Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 09:31 - Sep 13 with 30002 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A week to go and aside of the annoying Tarquin ra-ra factor, looking forward to a tournament where ‘all’ the players won’t be rolling around feigning injury as if they were shot by a blunderbuss when they were hardly touched at all.

Kiwis to lose really, nothing revealing about that. But the fact they’re in the same pool as the Boks and neither would meet until the final, then assuming they both avoid defeat, makes it hard to look beyond an AB, Yarpies final. As the rest of us can be inconsistent and would likely have to beat both those behemoths to win it; hard to see anyone lifting the trophy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:56 - Sep 20 with 2716 viewsSimonJames

My prediction for the last 4 (which guarantees at least 2 of those will be wrong):
New Zealand
South Africa
England
France

100% of people who drink water will die.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:32 - Sep 21 with 2606 viewsisawqpratwcity

A couple of nice starts with Japan being swamped by an energetic Russia and the Wallabies getting punished for nerves in an attack by a couple of runaway Mack trucks somehow squeezed into Fiji shirts.

Normal service was eventually resumed. The Wallabies, in the second half, showed confidence and were, imo, impressive.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:43 - Sep 22 with 2486 viewsHooparoo

I tried to watch a game but can’t believe how many rules there are in Rugby. 😳

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:19 - Sep 22 with 2462 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:43 - Sep 22 by Hooparoo

I tried to watch a game but can’t believe how many rules there are in Rugby. 😳

I can't say I understand it completely either. The main difference between it and League is that there isn't a maximum of five tackles.

Have you seen the shithouse planned coverage on Ten? Japan-Russia, the four Aussie group games, then two quarter finals, one semi final, the play-off final and final. Just ten games!!! Hopeless. Apparently the ABs-SA game last night was a cracker, and all I saw of it was 45 seconds of highlights which included a bit of the Haka and the unexpected sequence of the ABs bowing respectfully to their hosts after the game.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 12:01]

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:12 - Sep 22 with 2437 viewsBlackCrowe

My god the Scots were lame.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:47 - Sep 23 with 2299 viewsisawqpratwcity

For those who haven't seen them, extended highlights of the NZ-SA game.

Nah, sorry, I can't get it to work. Not sure why...
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 14:55]

Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:07 - Sep 23 with 2284 viewsrobith

After the 2019 Ireland have had was nice just to see us play in a decent rhythm again. Scotland were atrocious, but we proper nailed them for it. Loved our kicking game, if the rain hadn't come we would've scored 50. The sight of the Scottish forwards barely able to get off the floor, close to puking on the 30 minute mark was lovely.

Issue remains that we don't create enough chances, and are profligate with those that we do make. We need to have forward dominance and sadly SA's tight 5 are sick.

Big negative over reaction to England's slightly stuttering performance - bonus point, no one got maimed, job done.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:34 - Sep 23 with 2258 viewsozranger

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:19 - Sep 22 by isawqpratwcity

I can't say I understand it completely either. The main difference between it and League is that there isn't a maximum of five tackles.

Have you seen the shithouse planned coverage on Ten? Japan-Russia, the four Aussie group games, then two quarter finals, one semi final, the play-off final and final. Just ten games!!! Hopeless. Apparently the ABs-SA game last night was a cracker, and all I saw of it was 45 seconds of highlights which included a bit of the Haka and the unexpected sequence of the ABs bowing respectfully to their hosts after the game.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 12:01]

So glad I'm in the UK and can watch all the games live on ITV, free. The only reason you can only see the Wannabees is so that they don't look too bad prior to the quarter-finals.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:34 - Sep 23 with 2256 viewsozranger

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:47 - Sep 23 by isawqpratwcity

For those who haven't seen them, extended highlights of the NZ-SA game.

Nah, sorry, I can't get it to work. Not sure why...
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 14:55]

Try..

Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:46 - Sep 23 with 2187 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:34 - Sep 23 by ozranger

Try..

Thanks, but I've seen 'em!

Well done for getting it to link properly.

[Edit} Nope, still won't link.

