world is quite literally burning around us and all the while, if you read the BBC sport headlines, they'll actually mention Real Madrid and Barcelona even before our own Premiership teams, let alone the Championship.

I think it's death by a thousand cuts for every team outside the top half a dozen. The big teams will only realise the damage they've done when it's too late.

Cheaper tickets then, short of a revolution or alien/divine intervention. Have to bring in local children. Lee Hoos doesn't like it, but imo expensive tickets in such difficult times and empty seats will always be a false economy.

Doesn’t help when you feel you’ve been treated like shit for twenty years.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances so far.... on 07:46 - Aug 25 with 2930 viewsDejR_vu

Attendances so far.... on 03:09 - Aug 25 by Boston

Doesn’t help when you feel you’ve been treated like shit for twenty years.

Once people drift away it’s very difficult to re-engage them. It’s been years of absolute dross and I just think a lot of people have had enough. It always makes me smile thinking back to that interview that Hoos did saying that he’d done some research and people don’t tend to come back after their first visit and blamed the facilities, totally overlooking the garbage being served up on the pitch!

This season’s been great so far but it’s only been a few games and before yesterday another loss would have put a very, very different complexion on things.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Attendances so far.... on 07:47 - Aug 25 with 2929 viewsdavman

Holiday for me and the boy and I am sure that there are loads who have also been away.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Attendances so far.... on 08:01 - Aug 25 with 2890 viewsWokingR

It's always the same during August and the school holidays and someone always has to post how shocked or disappointed they are.
Then September comes along and hey presto, everything is alright again
Attendances so far.... on 08:18 - Aug 25 with 2822 viewsToast_R

I haven't been to a home game since Sheffield Wednesday 2017. Too expensive for me at the moment, £30 plus a membership to sit in the Upper Loft as it's one of the few areas that has seats I can fit my legs in. That's a £65 quid layout which I'm not prepared to pay at the moment.

I was having a look this week about bringing my boy to his first ever match in the lower Loft. He's 4 and has the attention span of a fish, and the with the Rugby going on it meant driving through Twickenham would have been a nightmare so I thought better of it. It would be just under £30 for me and he's free but if he got bored after 20 minutes it would be a waste of money. Maybe next year, he turns 5 in January.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 8:20]
Attendances so far.... on 08:36 - Aug 25 with 2778 viewsozranger

Always wonder about these figures. My assumption is that the count includes season ticket holders irrelevant if they were attending or not as they have already paid for their seats and the club cannot reallocate them to others. Thus, it would be better, if we want to analyse these figures, to subtract the total season ticket number and then view the remainder as they are the ones we are trying to attract to games, the one-offs or the semi-regulars.Those are the figures I would like to see and compare.
Login to get fewer ads

Attendances so far.... on 09:02 - Aug 25 with 2692 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bank holiday weekend, great weather and the ‘silver’ family stand is half full at best. Those are great seats in a prime position to generate an atmosphere.

Really think that area should go to general sale a week before games or have the block or two nearest R block general sale anyway. There’s a lack of silver/bronze areas as it is.

Meanwhile, it’s £38 to walk up at 2:59 and sit in Ellerslie.
Attendances so far.... on 09:18 - Aug 25 with 2639 viewsed_83

Obviously summer holidays are the big issue but I feel like results might have played a part too. Anyone not reading up on how differently we've been playing under Warburton would just see that we'd lost our last 2 games & assume it's the same old dross. Put together a little run of wins to go with the improved performances and I think people will start to wise up.
Attendances so far.... on 09:23 - Aug 25 with 2635 viewsstevec

Think the good weather combined with a bank holiday played a part, pub beforehand usually rammed was deserted.

As mentioned, season ticket empty seaters are counted, rightly so in my opinion, but I suspect after the last four years, especially the second half of last season, actual season ticket holders have dropped off more substantially than previous years.

The club should drop the extra charge for attendance on the day, if you’re in two minds another fiver on top is enough to put you off.

Finally, irrespective of attendance size, does the kids section need to be so big, it’s never even half full.
Attendances so far.... on 09:50 - Aug 25 with 2580 viewsngbqpr

Is that 402 Wigan figure official? Didn't look like more than 200 to me.

Also - I've always assumed non-attending ST holders were counted...but I bought tickets on Friday for yesterday, and our seats had ST name stickers on?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Attendances so far.... on 09:57 - Aug 25 with 2550 viewsLongsufferingR

All these reasons are valid but the simple fact is that if we were winning every week, they would become irrelevant and people would quickly come back.
Attendances so far.... on 10:00 - Aug 25 with 2541 viewsfrancisbowles

Attendances so far.... on 09:50 - Aug 25 by ngbqpr

Also - I've always assumed non-attending ST holders were counted...but I bought tickets on Friday for yesterday, and our seats had ST name stickers on?

It could be that they haven't been removed from non renewals. They have been a bit slow with this in the past.
Attendances so far.... on 10:59 - Aug 25 with 2453 viewskernowhoop

Attendances so far.... on 02:29 - Aug 25 by timcocking

A shame.

