Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only Criticism 19:09 - Aug 31 with 6546 viewsNoDiddley

Can Joe Lumley save a penalty one day😜
Only Criticism on 19:26 - Aug 31 with 3818 viewssmegma

Or could a ref not give such ridiculous penalties in the first place ???
Only Criticism on 19:37 - Aug 31 with 3760 viewsWEAREAWFUL

not if he keeps diving the wrong way great win though
Only Criticism on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 3633 viewsBoston

Going the wrong way, but if he'd have guessed right, they'd have been taking it again.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Only Criticism on 20:15 - Aug 31 with 3589 viewsbosh67

I think he's a great keeper but for the love of God can someone show him how to wait until the player is actually kicking it to even have a chance of going the right way. He might as well stand behind the goal for all the difference it makes.

However, most other things he does well and if we didn't keep giving pens away he wouldn't have to leap out the way comedy style every time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Only Criticism on 21:39 - Aug 31 with 3342 viewsVancouverHoop

I'm a bit concerned that he doesn't seem to have improved on last season. Penalties are pretty much a lost cause, so I don't especially expect much better. But he still flaps at too many balls, and his distribution is sub-par. But I'm not sure we've anyone better, though it'd be nice to see Dieng get a couple of games.
Only Criticism on 22:25 - Aug 31 with 3227 viewsPinnerPaul

Only Criticism on 21:39 - Aug 31 by VancouverHoop

I'm a bit concerned that he doesn't seem to have improved on last season. Penalties are pretty much a lost cause, so I don't especially expect much better. But he still flaps at too many balls, and his distribution is sub-par. But I'm not sure we've anyone better, though it'd be nice to see Dieng get a couple of games.

He's out on loan
Only Criticism on 22:48 - Aug 31 with 3177 viewsLongsufferingR

To be fair, no other goalkeeper in the world would have saved that one today.

No other referee in the world would have given it either.
Only Criticism on 23:27 - Aug 31 with 3112 viewsEsox_Lucius

Only Criticism on 21:39 - Aug 31 by VancouverHoop

"and his distribution is sub-par." especially that smart throw out which led directly to our winning goal.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Only Criticism on 00:45 - Sep 1 with 2999 viewssmegma

Only Criticism on 23:27 - Aug 31 by Esox_Lucius

"and his distribution is sub-par." especially that smart throw out which led directly to our winning goal.

Yeah but........
Only Criticism on 00:47 - Sep 1 with 2993 viewsVancouverHoop

Only Criticism on 22:25 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

He's out on loan

Yeah I know, but I'd still like to see him get a chance at some point.
Only Criticism on 00:51 - Sep 1 with 2981 viewsVancouverHoop

Only Criticism on 23:27 - Aug 31 by Esox_Lucius

Even stopped clocks etc.

But seriously, and obviously, I want him to do well. But I've yet to see the type of improvement you'd hope for in a young keeper in his second season at this level. Maybe it'll come. I hope so.
Only Criticism on 01:42 - Sep 1 with 2912 viewstimcocking

Only Criticism on 19:26 - Aug 31 by smegma

Or could a ref not give such ridiculous penalties in the first place ???

Could not fcuking believe it. To give that at 0-0, unbelievable. No way the ref saw what went on there.

Good to see they gave us the world's most offside goal in history to make up for it.
Only Criticism on 01:46 - Sep 1 with 2910 viewsBoston

Only Criticism on 01:42 - Sep 1 by timcocking

Could not fcuking believe it. To give that at 0-0, unbelievable. No way the ref saw what went on there.

Good to see they gave us the world's most offside goal in history to make up for it.

Just as well you’re not a referee Timothy.

Only Criticism on 01:53 - Sep 1 with 2888 viewstimcocking

Only Criticism on 01:46 - Sep 1 by Boston

Just as well you’re not a referee Timothy.

No it isn't, i'd give us a tonne of penalties!
Only Criticism on 10:10 - Sep 1 with 2635 viewssmegma

Only Criticism on 00:47 - Sep 1 by VancouverHoop

Yeah I know, but I'd still like to see him get a chance at some point.

Have you seen him play ??
Only Criticism on 12:57 - Sep 1 with 2488 viewsqprxtc

He’ll save Luton’s penalty.
Only Criticism on 13:27 - Sep 1 with 2445 viewsterryb

Only Criticism on 01:42 - Sep 1 by timcocking

What offside goal?

Hugill didn't play (or attempt to) the ball that Wells fastened on to. Therefore, by the laws of the game, he is not offside! He was also behind the ball when Wells passed to him, so again he is not offside.

WEhether this should be the law is another matter!
Only Criticism on 14:02 - Sep 1 with 2379 viewsBoston

Only Criticism on 13:27 - Sep 1 by terryb

What offside goal?

Hugill didn't play (or attempt to) the ball that Wells fastened on to. Therefore, by the laws of the game, he is not offside! He was also behind the ball when Wells passed to him, so again he is not offside.

Spot on Terry. I was actually impressed by Hugill's awareness and his hand waving reactions to remind the officials of this.

Only Criticism on 16:21 - Sep 1 with 2294 viewsVancouverHoop

Only Criticism on 10:10 - Sep 1 by smegma

Have you seen him play ??

No. Which is why I'd like the opportunity.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 16:28]
Only Criticism on 16:28 - Sep 1 with 2279 viewsEsox_Lucius

Only Criticism on 00:51 - Sep 1 by VancouverHoop

Even stopped clocks etc.

But seriously, and obviously, I want him to do well. But I've yet to see the type of improvement you'd hope for in a young keeper in his second season at this level. Maybe it'll come. I hope so.

If you are only going to look for his frailties you'll never see any improvement will you. The fact that you want to see him replaced by a keeper who is on loan, that you have never seen play, says much about your judgement.

The grass is always greener.

Only Criticism on 17:04 - Sep 1 with 2224 viewsLazyFan

What offside goal?

I thought Manning passed to him and it was Wells who passed to Manning.

But I agree, not only was he not interfering with play, but Wells pass was meant for Manning anyway. If Wed players decide not to play to the whistle thats their fault when they don't run back and close Hugnill out.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Only Criticism on 17:05 - Sep 1 with 2221 viewsLazyFan

Only Criticism on 22:48 - Aug 31 by LongsufferingR

To be fair, no other goalkeeper in the world would have saved that one today.

No other referee in the world would have given it either.

Smithers would have saved it. But then he's a freak!

Another ref would have given it, as it's against QPR of course!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Only Criticism on 17:20 - Sep 1 with 2202 viewsVancouverHoop

Only Criticism on 16:28 - Sep 1 by Esox_Lucius

If you are only going to look for his frailties you'll never see any improvement will you. The fact that you want to see him replaced by a keeper who is on loan, that you have never seen play, says much about your judgement.

I haven't said I wanted to see Lumley replaced by anyone. In fact I said I hope that his play improves. I'd like to see Dieng given a start, at some point, as the reports of of his play elsewhere are encouraging that's all.
Only Criticism on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 2191 viewsQPROslo

What offside goal?

Think it was Wells pass that Manning fastened onto with a good run down the left having collected Lumley's throw at the start of the move, and then fed to the by now onside Hugill - to give credit to Manning there too.
Only Criticism on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 2160 viewsterryb

Definitely Manning who collected the ball & passed to Hugill.

I'll attribute that slight mistake of mine to my age!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024