[Edit] Figured it out, don't C&P from your 'Watch Later' list. Thanks, ozranger, for getting the video out there!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 0:21]

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:14 - Sep 24 with 2076 viewsSimonJames

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:12 - Sep 22 by BlackCrowe

My god the Scots were lame.

On the bright side for Scottish fans... only 3-4 more games before Townsend gets his marching orders.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:15 - Sep 26 with 1989 viewsToast_R

Just a thought, seeing how USA celebrated beating Thailand 13-0 in the Womens football worldcup, should us English also go bat shit crazy after thumping them today likewise?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:30 - Sep 26 with 1978 viewssmegma

The us rugby team are as poor as the Thai women's football team but the Thai team didn't resort to rough house tactics while getting a hiding.

Ive never seen so many unforced errors by England against what is in effect an ale house team.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:45 - Sep 26 with 1956 viewsToast_R

Touch Down - US of A bitch mother f*cker!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:48 - Sep 26 with 1953 viewsGroveR

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:45 - Sep 26 by Toast_R

Touch Down - US of A bitch mother f*cker!

45 yard offensive rush yardage gain penetration hut hut Huuuuh!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:14 - Sep 26 with 1925 viewsderbyhoop

England, so far. Job done. 2 wins out of 2. No serious injuries. Most of the squad have had a run out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:34 - Sep 26 with 1898 viewsElHoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:14 - Sep 26 by derbyhoop

England, so far. Job done. 2 wins out of 2. No serious injuries. Most of the squad have had a run out.

Yes I think that the teams likely to make the quarters are just playing to win and avoid injury in the process. It's pretty dull apart from the occasional game between the better sides. England have two physically demanding games to come though, so we needed to avoid injuries. There are far too many 'nothing' games at the moment though.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:13 - Sep 28 with 1801 viewstoboboly

Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:07 - Sep 23 by robith

After the 2019 Ireland have had was nice just to see us play in a decent rhythm again. Scotland were atrocious, but we proper nailed them for it. Loved our kicking game, if the rain hadn't come we would've scored 50. The sight of the Scottish forwards barely able to get off the floor, close to puking on the 30 minute mark was lovely.

Issue remains that we don't create enough chances, and are profligate with those that we do make. We need to have forward dominance and sadly SA's tight 5 are sick.

Big negative over reaction to England's slightly stuttering performance - bonus point, no one got maimed, job done.

Spoke too soon! Ireland terrible!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:18 - Sep 28 with 1792 viewsDixie_CT

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:13 - Sep 28 by toboboly

Well done to Japan. The sort of performance and result that often accompanies being hosts of a tournament. Crowd were immense.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:19 - Sep 28 with 1791 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:13 - Sep 28 by toboboly

Sounds like they lacked a ‘backstop’...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:23 - Sep 28 with 1782 viewsToast_R

Japan - a proper team, defence, control and dicipline- the basics. Not giving possession away. Well done. The Sun has risen over Ireland this morning and its a dark day.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:32 - Sep 28 with 1761 viewsFearless

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:19 - Sep 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Sounds like they lacked a ‘backstop’...

I’m nicking that 👍
Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:13 - Sep 28 with 1710 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:23 - Sep 28 by Toast_R

Japan - a proper team, defence, control and dicipline- the basics. Not giving possession away. Well done. The Sun has risen over Ireland this morning and its a dark day.

A day that will live in infamy?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:51 - Sep 29 with 1562 viewsElHoop

A proper game this - the Welsh look very good - the best of the northern hemisphere sides on current form?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:08 - Sep 29 with 1542 viewsDixie_CT

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:51 - Sep 29 by ElHoop

A proper game this - the Welsh look very good - the best of the northern hemisphere sides on current form?

Built on an incredible defence which I think was born out of what happened to Wales v Australia at the last WC when Auz defended against 40 odd phases!!

Players like Navidi, Adams and Gareth Davies getting stronger. All is looking good but still vulnerable to being overwhelmed by the Southern Hemisphere teams.

Top game and top result
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024