Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scowen deletes Twitter Account 22:35 - Aug 25 with 4244 viewsSteveB

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

What is wrong with people, a QPR player deletes his account due to abuse from his own fans?

We are QPR FFS, not City, United or Chelsea, we are better than this are we not? I truly despair.
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 22:37 - Aug 25 with 4217 viewsBoston

Honest?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 22:42 - Aug 25 with 4196 viewsPunteR

just read that in clives match report. Fairplay to Scowen. The right thing to do in the circumstances.
Twitter is a load of shite anway

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 23:39 - Aug 25 with 4032 viewsenfieldargh

Cant believe people actually participate in twitter.

All social media is total bolox, you set yourself up for humiliation and aggravation every time.

Pathetic past time for pathetic people

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 23:44 - Aug 25 with 4012 viewsDejR_vu

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 23:39 - Aug 25 by enfieldargh

All social media is total bolox, you set yourself up for humiliation and aggravation every time.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 00:45 - Aug 26 with 3912 viewsHooparoo

Agree. No coincidence there’s a “Twit” in Twitter. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 01:01 - Aug 26 with 3897 viewsPunteR

Not all. LFW is social media too

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 03:53 - Aug 26 with 3825 viewssmegma

I cant get my head around people following famous people on twitter, or anyone on twitter. I don't even understand what twitter is/does.
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 05:19 - Aug 26 with 3782 viewstimcocking

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 01:01 - Aug 26 by PunteR

Not all. LFW is social media too

In all honesty, i expect to get a disrespectful or abusive reply on here pretty much any time i say anything whatsoever, no matter how innocuous (or accurate) my initial comment. Astonishes and disappoints me daily how intolerant and blatantly rude people are when it comes to communicating nowadays.

There are just loads of horrible, spiteful people who like to take out their petty grievances on strangers through social media because it's so easy to do and they can get away with it. Personally, hate people insulting me online, i literally fantasise about tracking people down on occasion, can't imagine how hideous it must be to have people screaming what a fcuking useless kant you are all the time. Especially if one was a player, such as Josh Scowen, whose effort is higher than his ability (no disrespect intended Josh) to begin with. It's not as if he can ever try harder. It'd almost certainly be sufficient to ruin my confidence as a player. Then people find it hard to understand when players are frightened of having the ball.

Very sad to hear, but thank Christ he's off it. Never touched it or anything like it. Like a zombie contagion.
Login to get fewer ads

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 05:36 - Aug 26 with 3785 viewsloftboy

Deleted my twitter and Facebook last year, had my ex blocked but my kids kept screen shooting my statuses and sending them to her.
Only regret I have is I didn’t save my photos first, literally had ten years worth on there.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 06:03 - Aug 26 with 3776 viewsDylanP

Wow. What a bunch of grumpy dinosaurs! Really. Social media is what you make it. Of course there are going to be negative twts around. There are negative twts in the world, so they are going to turn up online. You don't actually have to participate with the negative twts. That is completely your choice. Personally, the only thing I use Twitter for is to follow the QPR players. I like to hear what they have to say after a win. Its usually not very deep, but you do get an idea of where their heads are. I like it.Other than that, I mostly use Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away from. If you don't have any friends, then its probably not for you. In contrast, my wife uses Twitter and Instagram all the time and doesn't bother with Facebook. Not using social media is like not using parks. There is no reason to use them if you don't like that particular thing (being outside, running around, etc.) but it seems weird to me to rule out a whole slice of life. Either way, its courses for horses, and all that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 08:01 - Aug 26 with 3616 viewsdistortR

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 06:03 - Aug 26 by DylanP

Wow. What a bunch of grumpy dinosaurs! Really. Social media is what you make it. Of course there are going to be negative twts around. There are negative twts in the world, so they are going to turn up online. You don't actually have to participate with the negative twts. That is completely your choice. Personally, the only thing I use Twitter for is to follow the QPR players. I like to hear what they have to say after a win. Its usually not very deep, but you do get an idea of where their heads are. I like it.Other than that, I mostly use Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away from. If you don't have any friends, then its probably not for you. In contrast, my wife uses Twitter and Instagram all the time and doesn't bother with Facebook. Not using social media is like not using parks. There is no reason to use them if you don't like that particular thing (being outside, running around, etc.) but it seems weird to me to rule out a whole slice of life. Either way, its courses for horses, and all that.

