Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 09:31 - Sep 13 with 30165 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A week to go and aside of the annoying Tarquin ra-ra factor, looking forward to a tournament where ‘all’ the players won’t be rolling around feigning injury as if they were shot by a blunderbuss when they were hardly touched at all.

Kiwis to lose really, nothing revealing about that. But the fact they’re in the same pool as the Boks and neither would meet until the final, then assuming they both avoid defeat, makes it hard to look beyond an AB, Yarpies final. As the rest of us can be inconsistent and would likely have to beat both those behemoths to win it; hard to see anyone lifting the trophy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:25 - Oct 19 with 2828 viewsToast_R

Couldn't believe how Ireland folded so early, no belief from the getgo. Even when they had a big chance to get a Try on the board before HT with a penalty the stupid tw@t gives away a reverse penalty. I'd be surprised if he didn't get an interval slap from his team mates for that, completely braindead dicipline.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:32 - Oct 20 with 2674 viewstimcocking

Pretty sure Wainwright's moustache has been bought from a joke shop and stuck on...
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:43 - Oct 20 with 2645 viewsted_hendrix

The French are lunatics.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:52 - Oct 20 with 2634 viewslondonscottish

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:43 - Oct 20 by ted_hendrix

The French are lunatics.

Nothing new there then.

Back when Scotland were consistently decent (the mid 80's to mid 90's) I'd watch them beat the French by doing little more that frustrate their backs for half an hour or so,

Queue French implosion, eight pens to Scotland and a win.

It was very funny considering that they could have obliterated Scotland by a three or more try margin had they just plugged away.

They play with emotion and there's nothing funnier than turning it back on them.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 10:53]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:57 - Oct 20 with 2627 viewsBlackCrowe

Utter utter idiocy from Vahaamahina - he cost his country a probable place in the semi finals. The French has looked wonderful up until then.

Unforgivable.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 2610 viewsdenhamhoop2

Japan's support is fantastic sadly I think it will be in a losing cause tonight too much power in the Boks
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 2489 viewsrobith

Wow, that hurt. I know the All Blacks are good, but we were absolutely atrocious.

Lots of people criticsing our game plan over the years feeling vindicated - but what game plan succeeds what I counted as about 18 handling errors?

Gutting as well, cos Nige properly took the All Blacks to task too. But we decided not to show up, like at all.

A real shame that the reign of our greatest ever coach ends in that debacle
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 2451 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:57 - Oct 20 by BlackCrowe

Utter utter idiocy from Vahaamahina - he cost his country a probable place in the semi finals. The French has looked wonderful up until then.

Unforgivable.

French rugby getting what they deserve for prioritising brawn over brain. Sure he’s a monster of a man, but he has terrible technique, poor fitness and no self control.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 2435 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:59 - Oct 21 by MrSheen

French rugby getting what they deserve for prioritising brawn over brain. Sure he’s a monster of a man, but he has terrible technique, poor fitness and no self control.

I thought their defence actually improved when he went off. Their penalty count certainly went down.

Peak France was trying scrum a man down with no 8 and the ball shooting straight out the back of their scrum
Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:48 - Oct 21 with 2414 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:19 - Oct 21 by robith

I thought their defence actually improved when he went off. Their penalty count certainly went down.

Peak France was trying scrum a man down with no 8 and the ball shooting straight out the back of their scrum

I was on the M6 a lot of yesterday so only heard it on the radio. Is that what happened, putting seven in the scrum on their own ball, with Picamoles on?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 2401 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:48 - Oct 21 by MrSheen

I was on the M6 a lot of yesterday so only heard it on the radio. Is that what happened, putting seven in the scrum on their own ball, with Picamoles on?

yeah, the first scrum where they were in trouble, near Wales 22.

They basicaly went for keeping it square but clean forgot it was their ball
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:20 - Oct 22 with 2323 viewsSimonJames

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:48 - Oct 21 by MrSheen

It was a bizarre decision at any time, but especially with Picamoles on the pitch!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:17 - Oct 25 with 2220 viewsToast_R

Is anyone able to clarify for me, with the clocks going back an hour on Sunday morning, is the Wales v SA match going to be on at 9am taking into account the change?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:34 - Oct 25 with 2200 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:17 - Oct 25 by Toast_R

Is anyone able to clarify for me, with the clocks going back an hour on Sunday morning, is the Wales v SA match going to be on at 9am taking into account the change?

Both 9am our time. No daylight saving in Japan (too far south?) so 5pm and 6pm Saturday and Sunday local time. As per tournament website...
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/matches
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:02]
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:35 - Oct 25 with 2196 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:17 - Oct 25 by Toast_R

v good question!

answer is I believe it is 9am GMT
Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:47 - Oct 25 with 2139 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:35 - Oct 25 by robith

v good question!

answer is I believe it is 9am GMT

That's alright then, if I forget to change my clocks, in my contrived ignorance it'll be closer to a time more acceptable to have a couple of beers.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:22 - Oct 26 with 2056 viewsKiwi76

House full & BBQ down here & going to be bloody close.
Eddie Jones has had a fun week & stoked things up nicely.
Think we’ve got the good ref & game should flow - hope no cards & some tries but think might be more of an arm wrestle.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:33 - Oct 26 with 2048 viewsheadhoops

Just having breakfast in Gotunda (mr sheen) will be familiar, a number of South Africans very confident they will win it despite losing to ABs in the group. No surprises they want an England win. Meeting friends at the stadium, 80-90% of the locals are behind England. Looking forward to the game but suspect the ABs will just be too strong especially if we concede our usual penalty count.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:10 - Oct 26 with 1989 viewsHooparoo

What a giant w@nk the Haka is. Come on England!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:53 - Oct 26 with 1962 viewsstowmarketrange

Great 1st half performance.Come on boys keep it up.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:03 - Oct 26 with 1920 viewsRs_Holy

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:53 - Oct 26 by stowmarketrange

Great 1st half performance.Come on boys keep it up.

I’m expecting the kitchen sink from the All Blacks in the 2nd half.... COME ON ENGLAND!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 1849 viewsted_hendrix

Well done England and well deserved too special mention for Eddie Jones too what a coach he is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 1830 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:33 - Oct 26 by headhoops

Just having breakfast in Gotunda (mr sheen) will be familiar, a number of South Africans very confident they will win it despite losing to ABs in the group. No surprises they want an England win. Meeting friends at the stadium, 80-90% of the locals are behind England. Looking forward to the game but suspect the ABs will just be too strong especially if we concede our usual penalty count.

Been to Shibuya yet? Weird.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:12 - Oct 26 with 1828 viewsKiwi76

Gutted but no complaints - weell beat & well done England
Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:13 - Oct 26 with 1728 viewsWilloW4

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:12 - Oct 26 by Kiwi76

Gutted but no complaints - weell beat & well done England

Fair play kiwi.. I was in NZ when the all blacks lost a semi final ... It was like a week of mourning everywhere I went... This result and performance is going to really hurt the country. England were outstanding, a pleasure to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024