Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee! - Wigan 11:21 - Aug 25 with 2263 viewsPinnerPaul

OK for his first season in the Championship

Agreed with

1) Yellow for foul on Chair
2) No foul on Chair in the corner (Barbet did an identical challenge 2 mins previously - no foul)
3) Eze free kick - very close to a pen but without VAR you can't guess so always going to go for the safe option

Disagreed with

1) Wigan number 2 should have had 2nd yellow for foul on Eze
2) Wigan number 5 should have had 2nd yellow for shouting and pointing at him not once, twice but three times!
3) Wigan 17 should have been booked long before he tried get Hall sent off

New law 'interest' (Only to be me prob)

When Manning went down injured, ref stopped play when Wigan had the ball. Normally that would be drop ball to Wigan, however because the ball was in pen area, it goes to GK. Lumley rather unsportingly then just played on!
Referee! - Wigan on 11:25 - Aug 25 with 2250 viewsDavieQPR

The ref wasn't to bad when you consider the pitiful standard of refs in the Championship.
Referee! - Wigan on 11:26 - Aug 25 with 2238 viewsstevec

Refs usually look better when you win
Referee! - Wigan on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 2130 viewsRog

Referee! - Wigan on 11:26 - Aug 25 by stevec

Refs usually look better when you win

Probably this but they were a lot better than Wednesday's nonsense.
Referee! - Wigan on 13:36 - Aug 25 with 2023 viewsterryb

The ball was outside the penalty area when the referee stopped the game!

He took the easy option & was "mistaken" (lied) about it's position & dropped the ball to Lumley.
Referee! - Wigan on 14:20 - Aug 25 with 1979 viewsDWQPR

I had a clear view side on of the foul on Chair that led to Eze’s free kick. It was a good two get into the penalty area. Should have been a penalty. I also thought that Hall was lucky to stay on the field as it definitely looked like he kicked their player.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Referee! - Wigan on 15:00 - Aug 25 with 1925 viewsfrancisbowles

A balanced view from you Pinner and on the whole, I concur. However, my initial thoughts on him yesterday were weak and ineffectual.

The corner after they scored, blonde top (no21 Kipre), was all over Manning. Next corner, ref has a word with blond top, before it is taken, which led me to think 'if you saw it last time then why didn't you give it.

First half, there was also a blatant shirt pull on, Chair, I think, when he had the ball in their penalty area.
Referee! - Wigan on 12:35 - Aug 26 with 1722 viewsNorthernr

Pinner what is the rule with the defensive wall this season? Because we had two on the end of the Wigan wall for Eze's free kick, I thought that wasn't allowed now?
Referee! - Wigan on 13:37 - Aug 26 with 1662 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee! - Wigan on 13:36 - Aug 25 by terryb

The ball was outside the penalty area when the referee stopped the game!

He took the easy option & was "mistaken" (lied) about it's position & dropped the ball to Lumley.

It was close Terry - thought it was inside, but as you say it was an 'awkward position - the drop ball now has to be uncontested - so that would have given Wigan an advantage - so as you say he probably did take the easy option.

'Lied' - we tend to call it game management!
Login to get fewer ads

Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 1652 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee! - Wigan on 12:35 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Pinner what is the rule with the defensive wall this season? Because we had two on the end of the Wigan wall for Eze's free kick, I thought that wasn't allowed now?

I thought they were behind their main wall which had 4 players in.

I think they were stood with two Wigan players so as any wall with only 1 or 2 in, you CAN join then that was all good!

Question for you now - when the last free kick we scored direct from at Loftus Road - obviously it was before the one at Birmingham.
Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 1648 viewsNorthernr

Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 by PinnerPaul

I think they were stood with two Wigan players so as any wall with only 1 or 2 in, you CAN join then that was all good!

Question for you now - when the last free kick we scored direct from at Loftus Road - obviously it was before the one at Birmingham.

Chery v Blackburn I suspect.
Referee! - Wigan on 13:46 - Aug 26 with 1636 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Cheers
Referee! - Wigan on 14:01 - Aug 26 with 1621 viewsEsox_Lucius

3) Wigan 17 should have been booked long before he tried get Hall sent off
Joe Garner is a player I am looking forward to reading about his early retirement due to someone having had enough of his nonsense in a game and finishing him. Season after season he spends the whole game looking for a fight or a bit of confrontation rather than concentrating on making goal scoring opportunities for himself. Tom Barkhuisen is another from the same mould, both talented but both more interested in getting in peoples faces. Maybe it is something about PNE.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 17:23]

The grass is always greener.

Referee! - Wigan on 15:35 - Aug 26 with 1549 viewsjonno

Robinson's foul on Chair was a red card all day long and the kick on Chair's head for the free kick was clearly in the penalty area - although it subsequently didn't matter as Eze scored from the free kick.
Referee! - Wigan on 16:25 - Aug 26 with 1509 viewsJigsore

Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 by Northernr

forgot about that. arguably one of the best free kicks anyone's scored in Hoops

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Referee! - Wigan on 16:32 - Aug 26 with 1504 viewsdavman

Referee! - Wigan on 13:40 - Aug 26 by PinnerPaul

Exactly what I thought - our guys joined a "wall" behind the "main" wall. I suspect that it is another loop hole in the wording that will negate the intent of the law change. Always interesting to see what they will do to close the loophole; my suspicion is that they will do what all football authorities do, which is ignore it and hope that it goes away (unless QPR are involved of course...).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Referee! - Wigan on 16:45 - Aug 26 with 1486 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee! - Wigan on 16:32 - Aug 26 by davman

Exactly what I thought - our guys joined a "wall" behind the "main" wall. I suspect that it is another loop hole in the wording that will negate the intent of the law change. Always interesting to see what they will do to close the loophole; my suspicion is that they will do what all football authorities do, which is ignore it and hope that it goes away (unless QPR are involved of course...).

Just seen it again and they only had 1 player in the 2nd wall. I don't think you can the 2nd wall a 'wall' in any case so as I said nothing wrong with that.

Have to say on 2nd viewing that foul on Chair could easily have been a red
Referee! - Wigan on 07:10 - Aug 27 with 1297 viewsjonno

Referee! - Wigan on 16:45 - Aug 26 by PinnerPaul

Just seen it again and they only had 1 player in the 2nd wall. I don't think you can the 2nd wall a 'wall' in any case so as I said nothing wrong with that.

Have to say on 2nd viewing that foul on Chair could easily have been a red

It absolutely should have been. It would have been over the top if the ball had been there so that alone is a red card for a start, and the ball had long gone and wasn't even there so an even worse foul. I suspect the referee did not see it properly but would have thought the linesman should have.
Referee! - Wigan on 07:25 - Aug 27 with 1287 viewsStanisgod

Referee! - Wigan on 07:10 - Aug 27 by jonno

It absolutely should have been. It would have been over the top if the ball had been there so that alone is a red card for a start, and the ball had long gone and wasn't even there so an even worse foul. I suspect the referee did not see it properly but would have thought the linesman should have.

The last 2 linos on the Ellerslie side have been awful.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024