I would have said that the fact that it is August; in recent years, there has been so much disappointment for QPR fans and the form (in terms of results) this season has not yet become consistent is a likely explanation. A winning team will bring fans back and an occasional repeat of the cheap deals for schoolchildren will help in the longer term. Not sure that some people being rich has any bearing on it. Am very sure, however, that 'our world is quite literally burning around us' has no bearing on attendances at the KPF Stadium - not least because the world is not 'quite literally burning around us.'
Cheer up, Tim.
Attendances so far.... on 11:16 - Aug 25 with 2433 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I don't think it's actually QPR I think it's just football in general. Midweek games now on the red button, VAR ruining every single match, high ticket prices, players who just don't care anymore. FFP trying and failing badly. Premier League 2s and cups that people don't even try in. Think people have just got so tired of it all so they don't even bother anymore. My take on it anyway

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Attendances so far.... on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 2416 viewsDavieQPR

Also you need to allow for all the tickets in the Lower School End were free so not a big money earner yesterday.
Attendances so far.... on 11:50 - Aug 25 with 2365 viewsLowerloftLad

i went and watched my local non league side chertsey town on tuesday and there was plenty of QPR fans there who were not going to to the swansea game the next day

chertsey have a really good side again this season its £9.00 to get includeds a program
no travel costs
cheaper food and drink and a nice day out

im going to the portsmouth home game and ill do maybe one more home game and one away going to watch a qpr games is not far off a £100.00 for the day out

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Attendances so far.... on 13:32 - Aug 25 with 2243 viewsterryb

Do we not have around !2,000 regular atendees?

This can rise to the 15k mark when we are winning or for certain opponents. I would expect that to be thecase for Luton.

It is still more than our fall back attendance since the late '70's!
Attendances so far.... on 01:59 - Aug 26 with 2047 viewssmegma

Attendances so far.... on 09:57 - Aug 25 by LongsufferingR

All these reasons are valid but the simple fact is that if we were winning every week, they would become irrelevant and people would quickly come back.

There's been 16 goals in our 4 home games so far, if that doesn't have people flooding back then I give up.
Attendances so far.... on 05:32 - Aug 26 with 1997 viewsDylanP

One way to ask the question is "why are so few people coming?" Less than 12K a week is low compared to some seasons and compared to many other London clubs. legitimate questions.

However, you could also ask the same basic question the other way round: "Why do so many people still go to see QPR every week?"

I mean, at 30 pounds a ticket plus eats and transportation we are talking about 50 pounds per person, if you are bringing a kids thats nearly 1 hundred quid for an afternoon's "entertainment" And what do you get for that? Well, you get uncomfortable surroundings for starters. The seats are too tightly packed together, so sitting is painful on the knees and the seats themselves aren't exactly comfortable. Then you also get crappy services. The bogs are grotty and crowded at the times that matter. The food choices are pathetic, very limited and not very interesting. Microwaved pies and a cup of tea is about the best on offer. Chinese? No! Indian? No! Sushi? No! Salad? No! "All we got mate is a couple of pukka pies and I'll make you an instant hot chocolate if you like." And the service is even more diabolical. A mob of a line in a crowded space so tight it'll test your tolerance to claustrophobia. And then the entertainment value itself. At best it is inconsistent. Over the last 20 years you've had a 50-50 chance of leaving completely frustrated. Add into that the fact that QPR haven't actually won anything of consequence since the 1960s and managers and players are constantly coming and going so there is no sense of stability and loyalty.

Compare that to the competition. An afternoon at the cinema probably runs half the price, all in. The food choices are expensive but pretty good. You can get food without feeling crushed and the entertainment is predictably entertaining.

Given that simple comparison (and obviously, there are lots of entertainment choices on a Saturday afternoon, not just footie or the cinema) it is a bloody miracle that 12K people choose to come down to Loftus Road each week. It always amazes me the loyalty of the fan base in the face of all logic. In spite of the fact that there really isnt any chance we are going to win any more in the next 5 years than we won in the last 5 years, the fans still dream of victory and keep showing up week after week expecting miracles.

Whatever voodoo brainwashing machine they got locked up in the basement is worth its weight in gold.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Attendances so far.... on 09:10 - Aug 26 with 1922 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If I didn’t have the seat I have with loads of leg room I’d be less inclined than bother.
Attendances so far.... on 09:27 - Aug 26 with 1895 viewsactonman

I have a season ticket and that is what makes sure I am there every other week. Not sure I would bother half the time if I had to buy individual tickets , pay booking fees etc as that would all come under the same outing expense £ 45 tickets for me and son. £23 train fare , £20 - 30 food and drink so yeah roughly up to £100 per visit.
With my ticket set up as a dd, it gets paid the same as the gas and electric so don’t even take it into account really .

Tbh , not going to football saves me money as the missus would have me doing all fking sorts if I was at home
Attendances so far.... on 09:30 - Aug 26 with 1886 viewsenfieldargh

Attendances so far.... on 09:50 - Aug 25 by ngbqpr

There are 3 season tickets next to me, the fella and his two kids only came twice last season and the 3 seats have remained empty so far his season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Attendances so far.... on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 1884 viewskingsburyR

Missed all three home games so far due to two small holidays that clashed.

So that's 4 that will be adding to numbers from next game!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024