I AM a grumpy dinosaur!
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 08:16 - Aug 26 with 3571 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 05:36 - Aug 26 by loftboy

Deleted my twitter and Facebook last year, had my ex blocked but my kids kept screen shooting my statuses and sending them to her.
Only regret I have is I didn’t save my photos first, literally had ten years worth on there.

If you sign back in again it will have all your photos saved. Do that then delete straight away.
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 08:38 - Aug 26 with 3503 viewsloftboy

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 08:16 - Aug 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

If you sign back in again it will have all your photos saved. Do that then delete straight away.

They only save them for a certain time, I left it too long, account completely deleted. Cheers anyway.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 11:21 - Aug 26 with 3201 viewsDWQPR

Social media distorts personality. Suddenly people become addicted to what is posted about them and what their ‘friends’ are doing and become obsessed with getting ‘likes’ and despair when they are getting the opposite. It creates a mood for them. It is the 21st century equivalent to smoking in the 20th century and will kill a lot of people through suicidal thoughts or send them to seek mental health services as we are already seeing.

For me I don’t count LFW as social media. It’s an informative forum providing some good laughs and serious debate mainly linked to a common cause, QPR. And if chosen we could all remain anonymous to each other.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:07 - Aug 26 with 3139 viewsrsonist

Twitter's good. People in general remain as stupid and nasty as they've ever been.
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:21 - Aug 26 with 3096 viewsEsox_Lucius

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 11:21 - Aug 26 by DWQPR

Social media distorts personality. Suddenly people become addicted to what is posted about them and what their ‘friends’ are doing and become obsessed with getting ‘likes’ and despair when they are getting the opposite. It creates a mood for them. It is the 21st century equivalent to smoking in the 20th century and will kill a lot of people through suicidal thoughts or send them to seek mental health services as we are already seeing.

For me I don’t count LFW as social media. It’s an informative forum providing some good laughs and serious debate mainly linked to a common cause, QPR. And if chosen we could all remain anonymous to each other.

I know where you live!

The grass is always greener.

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:22 - Aug 26 with 3093 viewsNorthernr

The thing I don't get is why people feel the need to copy the players in.

Fine, your opinion is that Scowen is sht, you're allowed to hold that opinion, you're completely within your rights to express that opinion, talking about that opinion with other fans is what social media and message boards is all about, and if Scowen wants to spend his time searching his name on Twitter to see what people are saying about him then he needs to have a thick skin and accept it's not all going to be good.

But by going to the trouble of actually including his @ in your Tweet, that's piping it directly into his phone. He's getting alerts about that, all hours of the day and night. He can't avoid that. Why exactly are you doing that?
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:25 - Aug 26 with 3075 viewsEsox_Lucius

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:07 - Aug 26 by rsonist

Twitter's good. People in general remain as stupid and nasty as they've ever been.

I have long taken it upon myself to call out people constantly abusing our players whether it is on social media or at games. These people are a cancer in QPR and are NOT fans. David is right, people are addicted to it and lose their sense of both reality and morality. Call them out on it when you encounter it, it shouldn't be tolerated. Basic rule: If you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it all.

The grass is always greener.

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 2724 viewsCiderwithRsie

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 11:21 - Aug 26 by DWQPR

You're dead right on the addiction and that is deliberate. Same is true of gaming.

I do count LFW as social media and Timcocking is right to say it can get nasty on here sometimes. But this is a bit like a pub with regulars - we've all said stupid stuff, especially after a drink or when we're not in the right place, and we're not going to like everyone in the place. But it sort of works out.

Twitter's 140 characters encourages oversimplification. It's not like a pub, it's like graffiti on the toilet wall.
Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 2676 viewskensalriser

It's like doing cocaine. If you're generally decent, you'll probably still be generally decent. But if you're a bit of an arsehole, it'll turn you into a massive one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 23:27 - Aug 26 with 2647 viewsenfieldargh

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:25 - Aug 26 by Esox_Lucius

I have long taken it upon myself to call out people constantly abusing our players whether it is on social media or at games. These people are a cancer in QPR and are NOT fans. David is right, people are addicted to it and lose their sense of both reality and morality. Call them out on it when you encounter it, it shouldn't be tolerated. Basic rule: If you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it all.

He's right you know

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 07:01 - Aug 27 with 2495 viewsHooparoo

Scowen deletes Twitter Account on 12:07 - Aug 26 by rsonist

I agree. There’s always been d!ckheads around but social media has given all these grubs a megaphone to tell the entire world what they think.

And we call this progress? Progress my @rse! 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024